Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Twilight: The Death of Feminism

Go down 
+116
Merrrrrr
Drabbler
mluckw
WD40
alexis
PendragonGirl
Lurv
Adagio
kelley28
Aggie
Kirby
theromangeneral
SirDixonDongs
Raine
Xervexagon
DarthDarthington
KeyserSoze
Jesus.
Reidmar
TheHedonist
Kitbug
Yorokobi
Glen
Shingzyl
Mr.Doobie
Spooky
Sarin
Sheba
Cyberwulf
Sutremaine
Obskeree
Mikey Go WOOGA
Jay/Cris
frostflowers
Bamshalam
Knight
Nevvy
Mafiosa
Anon_Lurker
Little Egypt
Exodia's Right Leg
Braigwen
kleine_kat
Reepicheep-chan
Spotts1701
Snoof
Notomys mordax
Mr. Comic Book
Yattara
Dr. Professor Science
Q
Kevin M
Jocelyn
EileenK98
Princess Muse
Manny
Tungsten Monk
grmblfjx
moonyprof
Cactus Wren
Waffles
The Unoriginal
InkWeaver
I_Lam_Edhellen
Chaltab
gaijinguy
KGarrett
Avari
Dick Powers
Penguin
Seule
Mae Bedlam
DaiLinn
Miss Prince
Psy-4
Saleha
Tillian
szaleniec
unskilled78
bad_idea_bear
ZoZo
NastyHobbitses
Ceres
SokMunkie
Blooferlady
Fairlight
Pixi
fishstickhater
Snake Bandage
Deutschtard
Chris91
VB
Somath Cegem
KelinciHutan
anangrychocobo
Keith Fraser
Narwhal
Anathema
Verandering
Lexin
Salamas
Inciter
Sparrow
Root Admin
theweirdkind
Solitia
rae
DeeDee
Lapin
Nurvingiel
Rabid Badger
Maximilia
myeerah
Trioculus
Miss Misery
Lysander
120 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:25 am

EileenK98 wrote:
It's possible to make Twilight worse?

Indeed, but I think the suggestion of swapping the vampires for Nazis might qualify. Imagine if teenage girls the world over were getting excited about genocidal megalomaniacs instead of chauvinistic stalkers...also, sparkly Nazis. SPARKLY NAZIS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 7:11 am

Keith Fraser wrote:
A thread was recently started at the alternatehistory.org forums with the premise: how could Twilight be made worse? Someone introduced the concept of various things from the Warhammer 40K universe vs. the Twilight vampires, so I threw together the following:

Imperial Communique 1337-47-666-BBQ
Action Report: Exploration and Liberation of "Meyer's World"

snip awesomeness

I would read this story, I'm sure many other people would too.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:40 am

Jesus. wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
I actually got into an argument with that girl on Twilight Sucks about that. IIRC, I pissed off a mod and lost all of my karma [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. That's when I stopped posting.
ETAA: Found where I came in on that thread. It still makes me rage.

Allow me to come out of lurking to 🐴

That is insanely revolting. In effect, the prank... *could* have been funny IF the family was not involved, and they didnt actually rip up her book, instead just painted the crap on her wall with easily washable paint.

however, it was not funny. It was not biblical. It was cruel. Now she's getting forced into therapy and confession and actually thinks shes crazy? And she's an alcoholic to boot. How funny. how terribly lulz worthy.

I am honestly sick to my stomach. That's revolting.

...And interestingly enough, reminds me of Equus. :spock:

Fucking disgraceful. That anon on the first page was right.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:38 pm

The email for the link-phobic:
Spoiler:
A Twitard accuses Universal of ripping off the Wolfman from SMeyer
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:41 pm

rae wrote:
The email for the link-phobic:
Spoiler:

A Twitard accuses Universal of ripping off the Wolfman from SMeyer

What makes this idiot think a silver bullet wouldn't kill a Werewolf? Clearly she knows nothing about Werewolves, so I'd figure she'd assume shooting one with ANYTHING would kill it as much as it would a Husky.

And, besides New Moon, what makes her think a Werewolf would look just like a wolf? If that were the case, it'd be called a WOLF YOU FUCKING BITCHCUNTWHOREAGFSBLSER!!!1! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:57 pm

For what it's worth I've always thought werewolves were cooler (and creepier) when they just looked like eerily large, extra-menacing wolves instead of bipedal whosawhatsits.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:22 am

Okay, I could believe that email was genuine, except for the line where she mocks the idea of a silver bullet killing a werewolf. Obvious troll is obvious.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:41 am

DarthDarthington wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
I actually got into an argument with that girl on Twilight Sucks about that. IIRC, I pissed off a mod and lost all of my karma [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. That's when I stopped posting.
ETAA: Found where I came in on that thread. It still makes me rage.

Allow me to come out of lurking to 🐴

That is insanely revolting. In effect, the prank... *could* have been funny IF the family was not involved, and they didnt actually rip up her book, instead just painted the crap on her wall with easily washable paint.

however, it was not funny. It was not biblical. It was cruel. Now she's getting forced into therapy and confession and actually thinks shes crazy? And she's an alcoholic to boot. How funny. how terribly lulz worthy.

I am honestly sick to my stomach. That's revolting.

...And interestingly enough, reminds me of Equus. :spock:

Fucking disgraceful. That anon on the first page was right.

If I had a twenty-year-old cousin that did that to my yogurt, I'd admittedly probably punch them in the face and be done with it. But that 'revenge' is disgusting. Twilight Sucks has become the new worst forum full of the worst people.

Also, if I knew the email address of the OP's mother, she would be getting an anonymous link to this thread.
Back to top Go down
Xervexagon

Xervexagon

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:46 am

The OP in that thread - from what I can see, her name is Rachel Gutman. She is from Las Vegas, NV. Her MySpace is here. It is possible that this is her YouTube account - it belongs to a Rachel Gutman, from Las Vegas, NV, and includes a video which features 'Jimmy' (she mentioned her friend Jimmy in the TwilightSucks thread). However, if this is the case she has certainly lied about her age. The girl in the videos also doesn't look very similar to the MySpace picture, so I may well be wrong about the YouTube. This is her XFire. She is on the 2K Forums here.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:36 am

We are not 4chan.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:40 am

Miss Prince wrote:
We are not 4chan.

An important, oft-overlooked fact.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Seriously. I have neither the means nor the desire to launch e-attacks.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Xervexagon wrote:
The OP in that thread - from what I can see, her name is Rachel Gutman. She is from Las Vegas, NV. Her MySpace is here. It is possible that this is her YouTube account - it belongs to a Rachel Gutman, from Las Vegas, NV, and includes a video which features 'Jimmy' (she mentioned her friend Jimmy in the TwilightSucks thread). However, if this is the case she has certainly lied about her age. The girl in the videos also doesn't look very similar to the MySpace picture, so I may well be wrong about the YouTube. This is her XFire. She is on the 2K Forums here.

He asked for her mother's e-mail.

He's still waiting. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Xervexagon

Xervexagon

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Xervexagon wrote:

He asked for her mother's e-mail.

He's still waiting. Colbert

Hey man, I did all the legwork. I'm pretty busy you know, these things aren't gonna rape, kill, and eat themselves. Who've you raped recently? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Xervexagon wrote:
Is it sad that I don't know what half these websites even are?

And where did you find all this info from? Better yet... why do you care THAT much?
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Maybe our savior shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth...
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:37 am

So I have to read Twilight for my American Lit class. We're going to examine reasons why these books seem to resonate with the general populace on so many levels.

I think I'm going to go through the first book and highlight and tab any mentions of Edward's physical beauty in any form. I know it's already been done. If anyone's interested in picking things in the book out but would rather not read the book themselves, here's your opportunity to tell me to find it.

(seriously guys anything to make this more interesting for me PLEASE)
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:40 am

Change every verb in the book between Edward and Bella to "rape".
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:47 am

Mafiosa wrote:
Change every verb in the book between Edward and Bella to "rape".

This could have merit.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:46 pm

That wouldn't change the way the book reads that much.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Oh, how about you highlight all the "feminist" behaviors of Bella that emphasize what a helpless little princess she is?
Back to top Go down
Blooferlady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Blooferlady

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:01 pm

I suppose you could also talk about how Bella's lack of personality makes it so easy for the reader to insert their own personality into Bella.
Back to top Go down
http://blooferblog.tumblr.com
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:05 pm

You could use the book as toilet paper and give the results to your professor.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:17 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
So I have to read Twilight for my American Lit class. We're going to examine reasons why these books seem to resonate with the general populace on so many levels.

Demand your money back and transfer to another college. Immediately.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:17 pm

You could instead treat it like stats class.

Get a random sample of 50 Twilight fans, and determine their mean IQ. Do this 10 times. Then make a graph of the distribution of sample means.

When the mean of the means ends up being about 40, explain THAT's why these babbling idiots like this shit. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: The Death of Feminism   Twilight: The Death of Feminism - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight: The Death of Feminism
Page 19 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next