Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human

Go down 
+26
woodywoo01
fapfapfap
Eeveegou
GamemasterAnthony
Disco Stu
Hot Cancer
V3N0M
Somath Cegem
Reepicheep-chan
Cyberwulf
I_Lam_Edhellen
The Scientist
TheHedonist
Penguin
Just Chipper
rae
Mr.Doobie
SirDixonDongs
Exodia's Right Leg
Reidmar
Lurv
WD40
Sutremaine
grmblfjx
TheIan
ZOOLANDER
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
ViewSonic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
ViewSonic

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:21 am

There's worse stuff on the Encyclopedia Dramatica page. Worse than xerro's German.

Gehe von einer Klippe fallen, du dumme Scheiße-Rühren Idiot.
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 2:39 am

What's that, Google translator? scratch
Back to top Go down
ViewSonic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
ViewSonic

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:29 am

maybe
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:00 am

Why is rühren capitalized and why are you using American idiom to insult someone in German?
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:28 am

In bad German that doesn't make any sense other than it being obviously meant to be an insult. The first bit is correct (although in Germany, you don't tell people to fall off a cliff), but the bit after the comma makes so sense and is a grammatical train-wreck.
Back to top Go down
ViewSonic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
ViewSonic

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:41 am

"you stupid shit-stirring moron"

Sorry about that, guys.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:21 am

ViewSonic wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
what

did you just

what
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:58 pm

ViewSonic wrote:
There's worse stuff on the Encyclopedia Dramatica page. Worse than xerro's German.

Gehe von einer Klippe fallen, du dumme Scheiße-Rühren Idiot.

Starb dich in Feuer.
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:58 am

German a tricky language, and it takes years to master it (I still have my difficulties), but damn, that just fucking hurts.

Xerro, you're not winning any popularity points here, mate. Just stop trolling the poor German language, please.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:11 am

The Scientist wrote:
German a tricky language, and it takes years to master it (I still have my difficulties), but damn, that just fucking hurts.

Xerro, you're not winning any popularity points here, mate. Just stop trolling the poor German language, please.
God, right? My German is awful but it's better than whatever the fuck that was.

Xerro you literally just said 'died you in fire.' I hope that's what you were going for.

Last edited by TheHedonist on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 am

Something like that. I probably should have just gone with "starb in Feuer" or even "starb in ein Feuer", but I've been caught out trying to match English quantitative helpers before and didn't know if that was an acceptable construction or not. I was working on what grmblfjx told me about reflexives ("verpiss dich"). It's technically correct, anyway.

How the fuck am I supposed to get better if I don't practice, you hypocrite?
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:20 am

xerrofoot wrote:
Something like that. I probably should have just gone with "starb in Feuer" or even "starb in ein Feuer", but I've been caught out trying to match English quantitative helpers before and didn't know if that was an acceptable construction or not. I was working on what grmblfjx told me about reflexives ("verpiss dich"). It's technically correct, anyway.

1.) What the FUCK is a 'quantitative helper'? I have actually never heard that term before, and I googled it and all I got was a paper about AIDS drugs. Do you mean preposition? An article?
2.) 'Sterben' is an intransitive verb. Which means that it will never have a direct object. Which means that reflexivity isn't even a little bit involved because verbal reflexivity is when the direct object and the subject are the same thing. Also you somehow managed to fuck up the conjugation of the command form. Congratulations.
3.) Educate yourself.

xerrofoot wrote:
How the fuck am I supposed to get better if I don't practice, you hypocrite?
1.) I'm not saying you shouldn't learn and practice German. I'm saying you shouldn't so publicly and embarrassingly overreach your clearly-rudimentary-if-not-cribbed-from-google-translator skills.
2.) Why, exactly, should I answer this question?
3.) How, exactly, am I a hypocrite?
4.) Do you even know what hypocrite means?
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:57 am

^ This.

Just a note, if anything, it would be "er / sie starb in einem Feuer", meaning "he / she died in a fire". You got to get your cases right (hence the tricky part of German), otherwise it'll simply not mean what you want it to mean. Mistakes like that can get really embarrassing. Trust me. It happens. If you want to tell someone to go die in a fire, it's the imperative mode, i.e. "geh und stirb in einem Feuer", or, in the formal version, "sterben Sie in einem Feuer".

If you want to get better at German, don't try being a smartarse on a message board where most people don't speak it anyway, and the few that do speak it better than you. Ask people if you're unsure. Trying to insult others in fucking horrendous German is not "getting better" at it, it's trying to show off and failing.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:25 am

Should I just start a fucking thread for you people to speak German in to your heart's content?
Much as I appreciate the little German lessons going on, this is getting ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 7:00 am

TheIan wrote:
Should I just start a fucking thread for you people to speak German in to your heart's content?
Much as I appreciate the little German lessons going on, this is getting ridiculous.
Rein it in there, little buddy.  Let's not pretend that Clopper doesn't insist on using borderline-word-salad German to insult people on the regular.  The rest of the conversation was us slapping him down.

And also I can't remember the last time you started a worthwhile thread.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:27 am

TheIan wrote:
oh i'm sorry theian i forgot that this board exists solely to cater to you and your interests and all posts should be made in god's language, english

fuck you
Back to top Go down
ViewSonic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
ViewSonic

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:51 am

If you want to truly appreciate the intricacies of language, then maybe you should try using some capital letters.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:35 pm

ViewSonic wrote:
If you want to truly appreciate the intricacies of language, then maybe you should try using some capital letters.
Is it, like, part of your profession to be completely oblivious?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:50 pm

shh shh dont rain on his parade penguin
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:43 pm

maybe we should just make a rule where the only person who can speak German is Stu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human   My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Human
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8