Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux

Go down 
+135
ViewSonic
Dixie
Snake Bandage
PendragonGirl
Saleha
knightwithoutacause
Ghost in the Machine
myeerah
Knorg
Yattara
rachel
Beregond5
lemmingwriter
Freezer
Salamas
Mouse
rae
Anon
bleachedblackcat
Nihilist
Howithurts
Kommandar
Rageful Jewel
Quijotesca
William Shakespeare
Owlish
littledorrit
Azzandra
grmblfjx
Electron Blue
4shadowedice4
fapfapfap
GamemasterAnthony
TheHermit
neko mata
Shubby the Lurkette
Notanoni
EricD
TheHedonist
Mugg
CaptainMcNeil
Braigwen
Somath Cegem
Adagio
Max III
Lexin
I_Lam_Edhellen
The Scientist
WD40
Ozymandias
Mr.Doobie
TheIan
Vilecat
pirategrrl
Tungsten Monk
KJM
XLT-100852.0
Lembech
Reidmar
Dr. Quinzel
kleine_kat
Ihdreniel
Reepicheep-chan
Sutremaine
ZoZo
Jay/Cris
Notomys mordax
Twonky
Sheba
Exodia's Right Leg
unskilled78
Lurv
tim gueguen
Deutschtard
Bashful
Dick Powers
Mikey Go WOOGA
gaijinguy
Cactus Wren
Aggie
Trioculus
Malganis
T.S.Orr
Generic Thirteen
Waffles
DarthDarthington
Rabid Badger
saeku
Keith Fraser
Melissa
Lady Anne
Chaltab
theweirdkind
Hot Cancer
Pierre Gringoire
Cyberwulf
Maximilia
Sparrow
Narwhal
Penguin
Alhazred
Sakurelf
Mae Bedlam
KGarrett
EileenK98
Miss Prince
slaughter_all
A_Note_Chaotic
Sisco
Dr. Professor Science
Bast
Bamshalam
fishstickhater
Lapin
Kirby
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Fitchsticks
NastyHobbitses
Drabbler
InkWeaver
Animir
lovedless
Mafiosa
SokMunkie
Spotts1701
Delcat
anangrychocobo
Raine
Mr. Comic Book
Kremlin
Ceres
KelinciHutan
Miraba
Chris91
Lysander
139 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
anangrychocobo
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:01 pm

No, I mean he hasn't been in any of the most recent games, like Sonic 4 and Sonic Colours. Which, having been (Sonic Colours especially) relatively well-received, would be the ones it'd make the most sense to base a movie off of, although it probably wouldn't be on a particular game's plot directly. I think I may have confused myself now, but I was basically trying to say that in the recent games Sonic Team/Sega/Whoever appears to have largely canned most of the characters. Even Knuckles hasn't been seen for a few games, though I think he'd be in a movie purely for the fact that they'd most likely have trouble writing a whole movie with just Sonic, Tails and Eggman.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Incidentally, there already is a Sonic movie. It's just kind of... not all that riveting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:06 am

Much as I liked Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore, the rest of his movies are kind of lacking.

Just watch this...it's so painful...

I kinda feel sorry I'm a New Hampshirean like him. But I don't feel too bad, he seems to have forsaken us.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:32 am

TheIan wrote:
Much as I liked Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore, the rest of his movies are kind of lacking.

Just watch this...it's so painful...

I kinda feel sorry I'm a New Hampshirean like him. But I don't feel too bad, he seems to have forsaken us.

I find myself reminded of this:

Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:13 am

Cartoon Networks Says "Go Planet" To Live-Action Captain Planet Movie

There...there are no words...
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 am

GamemasterAnthony wrote:

Yes there are...

OH DEAR GOD.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:29 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
GamemasterAnthony wrote:

Yes there are...

OH DEAR GOD.

Could someone please explain how this is so utterly and abhorrently awful, seeing how there's not one word spoken of the contents of such a movie? Somethin' 'bout babies and bathwater might be somewhat appropriate here.

We're the planeteers, you can be one too, 'cause saving the planet is the thing to do! Go Planet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:49 am

Hey, hey, I know! It's a conspiracy by the oil companies! They're so goddamn rich they can afford to deliberately make an awful film and put people off making more enviromentally aware films!

RAPIN' US FOR OUR MONEY BITCHES!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
littledorrit
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
littledorrit

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:18 pm

GamemasterAnthony wrote:

A large corporation is concerned because going green is now the cool thing to do, so they've hatched a conspiracy to de-cool environmentalism using an awful cartoon from the early '90s. That's not a regular bad idea - that's evil genius.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
GamemasterAnthony wrote:

Yes there are...

OH DEAR GOD.

Could someone please explain how this is so utterly and abhorrently awful, seeing how there's not one word spoken of the contents of such a movie? Somethin' 'bout babies and bathwater might be somewhat appropriate here.

We're the planeteers, you can be one too, 'cause saving the planet is the thing to do! Go Planet!

Hey, I'd see it! I was such a Captain Planet fangirl for a while. lol Way back when I was a budding fanatically self-righteous environmentalist...the problem is, what content? All of the plots were the same (just switch out the villain and the disaster), the characters were ridiculously two-dimensional, and there was little if any character development. It was a show about saving the environment, which could get pretty damn preachy if not handled well. They'll have to reinvent the entire story to make it commercially viable--forget about making it live-action. Not saying that this movie is a sure failure, but I'm pretty skeptical...
Back to top Go down
anangrychocobo
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:16 pm

But do they have the guts to base it on the episode about AIDS!?
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:38 pm

GamemasterAnthony wrote:

Wow...I used to watch that when I was little, and me and my sister used to imagine those kids accidentally punching each other out during that conjuring ceremony thingie or whatchamaycallit. That's all I can remember from the show- and it being kind of ridiculous.

This, a live-action film? Boy howdy, this is soooo gonna tank. It's a stillborn, right there and then.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:11 am

The Scientist wrote:
This, a live-action film? Boy howdy, this is soooo gonna tank. It's a stillborn, right there and then.

Yes. Silly premises have never been remodelled into successfull concepts. That Buffy the Vampire Slayer series was just as bad as the film.

I'm not saying this movie will be good. But with the right plot, the right rewriting and the right characterization, it could be less than half bad. This premature ranting on How Much It's Gonna Suck on the flimsy basis of the original alone is just that: premature, flimsy and kind of weak.
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:08 am

True (you say true, I say thankya Razz )

It's just a feeling.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:34 am

The Scientist wrote:
It's just a feeling.

Well that's not very scientific is it. Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 927788
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:07 am

I can't be scientific all the time. On the job, yes, but here...

But I'll try harder in the future, if it makes you happy. Cool
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
I'm not saying this movie will be good. But with the right plot, the right rewriting and the right characterization, it could be less than half bad. This premature ranting on How Much It's Gonna Suck on the flimsy basis of the original alone is just that: premature, flimsy and kind of weak.

Yeah, it's not like even highly anticipated films with awesome source material and a shit-ton of resources behind them have totally tanked...oh wait. Yeah, griping about a film with shitty source material to begin with is "weak." Yep.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Owlish wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:

Yeah, it's not like even highly anticipated films with awesome source material and a shit-ton of resources behind them have totally tanked...oh wait. Yeah, griping about a film with shitty source material to begin with is "weak." Yep.

I thought we all agreed that that abomination never happened.
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:24 am

Owlish wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:

Because honestly, I wonder how they're going to make a good film out of a stupid cartoon.... but that is based solely on my opinion that the cartoon was stupid. People who like it will think differently, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:54 am

The Scientist wrote:
GamemasterAnthony wrote:

Wow...I used to watch that when I was little, and me and my sister used to imagine those kids accidentally punching each other out during that conjuring ceremony thingie or whatchamaycallit. That's all I can remember from the show- and it being kind of ridiculous.

Funny, when I saw that show, I kind of imagined the kids all getting into a fight by beating each other to a pulp.

Wheeler is such a dickwad.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am

Lapin wrote:

Sorry, I can't. No It's etched into my mind forever, like a horribly violent trainwreck.

The Scientist wrote:
Because honestly, I wonder how they're going to make a good film out of a stupid cartoon.... but that is based solely on my opinion that the cartoon was stupid. People who like it will think differently, obviously.

Hey, I loved the cartoon, but I fully admit that it was, objectively, a shitty story. I'll probably see the movie regardless, but making it appeal to anyone outside the small subset of fans is going to take some serious rewriting (to the point that I wonder how much of the original show they can maintain, and how much is going to be just the concept of Captain Planet). And I'd rather go into it not expecting much, and being pleasantly surprised, than expecting something great and being disappointed with another trainwreck.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:39 am

Owlish wrote:
Lapin wrote:

Sorry, I can't. No It's etched into my mind forever, like a horribly violent trainwreck.

The Scientist wrote:

Hey, I loved the cartoon, but I fully admit that it was, objectively, a shitty story. I'll probably see the movie regardless, but making it appeal to anyone outside the small subset of fans is going to take some serious rewriting (to the point that I wonder how much of the original show they can maintain, and how much is going to be just the concept of Captain Planet). And I'd rather go into it not expecting much, and being pleasantly surprised, than expecting something great and being disappointed with another trainwreck.

All hail common sense! Lower your expectations!
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:27 pm

We mentioned the Smurfs movie, right?

Take a look at this: Latest trailer

I saw the one in the kilt with the Scottish accent and yelled at the screen, "That's not a Smurf! That's a Nac Mac Feegle! Terry Pratchett is gonna sue your ass!"
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:22 pm

OH MY GOD.

Okay, I'm gonna need an anvil, some rope, an axe and a reminder on how to tie a noose.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:53 pm

Owlish wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:

Hee. So, wait, because the results of adaptation are unpredictable and, y'know, sometimes even good source material produces awful movies, it's totally cool to go and dismiss a movie solely because the source material is bad, without any and all intel on how the adaptation will handle the materials.

Complaining about the fact that Captain Planet is getting a movie at this stage is not so much snarking at particular choices made in the development of the movie, but it's more simple whinging, especially considering the fact that the source material isn't universally revolted, but more a guilty pleasure.

Seriously. This is what you have: "I hear they're making a movie of Captain Planet and that in itself sucks!" Yeah. I'm gonna stick with 'weak'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux
Page 17 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next