Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux

Go down 
+135
ViewSonic
Dixie
Snake Bandage
PendragonGirl
Saleha
knightwithoutacause
Ghost in the Machine
myeerah
Knorg
Yattara
rachel
Beregond5
lemmingwriter
Freezer
Salamas
Mouse
rae
Anon
bleachedblackcat
Nihilist
Howithurts
Kommandar
Rageful Jewel
Quijotesca
William Shakespeare
Owlish
littledorrit
Azzandra
grmblfjx
Electron Blue
4shadowedice4
fapfapfap
GamemasterAnthony
TheHermit
neko mata
Shubby the Lurkette
Notanoni
EricD
TheHedonist
Mugg
CaptainMcNeil
Braigwen
Somath Cegem
Adagio
Max III
Lexin
I_Lam_Edhellen
The Scientist
WD40
Ozymandias
Mr.Doobie
TheIan
Vilecat
pirategrrl
Tungsten Monk
KJM
XLT-100852.0
Lembech
Reidmar
Dr. Quinzel
kleine_kat
Ihdreniel
Reepicheep-chan
Sutremaine
ZoZo
Jay/Cris
Notomys mordax
Twonky
Sheba
Exodia's Right Leg
unskilled78
Lurv
tim gueguen
Deutschtard
Bashful
Dick Powers
Mikey Go WOOGA
gaijinguy
Cactus Wren
Aggie
Trioculus
Malganis
T.S.Orr
Generic Thirteen
Waffles
DarthDarthington
Rabid Badger
saeku
Keith Fraser
Melissa
Lady Anne
Chaltab
theweirdkind
Hot Cancer
Pierre Gringoire
Cyberwulf
Maximilia
Sparrow
Narwhal
Penguin
Alhazred
Sakurelf
Mae Bedlam
KGarrett
EileenK98
Miss Prince
slaughter_all
A_Note_Chaotic
Sisco
Dr. Professor Science
Bast
Bamshalam
fishstickhater
Lapin
Kirby
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Fitchsticks
NastyHobbitses
Drabbler
InkWeaver
Animir
lovedless
Mafiosa
SokMunkie
Spotts1701
Delcat
anangrychocobo
Raine
Mr. Comic Book
Kremlin
Ceres
KelinciHutan
Miraba
Chris91
Lysander
139 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:29 pm

The costume is just fine. If you're a cat burglar trying to sneak around and steal shit undetected, bright colors, flashy designs, and capes are counter productive (on that note, so are six inch heels). The mask is laughable though, the purpose is to hide your identity, not look like over applied eye shadow.

Okay, maybe "just fine" is overstating it, but I fail to see, aside from the heels, what is such a huge deal. You know, besides the fact that comic book Perma-Virgin nerds will NEVER be satisfied unless the script is a word for word remake of their fanfiction.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Nihilist wrote:
So if they're going for a campy Catwoman, shouldn't they be going for a campier Batman in general? I'd prefer Adam West over Christian Bale anyday.
Hell, if we wanna make Batman campy again, let's just hire Joel Schumaker.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:49 pm

TheIan wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
So if they're going for a campy Catwoman, shouldn't they be going for a campier Batman in general? I'd prefer Adam West over Christian Bale anyday.
Hell, if we wanna make Batman campy again, let's just hire Joel Schumaker.

Oh boy, is it Bat-Nipples time again? Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:55 pm

My .02, I think it looks ridiculous. What is it with the thigh-high boots? scratch Yeah, I get that it looks hot (to someone who's never worn them) but they're beyond impractical. When they're that high, it's like...just put on some fucking pants. And anything that goes above the knee is going to seriously restrict movement, no matter what type of fabric it is.

Not to mention that the whole thing is way too tight to even be flattering on her. She looks like an overstuffed sausage. Personally, I like more springiness to my women. The boots plus the restrictive look to the rest of the costume makes me curious to see how well she actually moves in it.

I dunno, from the looks of it this Catwoman isn't going to be "campy," just ogle material for the 15 year old boys in the audience. Or people like Mikey, apparently. Who are fine with a strong woman, as long as they have something to look at while she's talking. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:20 pm

Owlish wrote:
Who are fine with a strong woman, as long as they have something to look at while she's talking.

What else is a strong women good for? Colbert If I wanted something lifted, I'd do it myself call in a man to lift it. If I want something to look good, Anne Hathaway Cool

I suppose you like your strong women to be ugly as fuck to somehow help drive home the point that they're OMG SO STRONG AND INDEPENDENT. They could have split the difference and got Jessica Biel to do it in a tank top or something.

Though now that you mention it, the thigh high boots aren't practical. You'd want it fairly tight, because you don't want it getting caught on shit, or for someone to be able to grab you, but everything about the boots is just going to get in the way.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:16 am

Yeah, I call that on tight clothes. And you don't want long hair either. Or if you do have long hair you want to put it back properly. It's too easy to grab and pull, or catch on stuff.

High heels are hard enough to dance in, let alone fight in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:29 pm

Drabbler wrote:
No way, just the regular thirty-second commercials repulsed me. Of course, that came out yesterday, so the "going to" part no longer applies, and we're on to "0% on Rotten Tomatoes" time.

Best quote on RT = "You may or may not laugh, but at least you'll be closer to death and no better for it."

This movies bring the number of Movies Pauly Shore Has Been In That Came In At 0% to four. World record?
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:01 am

I utterly hate the idea of A Dolphin's Tale, for the same reason I hated the notion behind Fly Away Home: "We've got a truly heartwarming, inspiring story -- a true story about real people who accomplished something. But that's not enough. No, we've got to make it about a CHIIIII-YULLLLLLD. Because you can't call a story truly heartwarming or inspiring unless it's about a CHIIIIIIIIIIII-YULLLLLLLLLLLD. Having a real person lead a flock of orphaned wild geese to their winter nesting grounds in his ultralight aircraft isn't good enough: let's have a CHIIIIIIIIIIIIII-YULLLLLLLLLLLLLLD do it. And the story about engineering a prosthetic tail for a mutilated dolphin just doesn't cut it -- we've got to have the scientist who does it inspired by a CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-YULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD."
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 1:02 pm

You're giving them much credit. The logic for sticking a child in those stories probably doesn't go beyond "Children in general prefer stories about children, so let's stick a kid in there to grab that demographic".
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Cactus Wren wrote:
Having a real person lead a flock of orphaned wild geese to their winter nesting grounds in his ultralight aircraft isn't good enough: let's have a CHIIIIIIIIIIIIII-YULLLLLLLLLLLLLLD do it.
Wait, so children aren't real people? Are they imaginary people? Are we all suffering some mass delusion?
Back to top Go down
Anon
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Anon

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:05 am

Azzandra wrote:
Cactus Wren wrote:
Having a real person lead a flock of orphaned wild geese to their winter nesting grounds in his ultralight aircraft isn't good enough: let's have a CHIIIIIIIIIIIIII-YULLLLLLLLLLLLLLD do it.
Wait, so children aren't real people? Are they imaginary people? Are we all suffering some mass delusion?
I think Cactus Wren means adding a fictional child for the sake of them being there as opposed to keeping it to being about people who actually existed.
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 3:38 am

Exactly. This was a true story and a remarkable accomplishment. Not remarkable enough for Hollywood, though.
Back to top Go down
tim gueguen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:12 pm

So, any thoughts on the new version of The Thing? It's a prequel to the Carpenter film. Given that it was delayed 7 months for reshoots it may have problems.
Back to top Go down
http://timgueguen.blogspot.com
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:24 am

Cactus Wren wrote:
I utterly hate the idea of A Dolphin's Tale, for the same reason I hated the notion behind Fly Away Home: "We've got a truly heartwarming, inspiring story -- a true story about real people who accomplished something. But that's not enough. No, we've got to make it about a CHIIIII-YULLLLLLD. Because you can't call a story truly heartwarming or inspiring unless it's about a CHIIIIIIIIIIII-YULLLLLLLLLLLD. Having a real person lead a flock of orphaned wild geese to their winter nesting grounds in his ultralight aircraft isn't good enough: let's have a CHIIIIIIIIIIIIII-YULLLLLLLLLLLLLLD do it. And the story about engineering a prosthetic tail for a mutilated dolphin just doesn't cut it -- we've got to have the scientist who does it inspired by a CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-YULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:50 am

Cactus Wren wrote:
Exactly. This was a true story and a remarkable accomplishment. Not remarkable enough for Hollywood, though.

Not white enough, either. As an avid Oasis fan, I watched the original documentary about the real dolphin in Japan. Because, hey, innovation is a truly American concept. And have Morgan Freeman in it to just solidify the feel-good glurge.

(Seriously, just watch the original special. It's heartwarming enough without any frills, especially since the dolphin goes through many emotional stages. You can tell when she is depressed, or hurt, or excited with her tail)
Back to top Go down
William Shakespeare
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
William Shakespeare

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:35 am

Sakurelf wrote:
Not white enough, either. As an avid Oasis fan, I watched the original documentary about the real dolphin in Japan. Because, hey, innovation is a truly American concept.

Actually, the movie's based on an American dolphin.

Last edited by William Shakespeare on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : getting mah BBCode right.)
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 3:04 pm

William Shakespeare wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:
Not white enough, either. As an avid Oasis fan, I watched the original documentary about the real dolphin in Japan. Because, hey, innovation is a truly American concept.

Actually, the movie's based on an American dolphin.

Hunh. Apparently there are two bionic dolphins in the world.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The documentary was based on Fuji, who had the same tail fin issue and was solved by prosthetics.
Back to top Go down
William Shakespeare
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
William Shakespeare

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Did anyone speak of the Footloose remake, which has been updated to modern times?
I don't understand how a town now would be able to get away with this without shit hitting the fan on a massive scale. Unless the entire town is controlled by a single cult, there's probably dissidents. In today's internet age, the news would spread and the ACLU would get involved. The blogosphere would catch fire with anti-right wing sentiment and shit.

Also, the movie is supposed to be somewhat of a shot for shot remake with a lot of the character stuff removed and replaced with grinding dance.

Last edited by William Shakespeare on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Oh yeah, the trailer for that plays almost every single damn time I watch something online. I know what I'm not going to see when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:17 pm

Did anyone speak of the Footloose remake, which has been updated to modern times?
I don't understand how a town now would be able to get away with this without shit hitting the fan on a massive scale. Unless the entire town is controlled by a single cult, there's probably dissidents. In today's internet age, the news would spread and the ACLU would get involved. The blogosphere would catch fire with anti-right wing sentiment and shit.

Also, the movie is supposed to be somewhat of a shot for shot remake with a lot of the character stuff removed and replaced with grinding dance.

You're apparently not very familiar with the American Midwest. lol The original Footloose was supposedly based on a true story which took place in the 1980s, so the internet wouldn't play much of a role. And even though it was panned by critics the original Footloose achieved somewhat of a cult classic status. I dunno, I'll reserve judgment on this one until I can actually see it.
Back to top Go down
William Shakespeare
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
William Shakespeare

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:24 pm

Owlish wrote:
You're apparently not very familiar with the American Midwest. lol
And you're not familiar with the Movie. It takes place in Georgia. Razz

Quote :
The original Footloose was supposedly based on a true story.
Note the lack of any refined city slicker to show them how stupid they are

Quote :
And even though it was panned by critics the original Footloose achieved somewhat of a cult classic status.
Yeah, I think "Cult status" and "Liked by critics" are basically mutually exclusive. Unless those critics are the art house kind.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Owlish wrote:
You're apparently not very familiar with the American Midwest. lol
And you're not familiar with the Movie. It takes place in Georgia. Razz

But the story it's supposedly based on, as per the link I posted, takes place in Oklahoma. Of course they take liberties with the story, but it did happen. And I could totally see this happening in Georgia too (no offense to any of you Georgians!)

Quote :

Yeah, I think "Cult status" and "Liked by critics" are basically mutually exclusive. Unless those critics are the art house kind.

...That's what I said, isn't it? lol
Back to top Go down
William Shakespeare
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
William Shakespeare

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Owlish wrote:

Quote :

...That's what I said, isn't it? lol
...Not really? I thought that was me refining your point into my opinion.

And my original point wasn't that it couldn't happen, only that the rest of the nation wouldn't let them get away with it. The IRL example was grandfather clause'd into acceptance, but I doubt a modern law would be seen quite so blase-ly.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:44 pm

IT'S HEEEEERRREE

More unsexy undead sex than you can shake a stick at, followed by the agony of vampire childbirth.

Did this seriously need two parts for this trainwreck? Who do they think they are, fucking Harry Potter
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:49 am

Owlish wrote:
Did this seriously need two parts for this trainwreck? Who do they think they are, fucking Harry Potter
That's a mental image I did not need.
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux   Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies That are Going to Suck: Part Deux
Page 22 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next