Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It was only for white kids anyway...

Go down 
+35
rachel
saeku
EileenK98
Maximilia
Lapin
gaijinguy
KGarrett
Bamshalam
Seule
grmblfjx
Verandering
Cyberwulf
Chris91
Malganis
Sutremaine
Snake Bandage
Ghost in the Machine
KelinciHutan
Hot Cancer
Somath Cegem
Lysander
Sloth
VileCorp
Delcat
Mikey Go WOOGA
Zeiss Manifold
Root Admin
theweirdkind
Mafiosa
Mr.Doobie
Mystique
ZoZo
Mae Bedlam
Raine
unskilled78
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

It was only for white kids anyway... Empty
PostSubject: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:54 am

Berkeley High School plans to cut science labs and teachers because they are only used by White smart kids

Now, I'm sure we all could understand if it was for simple economic reasons (California no longer having the cash to sling around like a sex-fiend in a brothel), but apparently it's not.

Quote :
Paul Gibson, an alternate parent representative on the School Governance Council, said that information presented at council meetings suggests that the science labs were largely classes for white students. He said the decision to consider cutting the labs in order to redirect resources to underperforming students was virtually unanimous.

Cutting the achivement gap by preventing anyone from excelling in science? Why didn't We think of that?

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:45 am

Wha...

Well this is just silly. scratch
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:41 am

Well, just cut out math, too, while you're at it. We're behind almost every first-world nation in that department, so what's the point in bothering to improve these programs and, you know, teach kids shit if they can't all be special little snowflakes who are good at everything?

This is seriously insane. Like, Harrison Bergeron insane.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:15 am

Except that wasn't how it happened, exactly...

Quote :
The Berkeley High School Governance Council (SGC) voted last week to approve the latest school redesign plan, including a controversial proposal to eliminate science lab instruction that is currently offered before and after regular school hours.

The rationale for this elimination is that the funds required by the labs can be better spent on “equity grants” intended to narrow the achievement gap at BHS between higher and lower achieving students.

I find it interesting that all of the other reports the "OH NOES IT'S FOR WHITES ONLY THIS IS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD" articles came out after this one. It's almost as if they may have some kind of agenda...

Anyway, "school makes unpopular decision as it needs to make ends meet and divert funds to addressing other problems" doesn't make a very interesting story.
Back to top Go down
Mystique
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mystique

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:59 pm

ZoZo wrote:

Quote :
The Berkeley High School Governance Council (SGC) voted last week to approve the latest school redesign plan, including a controversial proposal to eliminate science lab instruction that is currently offered before and after regular school hours.

The rationale for this elimination is that the funds required by the labs can be better spent on “equity grants” intended to narrow the achievement gap at BHS between higher and lower achieving students.

I find it interesting that all of the other reports the "OH NOES IT'S FOR WHITES ONLY THIS IS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD" articles came out after this one. It's almost as if they may have some kind of agenda...

Anyway, "school makes unpopular decision as it needs to make ends meet and divert funds to addressing other problems" doesn't make a very interesting story.
Stop trying to be reasonable on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:59 pm

ZoZo wrote:

People should've figured this out the moment they saw it was Unskilled who made this thread.
Back to top Go down
Mystique
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mystique

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

People should've figured this out the moment they saw it was Unskilled who made this thread.
I'm soooo out of the loop on who is a dumbass these days.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:22 pm

"WHITE MEN ARE THE THE MOST SOCIALLY REPRESSED GROUP IN UHMERICA"-Unskilled
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Mystique wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

Ah, he bopped around a bit on the House, but he didn't really gain much of a reputation until he got here. Basically, imagine Mikey except with less sports and all of Chris91's humorlessness.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Mystique wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

Ah, he bopped around a bit on the House, but he didn't really gain much of a reputation until he got here. Basically, imagine Mikey except with less sports and all of Chris91's humorlessness.
He actually did gain some reputation on the House. He was labeled a Troll on there until Verandering did away with that.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

Well yeah. It was only today I could actually be arsed to find what actually happened.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Quote :
Okay, I totally missed that part and thought the school was cutting science instruction full stop. I'm a dumbass.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 10:08 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Pretty sure I never said that....Especially with that misspelling.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 10:11 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

unskilled78 wrote:
Berkeley High School plans to cut science labs and teachers because they are only used by White smart kids
BAWWW RUINING OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE MAJORITY BAAWWWWW

You do know that if the kids are proactive they can do science projects and learn after school on their own, right? That's what we did. Walked to school without jackets in the snow uphill, too. Both ways. For miles. Then we went home and calculated trajectories of IF I HIT THIS KID IN THE FACE THIS HARD HOW MUCH WILL IT HURT.

Physics was fun. It was only for white kids anyway... 896582

Last edited by Nihilist on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 10:12 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:10 am

Nihilist wrote:
You do know that if the kids are proactive they
can do science projects and learn after school on their own, right?
That's what we did. Walked to school without jackets in the snow
uphill, too. Both ways. For miles. Then we went home and calculated
trajectories of IF I HIT THIS KID IN THE FACE THIS HARD HOW MUCH WILL
IT HURT.

Why would you go through equations and stuff for that? scratch

I'd just hit people in the face with things and ask them how it felt. Then they'd yell at me and throw stuff. We learned by doing. Razz
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:44 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I'd just hit people in the face with things and ask them how it felt. Then they'd yell at me and throw stuff. We learned by doing. Razz
Aww, I like that you asked how it felt. That's a vital part of social development there, dear. If you'd calculated trajectories, maybe you'd be better at golf.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Plus much more offensiveness, plus sexual harassment of the majority of the female members.

I honestly don't know why we haven't banned the little creepazoid yet.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
VileCorp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VileCorp

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:46 am

Hahaa! Your multicultural nation is a joke.

But you're producing a never ending parade of nihilistic beautiful people, so it's all cool.

Edit: And Delcat, since when is the sexual harassment of the cunts not allowed?
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sloth

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:12 pm

Delcat wrote:

Because this forum is made up of people only slightly more socially adept than him. We gotta look down on somebody.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Delcat wrote:

We already had this conversation last month. It's because this is a self-moderated board populated by a bunch of people who's balls fall off at the thought of actually moderating someone. It went something like this:

"Sure, he sexually harasses people over skype and invites kids and moronic furfags to the board and ignores the fact that everyone wants him to leave, but is it right to ban him? Gosh Unskilled, I'm sorry I used the B-word, let me come over and pat you on the head until you feel better, darling. You know, I don't think sexual harassment is even technically against the rules; we should possibly maybe consider adding that at some point? Oh, let's just drop this before someone's feelings get hurt."

Be glad you missed it or forgot it. Giant, weepy pussyfest of a conversation. I don't really care about Unskilled one way or the other, 'cause it's not me he's hitting on, but damn if it wasn't disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:36 pm

Delcat wrote:

I thought I could count on people to just ignore him, know when to stand up for themselves, and keep their information away from him. Guess I was wrong.

See, that is self-moderation.
Back to top Go down
VileCorp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VileCorp

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:40 pm

Nihilist wrote:
Delcat wrote:

I thought I could count on people to just ignore him, know when to stand up for themselves, and keep their information away from him. Guess I was wrong.

See, that is self-moderation.

On what facts are you basing your assumption, that people are smart?
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:54 pm

Delcat wrote:

Simple because although he's the poster child for border line rapests and has committed some form of Cyberstalking (which is illegal btw, breaking the one rule which I'm pretty sure was ban worth even in the guru's day), no fucker wants to be the one to drop the axe.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Delcat wrote:

Simple because although he's the poster child for border line rapests and has committed some form of Cyberstalking (which is illegal btw, breaking the one rule which I'm pretty sure was ban worth even in the guru's day), no fucker wants to be the one to drop the axe.

Ah yes, but as I said to you in chat Mr. Cegem, those Cyberstalking laws include the provision that there has to be a genuine threat of violence by the stalker. I concede that it's entirely possible there has been that from Unbrained and I missed it, but to the best of my knowledge such a threat hasn't been seen from Unbrained, so it's not a straighforward One Rule breaker.

Whilst I have no desire whatsoever to see him remain here, "boderline" comments and actions, whilst despicable, are a different matter to taking a hammer to the One Rule. If it was that simple he'd be gone already, and I think you know that.

In any case, it's Nihilist's decision, not yours or mine, and let's not forget that because of all the resultant crying and bitching that will accrue from Unbrained's removal, he may want to have a clear policy and/or set of rules (ie. you say X, Y and Z and it's bye-bye!) and can't just kick on the basis of our impressions that Unbrained is being creepier and more genuine is comments than someone else is or might be in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It was only for white kids anyway...   It was only for white kids anyway... Empty

Back to top Go down

It was only for white kids anyway...
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next