Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The furry thread

Go down 
+61
Exodia's Right Leg
Sloth
DDshoeshowz
V3N0M
Sutremaine
Manny
Shisaiga
Spotts1701
Sisco
saeku
Lembech
Root Admin
Seule
Sorsa A. Jänis
InkWeaver
Mikey Go WOOGA
Bamshalam
Malganis
eugenetapdance
Sheba
Rabid Badger
revilnemesis3
Little Egypt
Ceres
KJM
Cadbury Egg
theweirdkind
Zeiss Manifold
Snake Bandage
AngryRobotsInc
Chris91
Melissa
Waffles
Delcat
grmblfjx
Dr. Professor Science
Reepicheep-chan
Lurv
Maximilia
Generic Thirteen
Miss Prince
DeeDee
Chaltab
Cyberwulf
Mae Bedlam
DarthDarthington
Knorg
Lapin
Narwhal
Dick Powers
Psy-4
Penguin
Mafiosa
Lysander
Somath Cegem
Verandering
KGarrett
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Raine
unskilled78
ZoZo
65 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

The furry thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:43 pm

I think he means to say that hypersexualizing animals is wrong.

Frankly, it's not even that which bothers me so much. It's the fucking drama. Harley mentioned Sonic, and that's a perfect example. Sonic isn't about running fast, collecting rings, and exploring anymore, it's a goddamn soap opera with animals (and bestiality in 2k6, which has Sonic and a human falling in love), and that's why the furries love it. Fuck lighthearted fun, we need a BLACK hedgehog with ANGST and a GROWLY VOICE and a PROSTITUTE BAT.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:49 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Gyro's Grillz wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
What do you mean by "furry" now? Do you mean people who label themselves furry, or everyone who draws cartoon animals?

Everyone who thinks their a dragon/unicorn with rainbow wings

Well you're really getting into Otherkin no-:bitchslap:

Isn't a "fursona" really just someone trying to be something that they are not? Hense a dragon/unicorn with rainbow wings.

Quote :
So, as long as they think they're human and only draw anthro animals holding hands or kissing or whatever, you don't think they're like pedophiles now?

Anthro =/= humanoid. The animals characters from Maus, Pokemon, the white rabbit from Alice in wonderland are anthro, this is humanoid. Anthropomorphization =/= turning animals into humans with fur, tails, and ears.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Well, I feel successful either way. Also:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Lysander wrote:
I think he means to say that hypersexualizing animals is wrong.

The point, someone gets it.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:55 pm

Gyro's Grillz wrote:
Knorg wrote:
So... you're only applying this logic to amateur furry artists

Exactly.

Well...that's good, I guess, because I can't really see how something like Garfield, for example, is promoting bestiality. It's just supposed to be funny.

I don't have a big problem with sexualized animals as a whole, really. I think most people can look at a character like Jessica Rabbit, for example, and see that she's designed to look like a sexy woman without thinking, 'Oooh, rabbits are so hot!' There comes a point where they aren't really animals anymore, and the appeal is in the humanity rather than the animal aspects. I think most people get that. Furries, I don't know.

Last edited by DeeDee on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:55 pm

Gyro's Grillz wrote:

Anthro =/= humanoid.
The animals characters from Maus, Pokemon, the white rabbit from Alice in wonderland are anthro, this is humanoid. Anthropomorphization =/= turning animals into humans with fur, tails, and ears.

What a bizarre distinction. Anthropomorphic personification (anthro) simply means giving something without human features human features, the ol' 'pathetic fallacy'. Both of your descriptions are effectively the same! The picture you've linked to, incidently, looks like the many similar characters appearing across mainstream fiction (Thundercats' Cheetara, the latest DC Comics Cheetah, Marvel's Tigra etc) whose wide fan and fanart base surely cannot all be wanting to fuck animals as you seem to suggest.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Well, you've got the people who identify as "furry" and draw sexual anthropomorphic art/wear fursuits in public, which is what Joe Internet thinks of when he sees the word.

Then you've got the people who draw non-sexual anthropomorphic art and also identify as "furry," and complain about being lumped in with the first category and hated on.

Then you got the people who draw non-sexual anthropomorphic art and DO NOT identify as "furry," which conflicts with the second group's definition of furry as all anthropomorphic art/anthro-enthusiasts.

And they all brawl with each other.

Basically it's all very confusing so just point and laugh whenever you see a winged purple wolf and you should be fine.

P.S. -- I think it's kind of wrong to imply that all furry stuff is an outlet for repressed bestiality. The important anatomy is pretty human anyway so idek. All age-play is not an outlet for repressed pedophilia either.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:57 pm

DeeDee wrote:

I don't have a big problem with sexualized animals as a whole, really. I think most people can look at a character like Jessica Rabbit, for example, and see that she's designed to look like a sexy woman without thinking, 'Oooh, rabbits are so hot!'

...Jessica Rabbit isn't a rabbit. Her name's Jessica Rabbit because she's married to Roger Rabbit.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Considering I used to be in the extremely shallow end of the furry fandom, there's a reason why I never ventured in further. It's scary down there.

Also, the furry fandom is seriously full of fail and drama. I've seen less drama from the cosplay community and everyone knows how batshit insane they are.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
DeeDee wrote:

I don't have a big problem with sexualized animals as a whole, really. I think most people can look at a character like Jessica Rabbit, for example, and see that she's designed to look like a sexy woman without thinking, 'Oooh, rabbits are so hot!'

...Jessica Rabbit isn't a rabbit. Her name's Jessica Rabbit because she's married to Roger Rabbit.

You're right. I'm remembering some rabbit, though.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:02 pm

DeeDee wrote:

That one from Space Jam?
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Probably.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:03 pm

DeeDee wrote:

Well...that's good, I guess, because I can't really see how something like Garfield, for example, is promoting bestiality. It's just supposed to be funny.

Garfield's a cat that can "talk". It's not clear if John's insane or not from being lonely his entire life and Garfield being able to talk to him is formed from his own delusions. I just made that up of course, but Garfield would be 100% more funny if that was case.

The girl rabbit from Space Jam was clearly meant to be "sexy". I watched that when I had no idea what a furry was, and asked myself "Why would they believe anyone would find this sexy"?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:09 pm

DeeDee wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
DeeDee wrote:

...Lola Bunny from Space Jam?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

EDIT: Ah, crap, that's what I get for wandering away mid-post to look it up.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:12 pm

Yeah, ain't nothing funnier than mental illness! All this rage and hatred and the surest case of self-hating repressed furrydom I ever did see (you've even got the fursecution persona down! - I've trolled a lot of furries. I know the signs) and finally you come out with something I can agree with. Lonely crazy cat owners make me laugh too, but then I sure ain't politically correct.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:18 pm

Knorg wrote:
Yeah, ain't nothing funnier than mental illness! All this rage and hatred and the surest case of self-hating repressed furrydom I ever did see (you've even got the fursecution persona down! - I've trolled a lot of furries. I know the signs) and finally you come out with something I can agree with. Lonely crazy cat owners make me laugh too, but then I sure ain't politically correct.

Garfield without Garflied are IRL Garfield edits are funny, honestly. They just prove that John's a loon.
Back to top Go down
Generic Thirteen

Generic Thirteen

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Here's six documentaries on furries.

"Anna Meets the Furries" is the only one I've watched...she goes into it with a fairly open mind, then gets steadily freaked out as the episode continues.
Pt. 1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pt. 2 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pt. 3 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Embedding disabled Angry
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Gyro's Grillz wrote:

Garfield without Garflied are IRL Garfield edits are funny, honestly. They just prove that John's a loon.

I'm really not being sarcastic. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cracked me up!
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Knorg wrote:
DarthDarthington wrote:
I'm a part of 'less-savory' communities such as vore,

Okay, you're not allowed to bring anything to the WGW picnic.
Don't you mean, anyone?

Cyberwulf wrote:
I have to get back to my comic and try out all the tips I got on how to improve the artwork back on the House. My real doggie takes up most of my time these days.
Might I suggest "Chip'n'Dale"ing it up? Something about the artwork just pisses me off, and I can't put my finger on it.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:03 pm

I'd just like to point out a Sonic character.

Rouge the Bat.
Come on. How are people NOT supposed to find that sexy? She's a DD cup crammed into a heart-shaped B bra.

And people are NOT supposed to think, "Shit! That's hot!"?
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:

Rouge the Bat.
Come on. How are people NOT supposed to find that sexy? She's a DD cup crammed into a heart-shaped B bra.

She's a CARTOON BAT.

She's a CARTOON BAT.

a CARTOON.

BAT.

WITH A HUGE HEAD AND ANIMOO EYES.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Gyro's Grillz wrote:
DeeDee wrote:

Garfield's a cat that can "talk". It's not clear if John's insane or not from being lonely his entire life and Garfield being able to talk to him is formed from his own delusions. I just made that up of course, but Garfield would be 100% more funny if that was case.

Something like this?

EDIT: DAmmit. Knorg beat me to it. The furry thread - Page 3 309696

Last edited by Maximilia on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:19 pm

No, they're supposed to think, "Shit! You've got a hooker in my Sonic!"
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Rouge the Bat.

Myt general reaction to rouge was "they added a bounce! Why the fuck did they add a bounce!"
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:28 pm

Come on. How are people NOT supposed to find that sexy?

Yeah, that shiny plastic figurine look really does it for me.

Quote :
She's a DD cup crammed into a heart-shaped B bra.

If she actually had a high enough texture resolution to make out any fine details, you would see that she has hairy tits.

HAIRY TITS.

As in, TITS - COVERED IN BODY HAIR.

Hairy gorilla titties. Goddamn. Thanks, but no fuckin' thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The furry thread   The furry thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The furry thread
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next