Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Girl kills Grandfather over milk

Go down 
+26
Chocho
Somath Cegem
Mae Bedlam
Maximilia
Lady Anne
Bamshalam
VB
Aggie
DeeDee
Lapin
Ceres
Psy-4
Cyberwulf
Fairlight
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Delcat
Dick Powers
The Unoriginal
rae
Root Admin
T.S.Orr
Malganis
Mafiosa
Rabid Badger
theweirdkind
King Bee
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

Girl kills Grandfather over milk Empty
PostSubject: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 7:53 pm

He did it to piss her off and he sure did.

Quote :
MILWAUKEE — A long-simmering feud between a 13-year-old girl and her step-grandfather erupted after the man allegedly poured her milk down the drain, prompting the girl to fatally stab him in the neck, court documents said.

Labrina T. Brown, who allegedly threatened Robert A. Moon with knives before, told an officer who responded, "I killed him," and said to a neighbor, "I'm not afraid to go to jail for this," according to the criminal complaint against her.

The Milwaukee girl is charged as an adult with first-degree reckless homicide, which carries a maximum penalty of 60 years in prison. At an initial appearance Tuesday in Milwaukee County Children's Court, she was ordered held on $150,000 cash bond.

Her mother and grandmother declined to speak with The Associated Press after the hearing.

Public defender Joy Sherard told the AP that county officials had intervened in the household on several occasions in the past but she declined to elaborate, citing concern for the family's privacy.

"This is about more than spilled milk," she said. "The family would like everyone to know there's a history here."

In their criminal complaint, prosecutors said the confrontation began Saturday after Brown went shopping with her mother and Moon's stepdaughter, Denitra Aldridge, and brought groceries back to the house.

Aldridge and Brown poured bowls of cereal, but when they tried to add milk Moon sarcastically told Brown she could have some only after Aldridge's child was served, authorities said.

Aldridge told investigators Brown responded with a profane outburst, adding "Next time I'm going to bust you."

Prosecutors said the 48-year-old Moon dumped what was left of the milk down the drain and turned his back, taking a glass of milk into the living room, apparently to prepare it for the baby.

"Why the ---- would you do that?" Brown said, according to the complaint.

Aldridge told authorities Brown grabbed a paring knife with a 2- to 3-inch handle from the sink and charged after Moon. Aldridge told investigators she previously had seen Brown threaten Moon with knives but never use them.

Brown knocked the milk out of Moon's hand, and when he turned, she swung at him, according to the complaint. Aldridge said she thought Moon had been punched in the face, but then saw he was covered in blood.

"She stabbed me, she stabbed me in the neck," Moon said, his voice weakening as he collapsed, the complaint said.

Authorities said a neighbor heard a commotion, then saw Brown step outside with blood on her.

"I told you, I stabbed him! I cut his throat! He's dead," Brown told the neighbor, according to the complaint, later adding, "I'm not afraid to go to jail for this."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Over... milk?
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 8:12 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Over... milk?

I suspect there's a LOT more going on here; the milk was just the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Quote :
Public defender Joy Sherard told the AP that county officials had
intervened in the household on several occasions in the past but she
declined to elaborate, citing concern for the family's privacy.

"This is about more than spilled milk," she said. "The family would like everyone to know there's a history here."

I suspect this man had probably been being nasty and condescending to this girl for a long time. They had plenty of milk; why did she have to wait until his stepdaughter's baby got fed? And then to pour the milk down the sink-rather childish behavior for a grown man.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:28 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Over... milk?

I wonder if she cried over it. :crap:

Grandpa sounds like an ass.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Well, we don't know the full story, and I agree with RB that the grandpa sounds like an arrogant ass, but the girl sounds rather psychopathic. That she isn't even (from what the report says) showing any shock or remorse over what she's done, but is instead bragging that she won't be sent to prison for it because of her age is a big red warning flag to me.

Though, I would be curious to know if there is a history of serious abuse here. As it is, the story reminds me a whole hell of a lot of the Tate storyline in Ken Park where
Spoiler:

I'm also wondering why the hell she was around him in the first place. If I was had a family member who was regularly so annoying that I felt like taking a knife to them, I'd try my damnedest to stay as far away from that person as possible; likewise, if I had a grandchild who threatened me with a knife, I'd do my damnedest to stay as far away from said threatening grandchild as possible. Who had the bright idea for these two to interact with each other if neither was going to, y'know, not be an ass?

Last edited by Malganis on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:55 pm

Malganis, I don't think the girl is psychopathic. She will go to prison for this because of her age. She's over the age of 10 so she'll be charged as an adult. She won't be getting off on probabtion or some shit like that. My guess is that she got sick of his shit and flew off the handle. It happens.

What I'm wondering is what had the grandfather been doing to her to finally make her fly into a rage and stab his ass.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:12 pm

T.S.Orr wrote:
Malganis, I don't think the girl is psychopathic. She will go to prison for this because of her age. She's over the age of 10 so she'll be charged as an adult. She won't be getting off on probabtion or some shit like that.

True, but she thought she could get away with it, and said so in the report...

And most people, when they've killed someone, have a reaction of "Oh, no, I actually killed another human being." It affects them for life, whether it's in war, an accident, a moment of extreme anger, whatever.

I remember hearing a taped confession on a PBS show of one boy who had killed his mother and father and then gone to his school with a gun (I want to say it was Kip Kinkle but I'm not sure). He was sobbing over the fact that he had killed his parents and was almost screaming over it. That was his moment of realizing what he'd done, and if his emotional reaction was faked it was the best performance I've ever heard in my life.

Perhaps this girl has since had that realization that she took a person's life away from him and is feeling guilty for her actions, and it just hasn't been reported.

If she hasn't, then....

T.S.Orr wrote:
My guess is that she got sick of his shit and flew off the handle. It happens.

What I'm wondering is what had the grandfather been doing to her to finally make her fly into a rage and stab his ass.

I know everyone has bad days. There's been times I have been extremely angry with my parents, and they with me, but it has never come to actual physical blows between us. I've never threatened either of them with a knife.

Like I said, if they were that provoking to each other, the adults involved should have had the sense God gave green apples to, as much as humanly possible, keep them far apart. So I don't think the whole blame for it falls entirely on her. Just the majority of it.

Last edited by Malganis on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:14 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
Over... milk?

I wonder if she cried over it. :crap:

Grandpa sounds like an ass.

I'd hate to pour milk down the drain around you. Trollface
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:21 pm

Ever seen someone who's been bullied finally snap and everyone around goes WTF set them off. Yeah, I think this is one of those times.

Sometimes, adults can be really fucking stupid and think that a situation where someone is bullied isn't so bad. That the person being bullied can handle it. I'm thinking that this was the situation and apparently the adults in the situation were wrong. There is only so much a person can take before going batshit. Look at some of the school shootings that have taken place. Look at Columbine, Pearl, Jonesboro, just to name a few.

I'm the type of person that keeps shit bottled up and I have on occasion gotten to my breaking point and snapped and hit the person. That's why it isn't so hard for me to understand what happened here.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:37 am

I'm with T.S.Orr on this. It sounds like the girl finally snapped after long term abuse. Sure, pouring her milk out doesn't sound like much... at least till you consider being stuck with someone constantly pulling juvenile bullshit day in and day out.

Mal, you're assuming these people were thinking logically. Sure, the logical thing to do would be not to pester someone who's pulled a knife. You'd be amazed at how many people FAIL at that very basic logic. If the man was really bullying the girl, she may not have been able to get away from him. If he was doing this, of course she's not going to regret killing him. It may not have hit her yet what she's done or she may never feel anything but relief. She may also be bragging as a way NOT to think about it. It doesn't make her a psychopath.

We don't know the whole story, but I would not be at all surprised to discover that there's been long term abuse and no one realized how bad it was till too late.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:59 am

Just a thing - I think when she says "I'm not afraid to go to jail for this" she means "I know I'm going to jail for this, but the thought does not scare me". Anyone else understands it the same? It's a matter of grammar, if I read this wrong, I'd like to see why.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:12 pm

No matter what her motives were, there is no justification in murdering people because they were being assholes. If anyone can just use that as an excuse to murder someone, half my hometown would be dead.

T.S. Orr wrote:
Sometimes, adults can be really fucking
stupid and think that a situation where someone is bullied isn't so
bad.

And most of the time, it isn't. I've been bullied throughout elementary school and it did stop when I decided to fight instead of ignoring the bullies, but being a victim in no way justifies killing someone- sane or not. Was the grandpa out to kill her? Most likely not.

By your reasoning, if a parent disciplines his/her child, then it counts as abuse and the parents deserve to be shot. For the most part, adults know damn well what they're talking about, no matter what the kids think. I thought my mom was the stupidest person on the planet until one day, I grew up and realized that even though she's not always right, she has justifiable concerns that are worth acknowledging.

Quote :
I'm the type of person that keeps shit bottled
up and I have on occasion gotten to my breaking point and snapped and
hit the person. That's why it isn't so hard for me to understand what
happened here.

Oh, and don't take it that I don't understand what you're talking about. I've snapped and beat up people enough times to know. But will you ever snap and shoot someone? What you're doing is equating "beating someone up" with "killing or attempting to kill them" and they're not the same thing. In the first instance, it's reasonable to only do enough damage to make them never pick on you again, while the second case robs them of their ability to even exist, let alone pick on you. They're not the same.

Last edited by Nihilist on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : better word choice here and there now that I'm more awake)
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:22 pm

I bet she'll get a harder sentence than a man would in this situation, women who snap always get longer jail sentences. It's really fucking sad.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:06 pm

Huh. Cereal killers.

Terrible puns aside, there's really not enough here to pass judgment on the kid one way or the other. Better to wait until details on that "history" come out, and you know they will.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:33 pm

It's shocking, but I don't know who's worse. Obviously the girl went nuts. And she'd gone nuts before. That's no good.

But then the Grandfather obviously didn't believe she would ever do something like that, so he could treat her however he liked. To want to feed a baby first is one thing, but then to pour the rest of it down the sink is really asking for, at the least, a punch in the face.

I don't condone her actions, but it's pretty obvious that there's more than this one event here. I guess he's been a jerk for some time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Nihilist wrote:
No matter what her motives were, there is no justification in murdering people because they were being assholes. If anyone can just use that as an excuse to murder someone, half my hometown would be dead.
This. So this.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:03 pm

King Bee wrote:
Why would an adult want to deliberately piss off a thirteen year old, what would he hope to gain from it? Her reaction was far too severe but he wasn't exactly a shining example of maturity or good behaviour.
It's quite possible the whole family's a bit nuts.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:11 pm

Fairlight wrote:
King Bee wrote:
Why would an adult want to deliberately piss off a thirteen year old, what would he hope to gain from it? Her reaction was far too severe but he wasn't exactly a shining example of maturity or good behaviour.
That doesn't give the girl an excuse to kill him.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:14 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Fairlight wrote:
King Bee wrote:
No, I said her reaction was too much. I think the whole family's probably crazy.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Fairlight wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
Fairlight wrote:
King Bee wrote:
No, I said her reaction was too much. I think the whole family's probably crazy.
Sounds like excusing to me. Girl kills Grandfather over milk 896582
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:38 pm

theweirdkind wrote:

QFT.

And people wonder why there are more violent crimes perpetrated by children. Oh, that's a kid- s/he is unable to think for themselves so it's not their fault! It's their family! It's the media! It's violent games like Grand Theft Auto, Goldeneye 007 and Doom! Oh, that poor, innocent widdle kid, so moldable and incapable of ever doing wrong! Grampa was meen!

Please. No wonder there were Columbine copycats and this kind of stuff has been on the rise for the past ten or so years. It's like there is no such thing as consequences for their actions. They won't be guilty, it'll be the family, the media, video games, or the neighbor's dog. If this child was an adult, there wouldn't be any sympathy for her from most anyone- as is most murder cases.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:51 pm

Nihilist wrote:
If this child was an adult, there wouldn't be any sympathy for her from most anyone- as is most murder cases.
...but she ISN'T an adult. She's a child. You just said that. That's the point. You're saying, "If object X was object Y, she would be treated like object Y." Saying "If this soda was beer, we would all be drunk right now" doesn't make you any more intoxicated on strawberry Crush.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:51 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Fairlight wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
Fairlight wrote:
King Bee wrote:
Does it?
Okay, I'll word it differently.
The same family contained a violent kid who lashed out with a knife when pushed too far and a man who was an arsehole to a kid when he should have been old enough to know better. Doesn't sound like the sort of family you want in your street.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Delcat wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
If this child was an adult, there wouldn't be any sympathy for her from most anyone- as is most murder cases.
...but she ISN'T an adult. She's a child. You just said that. That's the point. You're saying, "If object X was object Y, she would be treated like object Y." Saying "If this soda was beer, we would all be drunk right now" doesn't make you any more intoxicated on strawberry Crush.

Thanks for completely missing the point of my statement and inserting a pointless comparison. That's it, attack me on innocuous semantics with coke and beer. What strategy! Oh, so snarky.

Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:06 pm

It might interest you self-righteous morons to know that the vast majority of children who kill a parent/caregiver have been abused in some way by that person. So you can stop fucking framing this as OH SHE KILLED HIM OVER A GLASS OF MILK GOD I HAVE BAD DAYS AND I DON'T KILL PEOPLE.

And you can knock your OH I HAVE A BAD RELATIONSHIP WITH MY PARENTS AND I HAVEN'T KILLED THEM fuckbaggery on the head too. Your experience is not universal, and you don't know what the hell was going on in that house, or for how long.

Nihilist wrote:
And people wonder why there are more violent crimes perpetrated by children. Oh, that's a kid- s/he is unable to think for themselves so it's not their fault! It's their family! It's the media! It's violent games like Grand Theft Auto, Goldeneye 007 and Doom! Oh, that poor, innocent widdle kid, so moldable and incapable of ever doing wrong!

Kids are mouldable, you fucking rodeo clown - and family plays a huge fucking influence in their lives. That's why, you know, it's generally desireable to remove children from homes where they're being abused. That's why Mom and Dad are advised not to talk shit to their kids about the other parent when they're getting/after they get divorced. By the way, Kittenmommy-wannabes, just because I say that doesn't mean I think a kid who commits murder should be sent on his/her way with a cookie and a pat on the head. Explanation and excuse are two different things. Look them up.

As to violent movies, games and videos - no, they won't make a normal, well-adjusted kid who has decent parents suddenly turn violent. But they may negatively influence a kid who is neglected, or who already feels isolated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk Empty

Back to top Go down

Girl kills Grandfather over milk
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next