Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Things You've Learned from Badfic

Go down 
+108
Eeveegou
Nerdanel
Aspergirl
Dixie
ViewSonic
saja
King Bee
SHGCat
Reidmar
KJM
textrix
Summercorn
Mikey Go WOOGA
PendragonGirl
Un1t 0n3
Knorg
Euglena
beepchoc
fapfapfap
Petronella
Nevvy
Nihilist
tim gueguen
dracowaltztard
Azzandra
Realm Walker
V3N0M
Sutremaine
Lapin
Maximilia
PaganPunk
knightwithoutacause
Freezer
littledorrit
CaptainMcNeil
4shadowedice4
Owlish
Sunatic
Ghost in the Machine
Shubby the Lurkette
GeorgeUK
Cunovendus
neris
Vanilla-villa
Mouse
The Scientist
Quijotesca
Lurv
Cyberwulf
Dr. Quinzel
Reepicheep-chan
Exodia's Right Leg
Shinracentric
Anon
Ya-u
Trioculus
mluckw
gaijinguy
Somath Cegem
Baron Chuddlington III
Sorsa A. Jänis
EileenK98
frostflowers
T.S.Orr
Little Egypt
Korora
Melissa
szaleniec
Kevin M
Cactus Wren
Lembech
Soylent Green
Sheba
AverageLurker
Braigwen
Penguin
Dick Powers
Rabid Badger
quamp
Kitsune-chan
rae
Chocho
myeerah
Roo
Lexin
Dr. Professor Science
Fairlight
anangrychocobo
SirDixonDongs
KGarrett
Keith Fraser
Chaltab
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Sara Jaye
Narwhal
ZoZo
chelonianmobile
Miss Misery
Salamas
karmyn31
Wandering Critic
grmblfjx
kleine_kat
Sakurelf
HurriKaty
Miss Prince
unskilled78
Lady Anne
112 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
GeorgeUK
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:56 pm

In slash, all straight people are evil homophobes who make Michele Bachmann look like Rosie O'Donnell.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Sheba wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Breast cancer is romantic. Shocked
Chemo will, at most, cause angst-able hair loss and a mild tummyache. Opportunistic infections and prednisone weightgain don't exist because they're not sexy.

And should the heroine, by some chance, not survive, she will grow more and more beautiful the closer she gets to death, till by the time she finally shuffles off this mortal coil, she'll be so breath-taking, you can hardly look at her (this is known in movie circles as 'The Love Story Effect,' after the 70's movie starring Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neil).
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:34 pm

The words "I'm pregnant" will turn any man into a wonderful father, even if he's completely evil (i.e. the Joker), emotionally damaged (Batman), self-centered (Jack Sparrow), or canonically a lousy parent (Darth Vader).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
GeorgeUK
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Ron Raper is sexist.

Anyone who doesn't look like Robert Pattinson is a sexist idiot.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:22 pm

GeorgeUK wrote:
Ron Raper is sexist.

Sexist Ron Count:- 95
Back to top Go down
PendragonGirl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
PendragonGirl

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Avengers who? There's no need to save the world, actually Tony and Steve just want to get married and adopt an adult Peter Parker, who is really confused by the entire thing.

Also: Pepper, Rhodey, Bucky, and Peggy will all have ceased to exist so that Tony and Steve can be the two best friends that anyone could have. Their only meaningful relationships are with each other.

Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
The words "I'm pregnant" will turn any man into a wonderful father, even if he's completely evil (i.e. the Joker), emotionally damaged (Batman), self-centered (Jack Sparrow), or canonically a lousy parent (Darth Vader).

Darth Vader was the father to the man who saved the Galaxy from the Empire and brought balance to the force.

I feel he was an adequate father. Colbert

ETA: I CAPITALIZE GALAXY AND EVERYTHING ELSE I GOOD AND GOD DAMN WELL PLEASE

DOUCHEBAGS
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:55 pm

I have learned that it is appropriate to fuck any thing/person(s), for any reason, at any time, and at any place.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:01 pm

If you have a nice voice, everyone wants to hear you interrupt class/work/meetings/etc. to sing the latest pop hit.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:45 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

Darth Vader was the father to the man who saved the Galaxy from the Empire and brought balance to the force.

I feel he was an adequate father. Colbert

He force-gripped his wife to within an inch of her life, causing her to die in childbirth. He cut his son's hand off in a duel. He took no active role in raising his son, leaving his cousins to shoulder the burden by themselves. He left his son to work for his cousins' farm on a planet ruled by gangsters, with nothing more than a lightsabre and no time to buy power converters.

Also, I know fathers often disagree with their sons' politics, but he took it to the extreme of fighting on the opposite side of a war that consumed the entire galaxy! He was even prepared to shoot his own son down (though to be fair, he was trying to destroy his multibajillion credit battle station). Then he took his boss' side over his son's, because his son refused to come over to his side, and was prepared to kill him to advance his own career.

What a great father! :D
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:10 am

Cunovendus wrote:
He force-gripped his wife to within an inch of her life, causing her to die in childbirth.

Didn't the stupid hoobah-bot just say that she decided to die?

Quote :
He cut his son's hand off in a duel.

Builds character. Colbert

Quote :
He took no active role in raising his son, leaving his cousins to shoulder the burden by themselves. He left his son to work for his cousins' farm on a planet ruled by gangsters, with nothing more than a lightsabre and no time to buy power converters.

Except the existence of his son was hidden from him; it's not like he was skipping out on child support.

Quote :
Also, I know fathers often disagree with their sons' politics, but he took it to the extreme of fighting on the opposite side of a war that consumed the entire galaxy!

He'd been fighting that war for years. His son was the one who picked the opposite side.

Quote :
He was even prepared to shoot his own son down (though to be fair, he was trying to destroy his multibajillion credit battle station).

No, "to be fair," Luke was still some anonymous jackass in an enemy fighter.

Quote :
Then he took his boss' side over his son's, because his son refused to come over to his side, and was prepared to kill him to advance his own career.

When your son is as big of a disappointment as Luke was, I can't blame him.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:13 pm

The most appropriate response in a life-threatening situation is to sing a cheesy pop song.
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:37 am

Lady Anne wrote:

This will also be true if the words 'You're pregnant' are being spoken to any man. Abortion? The idea that you're going to be a medical freak and, even if you should survive the pregnancy, your career is ruined? Nope. Anyone, any man or woman getting preggers and it's 'I'm gonna havva babby!!!111!!'
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:36 am

Summercorn wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

This will also be true if the words 'You're pregnant' are being spoken to any man. Abortion? The idea that you're going to be a medical freak and, even if you should survive the pregnancy, your career is ruined? Nope. Anyone, any man or woman getting preggers and it's 'I'm gonna havva babby!!!111!!'

I hate fics that act like male pregnancy is perfectly normal. They don't even bother with a crazy-science explanation; he's just pregnant, and everyone is happy for him.
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:47 pm

Physical abuse is just another way of saying "I love you".
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Kevin M wrote:
Physical abuse is just another way of saying "I love you".

As is emotional manipulation, such as telling the other person you can't live without them, then attempting to commit suicide if they leave you anyway. They're not emotionally unstable wrecks, they REALLY REALLY love you.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Don't forget stalking! Basically in short: obsessive love isn't terrifying; it's sexy according to fangirls.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Things learned from the Harry Potter fandom:
Attempting to murder a classmate is forgivable, but bullying said classmate isn't.

No one matures or becomes a better person; once an assholish bully, always an assholish bully.

Every action is forgivable so long as said action is committed by an anti-hero type of character.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 9:31 pm

What I learned from fandom for The Avengers Movie:

Steve Rogers (aka Captain America) who grew up in the 1930s and 40s, when homosexuality was considered deviant behavior, a mortal sin, and could still get you put in jail, would have no qualms about jumping in bed with Tony Stark.
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:15 am

Also, Thor and Loki have a sexual crush that was consumated when they were young and now, both of them want to buttsex again. All their conflict is nothing to do with Earth, Odin, frost giants, betrayal, or gaining the throne to Asgard.

They want to shag. Will do on the slightest provocation. Especially if they meet up with Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth. M.M.M.M fanfiction ahoy.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Summercorn wrote:
Also, Thor and Loki have a sexual crush that was consumated when they were young and now, both of them want to buttsex again. All their conflict is nothing to do with Earth, Odin, frost giants, betrayal, or gaining the throne to Asgard.

They want to shag. Will do on the slightest provocation. Especially if they meet up with Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth. M.M.M.M fanfiction ahoy.

Is it sad that all I can think of here is "Well, they're not actually brothers, so at least it's not incest?"
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:57 pm

That's my thought too, along with at least neither of them are pregnant. Not yet anyways.

Badfic's basically killed my standards.

Last edited by Mouse on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 8:46 pm

I learned that sex can restore a person's faith in their creator.

And, all it takes for a relationship to get started is a few well placed innuendos and a stolen kiss. After that, sexah-times are but a chapter away.
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:39 am

Mouse wrote:
That's my thought too, along with at least neither of them are pregnant. Not yet anyways.

Badfic's basically killed my standards.

Careful what you wish for, Mouse. Twisted Evil

Quote :
"I'm carrying your son, you giant hammer-wielding idiot!" Loki yelled before whimpering in pain, turning to puke on the marbled floor.

Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:03 am

I have learned that being rude and obnoxious to people in authority is the best way to act - people will respect your "spunk", and there will be no consequences.

I have also learned that mastering martial arts takes very little time, and studying under a Japanese martial arts instructor (it HAS to be Japanese because that country holds the world monopoly on martial arts) will give you the skills to defeat any antagonist, because a real fight is basically the same as a friendly sparring match with your instructor.

Added: Oh yes, I've also learned that Evanescence, Good Charlottes and My Chemical Romance are the definitive gothic bands, while Hot Topic is THE place to shop for gothic clothing (and have branches all over the world - my inability to locate one in the UK is obviously due to my ineptitude). If you like other bands, or shop elsewhere for clothes, you are a "prep".

Last edited by Cunovendus on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things You've Learned from Badfic
Page 14 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next