Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Twilight: The Death of Feminism

Go down 
+116
Merrrrrr
Drabbler
mluckw
WD40
alexis
PendragonGirl
Lurv
Adagio
kelley28
Aggie
Kirby
theromangeneral
SirDixonDongs
Raine
Xervexagon
DarthDarthington
KeyserSoze
Jesus.
Reidmar
TheHedonist
Kitbug
Yorokobi
Glen
Shingzyl
Mr.Doobie
Spooky
Sarin
Sheba
Cyberwulf
Sutremaine
Obskeree
Mikey Go WOOGA
Jay/Cris
frostflowers
Bamshalam
Knight
Nevvy
Mafiosa
Anon_Lurker
Little Egypt
Exodia's Right Leg
Braigwen
kleine_kat
Reepicheep-chan
Spotts1701
Snoof
Notomys mordax
Mr. Comic Book
Yattara
Dr. Professor Science
Q
Kevin M
Jocelyn
EileenK98
Princess Muse
Manny
Tungsten Monk
grmblfjx
moonyprof
Cactus Wren
Waffles
The Unoriginal
InkWeaver
I_Lam_Edhellen
Chaltab
gaijinguy
KGarrett
Avari
Dick Powers
Penguin
Seule
Mae Bedlam
DaiLinn
Miss Prince
Psy-4
Saleha
Tillian
szaleniec
unskilled78
bad_idea_bear
ZoZo
NastyHobbitses
Ceres
SokMunkie
Blooferlady
Fairlight
Pixi
fishstickhater
Snake Bandage
Deutschtard
Chris91
VB
Somath Cegem
KelinciHutan
anangrychocobo
Keith Fraser
Narwhal
Anathema
Verandering
Lexin
Salamas
Inciter
Sparrow
Root Admin
theweirdkind
Solitia
rae
DeeDee
Lapin
Nurvingiel
Rabid Badger
Maximilia
myeerah
Trioculus
Miss Misery
Lysander
120 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:26 am

Jocelyn wrote:
Does Forks, Washington HAVE an on-season?! (Well, I guess it does now!)
]

Yep, the Twilight series is pretty much the only reason it does.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 4:06 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
If you ever go to Forks, you can stay in a Twilight hotel room

Is it wrong of me that, when I saw the picture, I thought that those rooms were more suited for a place like this?

No. My first thought was 'It looks like one of those fantasy-themed 'Just Married' rooms they have in Vegas.

Though I do think it would add to the authenticity of the experience if they were to hire young men who looked like Robert Patterson to sit next to your bed at night and stare fixedly at you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Why hire an actor? They're doing some amazing things with animatronics these days...
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:51 pm

Keith Fraser wrote:
Every time you think the Twilight fandom can't get any weirder, it does. Does that Twilight-themed hotel room actually have anything whatsoever to do with Twilight other than having movie posters on the walls? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's in Forks! For most twitards, that's more than enough reason.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 7:25 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Why hire an actor? They're doing some amazing things with animatronics these days...

You probably just cursed the Edward Cullen blow-up doll into existence. People keep returning it because they say it has too much character depth and personality, though. :edward:
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 7:26 pm

I am now going to sit back and wait for an Edward Cullen shaped RealDoll... then I will cry.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Keith Fraser wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:

You probably just cursed the Edward Cullen blow-up doll into existence.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Oh, hell.
Back to top Go down
Q

Q

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 7:38 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Keith Fraser wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:

You probably just cursed the Edward Cullen blow-up doll into existence.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Oh, hell.
I will ensure one arrives at your house shortly.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 12:00 am

Penguin wrote:
Jocelyn wrote:
Does Forks, Washington HAVE an on-season?! (Well, I guess it does now!)
]

Yep, the Twilight series is pretty much the only reason it does.

Well, the local logging industry is running a tad dry, so this is actually a pretty good deal for them.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 4:10 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Well, the local logging industry is running a tad dry, so this is actually a pretty good deal for them.

Oh well, at least some good will come out of Twilight, besides a few kids maybe going on to read some half-decent books which they might otherwise not have done.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 4:15 am

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
I am now going to sit back and wait for an Edward Cullen shaped RealDoll... then I will cry.
Is that what you kids are calling it these days? Wink
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Quote :
besides a few kids maybe going on to read some half-decent books which they might otherwise not have done.

What worries me is that this is what some people said when Harry Potter got big. But instead of building on that, the next big thing is...Twilight.

I think we're moving in the wrong direction here.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Everyone has probably already seen this, but it made me laugh so much I thought I'd post it anyway:

Hitler Was Not Dazzled By Breaking Dawn
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 7:41 pm

Keith Fraser wrote:
Everyone has probably already seen this, but it made me laugh so much I thought I'd post it anyway:

Hitler Was Not Dazzled By Breaking Dawn

I think I sprained something laughing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:37 pm

-off topic-

Have you seen the bit set to the same scene about Hitler getting his Xbox Live subscription?

btw, everyone should watch the original movie that scene's from, Der Untergang, or Downfall
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:29 am

Lysander,

thank you. Just...thank you. I have NOTHING to add to your amazing recaps, and I have no way to express my 'THIS!' feelings at...basically every line you wrote. I am SO glad I never got any further than the first book.

Sooo, nothing to add, apart from, perhaps, this one for you:

:worship:

And this one because it makes me laugh my ass off every time I see it:

:edward:
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:14 am

Wow.

"Whatever happened to her being the proxy for the awkward teenage girl like me- I mean, Hitler?"
Back to top Go down
bad_idea_bear

bad_idea_bear

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not sure where I found this, but I just had to share. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 3:08 pm

Someone mentioned Hellsing vs. Twilight a while ago, if I remember correctly. That idea was recently brought up on the AlternateHistory.org forums, and is being discussed at the moment:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Witness amusing wank wars over whether Alucard or the Volturi are more overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 3:48 pm

I JIZZED in my pants!!!
In My Pants!
Cullen Crust

Last edited by Mythandariel on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Keith Fraser wrote:
Someone mentioned Hellsing vs. Twilight a while ago, if I remember correctly. That idea was recently brought up on the AlternateHistory.org forums, and is being discussed at the moment:

Witness amusing wank wars over whether Alucard or the Volturi are more overpowered.

Well, it doesn't seem to have descended into true wank yet.

That said, the Volturi have some really interesting powers; the one who can manipulate relationship ties (SMeyer or no, that is amazingly creative) would pretty much be kryptonite to Alucard. She could sever the bond all of his component souls have to him; game, set, and match.
Back to top Go down
Blooferlady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Blooferlady

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:50 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
Keith Fraser wrote:

That said, the Volturi have some really interesting powers; the one who can manipulate relationship ties (SMeyer or no, that is amazingly creative) would pretty much be kryptonite to Alucard. She could sever the bond all of his component souls have to him; game, set, and match.
Huh, an interesting arguement. Even so, Alucard is very powerful on his own, so I don't see the loss of his other souls as too crippling. Also I'm not sure if severing relationship ties would rob Alucard of his familiars. I guess that's up to how you interpret the relationship ties.

Sorry to drag this out, I've just been waiting for a chance to ramble on about Alucard.
Back to top Go down
http://blooferblog.tumblr.com
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 2:38 pm

Blooferlady wrote:
gaijinguy wrote:
Keith Fraser wrote:

Huh, an interesting arguement. Even so, Alucard is very powerful on his own, so I don't see the loss of his other souls as too crippling. Also I'm not sure if severing relationship ties would rob Alucard of his familiars. I guess that's up to how you interpret the relationship ties.

Sorry to drag this out, I've just been waiting for a chance to ramble on about Alucard.

Well, it's hard to see how anyone can pull off a win against an enemy who can kill all your sensory input. I'd say that the Volturi would be able to at least stalemate him.

Now, a Hellsing/Nasuverse crossover, that would have some cracktastic match-ups.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:24 pm

gaijinguy wrote:

Well, it's hard to see how anyone can pull off a win against an enemy who can kill all your sensory input.
For the Saint Seiya guys, having all their senses removed is a minor inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Cracked lists Twilight as #1 on the Most Unintentionally Creepy Movie Romances.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:31 am

From Facebook Fail:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight: The Death of Feminism
Page 10 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next