Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why, God why were these songs recorded

Go down 
+75
grmblfjx
Reidmar
Howithurts
William Shakespeare
Kommandar
CaptainMcNeil
littledorrit
Owlish
Mr. Comic Book
TheIan
Alhazred
Khajidu
Sutremaine
Jesus.
XLT-100852.0
Miss Misery
mluckw
SirDixonDongs
SlyChild
Raine
The Alien from Uranus
Mikey Go WOOGA
Rabid Badger
Lady Anne
Thanos6
Mr.Doobie
Mafiosa
Mary Sue
Twonky
dariamorgendorffer
Sparrow
Psy-4
Scamps
vade
T.S.Orr
Grimley Fieendish
Wandering Critic
Mae Bedlam
Tungsten Monk
Hot Cancer
SokMunkie
Kevin M
Chris91
Waffles
Foxfire
agent_squeaks
Dr. Professor Science
DarthDarthington
EileenK98
Penguin
Loki
Seule
The Unoriginal
Toe Tap
Delcat
quamp
Electron Blue
Verandering
Reepicheep-chan
Lapin
anangrychocobo
DeeDee
Melissa
Narwhal
Jay/Cris
A_Note_Chaotic
NastyHobbitses
theweirdkind
Salamas
ZoZo
lovedless
Inciter
Solitia
InkWeaver
Bad Luck Charm
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:18 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
Boy bands come and go. The only reason you hear so much about this one is that one of them dated Taylor Swift.

I heard their "music" before one of them dated Taylor Swift. And I still hated it.

TheIan, yeah, I seem to remember something similar. But the name escapes me at the moment too. Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 367135
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:42 am

Bad Luck Charm wrote:
TheIan, yeah, I seem to remember something similar. But the name escapes me at the moment too. Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 367135
Oh good. For a moment, I thought I was the only one who remembered that. So I'm not losing my mind...
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:34 am

Penguin wrote:
"Your crippling self-esteem issues make you hot, don't ever change. also I'm totally not a predator"
*gigglesnort* Sounds like a perfect match for Taylor "she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts" Swift, yeah?
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:52 am

I actually don't despise One Direction, mostly because some of their songs on the radio are annoyingly catchy. (Also, if I were sixteen, I'd be in love with all five of them, gawky and poofy-haired they may be. Well, except maybe the blond one.) I have to admit, most of the fun is trying to figure out if it's just one single voice singing these voices, or if they actually switch it around. (Hint: they usually don't.)

So, in the vein of being a good sport, I tried listening to an entire album. I deeply regret it. I had no idea that it was possible to produce that many songs that all sound the exact same.

In other news, they have one dude who is half-Pakistani and who posted a picture of his family celebrating the end of Ramadam. He was immediately accused of pushing the Jihad on teenage girls.

Debbie Schlussel wrote:
With the boy band One Direction, it’s all about pimping Islam amid the deceptive visage of angelic, effeminate boys in a band.

Yup, for them there is definitely One Direction: facing Mecca.

On the other end of the spectrum, several imam have come out and said that the dude is a bad muslim because he smokes. I imagine that's all a lot of fun when you're not yet twenty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:13 am

Jay/Cris wrote:
I had no idea that it was possible to produce that many songs that all sound the exact same.
So what you are saying is that boy bands have not changed.

I agree though, there is nothing more offensive about these guys than any other one of these identical groups that have been around since... well at least the 90s, but probably earlier. The songs are blandly catchy and not painful to listen to on the radio from time to time, but they would drive me nuts if I had to listen to them over and over. I suppose that might be a dissapointment to people who thought the boy-band thing was dead, but I find it a little less worrisome than the lazer-focused attention Justine Beiber was getting from the pre-teen girl demographic.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Quote :
I agree though, there is nothing more offensive about these guys than any other one of these identical groups that have been around since... well at least the 90s, but probably earlier.

I dunno, I've only heard "What Makes You Beautiful" so I guess I can't make a very good evaluation of the group on a whole, but that song does actually seem worse than say, "I Want it That Way". Not only is the chorus just awful, the musical backing felt overstuffed and cluttered. It sounded surprisingly amateurish for a boy band. Like, the bridge and the drum machine roll before and after each chorus seem out of place to me. But that could easily just be because when I was a youngin' pop RnB was the thing that all boy bands did, so I kind of expect that from boy bands, and not a more Katy Perry-ish kinda club thing...

EDIT
Quote :

In other news, they have one dude who is half-Pakistani and who posted a picture of his family celebrating the end of Ramadam. He was immediately accused of pushing the Jihad on teenage girls.

I looked it up, and she's also very upset that a HISPANIC "republican" likes Tupac. He has to be a bad candidate. Tupac wrote a beef song about Notorious B.I.G. Debbie Schlussel quoted it! Clearly this makes Marco Rubio incompetent!

Deb must rep East Side...
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:29 pm

All this talk of boy bands has me humming this:

Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Quote :
With the boy band One Direction, it’s all about pimping Islam amid the deceptive visage of angelic, effeminate boys in a band.

Yes, because when I think of Achmed and The Jihad, I think of girly homosexuals singing shitty, lowest common 13 year old girl denominator pop songs.

Cyberwulf wrote:
Cyberwulf's video

>Toshi singing in English

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT?!
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Like, the bridge and the drum machine roll before and after each chorus seem out of place to me.
It has been too long since I relistened to the stuff that was around when I was in Jr. High so I am only compairing them to vauge memories tbh. You would probably know more than me. (also I think I have heard 2 maybe 3 of their songs so yeah)

Maybe I should fire up a boy band station on Pandora and get my ~nostalgia~ on.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Not to mention, The Backstreet Boys were totally all cuter than One Direction. And that's REALLY what matters when we're talking about tween idols.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:02 pm

My youngest sister had a shrine to Hanson. I still don't understand the appeal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Well, Hanson are interesting. Out of all those tweeny bands from the 90's, I think Hanson felt the most authentic. I might be wrong, but I believe they actually wrote all their own songs and they really did play their instruments. And they're still going on a more underground circuit, and I can't help but appreciate their tenacity and genuine love of music.

And they're still absolutely adorable.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:03 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:
And that's REALLY what matters when we're talking about tween idols.
True.

Mr.Doobie wrote:
I believe they actually wrote all their own songs and they really did play their instruments.
I think I heard that as well. I was never a huge fan, but I never really got the hate. I can respect the fact that they are still making music, for sure.

I spent most of my Jr. High school years certain they would get a sitcom though. I mean their lives seem like a set-up for a tweeny sitcom like on the Disney Channel or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why, God why were these songs recorded   Why, God why were these songs recorded - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why, God why were these songs recorded
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9