Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Student Kills Intruder with Sword

Go down 
+29
Dr. Professor Science
kuroineko
szaleniec
the asylum
EileenK98
Manny
theweirdkind
unskilled78
Melissa
Penguin
GamemasterAnthony
Hot Cancer
rachel
Maximilia
Verandering
Raine
gaijinguy
Lapin
Mikey Go WOOGA
Ceres
Fairlight
Root Admin
Chaltab
Narwhal
KelinciHutan
Sparrow
KGarrett
Mafiosa
King Bee
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

Student Kills Intruder with Sword Empty
PostSubject: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:56 pm

Where the heck did this kid get a Samurai sword?

Quote :
BALTIMORE - A Johns Hopkins University student armed with a samurai sword killed an intruder in his garage, Baltimore police said Tuesday.

Two laptops and a Sony PlayStation had been stolen by burglars Monday from the home, on University Parkway just blocks from the school, said police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi. Early Tuesday, one of the four Hopkins students who live in the home noticed the garage door was open and took a sword with him to investigate, Guglielmi said.

In the garage, the student told police he discovered a man and when the student told the man to get out, the man accosted him, Guglielmi said. The student defended himself with the sword, cutting off the man's hand and causing a severe laceration to his upper body, he said.

Campus security and an off-duty city officer responding to a call for a suspicious person in the area around 1:20 a.m. Tuesday heard screams to call police, Guglielmi said. The man died at the scene, but police are not yet releasing his name, he said.

Michael Hughes, 43, who lives two doors down from the house where the slaying occurred, said he was getting ready for bed at around 1:30 a.m. when he heard screams from the rear of the home.

'I could tell someone was scared'
"There was fear in the voice. I could tell someone was scared," Hughes said.

Three young men were sitting on the front porch of the home around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. A police officer was standing in the doorway, and a single police car was parked nearby.

The men refused to comment when approached by an Associated Press reporter.

Behind the three-story brick rowhouse, a wooden fence was broken. There was a pool of blood in the brick courtyard between the back porch and the garage.

Guglielmi said the man had been arrested on charges such as burglary several times before, and had been released Saturday from a Baltimore County jail.

Police are interviewing the student and his roommates, and are talking to prosecutors about whether to file charges.

Awesome or horrible?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:01 pm

I know I've been making a lot of Arrested Development references lately, but this totally reminds me of the "Sword of Destiny" episode.

Maybe it's all a trick ILLUSION!
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:03 pm

"He killed me with a sword. How weird is that?"
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:13 pm

King Bee wrote:
Where the heck did this kid get a Samurai sword?

Renaissance faires, private vendors, internet, etc. Really, it's not that hard to track one down.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Also, if he takes weapons classes at his local dojo.

It doesn't sound like this guy intended to inflict lethal damage, and the dead guy was not only stealing from him but also attacking him at the time. I wouldn't call it awesome, but I wouldn't call it horrible, either.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Quote :
Michael Hughes, 43, who lives two doors down from the house where the slaying occurred, said he was getting ready for bed at around 1:30 a.m. when he heard screams from the rear of the home.

'I could tell someone was scared'
"There was fear in the voice. I could tell someone was scared," Hughes said.

Fuck the tone of this article. That kid didn't do a damn thing wrong. That man had broken into his garage and, when told to leave, attacked him. He had every right to hack his shit up with a motherfucking samurai sword.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Yeah, if someone had previously stolen my stuff and come back for more, I'd bring a weapon too. And the guy attacked him, so he was defending himself.

It's not 'awesome' in the sense that I'm in love with killing burglars, but it's not some horrible tragedy either.

unless of course it turns out the burglar was stealing to feed his poor family or something which is still wrong but not something you should be killed for

The article does go on to say that the dead burglar had recently been released on previous burglary charges, so it seems like a case of a repeat offender just picking the wrong guy to rob one day.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Chaltab wrote:

unless of course it turns out the burglar was stealing to feed his poor family or something which is still wrong but not something you should be killed for

And at what point does one ask the burglar, who is actively attacking you, "Excuse me sir, but would you happen to be robbing me blind to support your adorable and impoverished family? Oh, you are? SO sorry for the mistake. Here, take my stereo. Would you like me to make you some sandwiches to take home, too?"

I don't care if this guy was robbing people to pay for his 3-year-old daughter's live saving chemo. He broke into someone's home. When confronted, he tried to assault the homeowner. Fuck him.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:44 pm

I'm not saying the kid did anything wrong even if that were the case.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:51 pm

That reminds me, I misplaced my badass butterfly knife. And yes, I carried it on me.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Baltimore, so he's American. He'll be okay then, they let you kill attackers.
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:54 pm

Quote :
In the garage, the student told police he discovered a man and when the
student told the man to get out, the man accosted him, Guglielmi said.
The student defended himself with the sword, cutting off the man's hand
and causing a severe laceration to his upper body, he said.

Life lesson #879: Don't accost the guy with a samurai sword.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Some Condescending Assclown wrote:
Baltimore, so he's American. He'll be okay then, they let you kill attackers.

More importantly, it's Baltimore. They have PLENTY of REAL murders to investigate.

It's awesome. Not just killing the burglar, but killing the burglar with a fucking samurai sword.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:19 pm

...Baltimore is not...that bad.

Okay, it is.

The kid defended his home/roommates/self, there was nothing wrong with that. It's just kind of interesting that he did it with a sword.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:30 pm

The thing is, this guy might actually be in legal trouble.

Yes, you are allowed to kill an intruder in your home. But I believe that only applies if they are actually inside your home at the time (so the garage might not count), and they are armed. And, after some Googling it looks like it isn't legal in Maryland to use deadly force to protect property, although it is legal to use deadly force to protect yourself.

So, I suppose we'll find out what call the police and lawyers make on this one. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:04 pm

Police have released a relevant picture (spoilered for size)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm on the fence about this one. I think what the guy did was right in protecting himself, but it's still something of a tragedy someone died.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:39 am

It's called a katana you lot of thick skulls.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:48 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
The thing is, this guy might actually be in legal trouble.

Yes, you are allowed to kill an intruder in your home. But I believe that only applies if they are actually inside your home at the time (so the garage might not count), and they are armed. And, after some Googling it looks like it isn't legal in Maryland to use deadly force to protect property, although it is legal to use deadly force to protect yourself.

So, I suppose we'll find out what call the police and lawyers make on this one. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's really bad news. Student Kills Intruder with Sword 309696

"Oh, I'm sorry Mr Burgler, you weren't going to hurt me? Just take my stuff? Then, I'll call 911 and we'll have a race to see if you can rob me blind before the cops get here." I'm for Castle laws (castle laws = "a man's home is his castle"; a term to indicate that using deadly force to protect yourself, your family, and your property is legal). You don't know if a burglar is "just" going to rob you, or rape you, or kill you, or wear your head for a hat. It's a stranger inside your house--breaking the law. Yet some burglars get to sue the people they were robbing because the people attacked them.

So. So. SO wrong. Student Kills Intruder with Sword 309696
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:13 am

There can only be one!
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:27 am

Lapin wrote:
...Baltimore is not...that bad.

Okay, it is.

The kid defended his home/roommates/self, there was nothing wrong with that. It's just kind of interesting that he did it with a sword.

Probably the most effective weapon he had. Certainly, if I thought someone was breaking into my house and was going to investigate with a choice between a large sword and a kitchen knife, I'd take the sword. And if I had a military assualt rifle, I'd take that instead.

I think he should be let off, he warned the guy off and then seems to have attempted to avoid killing him.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:01 am

Baltimore would have to be pants-on-head retarded to charge this kid for killing the intruder. The intruder could have been armed so the kid was in real danger.

As for getting the sword, heck there are plenty of places online to get one, like TrueSwords.com or KingOfSwords.com. Heck...TrueSwords is where I got my replica of the Master Sword of Legends Past from the Zelda game series.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:15 am

Antidote, man.
Verandering wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Samurai used more than one kind of sword.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:58 am

Ah, good. That disturbing mental image of Skippy from Family Ties is gone. Now I have a mental image of that Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck cartoon where Daffy is chased out of a treasure filled cave by one of the Forty Thieves. "HASSAN CHOP!"
Oh, wait, he wasn't a samurai. Hmmm...how about that scene from the Star Trek episode "The Naked Time" where Sulu is running around with a sword? They were going to make him a samurai, but Takeii had other ideas.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:05 am

Penguin wrote:
Antidote, man.
Verandering wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Samurai used more than one kind of sword.

Yeah, a wakizashi, which I didn't think was long enough to be labeled a sword.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Student Kills Intruder with Sword   Student Kills Intruder with Sword Empty

Back to top Go down

Student Kills Intruder with Sword
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next