Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Go down 
+11
Just Chipper
SirDixonDongs
Penguin
Reidmar
Hot Cancer
Lady Anne
Mr.Doobie
Cyberwulf
Mikey Go WOOGA
TheIan
King Bee
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street Empty
PostSubject: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:02 am

Story: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash has resigned from Sesame Street after claims that he had sex with an under-aged boy.

Last week a man accused him of having sex with him when he was a teenager, which he denied.

The next day the man recanted the charge. A lawsuit by a second accuser has been filed, according to US lawyer Cecil Singleton.

Sesame Street says the controversy surrounding his personal life was "a distraction that none of us want".

Kevin Clash, 52, created the voice and persona for Elmo in the 1980s.

The character has since become one of Sesame Street's most popular.

Kevin Clash was given a leave of absence from the children's show last week.
'Sad day'

A Sesame Street statement said: "Kevin Clash has helped us achieve a mission for 28 years and none of us, especially Kevin, want anything to divert our attention from our focus on serving as a leading educational organisation.

"The controversy surrounding Kevin's personal life has become a distraction that no-one wants, and he has concluded that he can no longer be effective in his job and has resigned from Sesame Street.

"This is a sad day for Sesame Street."

Kevin Clash did not deny the original relationship, but said it happened after the young man was an adult.

"I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest," he said in a statement. "I will not discuss it further."

Sesame Street producers defended Kevin Clash last week but said he had shown "poor judgement" in breaking company policy on using the internet.

Mr Clash was the subject of a documentary Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey last year and has also won several Daytime Emmy awards for his work on Sesame Street.

I'm not sure if this resignation is voluntary or being forced upon Clash, but either way this is a very sad day for anyone who grew up watching Sesame Street.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Quote :
Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash has resigned from Sesame Street after claims that he had sex with an under-aged boy.

Last week a man accused him of having sex with him when he was a teenager, which he denied.

The next day the man recanted the charge. A lawsuit by a second accuser has been filed, according to US lawyer Cecil Singleton.
This just reeks of attention-whoring. Pretty soon, there'll be more claims from people just in it to get money through lawsuits.

I watched a PBS documentary (by watch, I mean left the TV to divide my attention while playing WoW) and I was over all pretty surprised by his career. I mean, the guy went across Europe to teach puppetry! The guy's accomplished.

I'm not gonna miss Elmo, per se, he wasn't my favorite.

But this is a pretty hard blow.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:11 pm

Ian wrote:
This just reeks of attention-whoring.

Next week on As The WGW Turns:

The Mad Clopper goes on an inane tangent in a dead thread, can anyone stop him?

Mikey and Penguin argue about controller schemes for FPSers as if it were actually important, who will prevail?

Following Ian's post, will Cyberwulf unleash a shitstorm, even though the alleged victim is male?

STAY TUNED

But seriously. I read the entire article as "Kevin Nash." It's funnier that way.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:33 pm

TheIan wrote:
Quote :

This just reeks of attention-whoring. Pretty soon, there'll be more claims from people just in it to get money through lawsuits.
Oh, absolutely. I mean, it's just so easy to prove statutory rape, teenagers all over the US don't even bother to get jobs any more and spend all their time suing adults for FABULOUS CASH PRIZES. Hell, even if Kevin Clash did rape/molest the first guy, it's a scientifically proven fact that sexual predators only ever have one victim, you fucking, fucking idiot.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Quote :
This just reeks of attention-whoring.

Or, y'know, this guy being a rapist.

But he's Elmo so he could have never. And Rihanna killed Chris Brown's favorite hamster, or something.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:13 pm

*runs to make popcorn*
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:18 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Angry
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:02 pm

that's right theian, write me off as RRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH to avoid confronting your own despicableness
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Yeah, yeah, your delusional fantasies of intellectual superiority give you all the rights to put me down for my opinions.

GOOD WE'RE ON THE SAME SIDE
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:21 pm

TheIan wrote:
Yeah, yeah, your delusional fantasies of intellectual superiority give you all the rights to put me down for my opinions.

There are dead animals who have intellectual superiority over you. So I don't think there's any delusion on Wulf's part.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Hot Cancer wrote:
TheIan wrote:

There are dead animals who have intellectual superiority over you. So I don't think there's any delusion on Wulf's part.

As much as I hate to agree with HC... wait a second I don't hate to agree with HC at all. HC's right Ian, Wulf has the higher ground here.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:09 pm

TheIan wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Angry

So tell me, Ian. What makes you so certain that the accusers are lying scumbags in it for the money? Because the crime was rape? Or because the supposed perpetrator played a main character in a TV show that gives you nostalgic fuzzies?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 pm

TheIan wrote:

Yeah 'cause nothing gets you higher public status than saying "I was a male rape victim of the voice of Elmo."
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:01 am

Penguin wrote:
TheIan wrote:

Yeah 'cause nothing gets you higher public status than saying "I was a male rape victim of the voice of Elmo."

He should know a better target would have been an assistant coach. Colbert

Dear God, even I found that to be in bad taste.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:23 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

He should know a better target would have been an assistant coach. Colbert

Dear God, even I found that to be in bad taste.
Mikey, shut up, you have no limits, now go and say something worse.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:01 am

ian you really are a despicable piece of shit
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:27 pm

THIS JUST IN

IAN SAYS SOMETHING STUPID

EVERYONE OVERREACTS

JIMMIES GET RUSTLED

DEAD BABIES EXPLODE

CATS AND DOGS LIVING TOGETHER IN HARMONY

MASS HYSTERIA
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:43 pm

TheIan wrote:

EVERYONE OVERREACTS

Is this someone being a dumbass and then trying to take pride in and/or dress it up as trolling again?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:44 pm

TheIan wrote:
THIS JUST IN

EVERYONE OVERREACTS

Yeah TheIan, thaaaaat's it. We're all "overreacting" to you "saying something stupid". We're not smacking you for saying "he's probably making up molestation/sexual assault charges for attention and moneys". Because that's what you said. Stop flailing and own it.

And it has nothing to do with "intellectual superiority", it has to do with me being a ghoul and reading books/watching documentaries about sex offenders while you sit around picking lint out of your navel. The percentage of sexual assault charges that are false is about 8%. Sex offenders are rarely charged/convicted after assaulting just one person. Sex offenders who prey on boys tend to have more victims than those who prey on girls. So perhaps the second guy is lying for attention and money (although why would anyone want to) but on balance he probably isn't.

For that matter, we don't know why the first guy recanted.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Fuck you, Ian.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:42 pm

sorry y'all but you need to all shut the fuck up because your ""jimmies" are """russled""""

ps.. ian i read your posts in martin prince's voice my good friend and I must say it fits very well
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:02 pm

I...I think I get it now.

I think I finally understand WGW.

Everyone here confuses ignorance for malice and reacts in turn.

This explains so much.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:08 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
I...I think I get it now.

I think I finally understand WGW.

Everyone here confuses ignorance for malice and reacts in turn.

This explains so much.

no we're just angry horrible people who enjoy shitting down each others throats for fun and sexual jollies
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:
no we're just angry horrible people who enjoy shitting down each others throats for fun and sexual jollies

I'd ask if you if you fap to our wank but I'm pretty sure I already know the answer and also I am not entirely comfortable with self-referential puns.

edit:

Cyberwulf wrote:
Yeah TheIan, thaaaaat's it. We're all "overreacting" to you "saying something stupid". We're not smacking you for saying "he's probably making up molestation/sexual assault charges for attention and moneys". Because that's what you said. Stop flailing and own it.

To his credit that is a pretty stupid thing to say.

Last edited by TheHedonist on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:14 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
SirDixonDongs wrote:

I'd ask if you if you fap to our wank but I'm pretty sure I already know the answer and also I am not entirely comfortable with self-referential puns.

i prefer more of a challenge tbh actually
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street   Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street Empty

Back to top Go down

Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next