Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?

Go down 
+5
Sloth
Lembech
Raine
Aggie
Malganis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? Empty
PostSubject: Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?   Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:59 pm

POP!

Quote :

Russian news agency Ria Novosti reports
the 25-year-old chemistry student was found dead with his jaw blown off
after he was working on a computer at his parents’ house in the Ukraine city of Konotop.

"A loud pop was heard from the student's room," a city police chief aide told ukranews.com.

"When his relatives entered the room they saw that the lower part of the young man's face had been blown off."

The man was studying at Ukraine’s Kiev Polytechnic Institute and was known for his habit of dipping chewing in citric acid.

Ria Novosti reports police found both citric acid packets
and “some kind of explosive material” on a table in his parents’s room.

They believe he may have confused the two packets, dipping thegum into the explosive material rather than the citric acid.

Forensic experts will travel from Kiev tomorrow to investigate the substance, as local authorities feared it may explode if transported.

Dunno if I buy this story, but... eh, weird enough, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?   Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:43 am

Well, that's a jawdropper.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?   Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:53 am

Aggie wrote:

Rolling Eyes I can't believe I lol'd.
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?   Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 am

Aggie wrote:
Tasteless yes, but I'd be a fucking liar if I said I didn't get chuckle out of that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This story sounds too much like Darwin Award material.

Quote :
The man was studying at Ukraine’s Kiev Polytechnic Institute and was known for his habit of dipping chewing in citric acid.
Missing word aside, wat.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sloth

PostSubject: Re: Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?   Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:50 am

Lembech wrote:
Quote :
Missing word aside, wat.

Makes it nice and sour. I remember I had a chemistry set when I was younger and I used to crumble the citric acid (it came in powder form) on my tongue. It's like eating Warheads but better. And really not dangerous at all, that I know of.
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?   Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:33 am

What did you expect? It's Ukraine. Shit like this happens there all the time(No, and let's not talk about the things that are going on in Russia). Whatever you thought was illegal or stupid is bound to happen in there. Razz

We even had a TV show here in Finland showing all the WTF stuff that happens in Russian speaking countries. People were shown to getting killed in it, but the most weirdest thing I think I ever saw in it was a military personnel teaching grade school kids to use bazooka in a classroom. The bazooka launched during the presentation destroying the whole ceiling.
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?   Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:12 am

Sloth wrote:
Lembech wrote:
Quote :
Missing word aside, wat.
Makes it nice and sour. I remember I had a chemistry set when I was younger and I used to crumble the citric acid (it came in powder form) on my tongue. It's like eating Warheads but better. And really not dangerous at all, that I know of.
Also, citric acid is an extraordinarily common natural substance that can be found in high concentrations in oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit, tangerines, pomelo...
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?   Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:21 am

Malganis wrote:
POP!
Russian news agency Ria Novosti reports
the 25-year-old chemistry student was found dead with his jaw blown off
And a Generation X comic book in his lap.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?   Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:28 am

At least he went out with a bang. Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? 723337
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?   Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:09 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Lembech wrote:
Quote :
Missing word aside, wat.
Also, citric acid is an extraordinarily common natural substance that can be found in high concentrations in oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit, tangerines, pomelo...

Ah, forgot that.

I wish I knew what material it was. I'm starting to think that said powder was flash powder. Some if not all variations of the stuff are highly unstable and can explode with just the tiniest bit of pressure (with some versions that can easily take off part of one's arm). If it was flash powder it was probably triggered by his chewing.

I'm really starting to think that he did this on purpose. Not for suicidal intent, but to probably to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?   Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum? Empty

Back to top Go down

Man allegedly kills himself via explosive... gum?
Page 1 of 1