Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Girl kills Grandfather over milk

Go down 
+26
Chocho
Somath Cegem
Mae Bedlam
Maximilia
Lady Anne
Bamshalam
VB
Aggie
DeeDee
Lapin
Ceres
Psy-4
Cyberwulf
Fairlight
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Delcat
Dick Powers
The Unoriginal
rae
Root Admin
T.S.Orr
Malganis
Mafiosa
Rabid Badger
theweirdkind
King Bee
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:45 pm

I'll restate my point.

Murder = Wrong. Justify it or fuck of.

No fluff, no twists. I want cold hard evidence that killing this man was the only option and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Aggie wrote:
Moral Absolutism = Wrong

So, are you in essence saying the only moral absolute is that there are no moral absolutes? Or is it just improper to state out loud that there are moral absolutes?

Look, I don't know what happened to this girl in her life. I don't know exactly what this man did to her. He could have emotionally abused her, sexually abused her, or physically abused her -- each is horrible, so I'm not making excuses for that.

But the thing is, we don't know. We don't know what mental or psychological problems the girl has, if any. We don't know the extent or duration of the abuse.

I'm now hesitant to say she sounds psychopathic (and note I say 'SOUNDS psychopathic' rather than 'IS psychopathic'), since I sure as hell don't know, but I'm just as equally hesitant to call her a 'poor girl' who was suffering mental abuse for years by this man without any relief and that's what caused her action, because I sure as hell don't know that either.

I don't think she should be locked up for the rest of her natural life with adults who will take advantage of her youth and just abuse her further or teach her to be a better criminal. Put her in a juvenile center where she can be observed and where she can continue her education. I think she needs help, but she also needs to be locked away from society for some years.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 7:45 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
I'll restate my point.

No fluff, no twists. I want cold hard evidence that killing this man was the only option and nothing else.
Do you know the reason why we have a judicial process, Somath? It's so that, in complex legal situations with lots of shades of gray, a jury and judge can find a punishment that fits each individual crime depending on its unique circumstances. Moral absolutism like the ideas you're espousing has no business in neither the court of law nor this crime in particular.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Quote :
She's over the age of 10 so she'll be charged as an adult.

WTF?

Can she vote? Drive? Smoke? Drink? Enlist in the military? Or do ANYTHING ELSE an actual adult can do BESIDES go to prison?

13 =/= Adult

Now,
her actions are clearly wrong and so on and so forth, but she's not an
adult. Charging her as one is a pitiful joke.
Seconded like woah.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Malganis wrote:
I don't think she should be locked up for the rest of her natural life with adults who will take advantage of her youth and just abuse her further or teach her to be a better criminal. Put her in a juvenile center where she can be observed and where she can continue her education. I think she needs help, but she also needs to be locked away from society for some years.

Exactly my point; thank you for stating it more clearly. Smile
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 11:54 pm

Aggie wrote:
I live in a world where a person killing someone in self-defense does not make them a demon spawn that needs to be sent to the 9th circle of hell. Nice to meet you. :-)

Aggie wrote:
Self-defense

Aggie wrote:
Self-defense
Was she defending the fucking milk or something? Seriously? Self-defense? :eyebrow:
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:45 am

theweirdkind wrote:
Was she defending the fucking milk or something? Seriously? Self-defense? :eyebrow:

With all due respect, I'm not going to repeat myself. I've already said that that was a comment about my general position on moral absolutism in regards to murder and not this case in particular which, if you'll read up a bit, was the basis of several people saying that it was irrelevant. However, since you do seem to like mindless repetition...

With all due respect, I'm not going to repeat myself. I've already said that that was a comment about my general position on moral absolutism in regards to murder and not this case in particular which, if you'll read up a bit, was the basis of several people saying that it was irrelevant. However, since you do seem to like mindless repetition...

With all due respect, I'm not going to repeat myself. I've already said that that was a comment about my general position on moral absolutism in regards to murder and not this case in particular which, if you'll read up a bit, was the basis of several people saying that it was irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 5:17 am

Personally I think she wasn't afraid of the consequences because she felt that the treatment of her grandfather was worse.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:08 am

I personally think you've all got your heads up your arses because there's not enough information to draw any conclusions. Seriously, you're arguing over scenarios you've invented.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:12 am

Bamshalam wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Quote :

WTF?

Can she vote? Drive? Smoke? Drink? Enlist in the military? Or do ANYTHING ELSE an actual adult can do BESIDES go to prison?
Seconded like woah.

Thirded, also like woah. I would also like to use this opportunity to highlight the unrelated fact that it's apparently A-OK for people to get crippled, killed or traumatized for their country long before they are considered mature enough to peacefully have a beer.
Back to top Go down
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 am

Verandering wrote:
Seriously, you're arguing over scenarios you've invented.

I tried pointing that out about three pages back. Didn't work then, either.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:

A grandma does something harsh and there grandson lashes out and kills them, can you honestly say you would feel the same?
Yes, I would. I would feel the same if this was a thirteen year old boy who'd killed his grandfather during an argument. Know why? Because it isn't about gender, douchebag. It's about a child killing a caregiver.

Somath Cegem wrote:
I'll restate my point.

No-one's arguing that it wasn't wrong, shitforbrains. People are arguing that it's highly unlikely the child is simply pure unadulterated evil.

Are you sober yet? Planning to read the thread properly?

Verandering wrote:
I personally think you've all got your heads up your arses because there's not enough information to draw any conclusions. Seriously, you're arguing over scenarios you've invented.
Except that in the vast majority of cases where a child murders a parent/guardian, there's usually a history of abuse.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 12:37 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

Verandering wrote:
Except that in the vast majority of cases where a child murders a parent/guardian, there's usually a history of abuse.

Yes. It's nature vs nurture all over again. If you grow up in a household where the strongest person has all the power, you are going to grow up thinking that only if you are strong will you have power. And if that person bullies you, you're not exactly going to grow up thinking that a loving relationship is the way to power over other people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Harley, shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Verandering wrote:

I am aware of that, but we don't know for sure either way. The point? There is none. Except that WGWers like to bitch at each other.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Verandering wrote:
I am aware of that, but we don't know for sure either way. The point? There is none. Except that WGWers like to bitch at each other.

Quoted for truth. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:04 am

It's obvious that as a man, especially one who does not bow before his superiors deserves to die. I only hope he burns for all eternity.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:52 am

Bamshalam wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
I'll restate my point.

Do you know the reason why we have a judicial process, Somath? It's so that, in complex legal situations with lots of shades of gray, a jury and judge can find a punishment that fits each individual crime depending on its unique circumstances. Moral absolutism like the ideas you're espousing has no business in neither the court of law nor this crime in particular.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Quote :

WTF?

13 =/= Adult

Now,
her actions are clearly wrong and so on and so forth, but she's not an
adult. Charging her as one is a pitiful joke.

Seconded like woah.

1.) Murder, by definition, is always illegal. If it isn't, it's justifiable homicide. Certain cases may merit a lighter sentence than others, hence first and second degree murder.
2.) I love it when we agree. I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl kills Grandfather over milk   Girl kills Grandfather over milk - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Girl kills Grandfather over milk
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5