Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something Weird Happened to Me Today

Go down 
+83
Eeveegou
KelinciHutan
spork
TheIan
Cyberwulf
Mikey Go WOOGA
rae
Disco Stu
oracle
Kevin M
Shisaiga
I_Lam_Edhellen
the asylum
Reidmar
myeerah
TheHedonist
Chris91
knightwithoutacause
CaptainMcNeil
karmyn31
Nihilist
Hawaiian Shirt
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
bleachedblackcat
Owlish
Pierre Gringoire
Kommandar
The Unoriginal
John Marston
4shadowedice4
Quijotesca
Rabid Badger
KJM
Lapin
Spotts1701
Lembech
Saleha
InkWeaver
Dr. Quinzel
WD40
Nonsense Words
EricD
Somath Cegem
lemmingwriter
Lurv
Reepicheep-chan
Sakurelf
beepchoc
Kirby
Miss Misery
Aggie
Azzandra
Jesus.
Ratchetmon
Tungsten Monk
Lexin
theweirdkind
GamemasterAnthony
Sarin
NichoMas
Sutremaine
grmblfjx
Salamas
Fairlight
Sheba
Miss Prince
Snake Bandage
Mr.Doobie
dracowaltztard
moonpie
Maximilia
Blooferlady
Mafiosa
gaijinguy
Vilecat
Penguin
Seule
ZoZo
XLT-100852.0
SlyChild
Lady Anne
Braigwen
EileenK98
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Ratchetmon wrote:
I just realized that taking a dump feels similar to popping a zit.

You must be hideous.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:49 am

I had an Inception-style dream within a dream this morning. In related news, the Yugioh GX manga seems to love Jossing all of my fanfics (it's related because a character from the manga appeared in the dream).
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:00 am

Yesterday just before work I had to pick up a few things. Now...before that, I was pondering an idea for an article to send to The Escapist called "The Seven Deadly Sins of MMORPGs". However, that's where things got weird. Here I was thinking of something with that title, and the total of the purchases I made...

...was $6.66.

Should I be afraid?
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 3:33 pm

GamemasterAnthony wrote:
*snerk* Crap...I should've wrote that out differently. Thanks for the giggle, Penguin!

Anyways...last night I got PWNed...by a FORTUNE COOKIE! You know how you can usually add the words "in bed" to any fortune cookie fortune and it will usually end up making the fortune sound a bit slanted? My fortune was...

"You will have a good night's sleep."

It was as if the comapny that made the forutne cookies knew about that "in bed" thing and added that forutne to mess with people who do that! I feel robbed...

I prefer adding the suffix 'except in bed' myself. Makes things even funnier.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 3:47 pm

GamemasterAnthony wrote:
Yesterday just before work I had to pick up a few things. Now...before that, I was pondering an idea for an article to send to The Escapist called "The Seven Deadly Sins of MMORPGs". However, that's where things got weird. Here I was thinking of something with that title, and the total of the purchases I made...

...was $6.66.

Should I be afraid?

I had to give a poor shmuck back $6.66 in change once.

Its like handing someone their doom.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Jesus. wrote:
GamemasterAnthony wrote:

...was $6.66.

Should I be afraid?

I had to give a poor shmuck back $6.66 in change once.

Its like handing someone their doom.

I had that happen three times in one day. T'was interesting.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:09 pm

I'm gassy. But not normal gassy, I'm cholecystectomy gassy. They had to pump carbon dioxide into my abdomen for my surgery and it hasn't all evaporated quite yet, so I constantly feel like air bubbles are popping right under my diaphragm and around my stomach. And they make me burp a lot too.

It's not a bad thing because it doesn't hurt anymore and is part of a healthy healing process, apparently, but damn, it's like someone is popping bubble wrap in my belly.
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks to some truly bizarre Twitter conversation, I'm now writing a bondage smutfic where two characters roleplay as Dante and the condemned Pope Nicholas III in the Inferno.

The weirdest part? It really, really works.
Back to top Go down
beepchoc

beepchoc

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 2:58 am

I woke up from a weird dream about 5 in the morning, turned around and saw an oldish or possibly middle aged man glaring at me from the side of the bed.
Almost wet myself I was that scared.
Jumped under the duvet, turned the tv on and shook my boyfriend awake.
I'm in a constant state of fear now.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:53 pm

I just installed the Pandora app on my new iPod touch. I typed in "Maroon 5", and almost every song that's come up so far is one I've heard at work.

Now I know where the store gets their music.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:48 pm

I accidentally gave myself a tattoo. My fountain pen with an incredibly sharp nib and fresh ink on it rolled off my desk and hit my hand* as I was picking up my eraser from the floor. The result is a tiny black mark that won't go away. How do I know this?

I've done it before. :<

EDIT: and by "hit my hand" I mean "stabbed ink into several upper layers of skin." Hence the tattoo bit.

Last edited by Sakurelf on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:41 am

I just had a moment. You may find it familiar if you see a high profile movie that has just come out. I don't want to give away which one because it's still an indirect spoiler :/

Anywho, this friend of mine I was partying with on NYE bumped into me when I was heading out of work. He's really sincerely upset, saying that apparently, I just left him in the bed alone and just because we were both kinda drunk (neither one of us was entirely wasted, or at least I don't think so) doesn't mean I can treat it like it was nothing, he thought we were friends, yada yada. Like, he was pissed and I could swear I thought he was gonna cry.

When I told him I in fact had no sex that night with anyone and I had stayed over my friend's house and he'd gone home, at first he didn't believe me, but then I guess he realized I was right and he ran off with the biggest tomato face ever. and he has not answered any of my texts since. And I kind of feel bad, but I don't want to call him, because he was really upset when I saw him today. I'm hoping that it was just a dream or something and that he didn't have sex with someone else and think it was me or something. I mean, there aren't that many short curly haired overweight chinless mulattos around, so I don't really know.

But it was weird. And I feel terrible.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Sakurelf wrote:
How do I know this?

Haha, I have broken off tips of pencils under my skin by sitting on them/ rolling on them. 3 times, I think. They are not in easy to see spot (ie, my huge hind-end) so I do not know if the marks are still there, but they certainy were there for years.

RE: Jesus

I do not recall you being chinless or overweight. I mean, I guess it depends on your definition of overweight, but you just looked cutely plump to me in the last photo I saw of you.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:
How do I know this?

Haha, I have broken off tips of pencils under my skin by sitting on them/ rolling on them. 3 times, I think. They are not in easy to see spot (ie, my huge hind-end) so I do not know if the marks are still there, but they certainy were there for years.

RE: Jesus

I do not recall you being chinless or overweight. I mean, I guess it depends on your definition of overweight, but you just looked cutely plump to me in the last photo I saw of you.
Well, I'm not chin-chan chinless, it's just recessed. I have pics somewhere to show what i mean.

But anyway, I got a texts back from some of my friends that I partied with on NYE. Apparently he didnt go home with anyone else, so I guess he dreamed it? He's still not answering me though. :/
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:18 pm

While out walking the dog I saw a tall, skinny black figure with tendrily arms beside a sapling tree planted at the end of the street.

It turned out to be a scarf snagged on the tree. But hot damn from a distance it looked very Slendery.
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
While out walking the dog I saw a tall, skinny black figure with tendrily arms beside a sapling tree planted at the end of the street.

It turned out to be a scarf snagged on the tree. But hot damn from a distance it looked very Slendery.
Maybe the scarf was Masky's. Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 588739
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Some kid on DeviantArt linked me to another Deviant's blog. Turns out it's some weirdo I blocked about a year ago because he posted on my wall practically demanding that I draw him something or other for free, and thought saying "it's me!" when I asked him who the hell is he and why do I owe him anything would make me change my position. He posted a "memorial post" to the people who have blocked him (not a lot of others, oddly enough) and asked those who read the blog to contact the people who blocked him, practically begging us to unblock him so we could "discuss things" or whatever and he'd commission us for DA points or something.

Well, DA points are pointless, the kid annoyed me too much the first time, and he's very much a junior conspiracy theorist, and I don't like those. Seriously, believing the world will end in 2012 and the Illuminati and aliens and the Antichrist being a reptilian shapeshifter and shit like that... I'm tempted to post him up in Websites, but he's not rage-inducing like the other stuff in that forum and maybe all those conspiracy theories are totally mundane in comparison to other stuff. Except for the part where he's mixing Spongebob with Illuminati, that's kind of weirder than usual.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:23 am

So back in December I got accepted for a conference on popular and American culture. This is the third year in a row I've gotten in, and I'm looking forward to presenting a paper that's (hopefully) breaking new ground in studying new religious groups in the US.

I got an email this morning from the religion area chair, the person who is kind of the gatekeeper for our topic area: he accepts or rejects submissions, he makes sure we're all informed about registration and logistics, and he chairs the individual sessions.

Along with passing along my registration information, he also told me he's not going to be there this year. He's put me down as panel chair for my session.

Shocked

I mean, all I really have to do is keep things organized and running on time, make sure the panelists get introduced, and keep commenters from killing each other. But still. I'm a grad student. And I'm supposed to be the authority in the room?

So yes. Decidedly weird. It's not bad (hey, another line on the CV!), but I don't know that it's entirely good (I have to be organized beyond just getting myself onsite in one piece, no small feat if previous years are any indication).
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 2:00 pm

I attended a lecture in a train station and a meeting on Twitter. Both went beautifully, I think.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:38 pm

I was serving a customer today and at the end he randomly burst out that I was really beautiful.

Er, what am I supposed to make of that?
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:43 pm

It might be that he's just offering a random compliment. I try to compliment someone on something every day; it's nice to see someone smile. Smile
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:41 am

I have started caring about campus politics.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:19 am

Salamas wrote:

It can be a good thing or a bad thing. What part of campus politics do you care about?
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:46 pm

lemmingwriter wrote:
Salamas wrote:

It can be a good thing or a bad thing. What part of campus politics do you care about?

Currently the student council elections. I blog for the student newspaper and it's a guy I know, who would do a great job, against a commerce student in a frat (both groups are great at turning up to vote for their own), who knows just about nothing, running for president. And the current president who is a massive douche, who has done more harm to the student body than good has thrown a couple of thousand into helping the other candidate, all because he hates the guy who would do the better job. Results come out Saturday.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:13 am

Salamas wrote:
lemmingwriter wrote:
Salamas wrote:

Currently the student council elections. I blog for the student newspaper and it's a guy I know, who would do a great job, against a commerce student in a frat (both groups are great at turning up to vote for their own), who knows just about nothing, running for president. And the current president who is a massive douche, who has done more harm to the student body than good has thrown a couple of thousand into helping the other candidate, all because he hates the guy who would do the better job. Results come out Saturday.

Having one qualified candidate in the race is a step up, from what I've seen. Usually it's two or three massive douches, all equally qualified to be totally incompetent and ineffective leaders, running against each other.

One year, the leading candidates campaigned on a platform that essentially blamed the commuter students for everything from low campus spirit to low voter turnouts to global warming to why we don't have a football team. At a commuter school. Seriously, fewer than 200-300 students actually live on campus out of a total student body of roughly 36,000 and you're going to make statements like that?

Then the candidates (successful or not) bitched and moaned about how so few students turned out to vote. Gee, you piss off the voters and wonder why they essentially told you and the process to fuck off?

I hope your friend wins, because schools need more qualified people in student government (and fewer sellouts who trade student advocacy for kissing the university president's wrinkly old ass).

...damn, I'm bitter. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Something Weird Happened to Me Today
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next