Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Star Dreck

Go down 
+38
Alhazred
Soylent Green
Dr. Professor Science
Somath Cegem
007bistromath
Narwhal
Psy-4
theweirdkind
Mafiosa
Verandering
Miss Prince
Hot Cancer
Waffles
gaijinguy
Jenny Islander
KGarrett
unskilled78
The Unoriginal
Saleha
Lapin
Melissa
Rabid Badger
Cyberwulf
Sakurelf
Mr. Comic Book
Ceres
Trioculus
vade
A_Note_Chaotic
Spotts1701
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Root Admin
Lysander
ZoZo
Dick Powers
Lexin
Keith Fraser
Penguin
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

Star Dreck - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:48 pm

I've been watching this thread since that LJ link got posted and I'd just like to say that it has alternatively made me rage and lawl. Thanks guys.

Lysander wrote:
Adama > Picard > Sisko = Kirk > Archer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Janeway.

That's not an opinion, that is gospel.

Oh no you don't. Picard > All.
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Team O'Brian!

Also, Star Trek >>>>>>>>>>>>> Star Wars

There, I said it.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:12 pm

Ceres wrote:
Team O'Brian!

Also, Star Trek >>>>>>>>>>>>> Star Wars

There, I said it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:30 pm

1) If you think Voyager was worse than Enterprise, you should probably just light yourself on fire.

2) Star Wars is only bad when George Lucas is making it.
Back to top Go down
Soylent Green
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Soylent Green

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:10 pm

007bistromath wrote:
1) If you think Voyager was worse than Enterprise, you should probably just light yourself on fire.
Here here!  As much as I disliked Janeway, at least she wasn't a racist (specieist?) asshat that we were supposed to find endearing.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:48 pm

Lysander wrote:
Ceres wrote:
It's why the internet was created!

Adama > Picard > Sisko = Kirk > Archer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Janeway.

That's not an opinion, that is gospel.

Ew, no. Archer was doofus who could never make a decision in his life and always had this expression on his face that shifted back and forth between confused and constipated.

However, that does not even delve into my absolute hatred for Trip. It's like they wanted to have a beautiful lovechild with the southern charm of Bones and the strength and charisma of Riker. They got none of this with Trip. Instead they get a smarmy bastard of a gary stu who's too smug for his own good, just happens to know everything, and gets all the women for reasons no one can explain. Watch Precious Cargo. Feel the urge to hurl at the worst insertion of Slap-Slap-Kiss in all of Star Trek.

And I know he was a victim of early 2000s fashion but... frosted highlights.
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:26 am

Hey, what about the oppressed black womyn? And 7 of 9 is just a sex object, and Janeway is impotent! My main issue with the phallic characterization of Star Trek is that the womyn don't have much sex and if they have much sex they're either baddies or a Green Alien Space Babe. The new Uhura is a symbol of the true power of womynhood!

Last edited by Waffles on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:27 am

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Oh no you don't. Picard > All.

Adama > Picard > All.

It's a close call, but Adama wins for putting up with far more shit in four seasons than Picard did in seven. Also, Picard never would have gotten into the boxing ring with Geordi and then dropped him in one punch. Adama did. To his flight chief, I mean. Not Geordi. Although, he'd kick his blind ass, too.

Soylent Green wrote:
Here here! As much as I disliked Janeway, at least she wasn't a racist (specieist?) asshat that we were supposed to find endearing.

Archer was a racist; Janeway single-handedly saved the Borg from hostile aliens, purely to save the ship that she stranded in the Delta Quadrant in the first place due to her uncontrolable killing urge.

She is basically the devil. I'm physically incapable of putting anyone lower than her.
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:47 am

Lysander wrote:

Archer was a racist; Janeway single-handedly saved the Borg from hostile aliens, purely to save the ship that she stranded in the Delta Quadrant in the first place due to her uncontrolable killing urge.

She is basically the devil. I'm physically incapable of putting anyone lower than her.

No, Janeway is a castrated version of what a real womyn should be capable of and I am very disappointed with Voyager because they could have made her awesome like the male captains but the producers were cowardly cocksuckers of the patriarchy! Well I don't really mean to say the male captains were awesome- they were evil and chauvinist. Kirk and Picard are terrible and need to die in a fire. But the directors were going for an Audrey Hepburn type of character, which is good but not very empowering considering the fact that Audrey was a super-skinny anorexic that pandered to the evil thoughts of men.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:45 am

Knights of the Old Republic = Mass Effect > Everything.
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:51 am

Dude, you all know that Archer was just Sam Beckett having to do a WHOLE TON of shit before Ziggy said he could leap.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:38 am

Deutschtard wrote:
Dude, you all know that Archer was just Sam Beckett having to do a WHOLE TON of shit before Ziggy said he could leap.

WIN.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 7:52 am

Deutschtard wrote:

I would pay to read that fanfic I really would.
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:38 am

the boy has all four seasons of Enterprise, so I can watch them and figure something out. hm. perhaps I could like....edit an episode sort of, and make sure to insert tons of Ziggy and Gushy and Al and everyone lol. That'd probably be cool. Although I'd have to explain how Sam got transported to that far in the future, because the thing with QL is he can only leap within his lifetime, usually. I think i could possibly think of something. maybe. but I'm not going to commit until i'm done with a Watchmen fic for a contest. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 10:06 am

Sam once leapt into a Civil War soldier that was his great-grandfather. And he does have that Abigail love child somewhere in time...

So many fanfic possibilities, so little time...
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:15 pm

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM............... I'm thinking still.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:59 am

007bistromath wrote:

I wouldn't know, I only made it thirty minutes into the first episode of Enterprise.
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:35 am

Have to say that this is probably one of the best Trek I've ever seen, and this is including "Wrath of Khan". I though that everyone they casted for this movie was spot on, especially Karl Urban as Bones. I never though he would pull that role off in a thousand years, bu dammit, he pulled it off big time. My only complaint was that Chris Pine really wasn't that good of a choice for Kirk, especially since he spends almost the entire movie getting his ass beaten like a drum. But in terms of a reboot, you can't do any better then this movie.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:49 pm

Lysander wrote:
007bistromath wrote:

I wouldn't know, I only made it thirty minutes into the first episode of Enterprise.

15 minutes more than me.
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:18 pm

Knorg wrote:
Lysander wrote:
007bistromath wrote:

15 minutes more than me.

I saw the whole thing.

*stares off into the distance*
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:24 pm

Knorg wrote:
Lysander wrote:
007bistromath wrote:

15 minutes more than me.

I got as far as the big-lipped Vulcan rubbing goo on the hillbilly. That was when I realized that there were much better things I could be doing with my life . . . killing myself, for instance.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:03 am

Lysander wrote:
Knorg wrote:
Lysander wrote:
007bistromath wrote:

15 minutes more than me.

I got as far as the big-lipped Vulcan rubbing goo on the hillbilly. That was when I realized that there were much better things I could be doing with my life . . . killing myself, for instance.

Can't. Stop. Laughing.
The hubby's a Bakula fan thanks to Quantum Leap, so I got to suffer through two and a half of Enterprise's seasons. Good god, most of it sucked. I finally balked when the whole T'Pol-is-a-crackwhore "arc" started and barely survived with my sanity intact after so much suckitude.

And the bad news: The husband STILL thinks Voyager was worse. I promise, I'll light him on fire after he falls asleep tonight, okay? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:33 pm

Saleha wrote:
The husband STILL thinks Voyager was worse.

The original concern was not that I said Voyager was a worse show than Enterprise; rather, I said that Janeway was a worse captain than Archer. Unless Archer routinely rapes puppies and rainbows, I don't see how that could not be the case. The only thing brought up against him was that he looked confused all the time, was racist, and couldn't make any decisions. Granted, that's pretty bad. Archer is like an old man with Alzheimer's: babbling, confused, and slightly racist.

Janeway was never confused or unsure. Oh no. In fact, she was eerily self-assured, even when choosing to sacrifice her entire crew for the sake of her Irish holodeck dildo. She never questioned her own actions, even as she carved a path of destruction across half the galaxy, laying waste to all she touched.

So, whereas Archer is a babbling but harmless lunatic, Janeway is a fucking sociopath.
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 pm

Lysander, you kinda remind me why I tend to dislike Voyager more than Enterprise at times: while Enterprise was retarded, at least it tried to be different when they revamped around season 3. Voyager was comfortable in its own mediocrity. Season one was passable for a show just starting out, but then it got comfortable in its own blandness.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Ceres wrote:
Lysander, you kinda remind me why I tend to dislike Voyager more than Enterprise at times: while Enterprise was retarded, at least it tried to be different when they revamped around season 3. Voyager was comfortable in its own mediocrity. Season one was passable for a show just starting out, but then it got comfortable in its own blandness.

According to the studio's episode numbering, season 1 of Voyager is really season 8 of TNG.

That is how much they did not care about originality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Dreck   Star Dreck - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Dreck
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next