Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Things You've Learned from Badfic

Go down 
+108
Eeveegou
Nerdanel
Aspergirl
Dixie
ViewSonic
saja
King Bee
SHGCat
Reidmar
KJM
textrix
Summercorn
Mikey Go WOOGA
PendragonGirl
Un1t 0n3
Knorg
Euglena
beepchoc
fapfapfap
Petronella
Nevvy
Nihilist
tim gueguen
dracowaltztard
Azzandra
Realm Walker
V3N0M
Sutremaine
Lapin
Maximilia
PaganPunk
knightwithoutacause
Freezer
littledorrit
CaptainMcNeil
4shadowedice4
Owlish
Sunatic
Ghost in the Machine
Shubby the Lurkette
GeorgeUK
Cunovendus
neris
Vanilla-villa
Mouse
The Scientist
Quijotesca
Lurv
Cyberwulf
Dr. Quinzel
Reepicheep-chan
Exodia's Right Leg
Shinracentric
Anon
Ya-u
Trioculus
mluckw
gaijinguy
Somath Cegem
Baron Chuddlington III
Sorsa A. Jänis
EileenK98
frostflowers
T.S.Orr
Little Egypt
Korora
Melissa
szaleniec
Kevin M
Cactus Wren
Lembech
Soylent Green
Sheba
AverageLurker
Braigwen
Penguin
Dick Powers
Rabid Badger
quamp
Kitsune-chan
rae
Chocho
myeerah
Roo
Lexin
Dr. Professor Science
Fairlight
anangrychocobo
SirDixonDongs
KGarrett
Keith Fraser
Chaltab
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Sara Jaye
Narwhal
ZoZo
chelonianmobile
Miss Misery
Salamas
karmyn31
Wandering Critic
grmblfjx
kleine_kat
Sakurelf
HurriKaty
Miss Prince
unskilled78
Lady Anne
112 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:13 am

Oh, Cunovendus, that martial arts thing is so damn true. Also that it's possible to get to a black belt and still think it's 'marshall arts'.

I have learned that every male celebrity on Earth, when asked if he's ever been with a man before, will simply nod. All of them. The only exceptions are the few who respond with a weak quip and then take out of their bedside table drawer the lube they just happened to have there.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:37 am

Hahaha, yeah it might be true insofar as you are a "black belt in Wakidakayakido", but it doesn't make you into an expert fighter who can defeat anyone who attacks you - at least not in the real world. In Fanfiction World, however...

Actually it does in Hollywood World as well - except there it usually takes exactly three attempts to learn every move, and the less time you have to train, the better you are (provided you have a training montage video). In Fanfiction World, being part oriental is usually enough.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:19 am

Kevin M wrote:
Physical abuse is just another way of saying "I love you".

Oh God, this. Someone recently showed me a bandom fic in which one person is blind and the other is not and they secretly have the hots for each other, but it takes them their entire teenage years (or something) to figure it out- and how do they figure it out? By the blind guy saying something spiteful and THE OTHER GUY HITTING HIM. IN THE FACE. REPEATEDLY. A BLIND GUY. WHO CAN'T SEE IT COMING. No, sure, that's romantic.

Braigwen wrote:
I learned that sex can restore a person's faith in their creator.
They forgive their parents?
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:13 pm

It is impossible for two men to have a close friendship without being sexually involved. This goes doubly so if they're twins, brothers, or one of them is married.

It also spills over into real life, where two actors who play brothers or male friends with a very close relationship are also obviously sexually involved. Even moreso if they're both married and have kids.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Summercorn wrote:
Mouse wrote:
That's my thought too, along with at least neither of them are pregnant. Not yet anyways.

Badfic's basically killed my standards.

Careful what you wish for, Mouse. Twisted Evil

Quote :
"I'm carrying your son, you giant hammer-wielding idiot!" Loki yelled before whimpering in pain, turning to puke on the marbled floor.

To be fair, if we're talking the Norse mythology, there is canonical precedent for Loki being able to get knocked up. Twisted Evil Somehow I have a feeling that isn't true of the Marvel version, though.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Thor isn't a Stallion. Not literally, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Mouse wrote:
Summercorn wrote:
Mouse wrote:
That's my thought too, along with at least neither of them are pregnant. Not yet anyways.

Badfic's basically killed my standards.

Careful what you wish for, Mouse. Twisted Evil

Quote :
"I'm carrying your son, you giant hammer-wielding idiot!" Loki yelled before whimpering in pain, turning to puke on the marbled floor.

To be fair, if we're talking the Norse mythology, there is canonical precedent for Loki being able to get knocked up. Twisted Evil Somehow I have a feeling that isn't true of the Marvel version, though.

Um, that was by a horse so I dearly hope not.... pale

And expanding on what others have said about actors getting it on, this also holds if the characters in the show are children and playing siblings. Need proof? Just check the Tv. Tropes page for Wizards of Waverly Place (And then scrub your eyes with steel wool.)
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:13 pm

"I'm married to my work" means "I will fuck anything in trousers, including my brother."

(Yes, Sherlock fandom, I'm talking to you.)
Back to top Go down
GeorgeUK
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:54 am

If someone offers you a cupcake, run as fast as you can in the opposite direction and don't look back.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:54 pm

If you admit your work sucks and you don't know where your story is going plot wise, post it anyway because there will be hundreds of people who have never heard of any good literature who will read your drivel and think it on par with Tolkien's works.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Braigwen wrote:
If you admit your work sucks and you don't know where your story is going plot wise, post it anyway because there will be hundreds of people who have never heard of any good literature who will read your drivel and think it on par with Tolkien's works.

And along that same vein, refusing to post additional chapters until you get a required amount of good reviews will guarantee a positive result!

In addition, all bad reviews are simply flames, and can be ignored.
Back to top Go down
textrix

textrix

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:57 pm

Quote :
In addition, all bad reviews are simply flames, and can be ignored.
Or, they are simply jealous of how fabulous your story/writing is.
Back to top Go down
textrix

textrix

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:27 pm

These have probably all been said, but I feel the need to rant tonight:

-When all women lose their virginity, it hurts for about two seconds, and then it's FANTASTIC. (Just, no.)
-The deeper the penetration, the better it feels!
-All women can orgasm all the time, with very little effort from anyone involved! (I wish)
-Every partner always knows how to make a woman climax on the first attempt at intercourse! (I've had partners never be able to do this....)
-I NEVER read about condom use, but this is still a popular BC method for some! Shouldn't we be educating people that they'll get pregnant without something???
-Actually, I never read about anyone on BC, yet people only get pregnant when it fits the woobified plot perfectly.
-When you give birth, you look gorgeous.
-When you're pregnant, you have a beautiful "glow" and immediately bond with the new spirit inside you. Rather than growing chin hair and developing acne, and various other maladies I've heard are common.
-There's no such thing as post-partum depression! Babies fix lives, people!
-Again, babies fix, not dissolve, marriages.
-A rapist will stay with you to raise the baby because he discovers he now loves you.
-Fight scenes and arguments are only in ff as foreplay.
-Men only appear to be brutes, but if you reach them in the right way, they are all sensitive and sweet, and basically women on the inside.
-All people are homophobic and are out to stop the love of the same-sex Sues/Stus.
-Okay and maybe this is just me, but I HATE when people describe a kissing scene in which one partner licks the other's lips. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT, IT'S JUST SLOPPY AND GROSS! This is not a smooth move!
-There are multiple people out there jerking off to descriptions of clothing and makeup...otherwise why would there be so many long and needless ones?
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:19 pm

When writing about a love scene between two people of different species, not to mention different chiralities, it's tote's cool to have no protection involved. Because implications couldn't be more pleasant!

Also, when describing the sexual anatomy of said alien species, instead of finding the closest terrestrial analog, use something that is as near vomit inducing as you can get for TEH Maximum Smexehness-ness!!!
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Interestingly, you're more likely to see condom usage mentioned in slash fanfic than het. I think a lot of people look at condoms as a means of preventing the spread of STDs, but forget. they're also a reliable method of birth control, as long as you use them consistently. My ex and I had to use condoms, because even the lowest dosage of the pill messed up my hormones so bad I did nothing but cry non-stop.

Also, I'd be interested in knowing if the idea is still prevelent that using condoms to prevent pregnancy is somehow 'dirty' because it means you're planning on having sex. That was a very common thing among girls when I was in high school. It was like they believed that if they could trick their body into thinking they weren't planning on having sex, it would somehow magically keep them from getting pregnant.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 8:04 pm

True love is the only thing that matters. Saving your family/city/planet/galaxy/universe/multiverse from evil? Doesn't matter. All that matters is finding your true love and having lots of babies with them.

Also, if a woman has a career, a goal, a dream, etc., she'll give it all up to marry her true love and become a housewife, because once you have love, you don't want anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Oh if a heroine gets knocked up during a period she's fighting a war to keep the demon legions of hell from taking over the planet, she won't dream of getting an abortion. TEH KEWT BABEE!!1111 matters so much more than the billions who will die if the bad guy wins. In fact, abortions as a general rule don't exist and everyone will lecture you on their wrongness, even if they're from an alien world and this is the first time they've ever heard of one.

And I realize now I'll launch a never-ending abortion thread. I regret nothing.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Mouse wrote:
Oh if a heroine gets knocked up during a period she's fighting a war to keep the demon legions of hell from taking over the planet, she won't dream of getting an abortion. TEH KEWT BABEE!!1111 matters so much more than the billions who will die if the bad guy wins. In fact, abortions as a general rule don't exist and everyone will lecture you on their wrongness, even if they're from an alien world and this is the first time they've ever heard of one.

And I realize now I'll launch a never-ending abortion thread. I regret nothing.
Yep, teh kewt babee is more important than anything, even when the demons taking over the planet will also kill and eat mother and child, making the decision to keep the baby irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:34 pm

textrix wrote:

-Okay and maybe this is just me, but I HATE when people describe a kissing scene in which one partner licks the other's lips. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT, IT'S JUST SLOPPY AND GROSS!
As long as the writer doesn't go into detail about the saliva it's not really a problem. Kissing is less sloppy than sex, after all.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Paris is in Australia.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Causing grievous bodily harm to another person is FUCKING HILARIOUS and if you aren't 100% ok with irreparable harm done to you in the name of fun, you are a horrible person.
Back to top Go down
Anon
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Anon

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:50 pm

Hypoglycemia is a chronic illness that must be carefully controlled, rather than a temporary state of having low blood sugar levels that can be treated by eating sweets or drinking something like orange juice.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Anon wrote:
Hypoglycemia is a chronic illness that must be carefully controlled, rather than a temporary state of having low blood sugar levels that can be treated by eating sweets or drinking something like orange juice.

Conversely, people who are diabetics can eat anything they want and never have to take insulin or oral medications to keep their blood sugar under control. I once read a fanfic-can't remember the fandom-where the Suethor was supposedly a diabetic, but ate sugary candy with impunity and never once checked her blood sugar levels or went into a coma from ketoacidosis. Coming from a family where both Type 1 and Two Diabetes are common, I found this hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Did her diabetes have any role in the story?
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:49 pm

KJM wrote:
Did her diabetes have any role in the story?

Not really. I think it was just the 'bad thing' that Suethors have to have to make us feel sorry for them, given that it in no way impacted her life, and was only mentioned if the plot felt she was in need of sympathy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things You've Learned from Badfic
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next