Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nightmare Fuel

Go down 
+63
Dimensia
Adagio
Jay/Cris
Dr. Quinzel
TheIan
Reepicheep-chan
WD40
Sakurelf
Soylent Green
darkangelofglory
Sloth
Sutremaine
EileenK98
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Mary Sue
Raziel the Wise
Snake Bandage
Miss Prince
Lurv
kleine_kat
TokioDizneeland84
Salamas
unskilled78
myeerah
Narwhal
Maximilia
DarthDarthington
Exodia's Right Leg
Penguin
darkling
Lysander
Somath Cegem
Trioculus
T.S.Orr
Q
Miss Misery
Cactus Wren
KJM
Rabid Badger
Deutschtard
Root Admin
Melissa
Zeiss Manifold
Delcat
Mae Bedlam
Runcible_Spoon
Lembech
vade
Mafiosa
Fairlight
Fitchsticks
Mikey Go WOOGA
Dr. Professor Science
Sorsa A. Jänis
ZoZo
Raine
The Unoriginal
Bashful
Spotts1701
KelinciHutan
Lady Anne
Sheba
SokMunkie
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:28 pm

Well, that was a flounce of non-epic proportions.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:11 pm

myeerah wrote:
Melissa, honey, you're 30 years old, if your profile is to be believed.
Oh my God, she seriously put that down? I have never met anyone so sixteen years old in my life. Way to overshoot, Mel.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 am

Can we still have a CYOA?
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 12:18 am

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Can we still have a CYOA?

I don't quite think it'd work. When it comes to Melissa, there's only one option.
Back to top Go down
TokioDizneeland84

TokioDizneeland84

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 2:02 pm

OMG, when I was a kid in the 80's I remember seeing Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night in theaters. It was kind of cool in places, but I remember being scared when Pinocchio got turned back into a puppet. That scene was SO CREEPY. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 4:38 am

The weird thing is that apparently everyone thinks that scene represents rape, which I didn't see until someone explicitly pointed it out. Either one comment on YouTube spread like wildfire or I'm off my game here.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:57 am

Hate to double post, but I just found another movie from my childhood on YouTube. I rented it ages ago, only remembering one non-creepy scene from when I watched it as a kid, and was surprised to find a sincerely bizarre and disturbing vignette near the middle of a movie otherwise about dopey, happy ants.

The sequence starts at 2:32 here, segueing into the two-headed worm scene which continues into the second part.

As jotted down at the time:

The protagonist ant is assigned the job of guarding the colony’s eggs, so when one rolls off down a hole, he follows. Once well inside, he finds a rock covered in dense crystal. This breaks off, and the rock shines bright enough to blind him, represented by the pupils disappearing from his eyes. As if the white, sightless orbs aren’t bad enough, he proceeds to stumble around in the dark, crying and singing—yes, singing—about how he’ll never see the light of day again. Makes the evil two-headed worm that wants to eat him and the egg after he’s regained his sight pretty mild by comparison, really. The failure to explain why the rock becomes sentient and starts following him around is notably confusing, as well.

In more recent terminology: It comes right the fuck outta nowhere, has no bearing on the plot to the point that it's since been cut by the (presumably less drugged-up) DVD release team, is way over the top in terms of ridiculousness PANTS-WETTING EXISTENTIAL TERROR (ESPECIALLY in the context of the movie), and once it's over, no one ever speaks of it again. I know the distinction may be overused on the whole, but the scene is truly and completely a mmmmmBIG-LIPPED ALLIGATOR MOMENT. And when that happens in a disturbing manner, it forms a brain splinter, since the kid can't link it to anything and thus can't figure out whether it was real or a dream. I am soooo glad this is one of the movies my mother watched beforehand and edited for us.

Oh, and you will never get that Vanterviper song out of your head. Never ever never. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 8:55 am

I remember a movie or series I saw as a very small child. I have no idea what it was called and what language it was in--maybe English, but I was definitely too young to understand it, so it either had subtitles or was dubbed.

It was a real life movie with actors, no animation, perhaps with dolls. It focused on a small girl who was lost somewhere in a misty country. She meets a few monsters, but after her initial fear she isn't afraid of them anymore, because they can't speak. A witch has stolen their voices--or maybe it's more, like their identity.

Later, she is in the witch's house, and the voices are visible as something luminous on top of a closet, or something. There is loads of water.

Anyone know this episode/movie/show?

I know, it's pretty vague, but I was very small, and it made a huge impression. The idea you could take someone's voice or identity and stock it on top of a wardrobe terrified me for years.

By the way, Delcat, that is some seriously disturbing ant cartoon!!!
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:54 pm

My evil sister dug out an episode of Pingu that terrified me as a kid. It's actually scarier than I remember. I must have missed a lot hiding behind the sofa.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:17 am

ZoZo wrote:
My evil sister dug out an episode of Pingu that terrified me as a kid. It's actually scarier than I remember. I must have missed a lot hiding behind the sofa.

Pingu wakes up in a bad remake of Zardoz.
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:48 am

ZoZo wrote:
Oh Pingu hahahaha-
HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT A COSMIC HORROR OR SOMETHING
Okay, not quite, but I'm still not sure if I should laugh or scream.

Though the episode that really scared me when I was a kid was this one. I guess I had a thing about getting lost. ESPECIALLY IN ICE CAVES. And aww, the penguins are crying. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:58 am

Gee, I would've thought it'd be the apparently scene of a horrible, bloody mining accident at 3:20 that would've been most people's nightmare fuel.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 7:06 am

I think this might be why The Moomins gave me The Fear. Creepy and weird for the first few minutes, gets really creepy at about three minutes in, downright terrifying from five minutes onwards.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:41 am

ZoZo wrote:
I think this might be why The Moomins gave me The Fear. Creepy and weird for the first few minutes, gets really creepy at about three minutes in, downright terrifying from five minutes onwards.

:unskilled78:

What the hell did I just watch?
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:40 am

Miss Prince wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I knew there was a reason I hated watching the moomins as a kid, creepy as hell.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:51 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
Miss Prince wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

I knew there was a reason I hated watching the moomins as a kid, creepy as hell.

Dude, you guys are such lightweights. I watched that part when I was six and thought it was AWESOME. I still do, that's awesome creepy.

...then again, it made 99% of my friends who watched The Moomins as children cry. Guess I'm the weird one.
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 11:26 am

Uh-huh. The creepiness was part of why I liked The Moomins.
Back to top Go down
Raziel the Wise

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:48 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
This reminds me of a little story, tell me if you've heard it.

I'm playing a game, a game which mixed two popular franchises, and after many hours of game play I end up In a place where the darkness itself lives and breeds.

And that music starts up, a dark wind blows and there he is. Chernabog. First reaction. OH SHIT! Second Reaction! REVENGE!!

There is nothing more cathartic than mashing up one of the biggest instigators of your childhood nightmares with a comically oversized key and loving every second of it.
OH FUCK YES
unskilled78 wrote:
Also, when I saw the scene in
Alien Resurection where the Xeno-human hybrid gets sucked out the
window, it gave me an erection. I have no clue what that means about my
sexuality. :redangry:
I saw that movie in high school and I cried for an hour. My first act as a writer was to pen a fixfic for that poor thing.
Back to top Go down
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:52 am

Quote :
The Peanut Butter Solution:
This is one that should be seen to be believed. God knows I wouldn't
take me seriously if I told myself three years ago that there was a
kids' movie where filthy hobo ghosts give a kid a recipe to grow his
hair back, but he screws it up and the hair doesn't stop growing, so a
frustrated art teacher kidnaps him and starts a sweatshop filled with
children making his excess hair into magic paintbrushes, and also a
friend tries to grow pubic hair with the stuff and spends the rest of
the movie with hair growing out of his pantlegs, all in a movie aimed
at CHILDREN, for God's sake. I would've laughed in my face. Oh, and
Celine Dion sings the end theme. You'll notice it's the one selling
point on eBay. Unsurprisingly, I originally found this one on GAFF.

Omg, thank you for posting this! I read the book that this was based on and could never remember what it was called nor could i find anyone else who had also read it. it's not that I want to read it again, it's just good to know that I'm not crazy/making it up.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:45 am

That story's just a rip-off of Melisanade.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:44 pm

What's that? No one's updated this topic in time for the holidays? WELL LET'S DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 pm

I will maintain that this is the creepiest thing ever to appear in a Christmas movie.

Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:37 am

^What the fuck is that?
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:26 am

ZoZo wrote:

I loved The Moomins when I was a kid. Except for the Groke, that thing scared me. I still want to hide now... That thing coming at you, groaning like that... *shudders*
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Meanwhile, on AIM...

Del: ZEISS I AM HAVING FLASHBACKS TO EVERY HORRIBLE PUPPET SHOW I EVER WATCHED IN CHURCH
Zeiss: :-D
Del: oh dude
Del: this one time
Del: We got this box of tapes to do puppet shows to, like they were skits and you moved the puppet's mouths in sync
Del: So a couple of friends of mine and I were listening to one, sans adults
Del: and it was two boys
Del: and they were like
Del: "I WATCHED A TALK SHOW AND THERE WERE TWO MEN AND THEY WERE MARRIED"
Zeiss: *chokes on rotini*
Del: the entire thing was this creepy skit about homosexuality
Del: But I had no idea what it was about, I was like six
Del: But my friends were cracking the fuck up 'cause they were less sheltered
Zeiss: oh god
Del: it was the most AMAZING thing in retrospect
Del: I wish I had a copy now, good God
Del: I remember near the end they were like "SO IT SAYS IN THE BIBLE THAT GOD DOESN'T WANT US TO DO THAT" and the other boy was like "I DON'T THINK I'LL WATCH THAT TV SHOW ANYMORE, EITHER"
Del: all out of the mouth of this purple bird thing
Zeiss: oh dear god
Zeiss: Was it one of these? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Zeiss: ctrl+f "Those Darn Homos!"
Del: so I'm not too bad on this video because it's actually SLIGHTLY LESS UNREAL AND CREEPY
Del: but just slightly
Del: But that bird sent me back in time, fuck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightmare Fuel
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next