Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends

Go down 
+41
Penguin
Drabbler
Miss Prince
Braigwen
GamemasterAnthony
Somath Cegem
Sutremaine
Scamps
Electron Blue
Princess
Nightboomfer
Maximilia
Jay/Cris
Vespers
Dee
Dick Powers
vade
Cyberwulf
the asylum
Funny Bunny
Chicago Brown
Knorg
Tungsten Monk
Chris91
Aggie
EileenK98
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Miss Misery
Anathema
The Alien from Uranus
Rabid Badger
Trioculus
Exodia's Right Leg
Mikey Go WOOGA
Raine
ZoZo
TheHedonist
Mafiosa
Delcat
Hot Cancer
Keith Fraser
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends Empty
PostSubject: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:18 pm

In 10, 25, 50 or 100 years time, what sort of movies will evolving social trends throw up? Well, thanks to my crystal ball, I can now reveal a few!

-The 14 Year Old Virgin: A young man is ridiculed by his friends (and the scriptwriters) for not having gotten laid yet at a ridiculously late age, because he preferred to spend time pursuing his hobbies rather than chasing girls. Eventually, he falls in love with a single mother his own age.

-Earth Wars: The Phantom Menace: A long time ago, in a faraway place where people live on planetary surfaces rather than in space habitats, a trade dispute escalates into a war.

-The Dan Brown Code: A middle-aged female professor and a good-looking young male cryptologist investigate a conspiracy that seeks to conceal a shocking truth: Jesus Christ was not a rabble-rouser turned family man, but a semi-divine messiah with supernatural powers!

-Walt Disney's The Ring of the Nibelung: Kiddified version (some things never change) of the old Norse/Germanic fairytale. An over-the-top villainous dwarf voiced by the computerized mind of Tim Curry and his wacky animal sidekick (the dwarf's wacky animal sidekick, not Tim Curry's wacky animal sidekick) create a ring with the power to rule the world, but is thwarted by buxom, spunky, dreamy heroine Brunnhilde and blue-eyed warrior Siegfried. Along the way they fall in love and learn many lessons about friendship, tolerance and the importance of being true to oneself. They don't, however, learn what 'be true to yourself' actually means.

-BloodRayne 42: Hyperspace Boogaloo: Horrendously awful videogame adaptation sequel, directed by clone Uwe Boll IV (remember how I said some things never change?).

-Die Hard 27: Aliens And Predators Terminate Rocky And Rambo: Action sequel, starring Bruce Willis VI, Sylvester Stallone V and Robo-Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Time to roll out the "Star Trek XII: So Very Tired" joke...
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Well, I don't know what you'd call it, but the movie where Tim Burton finally just starts sucking his own cock in between screams of "YES! YES! I LOVE ME! I AM THE GREATEST!" should be out in a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Delcat wrote:
Well, I don't know what you'd call it, but the movie where Tim Burton finally just starts sucking his own cock in between screams of "YES! YES! I LOVE ME! I AM THE GREATEST!" should be out in a couple of years.

Starring Johnny Depp and soundtrack by Danny Elfman.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Delcat wrote:

Come on, those are the two things he's been consistently getting right over the years.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Delcat wrote:

Come on, those are the two things he's been consistently getting right over the years.

Danny Elfman is chained up in Tim Burton's basement. Every night he cries silently and drinks his tears, as he know he only gets precious water and a scrap of bread if he finishes another zany sounding soundtrack for Burton's new film.

Depp has been stuffed with sawdust and is made to look like he moves using stop motion animation.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Delcat wrote:

You forgot a gothed-up Helena Bonham Carter.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 4:46 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Depp has been stuffed with sawdust and is made to look like he moves using stop motion animation.
Yeah, like he's actually used stop-motion since Henry Selick pulled up stakes...
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:00 pm

I probably don't have to make any The Land before Time movie jokes...
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Keithy wrote:
-Die Hard 27: Aliens And Predators Terminate Rocky And Rambo: Action sequel, starring Bruce Willis VI, Sylvester Stallone V and Robo-Arnold Schwarzenegger.

So he'd be a really for real Terminator? Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends 203843

Disney's record breaking 500th shitty CGI kid's movie that will still make money because kids are INCREDIBLY fucking stupid and the parents have to buy a ticket even though watching these movies makes anyone over the age of 12 want to kill themselves.

Obviously it's a working title.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:25 am

Just to save the inevitable trolls the trouble:

Sequel to Movie That I Suspect Many People At WGW Like XXVIII: Even The First One Sucked Anyway.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:44 am

Within twenty years, every movie in theatres today will be remade. Even the shitty ones. Even the ones that are already remakes.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:48 pm

Raine wrote:
I probably don't have to make any The Land before Time movie jokes...

The Land before Time: Before Time Even Existed

Also, because I read somewhere that Marvel/Disney was considering making a movie about the New Mutants:

X-Men 25: The Very Very Old Mutants
Back to top Go down
The Alien from Uranus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Alien from Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
X-Men 25: The Very Very Old Mutants

It will exist. And it will be a romance comedy to boot full of jokes about Storm's saggy boobs, Wolverine's erectile dysfunction, and Gambit pissing all over himself.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
The Land before Time: Before Time Even Existed
Heeeeey, you've got a point. Why aren't the movies going backwards? I mean granted, by the rate they've been going they'd be somewhere around the Heavy Bombardment Period by now if that was the case, but it'd still beat Littlefoot and the Search for the Hurfosaurus or whatever they're shitting out lately.
The Alien from Uranus wrote:
...and Gambit pissing all over himself.
Except when he's not drunk this time.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Keithy wrote:

So he'd be a really for real Terminator? Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends 203843

Disney's record breaking 500th shitty CGI kid's movie that will still make money because kids are INCREDIBLY fucking stupid and the parents have to buy a ticket even though watching these movies makes anyone over the age of 12 want to kill themselves.

Obviously it's a working title.

Uh, Disney's CGI movies are the only ones worth seeing, at this point.
Back to top Go down
Anathema

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:35 pm

TheHedonist wrote:

Princess and the Frog was amazing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Anathema wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:

Princess and the Frog was pretty good [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:51 am

The Miley Cyrus Story
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:53 am

Actually, it was quite good.

Hmmm... in a few years Disney will be bringing out the Disney version of Xena: Warrior Princess.

Or maybe it'll be Disney movifying my book.

What? It's not so hard to believe. If they managed to strip the sex, rape, adultery and incest out of Hercules, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Hamlet (by which I mean The Lion King) and Romeo and Juliet (by which I mean TLK2) they can strip it out of UnEarthed too.

Hey, an aspiring millionairre can dream.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:47 am

Miss Misery wrote:
The Miley Cyrus Story

Or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Crack Cocaine
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Trioculus wrote:
Within twenty years, every movie in theatres today will be remade. Even the shitty ones. Even the ones that are already remakes.

In the future, movies will be remade before they even hit the theater.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:30 pm

EileenK98 wrote:

Sort of like instant cassettes?
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:55 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
Trioculus wrote:

We're actually not far off that already - IIRC, the American remake of Let The Right One In was announced before it had even been released in American theatres.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:24 am

My greatest fear is that somebody will take it into their head to do a remake of Heaven's Gate or Ishtar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends   Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies we can expect to see in a few decades, based on current trends
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next