Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!

Go down 
+52
Kari Izumi
Toastuh
The Unoriginal
Aggie
Dick Powers
Lady Anne
Chris91
Reepicheep-chan
SirDixonDongs
ZoZo
Absolutely Lulzy
myeerah
karmyn31
Cyberwulf
EileenK98
rae
Grimley Fieendish
szaleniec
knightwithoutacause
Mr.Doobie
Adagio
Ghost in the Machine
Jesus.
theweirdkind
Fairlight
TheHedonist
Seule
Garry
Carrion Crawler
Jay/Cris
Somath Cegem
Blooferlady
grmblfjx
Lapin
spoonhead75
Verandering
Rabid Badger
Saleha
Miss Prince
Malganis
Spotts1701
Mikey Go WOOGA
Keith Fraser
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Chaltab
InkWeaver
DarthDarthington
Goat
Mafiosa
Penguin
the asylum
bleachedblackcat
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:03 am

Ghost in the Machine wrote:
Yes, she wasn't listed in the graduation program at the new school, but was that due to malice of the folks at the new place, or was it simply that the program had already been printed before she transferred?

The way the article is worded leads me to believe the latter. The original school all but forcing her out led to the sucky graduation, but I do not think it was a matter of further discrimination on the part of the new school. I could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 6:28 pm

The original school at the center of this mess has cut a deal to avoid a lawsuit.

Quote :
A rural school district that canceled its prom rather than allow a lesbian student to attend with her girlfriend has agreed to pay $35,000 to settle a discrimination lawsuit the ACLU filed on her behalf.

The district also agreed to follow a non-discrimination policy as part of the settlement, though it argues such a policy was already in place.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Quote :
The district also agreed to follow a non-discrimination policy as part of the settlement, though it argues such a policy was already in place.

LOL
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 6:53 pm

Quote :

Couldn't have been a terribly effective policy then, could it? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Quote :
O rly?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Quote :
"[We] will picket the graduation of Itawamba Agricultural High School to remind the parents, teachers and students of this nation that God said 'Thou shall not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination,'" the group declared.

Wait, wait...

Quote :
'Thou shall not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination,'" the group declared.

Is the WBC aware that the quote is a whole lot less damning when you tell a lesbian not to lie with "mankind, as with womankind"? A lesbian? A woman who likes to have sex with other women?
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Lapin wrote:
Quote :
"[We] will picket the graduation of Itawamba Agricultural High School to remind the parents, teachers and students of this nation that God said 'Thou shall not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination,'" the group declared.

Wait, wait...

Quote :
'Thou shall not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination,'" the group declared.

Is the WBC aware that the quote is a whole lot less damning when you tell a lesbian not to lie with "mankind, as with womankind"? A lesbian? A woman who likes to have sex with other women?
Lesbianisn isn't even mentioned in the bible as a sin. ('cause it's not sex unless a penis is involved hurr)
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:53 pm

No, the real hurr option is that even religious pricks approve of lesbians.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
No, the real hurr option is that even religious pricks approve of lesbians.
Unless they happen to run this school.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:07 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
The original school at the center of this mess has cut a deal to avoid a lawsuit.

Quote :
A rural school district that canceled its prom rather than allow a lesbian student to attend with her girlfriend has agreed to pay $35,000 to settle a discrimination lawsuit the ACLU filed on her behalf.

You know, they could've saved themselves a whole lotta money, considering what they probably spent to move the 'real' prom to a secret location and stage the 'fake' prom for this girl and her girlfriend if they'd just let them attend the regular prom in the first place.

And if such a policy was already in place, then why all the lying and sneaking around behind the girl's back?
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:33 am

Because they were being petty and childish. I still want to hear what kinds of trouble they get in for the other kids who got shunted off to fake prom.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:14 am

Unless those kids and their families get up and say something about it, probably nothing.
Back to top Go down
VenusRain

VenusRain

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:53 am

Quote :

I think the bolded part explains everything.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Personally, I'm waiting to see how the school will further continue to fuck around in this mess. I don't think they've quite gotten the idea yet.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Drabbler wrote:
Because they were being petty and childish. I still want to hear what kinds of trouble they get in for the other kids who got shunted off to fake prom.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that most of the other kids sent to the 'fake prom' were either mentally handicapped, chronic trouble makers or kids that were 'unpopular." Because if you've already made a massive miscalculation, you might as well just throw out the baby with the bath water.
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Actually, it was that first group that I was talking about, though it may've smaller than I'd thought from before. Apparently only about five other kids were at the fake prom, two of whom were from special education classes. Had they directed all the special ed students to the fake prom, the potential firestorm of charges would've been a sight to behold. Just two out of however many, there's too much weasel room.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Anne Coulter, being assholish as usual:

Quote :
And of course there are all the lesbians shutting down high school
proms across the country because they can't take their girlfriends to
the dance as the Founding Fathers intended.

Is it a lesbian epidemic? Rolling Eyes I'm imagining rampaging, insane lesbians breaking into high school proms across America and vomiting their gheyness everywhere onto the poor innocent heterosexuals, thereby infecting them with teh ghey. Kinda like in 28 Days Later.

Quote :
This year's graduating class at Itawamba Agricultural High School in
rural Mississippi will never have a school senior prom
OH NOOOOOES BAAAAWWW THE WITTLE SPOILED BABEEZ DIDN'T GET WHAT THEY WANTED
...I mean, it certainly couldn't have been because of their own attitudes, could it have been?
Quote :
because the ACLU
brought a lawsuit on behalf of Constance McMillen demanding that she be
allowed to bring her girlfriend and wear a tuxedo.
How dare she bring someone who means something to her? I mean, the nerve!
Just... shut up, Ann. I'm beginning to think I should bring back my old icon of her shitting out her mouth again.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Malganis wrote:
Just... shut up, Ann. I'm beginning to think I should bring back my old icon of her shitting out her mouth again.
Ann Coulter is a real life troll; she says shit like this solely to get attention (see also: the Westboro Baptist Church). If people ignore her bullshit, she'll eventually fade away. Eventually. Just for you, though, how about an antidote? Al Franken pwns Ann Coulter.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Who gives a shit?
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Certainly no one posting a reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!   Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanna bring your girlfriend to prom? Let's cancel it!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6