Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Girl kills Grandfather over milk

Go down 
+26
Chocho
Somath Cegem
Mae Bedlam
Maximilia
Lady Anne
Bamshalam
VB
Aggie
DeeDee
Lapin
Ceres
Psy-4
Cyberwulf
Fairlight
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Delcat
Dick Powers
The Unoriginal
rae
Root Admin
T.S.Orr
Malganis
Mafiosa
Rabid Badger
theweirdkind
King Bee
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

Only extreme forms of physical abuse count as abuse, everyone! If you're not getting the shit beaten out of you on a regular basis, SUCK IT UP. That includes you, dumbfuck teenagers who hang yourselves after being taunted with mere words. And all you stupid weak bitches who are afraid because some guy keeps following you and you think he's been in your house. Also, SHUT UP ABUSED MEN YOU DON'T EXIST.

This. We've complained numerous times about badfic writers who don't seem to think that someone can experience trauma or abuse unless it involves being brutally beaten or raped.

We have no idea what was going on in the house or how the girl might have felt. And we can't dictate how a person is going to react to bullying or abuse. Regardless of what any of us would have done, or think we would have done, it's possible this girl felt very provoked. We don't know.

And I do think motivation should matter in sentencing, especially since one of the purposes of prison is to protect the public from dangerous offenders, and that need is going to vary greatly.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:59 pm

DeeDee wrote:
This. We've complained numerous times about badfic writers who don't seem to think that someone can experience trauma or abuse unless it involves being brutally beaten or raped.

We have no idea what was going on in the house or how the girl might have felt. And we can't dictate how a person is going to react to bullying or abuse. Regardless of what any of us would have done, or think we would have done, it's possible this girl felt very provoked. We don't know.

And I do think motivation should matter in sentencing, especially since one of the purposes of prison is to protect the public from dangerous offenders, and that need is going to vary greatly.

Exactly. I consider the fact that she attacked only the person that was treating her so shabbily and not everyone else around her also lends credence to the 'crime of passion' stance.

Meh. What we on this forum think ultimately doesn't really matter; I can only hope that this girl manages to get some counseling to deal with the apparent emotional abuse that she's suffered in that home as well as the ramifications of having actually killed someone once it settles in after the anger dissipates.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Aggie wrote:

Exactly. I consider the fact that she attacked only the person that was treating her so shabbily and not everyone else around her also lends credence to the 'crime of passion' stance.

WHAT.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Aggie wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:44 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Aggie wrote:

WHAT.

Since you're unable to discern my meaning, I'll dumb it down for you:

If she had stabbed the man and then proceeded to assault her mother, grandmother and everyone else in the vicinity, I may be able to believe that she did it because she was "merely pissed off". However, since there was one and only one target for her single attack (the actual person that was abusing her), it's more believable that she was just lashing out at the thing that was causing her pain (and had presumably been doing so for a long time).

Ask yourselves these questions:

1. Was the man stabbed multiple times (beyond the point of death)?
2a. Was anyone else in the domicile attacked in a similar manner?
2b. If not, why was he the only one singled out for this attack?
3. Was it a premeditated attack or was it spur of the moment?
4. Had the perpetrator ever physically attempted to commit an attack like this in the past (beyond just threatening to)?
5a. Has the perpetrator uttered threats of a similar nature to anyone else in the past?
5b. If so, who and under what circumstance?
6. Did the perpetrator try to cover up the crime or make excuses for it in any way?

Once again for the benefit of those that are unable to read thoroughly, I am not saying that she doesn't deserved to be punished; I'm saying that she may not actually be as much of a danger to the public to necessitate her being thrown into prison for the rest of her life and that rehabilitation in this case may actually be a benefit.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Murder = Wrong

Is that so hard to grasp?
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Moral Absolutism = Wrong

Also, what makes you think anyone is saying murder = right?
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Aggie wrote:
Moral Absolutism = Wrong

Yes, I live in a world where taking a life is a bad thing under any circumstances, which world do you live in?
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Yes, I live in a world where taking a life is a bad thing under any circumstances, which world do you live in?

I live in a world where a person killing someone in self-defense does not make them a demon spawn that needs to be sent to the 9th circle of hell. Nice to meet you. :-)

I am fully aware that self-defense is not the issue in this particular case; I'm just saying that there are instances where intent is a large part of the judicial process. Has it been conclusively proven that she intended to kill him or just assault him (which although still bad is better than flat-out killing)?
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:35 pm

Aggie wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:

I live in a world where a person killing someone in self-defense does not make them a demon spawn that needs to be sent to the 9th circle of hell. Nice to meet you. :-)

I am fully aware that self-defense is not the issue in this particular case; I'm just saying that there are instances where intent is a large part of the judicial process. Has it been conclusively proven that she intended to kill him or just assault him (which although still bad is better than flat-out killing)?

I fail to see your point, if you were making one at all. She took a life because somebody was mean, , not self defence, hello 9th circle of hell (I was gonna say prison but since you mentioned it)
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:36 pm

*shrugs* I guess we'll simply have to agree to disagree then. I believe there are instances when accidental murder shouldn't be condemned and punished to the same degree as premeditated murder and you don't. Case closed, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Aggie wrote:
Since we're discussing this particular case, everything you said is irrelevant.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Aggie wrote:
*shrugs* I guess we'll simply have to agree to disagree then. I believe there are instances when accidental murder shouldn't be condemned and punished to the same degree as premeditated murder and you don't. Case closed, I guess.

:law:
This thread has nothing to do with accidental murder. The girl in question could not take the fact her grandpa was harsh and in response took his life, You don't get to walk away with from this with any points at all because every point you made was completely irreverent to the topic.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
This thread has nothing to do with accidental murder. The girl in question could not take the fact her grandpa was harsh and in response took his life, You don't get to walk away with from this with any points at all because every point you made was completely irreverent to the topic.

Do you perhaps mean irrelevant?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:52 pm

Somath you're a giant moron.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:54 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

And your a giant sexist against men, your point?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

And you're a giant sexist against men, your point?

Nice try, dipshit, but that only works if I actually am "a giant sexist against men". You, on the other hand, actually are a giant moron. You can't fucking read and you don't know the difference between an explanation and an excuse. Buy a goddamn dictionary, and learn some basic fucking grammar while you're at it.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:12 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Nice try, dipshit, but that only works if I actually am "a giant sexist against men". You, on the other hand, actually are a giant moron. You can't fucking read and you don't know the difference between an explanation and an excuse. Buy a goddamn dictionary, and learn some basic fucking grammar while you're at it.

Using my spelling which is addled by my being drunk to distracted from you being a massive misandri? Well done. It would work at any other time cyberwulf, but guess what. Just because I can't even walk in a strieght line at the moment does not mean I'm gonna a let up, You are wrong. You know you are wrong and like fuck am I gonna let up.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:15 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Using my spelling which is addled by my being drunk to distracted from you being a massive misandri?

Are you drunk round the clock or something, dipshit?

Please, cite where I'm a "massive misandri" [sic].

Quote :
Just because I can't even walk in a strieght line at the moment does not mean I'm gonna a let up, You are wrong. You know you are wrong and like fuck am I gonna let up.

Get off the internet and go sleep it off, you fucking waste of space. You haven't a fuckbastard clue what's even being said here.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:19 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Using my spelling which is addled by my being drunk to distracted from you being a massive misandri?

Please, cite where I'm a "massive misandri" [sic]

Hmm, Give me a minute.

Quote :
Just because I can't even walk in a straight line at the moment does not mean I'm gonna a let up, You are wrong. You know you are wrong and like fuck am I gonna let up.

Get off the internet and go sleep it off, you fucking waste of space. You haven't a fuckbastard clue what's even being said here.

Hmm, Man does something woman doesn't like, woman kills man, wulf defends woman, Woman takes life over petty thing, so wulf is wrong but won't admit it it, hmm, that's pretty misandritic to me, anybody other than wulf care to disagree?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:

Hmm, Man does something woman doesn't like, woman kills man, wulf defends woman, Woman takes life over petty thing, so wulf is wrong but won't admit it it, hmm, that's pretty misandritic to me, anybody other than wulf care to disagree?
You really are a giant fucking moron. Read the goddamn thread when you're sober. This is like me claiming you're a misogynist because you're disagreeing with me, a woman, and being a complete fuckhead.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:31 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:

You really are a giant fucking moron. Read the goddamn thread when you're sober. This is like me claiming you're a misogynist because you're disagreeing with me, a woman, and being a complete fuckhead.
Now now, I didn't resort to name calling did I? Just think about it for a second and reverse the genders.
A grandma does something harsh and there grandson lashes out and kills them, can you honestly say you would feel the same?
Back to top Go down
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Chocho

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:37 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Please, cite where I'm a "massive misandri" [sic]

Hmm, Give me a minute.

Quote :
Just because I can't even walk in a straight line at the moment does not mean I'm gonna a let up, You are wrong. You know you are wrong and like fuck am I gonna let up.

Erm, no.

Someone posts horrific news, goes "hurrdurr prison rape baseball bat kill maim destroy", Cyberwulf comes and points out hypocrisy, neatly packaged in colourful insults, people start screaming at each other, hijinks ensue. And she does that regardless of gender. I mean, you can insult her all you want, but a misandrist she's not.

You're no fun when you're drunk, Somath.

Also? That girl in the article is a child who was bullied by an authority figure. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that someone would try a thirteen-year-old, who seemingly has no extensive criminal record*, as an adult. Considering there's a "history", however they may define it, I don't understand why no adult managed to either diffuse the situation before she reached the breaking point or noticed any "sociopathic behaviour". Girl needs therapy first, punishment second.

*as in having assaulted and killed people before, because they sure as hell would have mentioned that
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Quote :
She's over the age of 10 so she'll be charged as an adult.

WTF?

Can she vote? Drive? Smoke? Drink? Enlist in the military? Or do ANYTHING ELSE an actual adult can do BESIDES go to prison?

13 =/= Adult

Now, her actions are clearly wrong and so on and so forth, but she's not an adult. Charging her as one is a pitiful joke.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:44 pm

For once, I agree with Mikey. It's a little odd that someone can be excepted to have an adult level of responsibility when it comes to committing a crime, but not when it comes to, say, voting. We can't expect kids to be mature and responsible only when it suits our purposes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Girl kills Grandfather over milk
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next