Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Square Enix CEO Resigns!

Go down 
+16
Eeveegou
WD40
Sparrow
Wolf
rae
ZOOLANDER
Aggie
Reepicheep-chan
Disco Stu
Hot Cancer
grmblfjx
Jay/Cris
Mikey Go WOOGA
Cyberwulf
TheIan
Rulke55
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

Square Enix CEO Resigns! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Square Enix CEO Resigns!   Square Enix CEO Resigns! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:49 am

Reidmar wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I have no idea the status of tax laws and various regulations and how they're changing, but that could play a part in increasing costs.
Considering gaming is a multi-billion dollar industry... No. Just no. Mark my words, once the economy picks back up, prices will return to normal and fans will bitch about the newest FFXXXLLVI whatever generation. Colbert
I'll be there for when FFXXX finally comes out. Dongs
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix CEO Resigns!   Square Enix CEO Resigns! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:29 am

TheIan wrote:
Now, I'm no Logistics analyst, nor do I work in Accounting and foretell prophecies, but how is this a failure? Weren't two of these three games big hits with the reviewers and critics?
Idun'getit
Well, AAA games are really expensive to make. I have no idea how much those games cost to produce or how much money is made per sale so I cannot really say, but if they did not pull in a profit then there you go.
Back to top Go down
Wolf

Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix CEO Resigns!   Square Enix CEO Resigns! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Exactly. We need to consider how much Square Enix spent making those games in the first place. Clearly, it was a great deal, else they wouldn't be reporting losses with those sales numbers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolvesmark.blogspot.com/
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix CEO Resigns!   Square Enix CEO Resigns! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Reidmar wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I have no idea the status of tax laws and various regulations and how they're changing, but that could play a part in increasing costs.

Considering gaming is a multi-billion dollar industry... No. Just no. Mark my words, once the economy picks back up, prices will return to normal and fans will bitch about the newest FFXXXLLVI whatever generation. Colbert

While I was probably off base on taxes (taxes usually tax profits before tax expenses, if you're already losing money at that point, you don't pay taxes. In the US, you can carry that loss forward to offset profits before taxes in future years), the size of an industry has nothing to do with it. The auto industry is bigger than gaming, and yet GM and Chrysler both managed to shit themselves.

Though it could be something like the US payroll taxes. Those are based on employee salaries, not company profits, and could very well drive you from a profit to a loss. But like I said, I have no actual knowledge about the taxes and regulations and how they may have changed recently to possibly increase SE's costs.
Back to top Go down
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spork

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix CEO Resigns!   Square Enix CEO Resigns! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 4:39 am

Wolf wrote:
Exactly. We need to consider how much Square Enix spent making those games in the first place. Clearly, it was a great deal, else they wouldn't be reporting losses with those sales numbers.
Hi Wolf.. *nods at message box*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix CEO Resigns!   Square Enix CEO Resigns! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Square Enix CEO Resigns!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3