Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Things I Learned at the Movies

Go down 
+79
Hot Cancer
The Scientist
Lady Anne
Reepicheep-chan
Exodia's Right Leg
WD40
Petronella
Mouse
zootie
GeorgeUK
grmblfjx
Cunovendus
pgm1962a
Kevin M
Sutremaine
Chris91
Indigo
Jossarian
Freezer
Mr.Doobie
Shingzyl
Barton
Waffles
Yattara
crazzycat
frostflowers
Mary Sue
Raine
Cactus Wren
Mikey Go WOOGA
Dr. Professor Science
kleine_kat
unskilled78
Wandering Critic
Dick Powers
Aggie
The Unoriginal
Keith Fraser
Froggy22651
Electron Blue
Raziel the Wise
Inciter
Maximilia
DarthDarthington
Root Admin
Sakurelf
SokMunkie
KGarrett
Penguin
Roo
Trivia
EileenK98
gaijinguy
Chocho
LeeLee
Jay/Cris
The Bitter One
Rabid Badger
Jenny Islander
Avari
Miss Misery
InkWeaver
rae
Manny
Sheba
Salamas
anangrychocobo
Lembech
KelinciHutan
Lexin
Melissa
DeeDee
fishstickhater
Spotts1701
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
ZoZo
Fitchsticks
Fairlight
I_Lam_Edhellen
83 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

Things I Learned at the Movies Empty
PostSubject: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:29 pm

Thread revival.

The only dangerous part of a bullet wound is the bullet. Get it out, and everything will be fine.

Nobody's Asian in the movies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:44 pm

The Eiffel Tower is visible from every window in Paris.
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Policemen are either mavericks with good hearts or ambitious assholes.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:07 pm

Sex takes less than two minutes and is almost never sweaty.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Every car is a Pinto.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:05 pm

Guns only jam or run out of ammo for dramatic purposes.

A cop who is retiring tomorrow will die today.

Same with a soldier who is being sent home.

Money is always crisp-looking and never creased.
Back to top Go down
fishstickhater
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fishstickhater

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:32 pm

Ugly girls never stay ugly if they're destined to pair up with the gorgeous lead man.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 7:13 pm

If someone calls you to tell you to turn on the news, when you turn on the TV it'll automatically be on the right station, and the pertinent news story will just be starting.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 7:22 pm

If you rehearse how to say a certain thing over and over, forget it. You'll find you don't have to say it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:22 am

Cars don't need locking. Or unlocking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:02 am

No one ever misspeaks. Unless that would make things more dramatic.

Similarly, no one drops things, misplaces things, misfiles things, or just plain looses them unless it somehow makes things more interesting for them to do so.

Nobody ever actually goes to the bathroom.

Sunglasses and leather are cruise control for cool.

Computers don't work like you think they do.

If any group must store large amounts of sensitive information, all of it will be put into one, single spreadsheet. The file containing that sheet will not require a large amount of disc space, nor will it have any excessive security measures placed on it. It will also frequently be backed up on a single disc that at least five people will know the location of. This will result in all that information being highly vulnerable to theft from the opposition, and allow the owners of the information to showcase their badassery either by protecting it without breaking a sweat, or by putting on sunglasses and leather and stealing it back from whoever stole it from them.
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:09 am

-People (don't) die when they are killed.

-Seth Rogen cannot escape his own laugh.

-Acting like a klutzy bitch will land you with a hot guy.

-Every game, no matter how current it is, sounds like Pacman.

-Babies heal relationships. Somehow. Even the colic ones!

-A small child can board a plane and get to your house without prior directions OR supervision for an day-long trip. They just know where you live.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:14 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
If any group must store large amounts of sensitive information, all of it will be put into one, single spreadsheet. The file containing that sheet will not require a large amount of disc space, nor will it have any excessive security measures placed on it. It will also frequently be backed up on a single disc that at least five people will know the location of. This will result in all that information being highly vulnerable to theft from the opposition, and allow the owners of the information to showcase their badassery either by protecting it without breaking a sweat, or by putting on sunglasses and leather and stealing it back from whoever stole it from them.
Furthermore, the file will be protected by a password that can be guessed very easily.
Back to top Go down
anangrychocobo
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 10:49 am

- Every single electronic device in the world, even things like traffic lights and microwaves, is connected to the internet and can be hacked into.

- Hacking makes things explode.

- Hacking consists entirely of guessing a password, usually one that's incredibly obvious.

- If you're lucky enough to be the most important person in a particular group, the savior of humanity, the chosen one or some similar thing, you will almost definitely never die, unless it's for a cheap Jesus parallel, in which case don't worry about it, you're going to come back to life even more important and unlikely to die that ever.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 10:55 am

- You can easily outrun an explosion and even if you don't at the most you'll be knocked down by the force of it, there is no flying debris.

- It's always a good idea to run hand in hand when in danger.

- In accidents cars always explode

- No one needs sleep, unless it's for dramatic/comic effect.

Last edited by Salamas on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Whenever you arrive in a new town, your first port of call must be the Disreputable Drinking Establishment as it is the only place in town where you can possibly meet your contact, collect a package or even ask directions despite the fact that no one in it is friendly to strangers. The barman will be surly and you may well need to buy a drink to gain his co-operation, actually drinking it is not always advisable. Do not speak to any patrons or a fight will be break out and you will be blamed, if you keep your head down and say nothing, a fight will break out anyway but you probably won't be blamed.

If this isn't a TV Trope, it should be.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:15 am

Food never goes bad, unless mass food-poisoning is called for in the name of comedy. Such poisoning, furthermore, never results in death; only vomiting. No other symptom.

Pet dander allergies do not exist.
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:37 am

That easy-to-guess password thing always pissed me off.

ADRIAN VEIDT HAD AN EASY-TO-GUESS PASSWORD FFS. :bitchslap: IT'S CONTAGIOUS!

n'thing the bullet wound trope. I was so accustomed to this trope that I was SURPRISED when
Spoiler:

Oh yeah - nobody leaves a bloody trail after being seriously lacerated/punctured unless they are being hunted down. Drama > basic physics, just as Order of the Stick said.

A favourite trope of mine is that absolutely no-one is burned or hit by shrapnel despite being less than a hundred yards (sometimes ten feet) from an explosion. Apparently all the explosions are a comfortable room temperature and phase through solid material. The only time someone is injured from an explosion is when they are SNUGGLING UP NEXT TO IT.

Last edited by Manny on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:40 am

Manny wrote:
A favourite trope of mine is that absolutely no-one is hit by shrapnel despite being less than a hundred yards (sometimes ten feet) from an explosion.
I quite like that explosions are very easy to outrun, provided you're good guy.

I don't know why people ask Jack Bauer if he's OK after an explosion. Of course he is, he's immune to explosion.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 8:07 am

Sheba wrote:
Food never goes bad, unless mass food-poisoning is called for in the name of comedy. Such poisoning, furthermore, never results in death; only vomiting. No other symptom.
This is mostly justified in that actual food poisoning rarely results in death and the most common symptom is, in fact, vomiting.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:09 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
Sheba wrote:
This is mostly justified in that actual food poisoning rarely results in death and the most common symptom is, in fact, vomiting.

Yup. I've had food poisoning a few times and never had to go to the hospital, though I was completely fucking miserable each time. Also, most places that serve food have safe food handling practices and when was the last time you didn't catch that something has gone off when you were cooking at home?
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:46 am

It is perfectly easy to steer a car in a car chase at a hundred miles an hour, and furthermore, the heroes never ever crash.

Stuff like G-forces do not exist. If you're hanging out of a helicopter that's spinning out of control, you will not fall off unless you are evil. If that's the case, the sheer weight of your bad deeds will pull you to your death.

If you wear glasses, YOU ARE A NERD. You are an unattractive, failure-at-attracting-relationships nerd. But only if you're a woman. But don't worry, as long as you're the main character, you'll be in for a makeover to make you beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 11:02 am

* Cops are always partnered with someone who is their exact opposite.

* Once applied, lipstick never ever ever rubs off.

* All people waking up from a nightmare will sit bolt upright and scream.

* All grocery bags must contain a loaf of french bread.

* Medieval peasants had perfect, sparkling white teeth.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 11:41 am

Miss Misery wrote:
* Once applied, lipstick never ever ever rubs off.
Women will also wake up with a full face of make up.

If they're with a man, it will, of course, be beneath the magic L-shaped sheets.
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 12:12 pm

You can turn your head and carry on conversation with another person while driving at breakneck speeds through traffic flowing in the opposite direction.

Also, physically fighting someone while driving in the same situation is perfectly plausible.

All civilian cars are bulletproof except for the windows. Seriously; I have yet to see one movie where a bullet actually penetrates a car door. Oh, and the back seat is also bulletproof, because once you duck your head you can survive a hail of automatic gunfire peppering the rear end of the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things I Learned at the Movies   Things I Learned at the Movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Things I Learned at the Movies
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next