Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Student Kills Intruder with Sword

Go down 
+29
Dr. Professor Science
kuroineko
szaleniec
the asylum
EileenK98
Manny
theweirdkind
unskilled78
Melissa
Penguin
GamemasterAnthony
Hot Cancer
rachel
Maximilia
Verandering
Raine
gaijinguy
Lapin
Mikey Go WOOGA
Ceres
Fairlight
Root Admin
Chaltab
Narwhal
KelinciHutan
Sparrow
KGarrett
Mafiosa
King Bee
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:24 am

Verandering wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Verandering wrote:
It's called a katana you lot of thick skulls.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Samurai used more than one kind of sword.
Yeah, a wakizashi, which I didn't think was long enough to be labeled a sword.

Or the Nodachi or Odachi, Tachi, Chokuto, "Ninjato", Kodachi, Uchigatana, or Zanbato
Hell, even a Nagamaki, Naginata or Bokken could be mistaken by a your typical numb-nuts reporter for a "Samurai Sword".
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:31 am

Not all of us are sword savvy like you. :hmm:
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:26 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Verandering wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Samurai used more than one kind of sword.

Or the Nodachi or Odachi, Tachi, Chokuto, "Ninjato", Kodachi, Uchigatana, or Zanbato
Hell, even a Nagamaki, Naginata or Bokken could be mistaken by a your typical numb-nuts reporter for a "Samurai Sword".

URUSAI
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:14 am

Verandering wrote:
unskilled78 wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Verandering wrote:

URUSAI

It might not have even been Japanese. Reporters usually just stick the most familiar word onto an item just to save time and get the bare facts across. It might have been a Dao, Dadao, Jian, Nandao, Miao Dao, Niuweidao, Piandao, Wodao, Yanmaodao. And those are just the Chinese ones.

:lolinsane:
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:57 am

Basically, they should've just said "a sword".
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 5:37 am

Raine wrote:
Verandering wrote:
unskilled78 wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Verandering wrote:

URUSAI

It might not have even been Japanese. Reporters usually just stick the most familiar word onto an item just to save time and get the bare facts across. It might have been a Dao, Dadao, Jian, Nandao, Miao Dao, Niuweidao, Piandao, Wodao, Yanmaodao. And those are just the Chinese ones.

... YOU'RE LUCKY I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TELL YOU TO SHUT UP IN CHINESE
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:45 am

Damn it, I want a katana even more, now! Someone FedEx me one, please? I'll give you roses~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 10:26 am

Manny, where'd you get that cute little ninja icon?
I saw some swords going pretty cheap ($20) at the last anime con I went to. They were probably just props, but even those can hurt if you get hit by one just right. They had one designed to look like the Sword of Omens.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 10:27 am

This makes me miss living in a country where little pocket knives with locking blades weren't deadly, cop-killing assault knives.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 10:30 am

Melissa wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

:whisper:
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 10:33 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Melissa wrote:

Must've missed it. There's a whole bunch of them there.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:26 am

Melissa wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Melissa wrote:

Must've missed it. There's a whole bunch of them there.

Yeah, sometimes I have to scroll up and down a couple of times to find a smiley I know is there.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:59 pm

This is what my friend's apartment management put on her door today.

Quote :
Attention residents:
Do not ignore this notice!

If you have any type of sword, or anything that could be considered a weapon, it must be removed from the property within 24hours of this notice. Swords are weapons and you are in serious violation of your lease by posessing the sword.

Going forward, if any type of weapon is found in any apartment at any time for any reason the owner will be given three days to vacate the premises and will not be allowed to return.

This is a serious matter. Please take action immediately. Contact the office if you have any questions.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I have a feeling it's because of this news event.

PS: Her apartment complex is retarded, and all of those spelling errors are as is on the notice.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Solution: baseball bat.

Better solution: Scrap this "YOU CAN'T HAVE A WEAPON" bullshit and post a notice saying: "Don't rob this building, yo. We have fuckin swords and shit. Thank you, Management"
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Narwhal wrote:
Solution: baseball bat.

Better solution: Scrap this "YOU CAN'T HAVE A WEAPON" bullshit and post a notice saying: "Don't rob this building, yo. We have fuckin swords and shit. Thank you, Management"

Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 355243 Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 355243 Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 355243

No kidding. And if people have swords, they'll have sword fights, and that would just be awesome to watch.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 12:10 am

Verandering wrote:
Raine wrote:
Verandering wrote:
unskilled78 wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Verandering wrote:

URUSAI

I believe it's "Wo pigu hentong".
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 am

theweirdkind wrote:
This is what my friend's apartment management put on her door today.

Quote :
Attention residents:
Do not ignore this notice!

If you have any type of sword, or anything that could be considered a weapon, it must be removed from the property within 24hours of this notice. Swords are weapons and you are in serious violation of your lease by posessing the sword.

Going forward, if any type of weapon is found in any apartment at any time for any reason the owner will be given three days to vacate the premises and will not be allowed to return.

This is a serious matter. Please take action immediately. Contact the office if you have any questions.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I have a feeling it's because of this news event.

PS: Her apartment complex is retarded, and all of those spelling errors are as is on the notice.

So, no kitchen knives? No golf clubs? "Weapon" is a pretty ambiguous term. Anything can be a weapon, if you use it the right way. I could stab you in the eye with a pencil. Does that mean I have to get rid of all my pencils?
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:35 am

I think I'll buy a replica Bat'leth from that King Of Swords site Anthony mentioned. Any burgalar would shit themselves if faced with that.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:44 am

The Naginata is more like a lance than a sword though right
Back to top Go down
szaleniec
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
szaleniec

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 7:08 am

KGarrett wrote:
Basically, they should've just said "a sword".
They always say a samurai sword in news reports because everything is scarier when it's foreign.
Back to top Go down
http://szaleniec1000.livejournal.com/
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 7:42 am

Raine wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Raine wrote:
Verandering wrote:
unskilled78 wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Verandering wrote:

URUSAI

Doesn't "Wo" mean "I"? I'll admit, the only full sentence of Mandarian Chinese I know is "Wo ai ni." (I love you.)
Back to top Go down
kuroineko

kuroineko

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 7:48 am

My grasp of Cantonese is practically close to nothing, but I believe it's:

Lei sau seng ar!
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 8:35 am

the asylum wrote:
The Naginata is more like a lance than a sword though right

Actually, it's more like a glaive, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 8:50 am

Our swordsman (she said, completely skirting the issue of what to call the stupid thing) may not be in the clear yet. The police don't believe he had the "intent to kill," but apparently the killing took place outside, not in the garage, and the police were already close by, having been searching for a "suspicious person" in the area. I don't think he's been charged yet, but apparently they're still waffling about it.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 9:02 am

Melissa wrote:
Raine wrote:

Doesn't "Wo" mean "I"? I'll admit, the only full sentence of Mandarian Chinese I know is "Wo ai ni." (I love you.)

Shh, don't reveal it actually means 'my butt hurts'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Student Kills Intruder with Sword
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next