Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The mysteries of feminism revealed!

Go down 
+5
Suzette
Twonky
Soylent Green
ZoZo
WD40
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

The mysteries of feminism revealed! Empty
PostSubject: The mysteries of feminism revealed!   The mysteries of feminism revealed! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:20 am

Quote :
what type of feminist are you?

This'll be good...

Quote :

1 . A good looking, witty, handsome, single man offers to buy you a very expensive dinner. Do you …

Giggle, accept and afterwards kiss him on the cheek and say goodbye. After twenty more such evenings he should present you with a diamond ring.

Offer to pay half, and when he refuses throw your coffee over him and yell ‘There’s no need for misogyny you bastard’ before storming out.

Accept and take a spare pair of knickers and a toothbrush with you in case you decide to go back to his.

Oooohhh boy....

Quote :
4 . Your partner offers to take the male contraceptive pill as part of a trial study so you can give your body a break from the extra hormones. Do you …

Say ‘Actually honey, women’s bodies are designed this way in order to bear children. We should be stopping contraception altogether and making a family – that’s all I want in life.’

Say ‘Why make the empty gesture, every time I sleep with you the act of penetration feels like a crime against women anyway?’

Say yes, but because you don’t trust him to remember you secretly get fitted with a coil as well.

Yeah... Every question has a 'fluffy' response, a Doc-Martined responce and an equally steryotypical 'correct' responce... Oh, and men are stupid, that at least is constant... It's not as though men can be feminists... That'll just be silly

Yeah... A lot of people seem to think that it's men that feminists are angry at and have to battle against... Not always the case...
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of feminism revealed!   The mysteries of feminism revealed! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:11 am

Yes! I saw this earlier (GET OUT OF MY HEAD WD40!). Let's not forget the image at the top, a massive burning bra. Also, note the title: "ARE YOU A FEMINIST?" Not even "what sort of feminist?" Are you a feminist?

Also, if you fill in all the "man-hater" answers, you get this:
Quote :
Feminist and Proud
You are a feminist and proud of it. Not only that but you’ve read all the literature and probably set up a women’s group of your very own to discuss the failings of men and society generally. But feminism has changed this millennium – noughtie girls know there’s more than one way to be a feminist, and that wearing pink doesn’t necessarily rule you out.

...um, perhaps. But I'm fairly sure sighing and bringing a spare pair of knickers out when you go out for dinner with a bloke isn't any way of being a feminist.

I had a look round at reviews of the book this terrible quiz is promoting. It hasn't sat well with feminist bloggers. The Mail like it and a republishing the quiz.

That pretty much agrees with my first impression.
Back to top Go down
Soylent Green
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Soylent Green

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of feminism revealed!   The mysteries of feminism revealed! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:08 pm

This is supposed to be a professional site?  Judging from the "choices," I thought it was one of those sites with eleventy million "Which anime character are you (pictures in the answers!!)"
Back to top Go down
Twonky

Twonky

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of feminism revealed!   The mysteries of feminism revealed! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:26 pm

WTF is wrong with the UK? Their ideas on feminism are so, SO off!
Back to top Go down
Suzette

Suzette

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of feminism revealed!   The mysteries of feminism revealed! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Please, do not judge the UK by "Company".
I have (and do) read crappy magazines, but even I side-step this one.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of feminism revealed!   The mysteries of feminism revealed! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Quote :
noughtie girls
URRRGH whenever I see "noughtie" used to describe the 00s I doubt I could eat the amount I want to vomit. OOH NOUGHTIE SOUNDS LIKE NAUGHTY TITTER TITTER WE'RE FUCKING TWELVE

thefword wrote:
One of [Ellie Levenson's] most outrageous statements is that there are different levels of rape, with violent attacks by strangers being far worse than date rape,
Yeah, that's all I need to know about her book.

Quote :
and that “changing [your] mind after penetration is not rape”.
If you change your mind and your partner doesn't stop, then it's rape.
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of feminism revealed!   The mysteries of feminism revealed! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Quote :
noughtie girls
URRRGH whenever I see "noughtie" used to describe the 00s I doubt I could eat the amount I want to vomit. OOH NOUGHTIE SOUNDS LIKE NAUGHTY TITTER TITTER WE'RE FUCKING TWELVE
Besides it sounding like naughty, I don't get it.

I tried taking this test, but it's even dumber than the aforementioned animu tests.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of feminism revealed!   The mysteries of feminism revealed! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:15 pm

Nought is another word for the numeral 0.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of feminism revealed!   The mysteries of feminism revealed! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Is there a good word for that period of time? "Zeroes" obviously has it's problems, but "naught" and "aught" (had to look up the spelling on that last) have their problems too.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of feminism revealed!   The mysteries of feminism revealed! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:21 pm

Let's just never make reference to this time again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of feminism revealed!   The mysteries of feminism revealed! Empty

Back to top Go down

The mysteries of feminism revealed!
Page 1 of 1