Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan

Go down 
+16
lemmingwriter
Azzandra
knightwithoutacause
Owlish
Drabbler
Notanoni
karmyn31
Penguin
bleachedblackcat
Spotts1701
Cyberwulf
Ghost in the Machine
Lady Anne
Salamas
cristina_chavia
Rabid Badger
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan Empty
PostSubject: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:28 am

Choutea Clerk Mistaken for Casey Anthony

Quote :
An Oklahoma woman believes outrage over the Florida murder case almost cost her her life. The 26-year-old says a crazed woman tried to kill her because the woman thought she was Casey Anthony.

It happened in Chouteau last Friday night, July 8, 2011, just days after the Casey Anthony verdict.

Sammay Blackwell hopes she never hears this again:

"You look like Casey Anthony, I'm like 'okay,'" she said.

Blackwell doesn't think it's funny after what happened last week.

Frankly, I don't see any resemblance between the two of them. On the other hand, I'm not high on drugs.

Quote :
Blackwell works at a convenience store in Chouteau and said Shireen Nalley came in that night around 10 p.m. and looked strange, very suspicious, then left after buying gas.

"I just couldn't keep my eyes off of her," she said.

Sammay got off work at 10:30 that night and walked out to her car, which was parked on the other side of the building, and got inside.

"Began to back out and looked and I could tell she was staring directly at me; I could almost see the whites of her eyes," she recalled.

"I proceeded to pull out of the parking lot, and she was right behind me," Sammay said.

Blackwell drove a few miles and says Nalley suddenly rammed her van into the back of Blackwell's truck.

"I said, 'Oh my God, help me,'" Blackwell told News On 6.

She then pulled into a parking lot to get away.

"She hit me again, causing my vehicle to flip two and a half times, landing on the driver's side, and I just laid there playing dead," she said.

Smart woman

Quote :
Blackwell's mother says she'll never forget her daughter's reaction.

"I got to her, she was crying, she was shaking, she says, 'Mama, this lady thinks I'm Casey Anthony and she tried to kill me," her mother said.

Police chased Nalley for a while and finally arrested her for assault and battery with a deadly weapon. Nalley told police she was "trying to save the children."
"She said that I was trying to hurt babies, I was killing babies and she was going to stop it before it happened again," Blackwell recalled. "She could have taken me away from my family, my daughter."

Blackwell's daughter is also named Caylee -- the only thing Sammay said she has in common with Casey Anthony.

"I don't look that much like her, so what about people who actually do look like her and live closer to Florida, instead of Oklahoma, what's going to happen to those people?" she said.

Nalley is in the Mayes County Jail on complaints of assault and battery with a deadly weapon, leaving the scene of a vehicle collision, resisting arrest and reckless driving. She is being held on a $25,000 bond.

Police say Nalley seemed to be on drugs when they arrested her.

See attached mug shot. Either on drugs or three sheets to the wind.

This is what happens when people are judged guilty in the Court of Public Opinion. She could have been killed, or severely injured, because someone who watched the overage on TV decided she looked like a woman who was found not guilty.
Back to top Go down
cristina_chavia
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
cristina_chavia

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:02 am

Flipping heck.

I think the guilt or otherwise of Casey Anthony is probably best discussed somewhere else.

I'm slightly worried that this could become a common "defence". It's a high profile enough name that some people (admitedly crazy people) would see it as justified and it would probably count some way towards an insanity plea.

That poor woman. If someone wants to do something like that to someone they don't know, mistaken identity or not, then they have severe issues.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:35 am

That poor woman, I'm glad she was able to think clearly enough to play dead, because otherwise there'd be a dead body instead.

And the nutcase who tried to kill her is just crazy on another level. Yaayyy nutcases trying to take revenge into their own hands, against the wrong person. There's also been some guy whose name is Casey Anthony who's been receiving death threats on FB and via phone. The kicker , he's a 43 year old black man. The world is full of crazies who apparently can't tell the difference between a person with the same name (even when they're the opposite gender) and a vague look-a-like.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:23 am

To add insult to injury, there's this:

Quote :
Blackwell also says she's struggling with Nalley's car insurance right now and claims the company won't cover the damage if Nalley hit her on purpose.
WTF?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Ghost in the Machine
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ghost in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:00 am

Lady Anne wrote:
To add insult to injury, there's this:

Quote :
Blackwell also says she's struggling with Nalley's car insurance right now and claims the company won't cover the damage if Nalley hit her on purpose.
WTF?!
No, that's standard practice. Insurance is supposed to protect against accidents, not intentional acts. If the allegations are true, then Nalley is personally responsible for all damages. I hope Blackwell has uninsured/underinsured coverage, which normally does provide coverage against criminal acts by others.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:58 am

What, you don't have Third Party, Fire and Theft in the US? disregard that, I misunderstood what Third Party meant. (I have Comprehensive cover.)
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:04 am

Some people have just lost their damn minds - as if Casey Anthony is not going to change her entire appearance and move to some god-forsaken rock to keep the whack-jobs out there (like this one, apparently) from deciding to carry out ".357 justice" on her.

I really hope they throw the book at this one - there needs to be an example made that street justice (especially based upon mistaken identity) will not be tolerated.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:16 pm

You want to know the sad part about all this for me? I'm thinking "Why did she/various people flip out over this murder? There have been far, far wrose things done to kids. Why don't you go after those people?" I think I've been on here too long.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:26 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
You want to know the sad part about all this for me? I'm thinking "Why did she/various people flip out over this murder? There have been far, far wrose things done to kids. Why don't you go after those people?" I think I've been on here too long.

Nancy Grace.
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:19 pm

So the fact that Casey Anthony was still in jail at the time of the attack mean nothing to crazy attacker?
Right, that damn Earth Logic.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Penguin wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:

Nancy Grace.

Thank you, Penguin. While there have been other child murders far more cruel, they weren't surrounded by the 'Kill the Whore' atmosphere that Casey Anthony's was. And they didn't have someone like Nancy Grace basically urging the general public to 'take justice into their own hands.'

Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 2:44 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Thank you, Penguin. While there have been other child murders far more cruel, they weren't surrounded by the 'Kill the Whore' atmosphere that Casey Anthony's was. And they didn't have someone like Nancy Grace basically urging the general public to 'take justice into their own hands.'

Yeah, fighting that sentiment is a lot like trying to hold back a tidal wave - you just end up all wet.

And of course, now they want to pass "Caylee's Law" to make it a felony if you don't report your child missing within 48 hours. Because nothing could possibly go wrong with a law like that, yessir...
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 2:49 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

Yeah, fighting that sentiment is a lot like trying to hold back a tidal wave - you just end up all wet.

And of course, now they want to pass "Caylee's Law" to make it a felony if you don't report your child missing within 48 hours. Because nothing could possibly go wrong with a law like that, yessir...
Yeah...like what if you don't know your child's missing? What if you have shared custody and the other parent loses track of the child and doesn't say anything? Is it still your fault? What if the child is on a school-sponsored trip and disappears, and you aren't told or can't be reached? What if a guy doesn't know he has a child, the child disappears, and his fatherhood is subsequently revealed? Is he going to be in trouble? What if a child says they're going one place and decides not to go there (common enough with teens) and doesn't return when they said they would? That could be more than 48 hours after they said they were going somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Notanoni
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Notanoni

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

Yeah...like what if you don't know your child's missing? What if you have shared custody and the other parent loses track of the child and doesn't say anything? Is it still your fault? What if the child is on a school-sponsored trip and disappears, and you aren't told or can't be reached? What if a guy doesn't know he has a child, the child disappears, and his fatherhood is subsequently revealed? Is he going to be in trouble? What if a child says they're going one place and decides not to go there (common enough with teens) and doesn't return when they said they would? That could be more than 48 hours after they said they were going somewhere.

Wasn't there one of these laws that was going to make it one hour?

*too lazy to look*
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 7:17 pm

The one I heard was 24 hours for a missing child, one hour if a child dies (say, in a household accident).
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:00 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Penguin wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:

Nancy Grace.

Can you even call this murder "cruel"? They still don't know how exactly Caylee died, so there's nothing particularly cruel or out of the ordinary, other than a child being dead. Really, half the stuff posted on this forum is far more cruel and sickening than this case. I think Nancy Grace was definitely a big part of it, but I don't think her raving would have had such an effect if it weren't for all the other shit going on in the US right now. Americans are incredibly anxious, with another economic crisis looming and reality sinking in that average citizens are basically powerless in the political process, and people are looking for a target. Casey Anthony fits the bill perfectly. She was a young single mom, the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, and she could be packaged all too easily into the wanton female stereotype. There's a real sense of injustice in the US right now, and Casey Anthony is the perfect scapegoat.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 am

Owlish wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Penguin wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:

Nancy Grace.

Can you even call this murder "cruel"? They still don't know how exactly Caylee died, so there's nothing particularly cruel or out of the ordinary, other than a child being dead. Really, half the stuff posted on this forum is far more cruel and sickening than this case. I think Nancy Grace was definitely a big part of it, but I don't think her raving would have had such an effect if it weren't for all the other shit going on in the US right now. Americans are incredibly anxious, with another economic crisis looming and reality sinking in that average citizens are basically powerless in the political process, and people are looking for a target. Casey Anthony fits the bill perfectly. She was a young single mom, the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, and she could be packaged all too easily into the wanton female stereotype. There's a real sense of injustice in the US right now, and Casey Anthony is the perfect scapegoat.
Sadly, I think you may be right.
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:42 pm

Good Morning America and all the other news shows are talking about 'Where is Casey Anthony?'.
You know what? I don't give a fuck where she is. She got off, did her time, and now she's out. Leave the damn bitch alone. She's crazy. If she does something criminal again, then that would be news. Otherwise, leave the fucking psycho bitch alone. Karma will get her, one way or another. Look at OJ.
Back to top Go down
knightwithoutacause
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
knightwithoutacause

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 5:10 pm

A friend of mine was murdered last year, so I can understand a strong desire for vengeance. I do not, however, advocate vigilantes. The court rules based upon evidence rather than upon emotion. They found her innocent, so there is nothing more one can do besides let it go. It won't bring the child back to life, and giving her extra coverage wastes time that could be spent on genuinely important stories like other missing children and people.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:32 pm

knightwithoutacause wrote:
A friend of mine was murdered last year, so I can understand a strong desire for vengeance. I do not, however, advocate vigilantes. The court rules based upon evidence rather than upon emotion. They found her innocent, so there is nothing more one can do besides let it go. It won't bring the child back to life, and giving her extra coverage wastes time that could be spent on genuinely important stories like other missing children and people.
And the budget talks. And the News of the World hacking scandal.
Back to top Go down
knightwithoutacause
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
knightwithoutacause

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Precisely. I was just thinking of missing people since there is still a search going on here for a missing young woman.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:40 pm

knightwithoutacause wrote:
They found her innocent, so there is nothing more one can do besides let it go.

I really don't want to be pedantic, but this particular thing is a pet peeve of mine.

The jury did not find her innocent. They found her not guilty. There is a world of difference between the two.
Back to top Go down
knightwithoutacause
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
knightwithoutacause

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Forgive me for not being as wise in the ways of law, but isn't it the same since she cannot be tried again for the same offense? She is not guilty therefore is innocent of the major crimes she for which she was indicted, at least according to court law as far as I, the undereducated, know.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:40 pm

No, what a "not guilty" verdict means is simply that the state did not prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that she was guilty. She may in fact be guilty of the crimes which she was accused of, but the state could not make the case.

That's why we don't render judgments of "innocent" in courts - it is a much broader term that covers more than just the legal aspect that a trial determines.
Back to top Go down
knightwithoutacause
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
knightwithoutacause

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:26 am

I see what you are saying; it feels like the same when you are the victim's friend or family. At least it did for me. Perhaps it is a little too fresh for me to take things without emotional reaction. That's why I'm glad that the juries do not react on emotion but rather solid evidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan   Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan Empty

Back to top Go down

Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next