Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EA CEO Resigns

Go down 
+12
WD40
Cyberwulf
Reepicheep-chan
TheIan
Aggie
Disco Stu
V3N0M
Kakashifan727
Penguin
Mikey Go WOOGA
bleachedblackcat
ZOOLANDER
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZOOLANDER
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
ZOOLANDER

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:46 am

click it, bitches

Quote :
In an internal letter to EA employees obtained by The Wall Street Journal, Mr Riccitiello said his decision to resign was motivated by the company's "financial shortcomings" over the past financial year.

"It currently looks like we will come in at the low end of, or slightly below, the financial guidance we issued to the Street, and we have fallen short of the internal operating plan we set one year ago," he wrote. "And for that, I am 100 per cent accountable."

Are you sure that's all you did? You didn't authorize the Sims team's liaison with The Sims Resource? Wow, guess EA higher-ups really were that clueless.

Quote :
Mr Riccitiello's resignation comes about two weeks after its disastrous global launch of SimCity where server issues which left hundreds of thousands of users unable to access the game.

The company came under huge criticism for its "online only policy". Its servers crashed and people were only able to access the game after EA stripped certain features from the game in order to lighten the burden on its systems.

One EA employee even wrote an open letter to the company, accusing it of betraying its own internal values.

When your own employees are publicly chewing you out, don't you think that's a sign you need to change course?

Quote :
EA made no reference to SimCity in a statement released this morning.

Which means they have learned absolutely jack shit from any of this. They're just going to keep making the same stupid mistakes until the company goes bust.

There's a link in that article to the anonymous employee's letter. Go on, read it. It says everything that gamers have been saying about EA for years now and more. If Riccitello's successor has even half a brain, he or she will kill the DRM, apologize (not just for SimCity, but for Sims 3, Madden, Command and Conquer and every other franchise they've fucked up), fix broken games and/or issue refunds.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:41 am

Fucking EA.

I love how for the Sims 3 (yes I play it) they give a game... and then released TONS of content for sale on the site for only the low, low cost of several dollars! And then have the balls to be surprised when the players start sharing the content with one another. Here's an idea EA, don't halve the content of the game just to make more money. And that's only one game series!

Quote :
Personally, I think we’ve never been in a better position as a company. You have made enormous progress in improving product quality. You are now generating more revenue on fewer titles by making EA’s games better and bigger.

Screw you.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Quote :
One EA employee even wrote an open letter to the company, accusing it of betraying its own internal values.

Umm.

Was EA ever shy about their only internal motive being "MONEYMONEYMONEYALLTHEFUCKINGMONEY"?

That's fine and all, as long as your fucking games, you know, work.

Clopper, in his one decent thread/post ever wrote:
If Riccitello's successor has even half a brain, he or she will kill the DRM, apologize (not just for SimCity, but for Sims 3, Madden, Command and Conquer and every other franchise they've fucked up), fix broken games and/or issue refunds.

If he doesn't actually fix Mass Effect 3 I'm going to put my foot square in his balls.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
That's fine and all, as long as your fucking games, you know, work.

If he doesn't actually fix Mass Effect 3 I'm going to put my foot square in his balls.

You just answered your own fucking question.

The fucking thing about EfuckingA is that their games don't fucking work. Case in motherfuckin' point: SimCity.

Something near and dear to all our hearts: Mass Effect 3

You can't tell me that ending wasn't the result of publisher-forced dev crunch ass-pulling
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:25 pm

I haven't even played Mass Effect 3 because I want to keep the games dear to my heart. The only reason I've played any newer EA games is because my bio-dad knows that I like the Sims games and has gotten them for me.
Back to top Go down
Kakashifan727
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Only EA game i play was the Sims 3. That was it and I believe that shall be it. Fuckers, I swear mods are the best thing since sliced bread. The default options are shit for most stuff, skins clothes, etc. CC is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:43 am

Riccitiello wanted to charge people subscription fees for single-player games.

Actually, pretty much all the big name publishers are awful and most of the indie game devs are too. the big studios are risk averse and rarely release anything that isn't a rehash of another game. The indie devs make browser games without the browser and lots of randumb humor (nazi dinosaurs, etc.) I wouldn't pay 60 dollars for most of the big name games but I wouldn't pay a dollar for most of the indie ones (star citizen and planetary annihilation look cool though.)
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:00 am

Shit, the rehash issue just isn't with games, however. A ton of movies are remakes and sequels. American mass media has its head so far up its own ass. A ton of games suck, but the good ones lack the stuff to actually make it work.

Was so excited to play ME3, too. EA CEO Resigns 309696
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:28 am

V3N0M wrote:
Riccitiello wanted to charge people subscription fees for single-player games.

Actually, pretty much all the big name publishers are awful and most of the indie game devs are too. the big studios are risk averse and rarely release anything that isn't a rehash of another game. The indie devs make browser games without the browser and lots of randumb humor (nazi dinosaurs, etc.) I wouldn't pay 60 dollars for most of the big name games but I wouldn't pay a dollar for most of the indie ones (star citizen and planetary annihilation look cool though.)

How the fuck did he think he would accomplish that?!

Disco Stu wrote:
Shit, the rehash issue just isn't with games, however. A ton of movies are remakes and sequels. American mass media has its head so far up its own ass. A ton of games suck, but the good ones lack the stuff to actually make it work.

Was so excited to play ME3, too. EA CEO Resigns 309696

Go ahead and play Mass Effect 3, but stop when you get a mission called Priority: Earth. If you stop there, the game is actually pretty good (Tuchanka, for example, was actually quite possibly the highlight of the entire series).

Also, the only DLCs that are worth the money are Leviathan and Citadel.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:42 am

I'm not dumb enough to waste money to buy DLC. In fact, I have the plan in place to buy Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition, since it comes with all its DLC included. And I would do the same with Fallout New Vegas, and when Bethesda gets around to it, Skyrim.

If EA could fuck up anything, it'd be a Mass Effect collection, all three games with their DLC, which, like Capcom, requires money to buy a key to access the content locked on the disc.

But that's all worst-case scenario.

Also, a Need for Speed movie. Who wants to bet EA will charge micro-transactions for certain scenes so the movie will make sense?
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:48 am

TheIan wrote:

Also, a Need for Speed movie. Who wants to bet EA will charge micro-transactions for certain scenes so the movie will make sense?

Wouldn't put it past them.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:19 am

Game of the Year versions are ideal, but IMO the Fallout: New Vegas DLC was worth the money, Old World Blues in particular. Shit, I would have bought Old World Blues as a stand-alone game.

Of course I am p pissed at Bethesda for its issues with running games on PS3 that it knew about starting with Fallout 3 and did nothing to fix, releasing at least two game they knew were fataly flawed when played on the wrong consol. As much as I love New Vegas there is no way I am getting Fallout 3 or Skyrim as it stands.

IDK, I like Nintendo, they rarely try to screw me over.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 am

why the fuck would anyone make a need for speed movie

have there not been five fast and furious movies

half the fun of need for speed underground was customising the car bc most of us cant drive around wit spinners and neon and shit

how do you replicate that in a movie
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
why the fuck would anyone make a need for speed movie

have there not been five fast and furious movies

half the fun of need for speed underground was customising the car bc most of us cant drive around wit spinners and neon and shit

how do you replicate that in a movie
Excessive montages of flashy slow-motion camera-work done to skull-crushing bass techno and/or dubstep? EA CEO Resigns 367135
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:28 pm

They need to find the fucking putz who decided to make a movie about an EA game and then picked the EA game with the absolute LEAST actual story content? I mean, you have SO MANY OPTIONS on what to do with a movie if they had picked some Mass Effect setting. You could probably make an entire movie just with the Thorian and Feros.

They may even write an ending to the Reaper fight at Earth that's not completely pants on head retarded.

But no. They make a movie about a game where you uh, drive fast. May as well have made an NHL 13 movie. If they put in some locker room shenanigans and grudges between teams/goons, it probably would have been more interesting.

PS: PS3 is for tards.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
They need to find the fucking putz who decided to make a movie about an EA game and then picked the EA game with the absolute LEAST actual story content? I mean, you have SO MANY OPTIONS on what to do with a movie if they had picked some Mass Effect setting.

The lack of story is almost certainly why they chose that game to make a film out of. That way you can take any story involving cars and BOOM, Need for Speed movie. Pick up any cheap script, slap a new title on it, start filming. Save money, don't think, proceed straight to theatres.

Besides, have you seen any film in which Hollywood has taken a video game with an established story and tried to make a film out of it? Do you really want to see them try and tackle Mass Effect?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:59 pm

WD40 wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
They need to find the fucking putz who decided to make a movie about an EA game and then picked the EA game with the absolute LEAST actual story content? I mean, you have SO MANY OPTIONS on what to do with a movie if they had picked some Mass Effect setting.

The lack of story is almost certainly why they chose that game to make a film out of. That way you can take any story involving cars and BOOM, Need for Speed movie. Pick up any cheap script, slap a new title on it, start filming. Save money, don't think, proceed straight to theatres.

Besides, have you seen any film in which Hollywood has taken a video game with an established story and tried to make a film out of it? Do you really want to see them try and tackle Mass Effect?

Could they fuck up the ending any worse than EA did?

The problem with Mass Effect is that at least SOME people are going to be pissed no matter what you do.

If you make a Renegade Shepard, overweight manchildren like Somath will shit a chicken.

If you make a Paragon Shepard, people who grew out of Superman-esque boring heroes when they turned seven will riot.

If you make a male Shepard, Reepy and Cyberwulf will get their ovaries in a knot.

If you make a female Shepard Mikey will fap V3nom will get his nuts in a twist.

But still, as long as you don't COMPLETELY fuck it up, like they did with ME3's ending, at least some people will be happy. Nobody smarter than your average labradoodle is going to like a Need for Speed movie.

And like I said, they don't even need to make a movie about the entire main storyline or anything. Either Feros or Noveria could be an "Alien" sort of movie by itself. You could make an entire trilogy out of the first game, and you could sort of split the different between Renegade and Paragon without the dumbass penalty of never being good enough at either to get anything out of it like in the game. AND you could leave it at that and make believe that the almost irrelevant second game and depressingly badly written third game don't fucking exist, with you having saved the galaxy forever upon stopping Sovereign, leaving the other Reapers stranded in Dark Space for all time.

Really, as long as you end up making sweet, tender love to the purple alien girl, Mikey will be happy. Fap
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Really, as long as you end up making sweet, tender love to the purple alien girl, Mikey will be happy. Fap

Mikey is a bulbous neckbeard.

Real men make sweet, tender love to the blue alien girl. EA CEO Resigns 961878
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Penguin wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Either I have a problem seeing between blue and purple, or EVERY OTHER HUMAN on Earth has a problem seeing between blue and purple.

I think it's everyone else, because we all know Mikey is handsome, good at everything, and a generally flawless human being.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:50 pm

My point is dudes who romance Tali creep me the fuck right out.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Tali is Loli option, yeah?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Penguin wrote:

Oh.

I was talking about Liara. I'm 95% certain Tali wasn't a romance option in the first game.

What was it I did... I think I had Male Paragon Shepard romance Ashely, and stick with Ashley, and had Renegade FemShep boink Liara and then Garrus.

Not like ANY of your actions really had much consequence in the end because LOLSTARCHILD
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Tali is Loli option, yeah?

Nnnn....errrrgh... not by the game where she's actually a romance option, no. She is arguably the most purple of the alien girls given her outfit.

But the fact is she starts the trilogy as basically a teenager on her rite of passage to adulthood -which was what generated the interest her to begin with and Bioware USED to listen to fans- and she's basically catering to every creepy vulnerability fetish out there plus mystery because her true appearance is locked away inside her suit while she's this sassy techno-nerd

I mean, Tali is an awesome character and all, and I genuinely felt like an asshole when I had my Shepard turn down her clumsy advances in ME2, but

That's the thing. She's a neckbeard's wet dream and if you pay attention she really has no business being with you because you'll just make her sick and break her heart, despite her childish fantasies about romance with the dashing captain

I mean, if you never romance her as a male Shepard, there'll be that moment where you have to be the bad guy and say "I'm flattered, but no thanks." But you'll still have an awesome crew member who's like a fully actualized person and a blast to have around instead of The Doting Girlfriend.
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Oh.

I was talking about Liara. I'm 95% certain Tali wasn't a romance option in the first game.

What was it I did... I think I had Male Paragon Shepard romance Ashely, and stick with Ashley, and had Renegade FemShep boink Liara and then Garrus.

Not like ANY of your actions really had much consequence in the end because LOLSTARCHILD
Awwwww dude Liara's blue as hell

Got purple freckles tho', I'll give you that
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:14 pm

Penny wrote:
I mean, Tali is an awesome character and all, and I genuinely felt like an asshole when I had my Shepard turn down her clumsy advances in ME2, but

Ha. Mikey was hellbent on making Renegade Shep as Renegade as possible. As such Mikey skipped the Paragon option to comfort the genuinely friendly, witty, likeable engineer as she was having a complete mental breakdown over the death of her father.

Even Mikey felt bad about that. EA CEO Resigns 309696

Spoiler:

As much as they eventually fucked up EVERYTHING, the scenes that were meant to be impactful were very impactful.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Either I have a problem seeing between blue and purple, or EVERY OTHER HUMAN on Earth has a problem seeing between blue and purple.

I think it's everyone else, because we all know Mikey is handsome, good at everything, and a generally flawless human being.

How about a green alien girl?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EA CEO Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns Empty

Back to top Go down

EA CEO Resigns
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next