Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nightmare Fuel

Go down 
+63
Dimensia
Adagio
Jay/Cris
Dr. Quinzel
TheIan
Reepicheep-chan
WD40
Sakurelf
Soylent Green
darkangelofglory
Sloth
Sutremaine
EileenK98
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Mary Sue
Raziel the Wise
Snake Bandage
Miss Prince
Lurv
kleine_kat
TokioDizneeland84
Salamas
unskilled78
myeerah
Narwhal
Maximilia
DarthDarthington
Exodia's Right Leg
Penguin
darkling
Lysander
Somath Cegem
Trioculus
T.S.Orr
Q
Miss Misery
Cactus Wren
KJM
Rabid Badger
Deutschtard
Root Admin
Melissa
Zeiss Manifold
Delcat
Mae Bedlam
Runcible_Spoon
Lembech
vade
Mafiosa
Fairlight
Fitchsticks
Mikey Go WOOGA
Dr. Professor Science
Sorsa A. Jänis
ZoZo
Raine
The Unoriginal
Bashful
Spotts1701
KelinciHutan
Lady Anne
Sheba
SokMunkie
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 4:18 pm

ZoZo wrote:
I think this might be why The Moomins gave me The Fear. Creepy and weird for the first few minutes, gets really creepy at about three minutes in, downright terrifying from five minutes onwards.
OH MY GOD IT'S ZERUEL'S FINNISH SISTER
except she knows to cut and run after trashing the redhead

I saw parts of the It film when I was maybe about eight, and I think I only managed to wander into the room when the freakiest bits where on. There was the scene where Beverly's stepfather smears blood all over her face while comforting her because he can't see it, the scene with the blood-filled balloons bursting all over people's faces while they sat unreacting and frozen, and then finally when I went in and saw that the kids had taken the film into familiar horror territory by walking around in the dark sewers I gave up. Finally watching it all the way through was a major disappointment.

Same for Indiana Jones, although I don't remember if it was the face-melting or the rapid ageing I walked in on.

The original version of EVA-01 stealing Shinji's brain to wreck the Daleks' Zeruel's shit gets some bonus points despite being deliberately horrible because of the unsettling and unexpected detail that is Unit 01's more recognisably human voice.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 4:27 pm

All this talk of creepy puppets reminds me of someone on the Agony Booth forums who dug up an amazing nugget of a memory from his Norwegian (?) childhood:

It seriously looks like David Lynch and Jan Svankmajer got together to make a children's show.
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 4:44 pm

^A classmate talked about how creepy that show was, but I wasn't really sure what she was talking about. Now I finally know and creepy memories comes flowing back.

Edit: And this movie was well-liked, but I seriously did have nightmares inspired by Flåklypa Grand Prix (Pinchcliffe Grand Prix)

Last edited by Lurv on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Sutremaine wrote:
...and then finally when I went in and saw that the kids had taken the film into familiar horror territory by walking around in the dark sewers I gave up.
Could have been worse, at least, since the original scene in the book is serious WTF WTF WTF OMG EW--nobody can remember how to get out of the sewers, so Bev helps them remember by letting each of them fuck her. WTF, Stephen King, WTF.
Sutremaine wrote:
Finally watching it all the way through was a major disappointment.
You're actually the second person I've met who's had that experience, it's kind of weird. The other person mentioned that that might have been the point--the kids have grown up, and their fears aren't scary anymore, so it's just a spider monster. Personally, I think it was just shit special effects, but it's nice to think of it that way.

Svankmajer ref, ilu Mae<3<3
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Sloth
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sloth

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm certain I've posted this on the forum somewhere before, but I don't care. If you can get through this without dying a little inside, you have much bigger balls than I do.
Back to top Go down
darkangelofglory

darkangelofglory

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 2:02 am

Sloth wrote:
creepy thing of doom

My friend found that on the internet and tricked me into watching. I do indeed miss that part of my soul.

I vaguely remember this movie from when I was something like 7 where there're these forest rodents that have to build this flying machine and find this flower to save one of their siblings or something. The Fuel started when they were coming back with the flower in the machine and they got caught in a thunderstorm and they fucking went down in flames! They barely survived, though eventually they end happily ever after somehow. Seeing as my parents took me on a lot of trips during that period in my life on airplanes, that stuck with me for quite some time. I'm just glad I'm 99% over it.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 2:53 am

[quote="Delcat"]
Sutremaine wrote:
WTF, Stephen King, WTF.
Yyyeah, the second time I read the book I had to ask someone else if I'd recalled the ritual correctly. One wonders what would have happened if the group had been all-male.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 5:20 am

darkangelofglory wrote:
words
That'd be Once Upon a Forest, and the Nightmare Fuel actually starts about ten minutes in when a truck containing toxic gas crashes and poisons the parents of the skunk they're trying to save with the flower. She gets sick running into her house to save their (obviously dead) bodies. What really bothered me about that one, though, was the faux "funeral" the birds held for a baby bird that they thought was permanently stuck in a puddle of glop and was going to slowly starve to death. They sing a horrible wailing song and the bird kid goes "Bye, Mommy" in this horrible subdued, resigned voice...God, it's fucked. Plenty of other creepy scenes, too.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
darkangelofglory

darkangelofglory

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 4:46 pm

Delcat wrote:
darkangelofglory wrote:
words
That'd be Once Upon a Forest, and the Nightmare Fuel actually starts about ten minutes in when a truck containing toxic gas crashes and poisons the parents of the skunk they're trying to save with the flower. She gets sick running into her house to save their (obviously dead) bodies. What really bothered me about that one, though, was the faux "funeral" the birds held for a baby bird that they thought was permanently stuck in a puddle of glop and was going to slowly starve to death. They sing a horrible wailing song and the bird kid goes "Bye, Mommy" in this horrible subdued, resigned voice...God, it's fucked. Plenty of other creepy scenes, too.

Oh, dear gods, I'd blocked out the rest of it. I stand corrected: that entire movie was tramatic. Thanks, curiousity would have driven me to find it again eventually. Yay, less rescarring!
Back to top Go down
Soylent Green
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Soylent Green

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Delcat wrote:
darkangelofglory wrote:
words
What really bothered me about that one, though, was the faux "funeral" the birds held for a baby bird that they thought was permanently stuck in a puddle of glop and was going to slowly starve to death. They sing a horrible wailing song and the bird kid goes "Bye, Mommy" in this horrible subdued, resigned voice...God, it's fucked. Plenty of other creepy scenes, too.
I think she was a badger, not a skunk.  I had completely forgotten about the funeral bit.  Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Necroposting because yeah.

I'm watching Dumbo for the second time in my life. The first was when I was a wee babe of about maybe 6-8. Now, kids my age really don't understand the concept of alcohol or intoxication, so when this scene came on, and the mouse and elephant got all silly from drinking the Sprite in the water, and then THIS SHIT HAPPENED LIEK WHOA. Pure nightmare fuel for kids.

Elephant worms with umbrellas that turn into striped elephants with worms for noses and combine to form a plaid conjoined elephant!
Walking evil elephant made only out of angry, multi-coloured elephant heads!
Then his eyes turn into pyramids and a camel-elephant and then a snake! And then a belly-dancing do-not-want elephant.
Dancing, ice-skating and skiing elephants that turn into frozen elephants and then samba elephants who wipe their ass with a lightning bolt!

(Yes, Dumbo is horribly racist, we're not going there)
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:01 pm

I wasn't allowed to go to movies when I was growing up (Pentecostal minister for a father, etc.), so I didn't get to see ANY of the major Disney films till I was grown and a parent myself. I started taking the boys to them when they were around three, and since the only thing I knew about Disney was what they used to show on 'The Wonderful World of Disney' on Sunday nights, I was not prepared for how badly the scene in 'Pinnochio' where the boys all turn into donkeys was going to scare not just my sons, but also ME. It was terrifying, I suppose because I associated Disney with relatively benign things.

Later, we would discover the horrors of Dumbo and various others together. Though frankly, I thought 'Pink Elephants on Parade' was cool, it did scare the shit out of the boys. As did Mickey with the axe in 'Fantasia.' I love "Night on Bald Mountain', though. And 'Dance of the Hours,' with the crocodiles and hippos.

And Large Marge in 'Pee-Wee's Big Adventure' scared all three of us.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:25 am

There's already a link to SkyWhales on page 1 here. That film freaked me right the fuck out.

The only other one I can think of was, believe it or not, a fucking Garfield Cartoon.

Well, a Garfield Compilation video called "Garfield's 9 Lives'. It was a series of short animations of varying flavours which supposedly detailed Garfield's past and future lives. (For the record, Canonical Garfield is on life #8, but in life #9 he tricks God and gets his life counter reset, as well as creating a life counter for Odie. Oh, and God is Jim Davis, who is secretly a cat too.)

One life was detailed in the short film 'Lab Animal'. Sounds sweet and cuddly already, doesn't it?

In this short, which is animated in a Don-Bluth style cross between Oliver's Company and Secret of NIMH, Garfield is injected (in a pretty horrifying sequence) with some weird substance before escaping.

The bulk of the film is a chase sequence between the Lab Cat Garfield, blacked-out security guards and vicious attack dogs. Eventually, Garfield makes it to a stream, and is slowly being hunted down. But then, the secret serum takes effect, and Garfield, slowly, American-werewolf-in-London style, transforms into one of the guard dogs.

The it ends... The next life "The Garden" is a hippie-acid trip of permanent, traditionally-drawn, kitten-Garfield, frolicking in an Alice-in-wonderland meets garden of Eden paradise before being confronted with the Pandora's Box plot device... Which he ignores, and continues to play in the garden stating: "My body grew old, but I never, never grew up."

Bit of a tonal shift, and suggestive of some form of insanity, if you ask me, but I don;t remember that episode too well, because I was too busy crying and cringing over the previous one.

I can't find a link or video to 'Lab Animal' anywhere, but then my google-fu is pretty weak. I swear the thing is a spiritual successor to 'Plague Dogs'. (Which, even as an adult I find hard to watch. I like dogs... Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 309696 )

ETA:

Sakurelf wrote:
(Yes, Disney is horribly racist, we're not going there)

FTFY
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:07 am

Sutremaine wrote:
Finally watching it all the way through was a major disappointment.
You're actually the second person I've met who's had that experience, it's kind of weird. The other person mentioned that that might have been the point--the kids have grown up, and their fears aren't scary anymore, so it's just a spider monster. Personally, I think it was just shit special effects, but it's nice to think of it that way.

[/quote]

If I remember correctly, in the book you see this bit from the pov of It, or at least part of it. It always takes the shape of something that humanity is most scared of--when it wants to scare people of, that is. If not, it takes the shape of a clown--and you know what, 80% of the kids I know are terrified of clowns, and they've never even seen It!

But I digress. In the book, It tries out several shapes, hoping to scare the pesky humans off, and when they keep coming it shifts into the last, most terrifying shape it has found in mankind's genes...a giant, monstrous spider. Apparently, humans have the fear for many-legged crawlies built into their genes, and that's why It changes into that corny Spiderzilla.

In the book it was scarier than in the movie.

But then again the book had me so terrified I hardly dared read it at night. Although...the first part of the movie, in which they're all still children, was pretty damn scary, too.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:20 pm

WD40 wrote:
Well, a Garfield Compilation video called "Garfield's 9 Lives'. It was a series of short animations of varying flavours which supposedly detailed Garfield's past and future lives. (For the record, Canonical Garfield is on life #8, but in life #9 he tricks God and gets his life counter reset, as well as creating a life counter for Odie. Oh, and God is Jim Davis, who is secretly a cat too.)

I love that feature. You are right about Lab Animal, that is pretty scary shit. There was also the one about the piano, that made me cry >.<
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:10 pm

I'm in an area where I get a channel known as RTV that airs reruns of old TV shows (Incredible Hulk, Airwolf, Knight Rider, A-Team, Dragnet, Adam One-12, you name it) among other things. In its lineup, are amateur shows that present old monster movies. Aside from Wolfman Mac's Chiller Drive-in, there's also Off-Beat Cinema.

Where am I going with this, you ask?

It was Off-Beat Cinema that introduced me to a mindfuck among mindfucks, Fantastic Planet.

Whether it was just the fact it was so late at night, or whatever other reason, I couldn't get through this without wanting to scream and flee in terror.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:36 pm

There are quite a few scenes in Black Swan that are great Nightmare Fuel. I still remember leaving the theater and thinking how much of a mindfuck it all was, but god was it good.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:13 pm

kleine_kat wrote:
But then again the book had me so terrified I hardly dared read it at night. Although...the first part of the movie, in which they're all still children, was pretty damn scary, too.
The people are far scarier than It anyway. What about that kid who liked to stuff animals in the old fridges in the dump and check in on them as they died slowly? I recall that he got his face eaten off by flying leeches or something, which was gross but not as horrifying as you'd expect from King's finest.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:16 am

Sakurelf wrote:
Necroposting because yeah.

I'm watching Dumbo for the second time in my life. The first was when I was a wee babe of about maybe 6-8. Now, kids my age really don't understand the concept of alcohol or intoxication, so when this scene came on, and the mouse and elephant got all silly from drinking the Sprite in the water, and then THIS SHIT HAPPENED LIEK WHOA. Pure nightmare fuel for kids.

Elephant worms with umbrellas that turn into striped elephants with worms for noses and combine to form a plaid conjoined elephant!
Walking evil elephant made only out of angry, multi-coloured elephant heads!
Then his eyes turn into pyramids and a camel-elephant and then a snake! And then a belly-dancing do-not-want elephant.
Dancing, ice-skating and skiing elephants that turn into frozen elephants and then samba elephants who wipe their ass with a lightning bolt!

(Yes, Dumbo is horribly racist, we're not going there)

Oh, dude, I might've been the weirdest kid in the universe but Dumbo was my favorite movie when I was little, mostly because of that scene. PINK ELEPHANTS HOLY SHIT. Seriously, I watched it so much it's a wonder my tape still works.

My sister always ran away wailing when Dumbo went to visit his mother. Lightweight.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:47 am

Sakurelf wrote:

My sister always ran away wailing when Dumbo went to visit his mother. Lightweight.

There are three ways to establish whether a child has a soul or not. Posit one of the the following question(s):
Does the child in question have to cry when:
  • Mufasa tumbled to his death ("DAAAD!") and Simba nuzzles his father's corpse, trying to wake him up;
  • Littlefoot's mother dies protecting her baby;
  • Dumbo visits his mother in her cage and is cradled in her trunk while Baby Mine plays in the background.

If your child remains unaffected by all of this, congratulations! You have sired a devilspawn baby.

Last edited by Jay/Cris on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:21 am

...To be honest, I never found that scene in The Lion King that sad, as much as I loved the movie.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:27 am

Jay/Cris wrote:
Snake Bandage wrote:

There are three ways to establish whether a child has a soul or not. Posit one of the the following question(s):
  • Mufasa tumbled to his death ("DAAAD!") and Simba nuzzles his father's corpse, trying to wake him up;
  • Dumbo visits his mother in her cage and is cradled in her trunk while Baby Mine plays in the background.

If your child remains unaffected by all of this, congratulations! You have sired a devilspawn baby.

I never watched Land Before Time, but I sure did cry when Dumbo visits his mother! Always cry, always. Mufasa's death made me very sad but never made me cry as a child, I'm much more likely to sniffle at it these days.
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:36 am

Just going to leave this here and then quietly depart: The Grand High Witch

Nowadays it does nothing for me, but when I was small...yeah, that was pretty epic.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Lurv wrote:
...To be honest, I never found that scene in The Lion King that sad, as much as I loved the movie.

Ffffff the whole scene around Mufasa's death gets me even now. It's just—Simba trying to push his father up going "Dad, wake up, c'mon dad, you gotta wake up" is the saddest thing ever for me.
Back to top Go down
Dimensia

Dimensia

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 3:04 pm

[quote="Jay/Cris"]
Snake Bandage wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:

I think I am a devilspawn baby, though I have been told that I've got emotional disconnection or something similar. There is definitely something wrong with me.

The only movie that I remember being affected by is "Terrorvision" though I think there was also a scene in "Troll" that involved a swollen black lip that I couldn't watch. The latter is more Squick than Nightmare Fuel though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightmare Fuel
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next