Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME

Go down 
+106
Arcadia Rose
marysukiyaki
ViewSonic
Ratchetmon
Mikey Go WOOGA
Soothsayer1989
Un1t 0n3
Summercorn
grmblfjx
Nihilist
Kevin M
WarriorOmen
William Shakespeare
Lady Anne
MacedonianSunWarrior
Eeveegou
rae
Technobrat
teal deer
Snake Bandage
Howithurts
CaptainMcNeil
The Scientist
StandupShady
WD40
Sarahsuke
Alhazred
ZOOLANDER
Wolf
Quijotesca
Foxy
Vilecat
Observed
Vanilla-villa
DavidH
SirDixonDongs
Disco Stu
Mr.Doobie
Braigwen
Alex89
kelly
Maximilia
Miss Prince
Khajidu
Grimley Fieendish
szaleniec
Nightboomfer
Chris91
littledorrit
Sutremaine
Tony Branston
Jesus.
myeerah
knightwithoutacause
DarthDarthington
Exodia's Right Leg
Chaltab
Somath Cegem
Penguin
Root Admin
Notomys mordax
tachikoma01
Just Chipper
Reidmar
Sloth
Dixie
Perverted Demon
V3N0M
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
MC Guffin
Trioculus
Malganis
InkWeaver
Zeiss Manifold
CleverUsername
Sarin
Lurv
Achtung Baby
Tungsten Monk
Keith Fraser
gaijinguy
Bamshalam
Hot Cancer
TheHedonist
Kirby
unskilled78
Saleha
Dr. Professor Science
Rabid Badger
dariamorgendorffer
the asylum
Cyberwulf
Alea Iacta Est
Reepicheep-chan
Dick Powers
Rizale
Lysander
Ceres
anangrychocobo
Mae Bedlam
Delcat
Mafiosa
Seule
Lembech
Narwhal
Toastuh
110 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
What I also should have said was that he may have a mild form of autism, but that doesn't excuse him from lousy art and writing. It excuses him from lousy social skills and learning difficulties.

And whatever else sucks, his spelling seems fine.

He misspells a word in the first sentence of the first issue, and never really lets up.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Quote :
He's severely autistic.

Uh. No. He's not.

e: He even describes himself as a "high functioning autistic" aka incredibly socially awkward.

Have you ever met someone who is severely autistic?

"High functioning autism" is a catch-all phrase for someone who is autistic but who is able to function. Not function normally, function at all - by which I mean be able to speak, to read, write, draw and generally do daily tasks. Autism is not the same as Asperger's Syndrome, which you seem to have got it mixed up with, and being socially awkward alone is not the same as either.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Seule wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Quote :
He's severely autistic.

Uh. No. He's not.

e: He even describes himself as a "high functioning autistic" aka incredibly socially awkward.

"High functioning autism" is a catch-all phrase for someone who is autistic but who is able to function. Not function normally, function at all - by which I mean be able to speak, to read, write, draw and generally do daily tasks. Autism is not the same as Asperger's Syndrome, which you seem to have got it mixed up with, and being socially awkward alone is not the same as either.

No, no, no, my friend. "high functioning autism" is a phrase that isn't (and shouldn't) even used by professionals. Article.

Quote :
First, there is no formal diagnosis called "high functioning autism." What's more, there's no agreed upon definition of "high functioning."

...It tends to describe people who have many or all of the symptoms of autism but did not develop language typically

...Children with classic autism are usually non-verbal, unengaged, and unable to perform well on standard diagnostic tests.

Chris is obviously very verbal, engaged (makes eye contact in particular) and his psychiatric evaluation is here.

There's hardly anything wrong with this kid that natural stupidity and gullibility can't account for.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:34 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Seule wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Quote :
He's severely autistic.

Uh. No. He's not.

No, no, no, my friend. "high functioning autism" is a phrase that isn't (and shouldn't) even used by professionals. Article.

I never said that it was. I said that it was a catch-all phrase, meaning that it's non-specific and not in any way scientific.

Mafi wrote:
Quote :
First, there is no formal diagnosis called "high functioning autism." What's more, there's no agreed upon definition of "high functioning."

...It tends to describe people who have many or all of the symptoms of autism but did not develop language typically

...Children with classic autism are usually non-verbal, unengaged, and unable to perform well on standard diagnostic tests.

Yes. Classic autism. Hence the distinction between classic and high-functioning. The very same article actually states pretty much exactly what I said:
Quote :
But then there are the people who are high functioning but also demonstrate clearly autistic behaviors. For example, depending upon their age, they can use meaningful language, read, write, do math, show affection, complete daily tasks but can't hold eye contact, maintain a conversation, engage in play, pick up on social cues, etc.

Quote :
Chris is obviously very verbal, engaged (makes eye contact in particular) and his psychiatric evaluation is here.

There's hardly anything wrong with this kid that natural stupidity and gullibility can't account for.

I'll check out that evaluation now, and prepare to take everything back if need be. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Wait I'm confused now. You said he's severely autistic but now he's back to just
Quote :
they can use meaningful language, read, write, do math, show affection,
complete daily tasks but can't hold eye contact, maintain a
conversation, engage in play, pick up on social cues, etc.

Which is it?

e: Because this brings me back to my point. This isn't picking on the retarded kid, it's picking in the sexist homophobic jealous fuckwad who uses a BS diagnosis as an excuse for his behavior.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
So being homophobic and horribly sexist is okay if you're very mildly impaired.

I don't think he's that impaired, is the thing. I've got an Autistic great-nephew who's 13, and he can barely function in his day to day life. If this guy's figured out the internet, how to make videos, and how to draw and post comics, I don't think we're talking about someone who's seriously impaired.

Plus, I don't think we've ever pinpointed if he's autistic of has Asbergers. I, myself, would go with Asbergers, because while he can't explain himself too well, and he obviously has some trouble understanding some of the remarks directed at him, he's still functioning at a high enough level to get online and create all this stuff. He just seems totally oblivious to the fact that, besides him and a few dedicated followers, nobody cares. And I've seen perfectly ordinary people who didn't have any sort of mental or social impairments behave the same way.

Some people are just clueless.
Back to top Go down
tachikoma01
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
tachikoma01

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Autism is a spectrum disorder, which means you do see a wide range of behaviors and capabilities within the autistic population, BUT, Asbergers does seem like the more likely diagnosis to me (based on my own subjective experiences with autistic people and children.) At the very least, I think his mental capacities are probably diminished enough to qualify him as a 'vulnerable adult,' which really would just mean he would get special state protection and can't sign contracts.

TEAL DEAR PERSONAL OPINION:
Yeah, mocking him for things that are part of autism/Asbergers does make me a bit uncomfortable. Like mocking him for repetitive pacing motions. But last time I checked, bad art, bad writing, and blatant homophobia were not symptoms of autism, so I have no problem with people mocking those will the cows come home. He knows what he's saying well enough to DEFEND his position, so no, I don't think comprehension is the problem.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Psssst, Seule: Here's your homework for this evening.

If that's too much reading for anyone involved, here's the pertinent reason (out of many, many reasons) that Chris does not get a pass:
Quote :
Autism does not excuse a terrible person
Chris knows he has trouble understanding non-verbal social cues due to his autism, and yet he still jumps the gun on interpreting other people's intentions all the time.

Autism, in and of itself, does not create a failure as massive
as Chris Chandler. A majority of autistics manage to get psychiatric
help for their problem and are able to gain social and emotional skills
so they can cope with their disability and lead rewarding and rich
lives. Yet while Chris acknowledges he has a problem, he refuses to do
anything more than see the pastoral counselor at his church, who is remarkably not a professional trained in the treatment of autism spectrum disorders.

Chris is fully capable of understanding the consequences of his
actions, has a sense of morality, and would be (and has been) held
accountable for his own actions in a court of law. The fact he is a
racist, a homophobe, and a misogynist has nothing to do with his
autism.
But please, read the rest of the page. I was on the fence as well until I read it, and it really lays out the facts.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Notomys mordax

Notomys mordax

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:56 am

Working in retail, I have the unique pleasure of interacting with people like Chris-chan on a daily basis. One of our "regulars" is a mentally handicapped man whom is convinced that he is Eminem (Marshall Mathers). He came into the store last week, and I made the mistake of calling him by his real name. This caused him to completely snap. It wasn't entirely unlike some of the 'tard-rages that Chris has posted on the internet, save one horrifying detail: this dude pulled a knife on me. While we were able to call the security before he could manage to climb over the registers, like Chris, this man is not athletically inclined (nor did he have the mental capacity to think of walking *around* the registers) I honestly feared for my life. Mentally handicapped or not, you can bet your ass that I'm pressing charges.

While Chris has not (yet) done anything like this, I think that it is pretty obvious he does not fully comprehend cause-effect relationships, and that in the right situation he could snap. He's already demonstrated that he doesn't understand "no!" when it comes from a female, is rape really that much of a stretch? The fact that he lives with his parents makes this even worse for me, because you have such blatant negligence on their parts. I cannot imagine that Chris is a joy to live with, but the fact that they make no real effort to get him involved with society (or prevent him from being abused by strangers) is really a special sort of horrible.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:41 am

Hmm. Having read Delcat and Mafiosa's links and having thought about it a little, I guess I was wrong. Chris-chan is obviously autistic spectrum, but not to the point where he is effectively blameless. However, I do think that he should be cut a little slack, and some of the things that 4chan etc. have done to him have been horrific - as I'm sure everyone in this thread agrees.

Ehh, it still makes me personally feel a little uncomfortable making fun of him, but not enough to yell at others for it. I do apologise for being all RAWR IT'S WRONG without having all the facts... Have your thread back! Cool
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:49 am

Seule wrote:
However, I do think that he should be cut a little slack, and some of the things that 4chan etc. have done to him have been horrific - as I'm sure everyone in this thread agrees.
Yeah, pretty much everyone sucked their breath in at, say, the medal-up-ass incident. Don't worry, that just means you're still human.

It's fine that you have a differing opinion, and taking the time to consider both sides of the argument makes you seriously awesome to this mouse Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 Herz WAY TO BE REASONABLE WHEEHA
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:58 pm

For what it is worth, I do not think a lot of the trolling is really fair. Some of it is just plain uncalled for. I am, however, all for making fun of his stupid comics and shit. The guy is a racist, homophobic, chauvinistic, arrogant asshole with no talent or ability and an inflated sense of self importance. Imma laugh at that shit.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:22 am

Delcat wrote:
Seule wrote:
However, I do think that he should be cut a little slack, and some of the things that 4chan etc. have done to him have been horrific - as I'm sure everyone in this thread agrees.
Yeah, pretty much everyone sucked their breath in at, say, the medal-up-ass incident. Don't worry, that just means you're still human.

It's fine that you have a differing opinion, and taking the time to consider both sides of the argument makes you seriously awesome to this mouse Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 Herz WAY TO BE REASONABLE WHEEHA

This is always the best example of trolling done wrong. Asperchu is shaping up nicely.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 7:08 am

Mafiosa wrote:
This is always the best example of trolling done wrong. Asperchu is shaping up nicely.

Asperchu is delightful.
Back to top Go down
tachikoma01
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
tachikoma01

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:05 pm

I know I'm late to the party, but I've been without internet all weekend. But I don't think it's too late to jump on the "enjoys Asperchu while simultaneously thinking the IRL trolling is going to far." I'm also enjoying the mailbox, because most of the people writing in aren't being outright douches- they're letting him do all the work.

I do, however, worry that some day we're going to see headlines along the lines of "Autistic man attacks Gedney mascot at local fair, screaming 'I'm not gay!' as he weakly attempted to pummel the pickle-clad performer."
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:14 am

oh dear God Asperchu is fantastic

they even parodied the Oversized Drinking Straw of Fail
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Spoiler:

So, Chris has now pretty much officially declared himself to be God to all Hedgehog Pokemon. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:53 pm

what the hell
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 pm

I've finally started on my descent down the rabbit hole. I am not even half-way down the page linked by Delcat yet am just utterly, completely lost for words.

Last edited by Just Chipper on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing something.)
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:29 am

So, after making a big deal about people drawing Rosechu with a penis, Chris stole a character made up by a troll named Evan ("Simonchu"), made it a girl, and stuck it in his comic.

Evan has been asking for a while for Chris to kill this character.

Quote :

Why do you think that putting in "evan.ip" in a computer will block me? That's not even an IP address, that's just my name and the letters "IP". Furthermore, you do it in your COMIC, not in real life. Do you think CWCville actually exists or something?

Also take Simonla out of your comic.
-Evan

Quote :
>No. As a matter of fact, YOUR Simonchu came to Cwcville while I was holding a Town Meeting, came up to Simonla (Simonchu's Sister) while The True Wild Sonichu was with Her. Simonchu told Simonla that you wanted her back home as quickly as possible. Simonla REFUSED Heavily; She is Very Happy in Cwcville, VA, rather than the c***-shack known as "Ecgville". (HOW IS THAT SO-CALLED CITY PRONOUNCED ANYWAY? It sounds like a very "Eckie" Ailment, possibly Cold-Like.) Simonchu uses force, yet Wild attacks him with his Razor Leaf and unleashed his grasp of her. Wild says, "The lady said that she does not want to return with you." Simonchu replies, "Listen, shock-breath, I'll quake you away in a rock's-throw." Wild says, "Well, before you can even throw a rock, I will have quick-as-a-flash Vine Whipped you, and launched you to fly back to your Villa of Eck." Wild launches his Vine Whip which was Super-Effective against Simonchu's Ground-Type body, and throws him back to that city in Minnesota.

Later, Simonchu reports to you that she refuses to return to you, and you realize that with MY G.D.C. Powers, you have to let it be and move on in peace in real life. I am the Great Director Chandler!
--ChrisChanSonichu 07:16, 21 January 2010 (CET)

I am the Great Director Chandler!

He's now lost whatever few remaining moorings he had to reality.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:58 am

Quote :

Why do you think that putting in "evan.ip" in a computer will block me?

AHAHAHA AW FUCK
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 7:50 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
No-one will ever top Dr. Josef Mengele's letter.
Quote :

Hey Chris,

Are you worried that if whites and people of colour continue to have children together, the entire white race will be wiped out? We'll be nothing more than a race of coffee coloured people.

I am part of a group that fights against this. I'm not racist - I just don't want to see whites become extinct.

Will you join us?

Your friend, Jazz.

Quote :
Possibly a noble cause, yet sounds racial. I will not join your group, but thank you for extending the offer.

SIEG HEIL!
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:45 pm

I like the new ads on Chris' wiki.

Brace for shitstorm....
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 pm

Asperchu is pretty godly, ain't it? Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 611762
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:36 am

Guys, Wild and Simonchu is my new Sonic OTP, fo' reals. Someone should draw lots and lots of fanart of them looking lovingly into each other's eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME   Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris-chan and Sonichu: ZAP TO THE EXTREME
Page 7 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next