Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nightmare Fuel

Go down 
+63
Dimensia
Adagio
Jay/Cris
Dr. Quinzel
TheIan
Reepicheep-chan
WD40
Sakurelf
Soylent Green
darkangelofglory
Sloth
Sutremaine
EileenK98
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Mary Sue
Raziel the Wise
Snake Bandage
Miss Prince
Lurv
kleine_kat
TokioDizneeland84
Salamas
unskilled78
myeerah
Narwhal
Maximilia
DarthDarthington
Exodia's Right Leg
Penguin
darkling
Lysander
Somath Cegem
Trioculus
T.S.Orr
Q
Miss Misery
Cactus Wren
KJM
Rabid Badger
Deutschtard
Root Admin
Melissa
Zeiss Manifold
Delcat
Mae Bedlam
Runcible_Spoon
Lembech
vade
Mafiosa
Fairlight
Fitchsticks
Mikey Go WOOGA
Dr. Professor Science
Sorsa A. Jänis
ZoZo
Raine
The Unoriginal
Bashful
Spotts1701
KelinciHutan
Lady Anne
Sheba
SokMunkie
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:27 am

Delcat wrote:
This is one of my brain splinter mascots, just ask Zeiss. Here you go, guys, one more.

I just appreciate the gall it took to make a post-apocalyptic kid's film.

You missed one, btw. (ETA: Make that two.)
Also, Felidae kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:40 am

Fairlight wrote:
Alright, you want Nightmare Fuel?

The most terrifying character ever

This was a genuine early 80s British television programme and it's famous for scaring the crap out of every kid who saw it.
It was supposed to be an educational show so presumably the creators didn't think it would be frightening.

Yes, there are fake episodes made by youtubers but this is a real one that was intended to be entertaining and educational.

I just showed this to a few friends. At first I didn't think it was too bad, but the longer you stare at it the worse it becomes.

And then we found the clip of that guy talking about him with the "AND KNIFE YOU" sequence.

I'm not sleeping tonight.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:27 am

Nostalgia Critic did a top 11 of these moments.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He has since decided that maybe the boat scene from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is scarier than the Banshee from Darby O'Gill and the Little People. Personally, I remember wanting to hide when I first saw the Large Marge scene from Pee Wee's big Adventure.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Aaaaand new avatar!
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Oh fuck, I forgot about that Who Framed Roger Rabbit? thing!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Sheba wrote:
Oh fuck, I forgot about that Who Framed Roger Rabbit? thing!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh god the shooooooooooooe.

Why did you remind me.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 5:15 pm

I'm still trying to figure out which X-Files episode with dead, rotting aliens all over the place gave me terrible nightmares when I was seven or so. Still thinking about it freaks me out sometimes. Now that I think about it, Mulder was standing in a massive open alien grave. I don't want to look it up because thinking about it still freaks the everloving shit out of me. Maybe it's because I remember how terrible the nightmares were. It can't be that bad now, can it?

And that was the only thing I've ever watched that gave me nightmares. I'm dead serious.
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Delcat wrote:
Creepiest animated adaptation of A Christmas Carol evar notation (brief) and link

so this one's not animated, but even though it's my favorite adaptation, it's still creepy as shit at points. The entire scene where Marley's telling Scrooge how cursed he is and how much all the ghosts want to help the living now, but they can't? Yeah creepy as shit. Also, the scene about Ignorance and Want. The only link I found to that scene's in color, but it's much better in it's original black and white. (I hate when they color old B&W movies)

The scene's not that bad, but the MUSIC starting at 9:43. Jesus

this. ENTIRE. SCENE. especially the "out-the-window" bit. (out the window starts around 6:40)

Ignorance and Want

ETA: I just realized that Alastair Sim plays Scrooge in that animated version as well, which I'd forgotten. NO WONDER IT'S THE SCARIEST ANIMATED VERSION.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Sheba wrote:

Are you talking about when Judge Dread turns into a toon? Because seriously, I took the boys to see that, and it was a month before I could get them to sleep with the lights off.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:18 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Sheba wrote:

Are you talking about when Judge Dread turns into a toon? Because seriously, I took the boys to see that, and it was a month before I could get them to sleep with the lights off.

Yes!!! that's the one.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:51 pm

Nihilist wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out which X-Files episode with dead, rotting aliens all over the place gave me terrible nightmares when I was seven or so. Still thinking about it freaks me out sometimes. Now that I think about it, Mulder was standing in a massive open alien grave. I don't want to look it up because thinking about it still freaks the everloving shit out of me. Maybe it's because I remember how terrible the nightmares were. It can't be that bad now, can it?

And that was the only thing I've ever watched that gave me nightmares. I'm dead serious.

I remember watching the first episode which involved a monster in the toilet (at least I'm pretty sure that's what it was about). I couldn't go to the bathroom without freaking out for a week.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:43 am

How could I forget? I was four, woke up thirsty at midnight, went to the kitchen and found my father still up watching this.
The part which haunted my dreams starts at 2:00. I remember my father was yelling at me, "Go out of the kitchen, go out of the kitchen," and I just couldn't move or stop watching.

I was very square even then. I had been taught that zombies, vampires, werewolves weren't real and they wouldn't scare me. But I was game with anything remotely plausible, from an airplane crashing onto the house to a full-scale thermonuclear war. The Wizard of Oz terrified me - not because of the witch or the flying monkeys, but because of the twister right at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:34 am

Mafiosa wrote:
Sheba wrote:

Oh god the shooooooooooooe.

Why did you remind me.
That film didn't actually scare me but I cried so hard over that shoe.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Does anyone else think Noseybonk looks somewhat like a Gillian-class Menos from Bleach?
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:34 pm

Zeiss Manifold wrote:
You missed one, btw. (ETA: Make that two.)
Also, Felidae kicks ass.
Thank you, Zeiss, I certainly did. And that's really only scraping the surface of The Brave Little Toaster...
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 12:23 am

Delcat wrote:
Chirin no Suzu (The Ringing Bell) notation and link; Felidae notation and link
Oh who could ever forget Felidae? The most memorable scene being where in Francis's nightmare sequence,
Spoiler:

What an...interesting little movie that was.
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 1:24 am

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Fitchsticks wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
I watched Fantasia at the age of six, and something in it scared me so much I never watched it again. Anyone know what this scene may be?
Betcha it was Night on Bald Mountain. Scared me shitless as a kid anyway.

(ETA: It could have been the dinosaurs too though. In fact a lot of Fantasia is pretty creepy now I think about it.)
I wish that Disney still did stuff like this. That's one of my favourite sequences from any animation.

Who says they don't?
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 8:25 am

Lembech wrote:
Delcat wrote:
Chirin no Suzu (The Ringing Bell) notation and link; Felidae notation and link
Oh who could ever forget Felidae? The most memorable scene being where in Francis's nightmare sequence,
Spoiler:

What an...interesting little movie that was.
What really fucks me over about that scene is how totally removed the dialogue is. Instead of trying to give Mendel (it's Gregor Mendel, not the doctor, for extra WTF-even-though-it-later-makes-sense) scary dialogue, they have him cheerfully talk about his hybrid pea plant experiments. The dissonance makes it feel like an actual nightmare, instead of just a scary scene.

I actually managed to find a copy of the book not long after I watched the movie. It's a little pedantic, although the translation could account for that, and there's one extra nightmare scene in which Kong throws hundreds of kittens against a wall and they splatter horribly. I'm still not sure whether they thought squishy kittens were a bit too much with all the other content or if they just didn't have time.

I found the journal entry of the start of my obsession and sorted a slew of fresh links out of my dead GJ.

Pinocchio and the Emperor of Night: Due to some seriously messed-up memories of a Pinocchio cartoon I have yet to place, I have a minor obsession with collecting and watching as many odd versions of Pinocchio as possible. This isn't the most disturbing I've found, but has some solid creepiness. For your convenience, I believe the best of it is located in parts 1, 5, and 12-14, although I admit it's been a while and I could be forgetting a few bits.

The Peanut Butter Solution: This is one that should be seen to be believed. God knows I wouldn't take me seriously if I told myself three years ago that there was a kids' movie where filthy hobo ghosts give a kid a recipe to grow his hair back, but he screws it up and the hair doesn't stop growing, so a frustrated art teacher kidnaps him and starts a sweatshop filled with children making his excess hair into magic paintbrushes, and also a friend tries to grow pubic hair with the stuff and spends the rest of the movie with hair growing out of his pantlegs, all in a movie aimed at CHILDREN, for God's sake. I would've laughed in my face. Oh, and Celine Dion sings the end theme. You'll notice it's the one selling point on eBay. Unsurprisingly, I originally found this one on GAFF.

Jack and the Beanstalk: Another one I found through GAFF that's just...bizarre. It's mostly just a retelling of the story, but then there's Part 8...

The Mouse and His Child: This is the only movie besides Samson and Sally that I can think of that's uniformly disturbing from beginning to end. However, it also has extremely high artistic merit and there's a point to the darkness. The entire movie is a dark, intellectual journey rife with philosophy and politics, and should be seen to be fully understood. If I were forced to choose just one scene to highlight it, though, it would be the brutal disassembly of the donkey toy. Enslaved by rats to search the junkyard for food and drag it home, but too old and broken to work any longer, he's torn apart in silhouette, screaming for mercy even as his cogs are ripped out. He reappears at the happy ending, sure, but what scene do YOU think is gonna be remembered?

The Fantastic Adventures of Unico: The Fantastic Adventures of Unico is more benign than its sequel, but still features its share of unsettling elements. It’s been awhile since I last watched it, so this list might be incomplete, but notable points include Unico almost drowning and Beezl almost dying trying to save him, the conversion of innocent forest critters into green-eyed agents of destruction via evil glowing acorns, the Baron du Ghost’s transformation into a giant, horrible monster, and his disintegrating lava-death thereafter. That’s what you get for bearing a weird resemblance to Vincent Valentine, good sir. A friend of mine who watched both movies as a kid mentioned that she also found Unico’s family being turned to glass disturbing, and that Unico’s fleshy wings creeped her out. I found Unico’s forced departure from his friends upsetting, but I have issues.
As a side note, don’t eat the drunkberries, Katie. Just say no.

Unico in the Isle of Magic: Good God, this one could easily be a full-page entry. Where to start? The conversion of nearly every man, woman, child, and animal into soulless block creatures by an evil wizard? The death march thereafter into a ship to be taken far, far away and used to build a castle? The evil wizard himself and his freakish spider-mannequin-slug appearance? The giant, screaming, fire-spewing toy dragon? The rocking horse at the end of the universe that can’t dust itself, and has lived a thousand years in bitter solitude? The other rotting, sentient, broken objects surrounding him that hiss in accusing voices about the humans that tossed them away? The protagonists being turned into toys and played with by the wizard in a dreamlike dance number? The Desert of No Return? The cute baby demons crying pitifully for their parents, who have also been made into blocks? The castle being blown up, apparently taking the millions of innocents used as its frame with it? I’m sure I missed something, feel free to add your own. This one needs to be seen to be believed. Thanks again, Sanrio.

Plague Dogs: Plague Dogs is another book by Richard Adams, author of Watership Down, and we all know how well that one went over with kids. Like Watership Down, this movie was meant strictly for adults. Unlike Watership Down, it's actually not disturbing enough. They cut out the majority of the test lab horrors, and downplayed Snitter's brain-damaged delusions. However, the ending is darker--
Spoiler:
Hey, wait, this version is uncut...

And I still have more kicking around...
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:44 pm

That evil clown doll from "Poltergeist". [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl.
Back to top Go down
Q

Q

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 7:34 pm

You people. You don't even begin to understand just how terrible thing can get. If you find these things disturbing, you should see the outer reaches of Tual'vidak. I have seen humans claw their eyes out to avoid having to see any more than a few bare seconds of that place. I spent my last vacation there. Watching them was the most fun I have had in a long time.
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:45 pm

The Fly. That entire movie creeped me the fuck out and I've never seen it since. Especially the scene where he throws up on his food and starts to drink the liquified slush. I now hate flies with a passion because of that movie.

The Nightmare Before Christmas scared me when I was younger and still gives me the creeps kind of.

The Never Ending Story. That dog like thing is just a big bucket of no for me to this day.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 4:20 am

Fitchsticks wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
I watched Fantasia at the age of six, and something in it scared me so much I never watched it again. Anyone know what this scene may be?
YES! That was the culprit.

Just remembered another one! Maybe I was a pathetic child, but there was this one episode of Pingu where his bed got up and walked off with him in it. A giant walrus was making it happen. This disturbed me so much that I used to hide behind the sofa every time I heard the theme tune.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 12:27 pm

It was years before I could stand to watch the Ceti eel scenes in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. It's one of my favorite movies of all time, but I had to cover my eyes the second Khan started to pull those little fuckers out.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 12:53 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Fitchsticks wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
YES! That was the culprit.

Just remembered another one! Maybe I was a pathetic child, but there was this one episode of Pingu where his bed got up and walked off with him in it. A giant walrus was making it happen. This disturbed me so much that I used to hide behind the sofa every time I heard the theme tune.
This reminds me of a little story, tell me if you've heard it.

I'm playing a game, a game which mixed two popular franchises, and after many hours of game play I end up In a place where the darkness itself lives and breeds.

And that music starts up, a dark wind blows and there he is. Chernabog. First reaction. OH SHIT! Second Reaction! REVENGE!!

There is nothing more cathartic than mashing up one of the biggest instigators of your childhood nightmares with a comically oversized key and loving every second of it.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
I'm playing a game, a game which mixed two popular franchises, and after many hours of game play I end up In a place where the darkness itself lives and breeds.
...are...we not allowed to say "Kingdom Hearts" now? Is it like the * in Fatal Frame II?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightmare Fuel
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next