Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist

Go down 
+66
Seule
jerkstore
Somath Cegem
crowdog66
Mr.Doobie
frostflowers
Twonky
Knorg
Dr. Professor Science
ZoZo
Penguin
grmblfjx
Chris91
Yattara
Snoof
Rabid Badger
Toastuh
NastyHobbitses
unskilled78
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Miss Prince
Atramentua
Solitia
Kirby
A_Note_Chaotic
Animir
Lysander
lemmingwriter
szaleniec
Lurv
Lexin
Raine
gaijinguy
Reepicheep-chan
Mikey Go WOOGA
Sparrow
SirDixonDongs
Root Admin
Psy-4
Inciter
myeerah
VB
Chocho
Anathema
Melissa
anangrychocobo
Mafiosa
Narwhal
DarthDarthington
Blooferlady
Hot Cancer
Lapin
Miss Misery
theweirdkind
Delcat
Bamshalam
I_Lam_Edhellen
Ceres
Mae Bedlam
karmyn31
Kremlin
KelinciHutan
Maximilia
InkWeaver
Cyberwulf
Malganis
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:13 am

The worst part about it Lapin is that she's not just spouting it, she is advising other people in life with this kind of bullshit. Not once from any of her articles have I seen a valuable tidbit of advice that everyone should hear/read:

COMMUNICATE. IT WILL REALLY HELP YOU.

So. Where should we post our comments? Does someone want to phantom link her or do we just want to copy paste? From what I've seen, she'll come to defend herself.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:34 am

InkWeaver wrote:
So. Where should we post our comments? Does someone want to phantom link her or do we just want to copy paste? From what I've seen, she'll come to defend herself.
Let's not bring her here. I would say copy-paste.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:42 am

"The Advice Goddess"

I'm guessing she had to name herself that because "Turbo Bitch", "I'm So Much Better Than You" and "I'm a Crass, Mean-Spirited, Fat-Bashing Cunt" were already taken.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:56 am

Malganis wrote:
I found this, and it's even more depressing.

Quote :
If you want me to hurl, speak admiringly of those wunnnnnnderful Dove ads that use "real" women (ie, of the "wide load" variety):

You know, if I want to see a herd of young women who are out of shape, all I have to do is fly home to America and open my eyes. If I'm buying a magazine or staring at your dumb billboard, I'd like to be rewarded with a look at the extraordinarly beautiful ones, 'kay?

For the record, she's talking about these women.

A "herd". Yeah, that couldn't possibly harken back to a herd of COWS, now could it.

I'd bone every single one of those women any day of the week, and twice on Sunday's. (Sorry for being crasse. Well not really...)

Fail for her. She probably has a waist that I could fit my hands around, no hips and no chest and is jealous of women with a few curves.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:03 am

Quote :
There are unscrupulous women out there with full pincushions and empty turkey basters who will turn him into an unwitting sperm donor, visiting dad, and cash machine.

I.

...I.

...TRUST IS OVERRATED IN A RELATIONSHIP BECAUSE WOMEN ARE BABY-CRAVING WHORES.

As for the former query about how 21-year-old women react to a baby, this 21-year-old woman reacts to babies with utter revulsion. Oh, but I'm fat, so my opinions don't matter, forgot.
KelinciHutan wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the heck this sentence means? "Turned your diaphragm into a frisbee" what?
I'm assuming she's talking about the contraceptive device and not the Frisbee, and we are thus enlightened to her real problem: She has a cervix eight inches across. ...at least, the bitch deserves that kind of problem.

Roaming outside of her sexist bullshit, she can't even handle textbook OCD.
Quote :
Because you and your wife aren't likely to end up like a 43-year-old
Bronx man -- trapped for two days under an avalanche of a decade's
worth of newspapers, magazines, and junk mail -- she isn't likely to go
for the cognitive behavioral therapy that's helped some clinical
hoarders. Probably your best appeal comes out of the work of 18th
century economist Adam Smith, who noted that sympathy compels people to put others' interests first.
The suggestion that research from the 18th century is your "best bet" on anything sends me into a nervous asthmatic fit. But centuries-old advice on psychology from an economist? Oh God, I need my inhaler...
Quote :
And, even if storage costs $2,400 a year, maybe that's a bargain price
for sanity, marital harmony, and avoiding the need to pay somebody to
rob you of pallets of gravy boats and boxes of amputated Barbies while
you're at the Olive Garden.
No. No, no, no, no. Hoarding is a symptom of an even bigger problem. You try to sweep it under the rug, it just gets worse. Enabling is never the answer, you self-important stupid fuck. That poor woman needs help and you can't just ignore that. Oh, wait, you can, because unlike a real psychologist, you don't have to deal with the consequences of your actions. I hope your cunt rots out.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Blooferlady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Blooferlady

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:12 am

Delcat wrote:
As for the former query about how 21-year-old women react to a baby, this 21-year-old woman reacts to babies with utter revulsion.
I thought that was the normal reaction. I hate babies. Do I count because I'm 18? Anathema, where are you on this baby hating train?

WAIT A SECOND GUYS WE HAVE A STATISTIC. 2 OUT OF 2 WOMEN (of 2 interviewed) HATE BABIES. I BET THAT MEANS ALL WOMEN HATE BABIES.
Back to top Go down
http://blooferblog.tumblr.com
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:15 am

Can we please, please bring her here? Words can't express how badly I want to see her get a few new assholes from people on this site.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:15 am

Miss Misery wrote:
"The Advice Goddess"

I'm guessing she had to name herself that because "Turbo Bitch", "I'm So Much Better Than You" and "I'm a Crass, Mean-Spirited, Fat-Bashing Cunt" were already taken.

There's a certain irony in using misogynistic insults against a woman who demonstrates over and over how misogynistic she is.

Knock it off.

As for her "OMG YOU WHORISH WOMAN HOW DARE YOU HAVE SEX WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND" column, I commented.

Quote :
Way to go, Amy! You slutshame that selfish whore! After all, she probably only had the kid to get FABULOUS CASH PRIZES from his dad, just like all single mothers, and is probably doing the same to the new boyfriend.

Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:17 am

As an antidote in this thread, I have just pasted this sentence directly from Wikipedia.

Quote :
This campaign has also spurred on a phenomenon whereby attractive women with bodies that better reflect 95% of the female population are referred to as Dove Mediocrities.
Click the link for lol.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:37 am

Blooferlady wrote:
Delcat wrote:
As for the former query about how 21-year-old women react to a baby, this 21-year-old woman reacts to babies with utter revulsion.
I thought that was the normal reaction. I hate babies. Do I count because I'm 18? Anathema, where are you on this baby hating train?

WAIT A SECOND GUYS WE HAVE A STATISTIC. 2 OUT OF 2 WOMEN (of 2 interviewed) HATE BABIES. I BET THAT MEANS ALL WOMEN HATE BABIES.
I'm 19 and I can't stand babies. The only time I act like I like them are when I'm at work and the mom expects me to compliment the little bundle of joy.

THAT'S 3/3.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Quote :
The women are chunky. Saying so doesn't make you sexist. It makes you a person who states the obvious. It's sad, too, because being a heavy women diminishes your opportunities in jobs, life, and love. You can say it "shouldn't" be that way until you turn green -- but that won't change a simple fact: it is that way.
Hear that guys? "Being a heavy women" sounds like a real raw deal.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Quote :
An hourglass figure is actually a (medically measurable) predictor of fertility. The ideal is a .7 waist-to-hip ration (hourglass). I know Kate Moss was not anorexic because she had a .69 prior to pregnancy...and obviously, she got pregnant, so there you have it!
Quote :
Oh, and I do hate, hate, hate when newscasters pronounce their names with a Spanish accent. And Hispanic/Latino newscasters are the only ones I hear doing it. You don't hear people of other origins running around pronouncing their names the old country way, like "Goldschtein" for "Goldstein." Come on, people -- America's the melting pot country. It only works if people melt.
Oh, FUCK OFF.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:01 pm

I am literally ripping my bottom lip off with my teeth with rage.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Miss Misery wrote:
"The Advice Goddess"

There's a certain irony in using misogynistic insults against a woman who demonstrates over and over how misogynistic she is.

Knock it off.

Hey, I'm just calling out the woman for what she is. Don't expect any apologies for it.
Back to top Go down
anangrychocobo
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:59 pm

Fight fight fight

Or, y'know, do something less tedious.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:25 pm

No Miss Misery, you're being a misogynistic fuckneck, which makes you no better than her.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:43 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Blooferlady wrote:
Delcat wrote:

I'm 19 and I can't stand babies. The only time I act like I like them are when I'm at work and the mom expects me to compliment the little bundle of joy.

THAT'S 3/3.

Make that 4/4. Give me a puppy any day.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Am I okay, Wulfie? I used "cunt" as a descriptive anatomical noun rather than a suggestion of state of being, after all.

This bullshit reminds me of something my buddy was raging about a week or so back...
Quote :
And this: "You do not see fat people in concentration camps. Why?
Because they get hardly anything to eat and they have to do a lot of
work."

National MP Maurice Williamson must be muttering into his
whiskers. Two years ago he was pilloried for saying virtually the same
thing: "If some people can't lose weight no matter what, how come there
were no fat people in Nazi concentration camps?"
...yeah, I have nothing to add to that. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:53 pm

All right, so how do we wanna go about this? Spam her articles with comments or what?
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Can't we just get someone to put a Gypsy curse on her like in that movie Thinner? Only, in reverse, of course. Oh well, we can dream.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:03 pm

At this point I'd go for the gypsy curse from Drag Me To Hell!
Back to top Go down
Anathema

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Melissa wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
Blooferlady wrote:
Delcat wrote:

THAT'S 3/3.

5/5! You know I'm always here when baby hating is involved, Bloofer. Should we induct everyone else who responds into the baby hater's club?

Also, so on board with snarking the hell out of this woman.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:20 pm

Well, I've already posted my snark. Where are you guys at? Wink
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:36 pm

Narwhal wrote:
At this point I'd go for the gypsy curse from Drag Me To Hell!

Slightly O/T, is that movie any good? I've heard mixed reviews. I liked the Star Trek movie that was done by the same writing team.
Back to top Go down
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Chocho

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Anathema wrote:
Melissa wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
Blooferlady wrote:
Delcat wrote:

THAT'S 3/3.

5/5! You know I'm always here when baby hating is involved, Bloofer. Should we induct everyone else who responds into the baby hater's club?

Also, so on board with snarking the hell out of this woman.

I love my niece but otherwise do not like babies, especially not newborns. Does that count? If so, 6/6.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist   Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Amy Alkon -- fat-hating advice columnist
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next