Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan

Go down 
+16
lemmingwriter
Azzandra
knightwithoutacause
Owlish
Drabbler
Notanoni
karmyn31
Penguin
bleachedblackcat
Spotts1701
Cyberwulf
Ghost in the Machine
Lady Anne
Salamas
cristina_chavia
Rabid Badger
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:12 am

knightwithoutacause wrote:
I see what you are saying; it feels like the same when you are the victim's friend or family. At least it did for me. Perhaps it is a little too fresh for me to take things without emotional reaction. That's why I'm glad that the juries do not react on emotion but rather solid evidence.
You don't honestly believe that, do you? Jurors are human beings, after all. They don't have a switch that turns off emotions when it's convenient.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 am

She can't be tried in criminal court for Caylee's death again. However, she could be tried in civil court for wrongful death, which is what happened to OJ.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:21 am

I see what you are saying; it feels like the same when you are the victim's friend or family. At least it did for me. Perhaps it is a little too fresh for me to take things without emotional reaction. That's why I'm glad that the juries do not react on emotion but rather solid evidence.

They're not supposed to, but lawyers do their absolute best to pick idiots.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Penguin wrote:

It really seems that way. The last time I got called for jury duty, the lawyers dismissed anyone with an advanced degree or any kind of significant post-secondary training (seminary, military, etc). The only folks left were the ones who were either playing stupid or were the genuine article (there were some people who honestly didn't seem to know how they were supposed to answer the question asking for name and occupation). I have never been so happy to be dismissed.
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:14 pm

The last time I had jury duty I was dismissed on the fact that I knew the DPS trooper involved in the case and the assistant DA was a friend of mine. He wasn't working that case, but still, I knew him.
Now I'm pretty much exempt because I'm disabled.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:40 pm

karmyn31 wrote:
The last time I had jury duty I was dismissed on the fact that I knew the DPS trooper involved in the case and the assistant DA was a friend of mine. He wasn't working that case, but still, I knew him.
Now I'm pretty much exempt because I'm disabled.
Do you mean that as in, "I can ask to be exempted because the timetables, commuting etc. are incompatible with my disability" or "I get automatically exempted because people think my disability affects my judgement"?
Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:16 am

It means I'm can be exempted because the disabiltiy makes it difficult to get around, so it's a physical thing. My mental disability normally doesn't affect my judgement. Officially I was only declared disabled on a physical level for SSI.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:45 am

karmyn31 wrote:
It means I'm can be exempted because the disabiltiy makes it difficult to get around, so it's a physical thing. My mental disability normally doesn't affect my judgement. Officially I was only declared disabled on a physical level for SSI.
Okay, thanks. I had thought it was the former but you never know how stupid the authorities can be, what with gays having their driving licence revoked and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:14 am

The Unoriginal wrote:
karmyn31 wrote:
Okay, thanks. I had thought it was the former but you never know how stupid the authorities can be, what with gays having their driving licence revoked and whatnot.
Are you fucking serious? Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
The Unoriginal wrote:
karmyn31 wrote:
Are you fucking serious? Shocked
I wish I wasn't. Lemme search if I can find anything in English.

Link

There's a bit more than just this - something to do with the military trying to get back at ya for dodging draft, in their viewpoint - but basically people who declared being homosexual during the draft medical visit were denied their driving license, years later, after the MoT and the MoD exchanged data. The first one had his licence revoked for "disturbs of the sexual identity" (sic), the second for "severe pathologies that may hinder driving safety".
Back to top Go down
Grunge

Grunge

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Quote :
"She said that I was trying to hurt babies, I was killing babies and she was going to stop it before it happened again,"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 10:10 pm

lemmingwriter wrote:
Penguin wrote:

It really seems that way. The last time I got called for jury duty, the lawyers dismissed anyone with an advanced degree or any kind of significant post-secondary training (seminary, military, etc). The only folks left were the ones who were either playing stupid or were the genuine article (there were some people who honestly didn't seem to know how they were supposed to answer the question asking for name and occupation). I have never been so happy to be dismissed.
James Randi once reprinted a letter he got from a man who was apparently dismissed from jury duty for thinking about a question and answering it accurately and thoughtfully.

(Recounted from memory, with dialogue paraphrased:)

It was a civil case, a "slip-and-fall" suit against a chain store. During voir dire, the members of the jury pool were being asked a list of questions: "Juror number one, have you ever shopped at Blahblahmart? Juror number two, have you ... " The LW was juror number seventeen. Eventually the question came up, "Have you ever just fallen down for no reason?"

"Juror number fifteen, have you ever just fallen down for no reason?"
"Sure."
"Juror number sixteen, have you ever just fallen down for no reason?"
"Yeah, I guess so."
"Juror number seventeen, have you ever just fallen down for no reason?"
"No, I haven't."
"Juror number eightee -- wait. Juror number seventeen, you're saying you've never in your life just fallen down for no reason?"
"Never. I've slipped on a rug, I've stepped on my own shoelaces, I've been falling-down drunk, I've tripped over a cocker spaniel puppy, I've even jumped out of perfectly good airplanes, but every time I've fallen down there was a reason."

Silence. Counsel for the defense and counsel for the prosecution murmured to each other in the middle of the room. They went up to the judge and there was more whispering. Then the judge said, "Juror number seventeen, gather your things and leave. Do not speak to anyone on the way out of the building. Your jury service is concluded."
Back to top Go down
Selenite

Selenite

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 7:25 am

Interesting. An obvious reason this guy would have given is "I was drunk" but he gets the boot for that?

On topic, it's really frightening what can happen when someone decides to take "justice" in their own hands like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2