Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

True Blood!

Go down 
+34
Malganis
kelly
TheHedonist
SirDixonDongs
Braigwen
InkWeaver
Sheba
Kremlin
Deutschtard
kleine_kat
Dr. Professor Science
Mikey Go WOOGA
Waffles
unskilled78
VB
T.S.Orr
Lembech
Snoof
DeeDee
rae
KelinciHutan
ZoZo
Chocho
LeeLee
The Unoriginal
I_Lam_Edhellen
Lapin
Freezer
myeerah
theweirdkind
Trivia
Miraba
Maximilia
Narwhal
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Chocho

True Blood! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:59 pm

ZoZo wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:
Well, I'm all catched up, but now I have to wait until tomorrow to find out what happens next.

:redangry:

Darn you people! Wink I would have escaped being addicted if it weren't for this forum.
Hey, spare a thought for us rightponders. We have to wait till Monday to beg, borrow or steal it. Byperfectlylegalmeansofcourse.

I have to say, it was the forum that sold me on it, too. A few of my friends watched it, but appearing here in our Antidotes section was what persuaded me to give it a try.

This. I haven't been this eager for new episodes since the heights of my America's Next Top Model obsession.

I am not sold on Godric but that might be because I am not the greatest fan of the actor. If I find myself less than pleased with the other characters, I usually blame the writing. With Godric, though, I mostly see "pretty pretty teenager" and not "2000-year-old, world-weary vampire".

I hope the Maryann story line will be wrapped up soon, I am sick of it. In my fantasies, Sookie comes home, pissed off about something and then goes all Buffy on her ass. I am quite annoyed that Tara (who I wasn't a huge fan of last season anyway) let her into a house that was not hers, along with her posse.
Back to top Go down
LeeLee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
LeeLee

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:48 pm

I couldn't watch them eating that hunter's stew. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Maryann is cheating, if that helps, with her influence over Tara. She's using some kind of whammy on Tara. (I hope Eggs dies though)

I love how well-rounded Jason became. Don't talk about his sister.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Yeah, and didn't Maryann make Tara's friends lash out at her when Tara wouldn't let Maryann's posse move in, to make Tara more agreeable? But yeah, I wish Tara would kick Maryann's ass to the curb.

I don't mind Eggs, exactly, but he's a bit naive. It's hard to tell how much of it is Maryann doing her magic on him and how much is just naivety.

Was it ever revealed why Maryann hates Sam so much? I know there was the thing with him stealing from her, but she doesn't seem to give a damn about that. I've yet to figure that out, but I did miss an episode a couple weeks back.
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:08 pm

The only thing I hate about the show is the way Allan Ball has changed it with Lorena from the books. We aren't suppose to hate the viking Ball we're suppose to hate Bill Compton.
Back to top Go down
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:17 pm

I've only seen the first two episodes (we're Netflixing it). So far I love Lafayette and Tara, and think Sookie can go jump off a fucking cliff. She is easily the most annoying character I've encountered in a long time. Bill is boring, hope he gets better.
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:26 pm

I know right. Me, my mom, and my dad all hate her so damn much. I can tolerate her in the books but on the show it's like just fucking die already you whining bitch.

This is how I got my folks hooked: I found out a year before the show was being made that there was going to be a show and I started freaking out about it. I'm a huge fan of the books. I started telling my folks about it a few months before it premiered and they were like "I'm not going to watch that."

I ended up forcing them to watch and now they're hooked like crack addicts. My dad drops whatever he's doing at 8pm to rush home and watch it lol! My sister DVRs it and I've even gotten my aunt and uncle hooked. Now my mom is reading the books.

It was so damn hard not to tell who the killer was in the first season and now my dad and uncle are trying to bribe me to tell them about this season and the next.

Oh my GOD I just realized that next week is
Spoiler:
I wonder if Ball is
Spoiler:
Dear God I hope so. That scene was completely cum worthy in the books.

ETA: I hate ALL of the accents except Sam's, Eric's, and Layfayette's. The others are just too damn Hollywood Southern for my likings. We do not sound like that!
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:53 pm

T.S.Orr wrote:
I wonder if Ball is
Spoiler:
Dear God I hope so.
What I read that as. Dear God I hope so indeed. *high fives*
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:07 pm

Chocho wrote:

I hope the Maryann story line will be wrapped up soon, I am sick of it. In my fantasies, Sookie comes home, pissed off about something and then goes all Buffy on her ass. I am quite annoyed that Tara (who I wasn't a huge fan of last season anyway) let her into a house that was not hers, along with her posse.

In the book:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Chocho

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:00 am

I haven't read the books and I probably won't for quite some time (sez my bank account). Crying or Very sad

[edit]

Curse you, Amazon UK, and your cheap prices!

Last edited by Chocho on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:05 am

[:lolinsane:]
Spoiler:
[/:lolinsane:]
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:49 pm

If we don't get to see Eric in pink lycra I will be heartbroken.

EDIT: Aaaaaand here they come, just as I predicted. Godric/Eric shippers. God fucking damnit.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:25 pm

In their defense, Eric did say that he and his male maker had slept together in the books. But his maker wasn't Godric. Honestly though, that's where the show made an improvement. Eric's maker is nameless and never mentioned beyond one time, the only information given that he was a Roman soldier.

Having Godric be his maker kind of tied the two loose ends together.

I adored Eric's little "aw shucks" act in the church. It was hilarious.

@Narwhal: Oh, I would be on the floor.
@T.S. Orr: I would love it too. Oh yay for being a puddle on the floor.
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:14 am

Mmmmm Eric in pink lyrca would be a fucking GODsend. I can't wait til tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Chocho

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:17 am

So, Cleolinda has recapped the first seven episodes. It's not as funny as other entries of hers, but still good. And they're not as long as Jacob's on TWOP.
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:33 pm

OH MY GOD. It happened! YUM
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:30 pm

OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS EPISODE WAS EPIC. HOLY SHIT.

And OMG, E/S, holy shit, you know what I'm even more excited about than the effects it will have on the plot? I'm fucking psyched for those clips being able to be used in fan videos!

THERE. I SAID IT.

I said it.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 pm

Have you read the books Narwhal? If you do, you know what season I'm looking forward to. I'd have to wait for the 4th season, but damn would it be worth it.

Plus their little "healing" in book three.
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:39 pm

Dude 4th season and beyond will be so amazing. Especially, coming up to the most recent books. *turns into a big puddle of goo* I think i'm going to read the books again.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:01 pm

4th season will slay me, omg, I can practically taste it.

They had mad chemistry,
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:09 pm

Naked Eric. I can die happy now.
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:11 pm

The beginning of this episode was so hilarious. Eric's sitting back in bliss while Sookie's sucking out the silver bullets (I was quietly hoping she'd go lower on him for even moar lulz). Quite the 'tard that woman is.

NO GODRIC, NOOO. :unskilled78:
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Omg, Jason/Sookie crying together, MOTHERFUCKIN LAFAYETTE, and omg raise the roof for Hoyt! And the Godric/Sookie scene was so beautiful, and when Eric cried I was like, "This is it, best scene ever."
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Yes, this episode indeed rocked hard. I cried at the end. Hardly knew the character, but the actor portrayed him with such... grace.

And naked Eric. Sorry. I'm still dwelling on that. XD
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:08 pm

I cried like a baby at the end of the episode. Hell, I cried when I read the part in the book even though
Spoiler:

This episoode was beautiful. I can't believe there's only 3 episodes left in the season. Nooooo!

I love the songs from the credits. I tend to download them lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Blood!   True Blood! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

True Blood!
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next