Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration

Go down 
+19
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Kitbug
SokMunkie
Thanos6
Rageful Jewel
theromangeneral
Lady Anne
Aggie
Snake Bandage
ZoZo
Azzandra
Penguin
Verandering
Narwhal
Lapin
rae
Mikey Go WOOGA
Raine
Malganis
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration Empty
PostSubject: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:26 pm

That's one hell of a realistic decoration.

Quote :
A 75-year-old dead man sat decomposing on his Marina del Rey balcony
for days because neighbors thought the body was part of a Halloween
display and didn’t call police.

Mostafa Mahmoud Zayed had apparently been dead since Monday with a
single gunshot wound to one eye. He was slumped over a chair on the
third-floor balcony of his apartment on Bora Bora Way, said cameraman
Austin Raishbrook, who owns RMG News and was on scene Thursday when
authorities found the body.

Neighbors on the 13900 block of Bora Bora Way told Raishbrook that
they noticed the body Monday “but didn’t bother calling authorities
because it looked like a Halloween dummy," he said.
"The body was
in plain view of the entire apartment complex [and] they all didn’t do
anything,” Raishbrook said. “It’s very strange. It did look unreal, to
be honest.”

Kind of strange that no one took a closer look and recognized him, or thought that the smell was kinda rank, even for a Halloween prop. Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration 203843
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:35 pm

I was just thinking the other day about that woman that hung herself and everyone thought she was a prop too.

I'm just wondering why nobody noticed it slowly decaying, or the smell, or the animals that may have been attracted to it - let alone recognised the guy's face.

Also, do people put up Halloween decorations this early? o_o
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:38 pm

What, I suppose NONE of you smug pricks have made this mistake before? DO YOU THINK THAT MAKES YOU BETTER THAN MIKEY?!?!?! :redangry:
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Raine wrote:
Also, do people put up Halloween decorations this early? o_o

Are you kidding? People have been buying Christmas decorations for two weeks now. Angry
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:39 pm

Decorations go up on October 1st. Get in the holiday spirit Raine.

So, was it murder or suicide this time? Last time with the hanged woman it was suicide.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:04 pm

Lapin wrote:
Decorations go up on October 1st. Get in the holiday spirit Raine.

Considering they start selling Easter Eggs around February now, I shouldn't be so surprised.

But still... lolwut? I didn't really know Halloween was that big a deal.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Raine wrote:
Considering they start selling Easter Eggs around February now, I shouldn't be so surprised.

Dunno how it is in Australia, but in America Halloween has become one of the major holidays for selling candy.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:16 pm

Malganis wrote:
Raine wrote:

Dunno how it is in Australia, but in America Halloween has become one of the major holidays for selling candy.

Basically, Halloween is either a dinner and movie night at someone's house, or a shoddy dress-up event at a pub.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:50 pm

That's totally happened to me before. I tried chatting up this cowboy who was leaning against a building once, but he totally turned out to be a prop.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 4:25 am

If that pictures is of the guy (or supposed to be), how can you mistake that for a prop? There is nothing else Halloweeny around him, and I don't know... Wouldn't there be more fake blood if it was a prop?

Just... Pretty weird.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:43 am

As deaths go, becoming your own Halloween decoration is pretty damn metal.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:02 am

Quote :
"The body was
in plain view of the entire apartment complex [and] they all didn’t do
anything,” Raishbrook said. “It’s very strange. It did look unreal, to
be honest.”

So, if it had been doing something, then it would have looked more realistic? It's a CORPSE, for crying out loud. Does it need to do a little jig for someone to notice?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:05 am

OK, this story leads me to believe that in America it is commonplace to have things that look like rotting corpses on your balcony two weeks before Halloween. Um... why?

All we do in the UK is stock up on sweets so the shitty little chavlings don't egg our houses.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:40 am

When I was in the US last month, my friend took me to a Halloween store. I was completely baffled when she told me it opens for business in the beginning of September each year. Americans are so weird.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:52 pm

It's not unusual to see Christmas decorations out on November 1st.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:14 pm

Aggie wrote:
They arrive in August here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
theromangeneral

theromangeneral

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:23 am

Raine wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Raine wrote:

Basically, Halloween is either a dinner and movie night at someone's house, or a shoddy dress-up event at a pub.

Sounds like my Halloween last year, horror movies and booze. Was enjoyable. I am surprised my department hasn't decided to do a Halloween party this year, every other major social event has been costume.
Back to top Go down
Rageful Jewel

Rageful Jewel

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:42 am

When I first read the thread title, my first thought was this: Didn't Bones do an episode with the same premise, or at least similar? I think it was a Halloween episode where one body was found in a maze made out of hay bales and had been dead for a year. Later on in the episode, another body was found in a funhouse and that person was dead for 2 years.

Penguin wrote:
As deaths go, becoming your own Halloween decoration is pretty damn metal.
Bones actually had an episode where the body of a black metal band member was used as stage prop for live shows.

Well, at least I now know that the more bizarre scenarios on Bones can actually occur in real life. Though I don't know whether that's a good thing or not.
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:43 am

Rageful Jewel wrote:
When I first read the thread title, my first thought was this: Didn't Bones do an episode with the same premise, or at least similar? I think it was a Halloween episode where one body was found in a maze made out of hay bales and had been dead for a year. Later on in the episode, another body was found in a funhouse and that person was dead for 2 years.

Based on a real story: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rageful Jewel

Rageful Jewel

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:32 am

Thanos6 wrote:
Rageful Jewel wrote:

I had forgotten about that guy. I remember seeing the episode of Wild West Tech featuring him a long time ago. Darn, now I want to see that episode again, but alas, that's not possible.
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:25 am

Rageful Jewel wrote:
Thanos6 wrote:
Rageful Jewel wrote:

I had forgotten about that guy. I remember seeing the episode of Wild West Tech featuring him a long time ago. Darn, now I want to see that episode again, but alas, that's not possible.

I think there's a Forensic Files about him too.
Back to top Go down
SokMunkie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
SokMunkie

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:14 am

Thanos6 wrote:
Rageful Jewel wrote:
Thanos6 wrote:
Rageful Jewel wrote:

I think there's a Forensic Files about him too.
And an episode of HBO's Autopsy
Back to top Go down
Kitbug
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kitbug

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:31 am

Lady Anne wrote:
Aggie wrote:
They arrive in August here.

The hardware store I used to work at had a seasonal section that was Lawn & Gardening in the summer and Christmas in the winter. They started pulling L&G stuff to put out Christmas stuff on my birthday. Which is exactly six months from Christmas eve. I was appalled.

Also, doesn't this Halloween decoration body thing happen every year? I swear I've read similar stories for years.
Back to top Go down
http://kitbug.livejournal.com
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:51 am

Shit.

My personal comment to this discussion that, shit, it's not gonna be easy to carry out post-mortem and autopsy stuff when he's been dead for a week. A lot of evidence and stuff will be hard to define.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 1:57 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Shit.

My personal comment to this discussion that, shit, it's not gonna be easy to carry out post-mortem and autopsy stuff when he's been dead for a week. A lot of evidence and stuff will be hard to define.

And also, the health hazard of having a corpse laying around.

Now I have to wonder, what kind of people think having a fake body as a decoration is a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration   Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead guy mistaken for Halloween decoration
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next