Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something Weird Happened to Me Today

Go down 
+83
Eeveegou
KelinciHutan
spork
TheIan
Cyberwulf
Mikey Go WOOGA
rae
Disco Stu
oracle
Kevin M
Shisaiga
I_Lam_Edhellen
the asylum
Reidmar
myeerah
TheHedonist
Chris91
knightwithoutacause
CaptainMcNeil
karmyn31
Nihilist
Hawaiian Shirt
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
bleachedblackcat
Owlish
Pierre Gringoire
Kommandar
The Unoriginal
John Marston
4shadowedice4
Quijotesca
Rabid Badger
KJM
Lapin
Spotts1701
Lembech
Saleha
InkWeaver
Dr. Quinzel
WD40
Nonsense Words
EricD
Somath Cegem
lemmingwriter
Lurv
Reepicheep-chan
Sakurelf
beepchoc
Kirby
Miss Misery
Aggie
Azzandra
Jesus.
Ratchetmon
Tungsten Monk
Lexin
theweirdkind
GamemasterAnthony
Sarin
NichoMas
Sutremaine
grmblfjx
Salamas
Fairlight
Sheba
Miss Prince
Snake Bandage
Mr.Doobie
dracowaltztard
moonpie
Maximilia
Blooferlady
Mafiosa
gaijinguy
Vilecat
Penguin
Seule
ZoZo
XLT-100852.0
SlyChild
Lady Anne
Braigwen
EileenK98
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:27 pm

lemmingwriter wrote:
Salamas wrote:
lemmingwriter wrote:
Salamas wrote:
I have started caring about campus politics.

It can be a good thing or a bad thing. What part of campus politics do you care about?

Currently the student council elections. I blog for the student newspaper and it's a guy I know, who would do a great job, against a commerce student in a frat (both groups are great at turning up to vote for their own), who knows just about nothing, running for president. And the current president who is a massive douche, who has done more harm to the student body than good has thrown a couple of thousand into helping the other candidate, all because he hates the guy who would do the better job. Results come out Saturday.

Having one qualified candidate in the race is a step up, from what I've seen. Usually it's two or three massive douches, all equally qualified to be totally incompetent and ineffective leaders, running against each other.

One year, the leading candidates campaigned on a platform that essentially blamed the commuter students for everything from low campus spirit to low voter turnouts to global warming to why we don't have a football team. At a commuter school. Seriously, fewer than 200-300 students actually live on campus out of a total student body of roughly 36,000 and you're going to make statements like that?

Then the candidates (successful or not) bitched and moaned about how so few students turned out to vote. Gee, you piss off the voters and wonder why they essentially told you and the process to fuck off?

I hope your friend wins, because schools need more qualified people in student government (and fewer sellouts who trade student advocacy for kissing the university president's wrinkly old ass).

...damn, I'm bitter. Razz

J is definitely a very, very qualified candidate, the problem is douche pres has thrown so much money into supporting M, the candidate who knows jackshit. Our campus is largely commuter too, out of 46,000 maybe a couple thousand live on campus. This year our voting is all online, no paper ballots whatsoever. I've tried to help J by campaigning for him (which mean I'm not allowed to blog until Tuesday now), but I'm terrible at approaching strangers, but I have been dropping off fliers in places where people have laptops out, but speaking to people and saying to vote, I start feeling nauseous.
24 hours to go...

Elections were no fun this year... Last year we had an awesome joke candidate. Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 309696
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:22 am

For the fifth time in the last few months, a guy walked up to me and handed me a piece of paper saying "Let me fall in love with you! Be unique! Be different!" and a phone number. Now, I don't know if I have a stalker or if it's some guy spamming every girl he passes on the street, but it's starting to get annoying.
Back to top Go down
Kirby
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Today when I was on the bus, there was a skanky-looking woman seemingly having a long, rather personal phone conversation with a friend. Thing was, her cell phone was closed and on her lap the whole time. O.o
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Azzandra wrote:
For the fifth time in the last few months, a guy walked up to me and handed me a piece of paper saying "Let me fall in love with you! Be unique! Be different!" and a phone number. Now, I don't know if I have a stalker or if it's some guy spamming every girl he passes on the street, but it's starting to get annoying.

Wait wait. Same guy every time? damn that's creepy.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:32 pm

I just got lectured by a 16-year-old on how to act on the Internet. And she kept calling me "kid". And she also said "now I get why you're such a dick, no one loves you".

Banhammered. That is such a lie, plenty of people like me. Colbert
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:06 pm

O.o Where the hell WERE you, Snake?
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:08 pm

DeviantArt. I suppose that explains everything.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:02 am

That really, really does. e_e There are reasons I avoid that site like the plague it is. Sixteen year old girls are one of them.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:30 am

I usually tolerate the sixteen-year-old brats well enough, the loving stroking of my bruised ego more than makes up for it 99% of the time. This is the 1%. Seriously, though, if no one wants to fave an "a**hole", as the kid claimed I am, then why did I get about 100 faves just yesterday?
Back to top Go down
EricD
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
EricD

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Today, one of my friends asked about my future career plans.

"Surely you don't plan to be an auditor for RGIS Inventory all your life?" she said.

"Well, actually, I'm in the process of joining the Army right now. They'll pay for my education and I can become an officer, which is a good job" I replied.

"Oh. What are you going to do in the Army?" she asked.

"Infantry, or Armour" I answered.

"You better not die!" she told me. "If you die, I'll kill you!"

Back to top Go down
Nonsense Words

Nonsense Words

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:49 pm

I am pretty short, but most people are polite enough not to comment on such things. Today, however, a ridiculously tall man walked up to me, patted me on the head, and said "How's it going tiny?"

He didn't say anything else and he just strolled off. Shocked
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:58 pm

This actually happened yesterday. I was at work, came in, and hung my coat up as usual. Then after my break, I went back to put something in my coat . . .
I couldn't find it.
There was another one there, the same color, that kind of looked like mine, and I thought that someone must have taken mine by mistake. Hopefully, the other coat would be the same size as mine, or close to it, and I could wear it home and the other person would bring mine back the next day.

End of the day, I go in to have a closer look at the coat.
Hmm, same size as mine. Same brand, too. Wait a minute, it's missing the top snap just like mine . . .
This is my coat.

In my defense, I'd only had the coat a week and a half, so I'm still getting used to it (the one I had before was black).
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Nihilist wrote:
A mentally ill homeless person at the bus stop this morning told me I followed the Dark Lord.

So I'mma Death Eater now?

I have a wand I can loan you. But unfortunately the scarf I have is a Gryffindor scarf. So no Slytherin for you.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:22 am

Nihilist wrote:
So I'mma Death Eater now?

I don't know. Are you gonna Death Eater?
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:28 am

I found out a guy I know participated in the second season of the Israeli version of Beauty and the Geek.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Today, in one of my classes, we were having a discussion about violent revolution and where the place of violence is in revolution. In this class, I met the two scariest hippies I have ever met.

It all began when both of them started talking about how they wish violence didn't have to happen, and that if everyone just thought differently (ie: like them) there would be no need for violence in the world. They proceeded to say that not only could this happen, but this would happen, eventually.

Of course, I'm skeptical of such Utopian ideas, so I began to question them. Than I got to one question, "what about all the people who don't think like you? What happens to them?"

Quote :
Well I think it is obvious that anyone who thinks differently is mentally ill, or just plain evil. I would think that in the future such people would have to be institutionalized until they were cured.

We continued our back and forth, until one of them said...

Quote :
I don't think anyone ever needs to be violent or cause pain ever. It's just not right. I think in the future, there should be only one law, that you should never cause pain to anyone ever. Even if someone gives you permission to punch them in the face, that person is obviously mentally ill and you shouldn't feed into their fantasies.

I mentioned that my girlfriend and I were sadomasochists, and I wondered how this law would be applied to us. The girl who said the above had no idea what sadomasochism was, so I explained it to her. She looked horrified and said...

Quote :
Well that's why you disagree with us. You and your girlfriend are obviously very mentally disturbed people, and I pity you. It must feel horrible to have to inflict pain on people all the time. I would suggest you see a counselor. In the future, you would probably also be put in a home until you were treated and you learned better, because you're a very scary individual.

I was caught in this weird place between raging and laughing my ass off.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:21 pm

That's a pretty classic totalitarian attitude. "My idea is perfect and will fix everything: Agree with me or else. Anyone who disagrees or would otherwise make my plan fail needs to be herded into camps, er, institutionalized. Yeah. That'd fix everything!"
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:18 pm

WD40 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thread won.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:55 am

I checked an email account today that I don't often look at and I still have five unread PM notifications from GAFF. That felt weird. :/
Back to top Go down
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Doug AKA the Nostalgia Critic passed by our donut stand this morning. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:30 pm

Dr. Quinzel wrote:

Did you laugh and say, "Hey, it's Doug Funny?"
Back to top Go down
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Did you laugh and say, "Hey, it's Doug Funny?"
Haha, no, but my friend said that if he had bought any donuts, I should've asked if he'd like to use his Bat credit card.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:27 am

Dr. Quinzel wrote:

And you DIDN'T shit yourself silly? You have more self-restraint than I would've had in a similar situation.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:45 am

Yeah, I don't know what I would've done, but it would not have included remaining calm or seeming like a sane person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Something Weird Happened to Me Today
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next