Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nightmare Fuel

Go down 
+63
Dimensia
Adagio
Jay/Cris
Dr. Quinzel
TheIan
Reepicheep-chan
WD40
Sakurelf
Soylent Green
darkangelofglory
Sloth
Sutremaine
EileenK98
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Mary Sue
Raziel the Wise
Snake Bandage
Miss Prince
Lurv
kleine_kat
TokioDizneeland84
Salamas
unskilled78
myeerah
Narwhal
Maximilia
DarthDarthington
Exodia's Right Leg
Penguin
darkling
Lysander
Somath Cegem
Trioculus
T.S.Orr
Q
Miss Misery
Cactus Wren
KJM
Rabid Badger
Deutschtard
Root Admin
Melissa
Zeiss Manifold
Delcat
Mae Bedlam
Runcible_Spoon
Lembech
vade
Mafiosa
Fairlight
Fitchsticks
Mikey Go WOOGA
Dr. Professor Science
Sorsa A. Jänis
ZoZo
Raine
The Unoriginal
Bashful
Spotts1701
KelinciHutan
Lady Anne
Sheba
SokMunkie
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Petronella

Petronella

Nightmare Fuel - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:28 pm

Dr. Quinzel wrote:
There are quite a few scenes in Black Swan that are great Nightmare Fuel. I still remember leaving the theater and thinking how much of a mindfuck it all was, but god was it good.

*epic necropost*

The scene with the hangnail never fails to make me scream.

The bit in The Ring where the woman coughs up an electrode also squicks the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
Beregond5

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:00 am

For me, it would have to be the infamous Chestburster scene. I was about 6, maybe 7, and Alien was playing at prime time. Folks were watching it and I remember the characters laughing and such and then John Hurt being in pain (yeah, yeah, insert lame pun here) and then SWEET JESUS, MARY AND JOSEF WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?! Shocked

And then I saw Spaceballs. I've never taken the original scene seriously after that. XD
Back to top Go down
Petronella

Petronella

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:17 am

Forgot to add this one...
The "pig hands" scene in Rigoletto. For whatever reason, this scene terrified me when I was little. I think it was the voices that did it...
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Petronella wrote:

Seconding that. I almost had to leave the theatre after that scene, it squicked me out so much. Tearing nails/skin is my worst phobia. Probably has something to do with the time I was around 6 or so and wandering through the YMCA by myself, someone swung a door open over the top of my foot and ripped my big toenail off. Not clean off, mind, just so the bottom 3/4 of it stuck straight up in a jagged bloody mess. Then I ran around screaming for the next 10 minutes until I found a rec worker to help. I'm still very careful to never break any of my nails.
Back to top Go down
Petronella

Petronella

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Owlish wrote:
Petronella wrote:

Seconding that. I almost had to leave the theatre after that scene, it squicked me out so much. Tearing nails/skin is my worst phobia. Probably has something to do with the time I was around 6 or so and wandering through the YMCA by myself, someone swung a door open over the top of my foot and ripped my big toenail off. Not clean off, mind, just so the bottom 3/4 of it stuck straight up in a jagged bloody mess. Then I ran around screaming for the next 10 minutes until I found a rec worker to help. I'm still very careful to never break any of my nails.

Oh god. Ouch. D:
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:42 am

Necroposting to link to this article on disturbing kids' movies.

I watched some of these as a kid, and yes, some of them are truly disturbing, like "The Mysterious Stranger" part of The Adventures of Mark Twain. I saw that in high school, and it stuck with me, especially the part about people being of no value. *Shudder*
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
For me, it's a toss-up between the face-melting scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark and the rapid-aging scene from The Last Crusade.
Ditto, for some reason rapid speed aging always... gets me. Take the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen at the end with the dude who looks at his own painting and ages literally two hundred years in the span of about 10 seconds... Yup.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 6 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:24 am

You know what pisses me off?

Sadistic choices.

A Hero is faced with letting their best friend or true love die, or giving up thier life or a MacGuffin. Now, when it's just their life or something that has pure monetary value, I don't mind that. Or maybe it's something big but they've got a plan. That's good too.

But sometimes the villain wants, say, the Chaos Emeralds (for an example) or something else that will help them TAKE OVER THE WORLD. Or they want the Hero's life and the hero KNOWS that they are the only one who can stop them. That sort of thing.

And what does the Hero do? They trade in billions of lives - including family, friends, co-workers, etc - the freedom and happiness of billions of people, for one person's life - even when that person would also end up living in slavery, and even when they don't have a plan and it only comes through thanks to Hero's Luck.

That pisses me off. THAT is being selfish. But it still happens in a lot of stories. The hero is STILL so concerned with their own happiness that they can't make the sacrifice of one person they care about to help the billions they don't know. And yet it's constantly portrayed as being heroic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 6 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Psst. Hey, Harley this is for Nightmare fuel not complaining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Fuel   Nightmare Fuel - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightmare Fuel
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6