Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings

Go down 
+22
Jay/Cris
theweirdkind
lemmingwriter
Rabid Badger
Reepicheep-chan
Disco Stu
Cyberwulf
Eeveegou
Hot Cancer
Mr.Doobie
Lady Anne
Penguin
V3N0M
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Owlish
TheHedonist
Cunovendus
bleachedblackcat
grmblfjx
ZOOLANDER
WD40
Mikey Go WOOGA
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings Empty
PostSubject: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:02 am

Link (it's a video)

Quote :
CNN's Don Lemon discusses the possibility of profiling white men in an attempt to prevent gun violence and decrease the amount of mass shootings. Lemon argues that white males between the ages of 18 and 25 were behind nearly all recent mass killings.

Lemon is from Salon.com. This reinforces the theory that anyone who puts a Salon writer on national TV immediately loses legitimacy.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:26 am

There's a GodAwful SpiderThing joke in here somewhere, but I'm not good enough to find it... CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings 309696
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Look at it this way: now white men will know how it feels to have someone assuming you're dangerous because of your race.

some douchebag wrote:
I'm not saying we should be racially profiling white guys

Yes you are.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:43 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
Look at it this way: now white men will know how it feels to have someone assuming you're dangerous because of your race.

Yeah my first thought was along similar lines. Profiling is cool as long as it's for brown people?
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:52 pm

White males are already profiled for most serial killings, what now they are also school shooters? Tsk,tsk, tsk.

I honestly want to know how they're going to profile them to keep them from mass shooting. No guns until they're 60? They have to prove that they were't bullied in school?
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 2:30 pm

I really hate double standards.

Either it's acceptable to stereotype/discriminate/whatever against everyone, or it's not acceptable to do so against anyone. Choose.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 2:35 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
xerrofoot wrote:

Yeah my first thought was along similar lines. Profiling is cool as long as it's for brown people?
I disagree but don't at the same time? I think it's fucked up that profiling happens at all. This isn't better, really. Just fairer.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 4:59 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
xerrofoot wrote:

The best part of the double standard is that the people who are so vocally against profiling against ANYONE who isn't a white male is smugly laughing "how do YOU like it" when it IS a white male.

Plus, we're already profiled plenty. Name one corporate villain in media that isn't white. Gordon Gekko, Larry the Liquidator, Rankin Fitch, Satan himself in Devil's Advocate, and so on. Everyone seems to be under the impression that white men are rich assholes, when we're obviously not all rich. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Did any of you fucking drooling troglodytes actually watch this video? No one is actually advocating racial profiling in this video. No one. In fact, all of the interviewees conclude that predicting any kind of mass shooting is basically impossible.

All this is just a sensationalistic right-wing excuse for journalism, and anyone who engages without that realization is playing into the farcical circus that is American news media.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Lemon is from Salon.com

CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings 724940 No, Mikey. Lemon is from CNN. The man from Salon.com is the interviewee, David Sirota. And Lemon, in professional journalistic form, is not arguing anything. He asks his guests pointed questions and lets them explain their own views. Pull your head out of Rupert Murdoch's anus.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:24 am

The reason profiling mass killings is so hard is because while most of the guys have signs of mental illness, they're generally using legally owned guns anyway so WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:26 pm

How about banning the medications all these shooters happen to be on (that make them suicidal in the first place) instead?

Oh wait, then you wouldn't have an excuse to disarm the population and turn the rest of the bill of rights into toilet paper.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:10 pm

V3N0M wrote:
How about banning the medications all these shooters happen to be on (that make them suicidal in the first place) instead?

I'll drink to that. All medication does is make them detached at best (and violent at worst) and placates everyone around the shooter without actually addressing the problems. There's a reason that pharma industry's profits are riding high while kindergarteners are being massacred.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:23 pm

I don't think an outright ban is in order, but stricter guidelines on how to handle them would be helpful. Especially since a lot of the psychotic episodes seem to happen in the middle of changing prescriptions and dosages. Combination of withdrawal/getting slammed with a shitload of new SSRI drugs does weird things to the brain.

There was an incident awhile back when a kid took his class hostage until he just snapped out of it in the middle of it. No one was hurt, fortunately. His dad's suing the drug company. Or sued, I'm not sure how long ago that was.

A more sensible, measured approach is in order. Because as weird, dangerous, and often tragic as these incidents are, there are a lot more people who honestly need these drugs.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:17 pm

V3N0M wrote:

Oh wait, then you wouldn't have an excuse to disarm the population and turn the rest of the bill of rights into toilet paper.
Ban my Prozac and I'll shoot you first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:23 pm

Quote :
I'll drink to that. All medication does is make them detached at best (and violent at worst)

How do you know that?
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:14 am

Probably from being on medication
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:04 am

Owlish wrote:
V3N0M wrote:

I'll drink to that. All medication does is make them detached at best (and violent at worst) and placates everyone around the shooter without actually addressing the problems. There's a reason that pharma industry's profits are riding high while kindergarteners are being massacred.

Maybe, and I'm just spitballing here, the pharmaceutical industry is profitable because they produce a product people are willing to pay for (ruggers need aspirin, goddamnit), and kindergartners get shot because autistic people are a fucking menace.

To imply that pharmaceutical companies are the underlying reason behind shootings either makes you a brilliant troll or a dangerously insane human being.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:12 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Owlish wrote:
V3N0M wrote:

Maybe, and I'm just spitballing here, the pharmaceutical industry is profitable because they produce a product people are willing to pay for (ruggers need aspirin, goddamnit), and kindergartners get shot because autistic people are a fucking menace.

To imply that pharmaceutical companies are the underlying reason behind shootings either makes you a brilliant troll or a dangerously insane human being.

So close to a good, sensible post, Michael. Keep trying, you'll get there eventually.

Owlish, are you a Scientologist?
Back to top Go down
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Eeveegou

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:18 am

The only reason why this is an issue at all is because we're trying to slap a probability on something that is only predictable to a certain extent. I think it's pretty hilarious that they're attempting to propose that profiling in order to solve a problem is a good idea while also being too skiddish to outwardly say that profiling, for their cause, is justified.

It's kind of fun to watch the news media struggle with talking about race.
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:15 pm

I do love the assumption that all mass shooters are a) mentally ill b) on drugs.
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:18 pm

I love how all you do is snark everything without providing an ounce of proof. And how the media seems to be forgetting that our most recent shooter was black (and also on SSRIs)
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:28 pm

If it wasn't for Prozac my girlfriend wouldn't have done anything except kill herself, I'm dead serious maybe SSRIs make some people do that but way to demonize the mentally ill you fucking cuntbubble

I'm just sick of the demonization of mental illness by the mass media
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:35 pm

Quote :
cuntbubble

So edgy, your ability to combine random words together has instantly converted me to your thinking.

In all seriousness, did it ever occur to you that an antidepressant that sometimes does the opposite of what it is supposed to do probably SHOULD be banned and replaced?
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Every brain drug sometimes does the opposite of what it should do. That is the nature of fucking with brain chemistry.

Drugs are a useful tool for dealing with mental illness, but they are not a cure-all. Lots of people need therapy or extra people monitoring them or whatever else in addition to the drugs.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:34 pm

venom i'm not going to fuck you, quit messaging me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings   CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings Empty

Back to top Go down

CNN Wants to Profile White Men for Shootings
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next