Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Things I Learned at the Movies

Go down 
+79
Hot Cancer
The Scientist
Lady Anne
Reepicheep-chan
Exodia's Right Leg
WD40
Petronella
Mouse
zootie
GeorgeUK
grmblfjx
Cunovendus
pgm1962a
Kevin M
Sutremaine
Chris91
Indigo
Jossarian
Freezer
Mr.Doobie
Shingzyl
Barton
Waffles
Yattara
crazzycat
frostflowers
Mary Sue
Raine
Cactus Wren
Mikey Go WOOGA
Dr. Professor Science
kleine_kat
unskilled78
Wandering Critic
Dick Powers
Aggie
The Unoriginal
Keith Fraser
Froggy22651
Electron Blue
Raziel the Wise
Inciter
Maximilia
DarthDarthington
Root Admin
Sakurelf
SokMunkie
KGarrett
Penguin
Roo
Trivia
EileenK98
gaijinguy
Chocho
LeeLee
Jay/Cris
The Bitter One
Rabid Badger
Jenny Islander
Avari
Miss Misery
InkWeaver
rae
Manny
Sheba
Salamas
anangrychocobo
Lembech
KelinciHutan
Lexin
Melissa
DeeDee
fishstickhater
Spotts1701
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
ZoZo
Fitchsticks
Fairlight
I_Lam_Edhellen
83 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:02 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
If somebody's pregnant, the pregnant person always survives. That's a sure-fire way to survive a horror movie - be at least three months pregnant.
Especially useful to know if you're British and trapped with a group of Americans because otherwise you've got no chance of getting out in one piece, might as well commit sucide and save the serial killer/monster the trouble.
Back to top Go down
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Chocho

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:26 pm

If somebody's pregnant, the pregnant person always survives. That's a sure-fire way to survive a horror movie - be at least three months pregnant. Having sex is a nono, but being pregnant... that's fine. As long as you don't mention it took having sex to get to that point.

Because in Hollywood, pregnant women never get hurt. And there's no such thing as a miscarriage.

On any given flight that experiences turbulence (including snakes, terrorists and really angry lightening), there's at least one (usually male) hero, one pregnant women, one incredibly cute kid and one token black man. The cute kid will survive, along with the pregnant woman.

Speaking of which... There are no ugly kids, unless you need one for comic relief. Then they're usually fat as well.
Back to top Go down
LeeLee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
LeeLee

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:31 pm

If you have a tiny cough at the beginning of the movie, it is a signal that you are sick with something terrible and will likely die by the end. Especially bad if you are appearing in a period piece, and are the heroine. Extra points if you are in an opera/musical.
Back to top Go down
SokMunkie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
SokMunkie

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:46 pm

Never play hide-and-seek in a haunted house.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Nobody using a computer ever uses a mouse. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:26 pm

When someone catches on fire, they will always run around screaming, making the fire bigger, insuring that they will die a horrible, skin blistering death. No one will remember "Stop, drop and roll". In the case of Denethor from LOTR, you have someone who dropped (off a cliff), stopped (due to the laws of physics) but didn't roll.
It will be a rare occasion that someone tries to help someone who's burning to death. (The Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz is the only one I can think of.)
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:10 pm

No matter how much technological weaponry characters have at their disposal, at least one of them will prefer to use a samurai sword.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:27 pm

There is no such thing as an asexual character, and if it is, the character is made out to be a psychopath/nerd/retard in dire need of sex and likely a backwaxing.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Melissa wrote:
It will be a rare occasion that someone tries to help someone who's burning to death. (The Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz is the only one I can think of.)

Except when it would be funny. See: South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut where Cartman starts beating Kenny with a stick and freaks out when the stick catches fire, and Kung Fu Hustle, where the gang boss tries to light a cigar and his hair lights up because of all the gel, and his henchman tries to put it out with the closest liquid, which happens to be a flask of whiskey, and makes the boss's entire head get engulfed in flames.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 9:20 pm

The ugliest most horrible looking women in the world all wear glass and their hair in ponytails. And when they take off those glasses and let down those ponytails, they are all hotties.
Back to top Go down
Inciter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Inciter

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Maximilia wrote:
The ugliest most horrible looking women in the world all wear glass and their hair in ponytails. And when they take off those glasses and let down those ponytails, they are all hotties.
Don't forget that they also wear jeans and t-shirts! But once they start wearing short skirts and slutty low-cut shirts, they're gorgeous.

There is no such thing as unrequited love. If you find someone attractive, you are in love with them and they will eventually fall in love with you. If the main character is female, her love interest will have a bitchy, slutty girlfriend that tries to ruin the main character's life while cheating on her boyfriend. If the main character is male, his love interest will have a douchebag boyfriend who cheats on her all the time. But no matter what, eventually the two will get together and live happily ever after.
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Fairlight wrote:
No matter how much technological weaponry characters have at their disposal, at least one of them will prefer to use a samurai sword.
Or just a sword in general.
Back to top Go down
Raziel the Wise

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 5:52 pm

KGarrett wrote:
Fairlight wrote:
Or just a sword in general.
And on a related note, handguns will always outperform every other firearm--a glock 18 hits harder than a riot gun, has a better ammo capacity and rate of fire than a SAW, and will allow you to put a bullet down the scope of that putz with the anti-tank rifle.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Swords and staffs will, if weilded in the hands of a hero, deflect not only bullets but also lasers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
SokMunkie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
SokMunkie

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 9:43 pm

If a group of people go to a dangerous place, only one of them will survive, probably a girl. Sometimes two will survive, but it's rare.
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:37 pm

Occasionally, none will, but that's even rarer.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:20 am

If you are terminally ill at the start of the movie, you will die anyway - but not from the illness. You'll get stabbed or eaten or something. This is because it doesn't matter if you die because you were gonna die anyway.

But if you are in a wheelchair, you will survive because writers still think this is original.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:44 am

All mental illness involves psychosis. And handwaving, and talking to yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 7:44 am

And killing people - but if you're a serial killer nobody ever mentions the words 'mental illness' (or any even vaguely medical term) except in saying, "You're crazy".
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:45 am

Hacking, and indeed all computer work, is done in binary.

Explosions are really quite slow.

All AI WILL turn against it's master or go insane in some other manner. Crapshoot with loaded dice.

People ALWAYS keep gambling after they've won a jackpot, no one ever just takes what they have and goes home.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:50 am

Electron Blue wrote:
People ALWAYS keep gambling after they've won a jackpot, no one ever just takes what they have and goes home.

This is actually a pretty accurate depiction of real life. People never know when they've pushed it enough.

But what IS only true in movies is that people are constantly betting it all on the 00s.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Electron Blue wrote:

This is actually a pretty accurate depiction of real life. People never know when they've pushed it enough.

But what IS only true in movies is that people are constantly betting it all on the 00s.

Not only that, but everyone who has a sure-fire "system" for winning will win.

In Nevada, we have a word for people like that - "suckers".
Back to top Go down
SokMunkie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
SokMunkie

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 2:24 pm

But if you are in a wheelchair, you will survive because writers still think this is original.
You must have not seen Friday the 13th Part Two
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 3:32 pm

SokMunkie wrote:

You must have not seen Friday the 13th Part Two

Or the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:12 pm

My bad. I was thinking of Alien 4: Resurrection. Where the French guy in the wheelchair is one of the survivors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things I Learned at the Movies
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next