Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Romney's spokesman resigns

Go down 
+5
Reidmar
rachel
Lady Anne
WD40
The Unoriginal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

Romney's spokesman resigns Empty
PostSubject: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:53 am

This was in the news here today. So Matt Romney hires gay spokesman (token? Dunno), Republicans start foaming at the mouth and howling, and gay spokesman quits. All in two days' work.
Source
Last week there had been some positive comments over the fact that there were openly gay members among Romney's staff, guess they'll come moot now.
Source

Still no problem with gays as long as they don't pretend to get married, teach, or occupy a position that might be interpreted as a political statement on part of their employer. Which leaves... I dunno, interior decoration, hairdressing, and professional ballet as career choices. Way to go, Land of freedom.

Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns EmptySat May 05, 2012 12:21 am

Interesting further to this. Bryan fucking Fischer, Grand Dragon of the FRC has said something that... well... I actually agree with.

Whether it's true or not, Fischer is taking credit for leading the religious right's attack on Richard Grenell, and for being responsible for his sacking. And now he says this:

Quote :
if Mitt Romney can be pushed around, intimidated, coerced, coopted by a conservative radio talk show host in Middle America, then how is he going to stand up to the Chinese? How is he going to stand up to Putin? How is he going to stand up to North Korea if he can be pushed around by a yokel like me?

Personally, I'm not bothered about Romney's foreign policy. The precedent he's set is that he will bow to religious right extremists in order to avoid confronting them. What else would he give them?

ETA: Post 1000! Whooo! Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:08 am

[quote="WD40"]Interesting further to this. Bryan fucking Fischer, Grand Dragon of the FRC has said something that... well... I actually agree with.

Whether it's true or not, Fischer is taking credit for leading the religious right's attack on Richard Grenell, and for being responsible for his sacking. And now he says this:

Quote :
if Mitt Romney can be pushed around, intimidated, coerced, coopted by a conservative radio talk show host in Middle America, then how is he going to stand up to the Chinese? How is he going to stand up to Putin? How is he going to stand up to North Korea if he can be pushed around by a yokel like me?
I lol'ed.

WD40 wrote:
Personally, I'm not bothered about Romney's foreign policy. The precedent he's set is that he will bow to religious right extremists in order to avoid confronting them. What else would he give them?
That's a scary thought. American right-wing nutjobs are a scary bunch who should never be allowed to have their prejudices become the law of the land. (Sadly, many of these crazies' prejudices are law already, but we don't need a president who will quiver in fear and hand them whatever their corrupt little hearts desire--these folks won't ever be satisifed, and letting extremists do as they please leads to some very ugly situations.)

Last edited by Lady Anne on Sat May 05, 2012 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:29 am

Mitt Romney has no backbone? I'm shocked. No, wait. Let me try again: The only time Mitt stands behind the people who work for him is when he's getting ready to push them out the door.

Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:28 am

My main question, is how is this not already common knowledge/why are people in the media bringing this up NOW?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:55 am

Reidmar wrote:
My main question, is how is this not already common knowledge/why are people in the media bringing this up NOW?
For the lols.

Also, it's election season, which means that for the next 6 months, we the people get to listen to two grown men bawwing at each other like fanbrats on steroids.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:39 am

This is why I vote for Vermin Supreme.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns EmptySat May 05, 2012 1:08 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
Still no problem with gays as long as they don't pretend to get married, teach, or occupy a position that might be interpreted as a political statement on part of their employer. Which leaves... I dunno, interior decoration, hairdressing, and professional ballet as career choices. Way to go, Land of freedom.

Quoting the Daily Show is not snark.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns EmptySat May 05, 2012 1:31 pm

TheIan wrote:
This is why I vote for Vermin Supreme.

Because that's who I'm telling you to vote for.
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

Location : on a tall ship far away from the bullshit, on the port side of course

PostSubject: Re: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:11 pm

i love your country, it's even crazier than mine

and we're setting the bar high right now
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:06 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
Quoting the Daily Show is not snark.
I don't know about the Daily Show. I call synchronicity...

I agree with what WD40 reports: Romney should either have had a staff manned exclusively by straight-backed tight-lipped incorruptible heterosexual virgins, or picked the right people for the job, regardless of who they fuck, and let it be known that he would not give in to pressure. (Okay, Grendell resigned of his own accord, but what did Romney do or say?)
EDIT: I found it.
Quote :
ROMNEY: We select people not based upon their ethnicity or their sexual preference or their gender. But upon their capability. He was a capable individual. We’re sorry to have him go and actually a whole series of the senior people on my team and my supporters called him and encouraged him to stay. But he expressed a desire to move on and I wish him the very best.
Bolding mine. Roughly I read this as, I dropped him like a dog turd on fire and left it to my underlings to express support. I didn't call him, in case he has some app that makes you catch teh gay over the phone.

He must have lost votes from the LGBT community and the moderate Republicans while not winning anything from the right-wing nutjobs who are never pleased anyway. Politically I'm as naive as it gets and even I can tell it's the worst of both worlds.

Roughly, 40% of American voters will vote Republican no matter what and the other 40% will vote Democrat no matter what. The remaining 20% decides who gets elected and it's these voters that candidates ought to seek.
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

Location : on a tall ship far away from the bullshit, on the port side of course

PostSubject: Re: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:34 pm

oh he's doing like my president

yielding to far-righters without gaining anything

hopefully he's out tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romney's spokesman resigns   Romney's spokesman resigns Empty

Back to top Go down

Romney's spokesman resigns
Page 1 of 1