Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EA CEO Resigns

Go down 
+12
WD40
Cyberwulf
Reepicheep-chan
TheIan
Aggie
Disco Stu
V3N0M
Kakashifan727
Penguin
Mikey Go WOOGA
bleachedblackcat
ZOOLANDER
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:12 am

xerrofoot wrote:
How about a green alien girl?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:45 am

bleachedblackcat wrote:
Sims 3

I was just trying to get Create-A-World running again (surprise surprise, they never patch the game and tools at the same time) and I found this:

1.50 Super Patch

According to the modding gurus, this basically fixes a metric fuckton of stuff right up to Seasons EP. Maybe Riccitello's successor is already beating Maxoids' heads together? Goddess, I hope so.
Back to top Go down
GeorgeUK
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Does this mean there's finally going to be a PC port of Tiger Woods PGA Tour again?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:00 pm

GeorgeUK wrote:
Does this mean there's finally going to be a PC port of Tiger Woods PGA Tour again?

None of what you said there was appealing.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:53 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
GeorgeUK wrote:

None of what you said there was appealing.

Finally, something we agree on.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:57 am

xerrofoot wrote:
..."And for that, I am 100 per cent accountable."

Well, credit where it's due...not many management types say such things. Most of them try to pass the blame to everyone else in an attempt to exhonerate themselves. Much as I hate EA (mainly due to them buying Bioware and ruining their Dragon Age franchise), I have to respect him for that.
Back to top Go down
Rulke55

PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 3:33 am

Latest news

EA new CEO has come out with press release, it's up to you how you feel, but whether it comes across arrogant or condescending, it something.

EA’s Peter Moore: “We can do better”

Quote :
The tallest trees catch the most wind.

That’s an expression I frequently use when asked to defend EA’s place in the gaming industry. And it comes to mind again this week as we get deeper into the brackets of an annual Web poll to name the “Worst Company in America.”

This is the same poll that last year judged us as worse than companies responsible for the biggest oil spill in history, the mortgage crisis, and bank bailouts that cost millions of taxpayer dollars. The complaints against us last year were our support of SOPA (not true), and that they didn’t like the ending to Mass Effect 3.

This year’s contest started in March with EA outpolling a company which organizers contend is conspiring to corner the world market on mid-priced beer, and (gulp) allegedly waters down its product. That debate takes place in bars – our audience lives on the Internet. So no surprise that we drew more votes there.

Let me cut to the chase: it appears EA is going to “win.” Like the Yankees, Lakers and Manchester United, EA is one of those organizations that is defined by both a legacy of success, and a legion of critics (especially me regarding all three of those teams).

Are we really the “Worst Company in America?” I’ll be the first to admit that we’ve made plenty of mistakes. These include server shut downs too early, games that didn’t meet expectations, missteps on new pricing models and most recently, severely fumbling the launch of SimCity. We owe gamers better performance than this.

Some of these complaints are 100 percent legitimate – like all large companies we are not perfect. But others just don’t hold water:

Many continue to claim the Always-On function in SimCity is a DRM scheme. It’s not. People still want to argue about it. We can’t be any clearer – it’s not. Period.

Some claim there’s no room for Origin as a competitor to Steam. 45 million registered users are proving that wrong.

Some people think that free-to-play games and micro-transactions are a pox on gaming. Tens of millions more are playing and loving those games.

We’ve seen mailing lists that direct people to vote for EA because they disagree with the choice of the cover athlete on Madden NFL. Yes, really…

In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America.

That last one is particularly telling. If that’s what makes us the worst company, bring it on. Because we’re not caving on that.

We are committed to fixing our mistakes. Over the last three weeks, 900,000 SimCity players took us up on a free game offer for their troubles. We owed them that. We’re constantly listening to feedback from our players, through our Customer Experience group, Twitter, this blog, or other sites. The feedback is vital, and impacts the decisions we make.

I expect the debate will include a lot of comments under this post. But here’s the truth: each year EA interacts with more than 350 million gamers; Origin is breaking records for revenue and users; The Simpsons: Tapped Out and Real Racing 3 are at the top of the mobile charts; Battlefield 3 and FIFA are stunning achievements with tens of millions of players; and SimCity is being enjoyed by millions of passionate fans all over the world.

Every day, millions of people across globe play and love our games – literally, hundreds of millions more than will vote in this contest.

So here’s my response to this poll: We can do better. We will do better. But I am damn proud of this company, the people around the globe who work at EA, the games we create and the people that play them.

The tallest trees catch the most wind. At EA we remain proud and unbowed.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:54 am

Quote :
This is the same poll that last year judged us as worse than companies responsible for the biggest oil spill in history, the mortgage crisis, and bank bailouts that cost millions of taxpayer dollars. The complaints against us last year were our support of SOPA (not true), and that they didn’t like the ending to Mass Effect 3.

It's a goddamn web poll, you fucking idiot, of course the perma/v/irgins are going to overwhelm it and ruin it. Also, the oil spill has been cleaned up, ME3's ending is still hot garbage.

And BP isn't even an American company anyway. It's British (hence BRITISH Petroleum), and therefore automatically bad. It shouldn't have been in the poll in the first place.

Quote :
We’ve seen mailing lists that direct people to vote for EA because they disagree with the choice of the cover athlete on Madden NFL. Yes, really…

That's what you get for putting Peyton Hillis on it over Hines Ward. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:18 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
why the fuck would anyone make a need for speed movie

have there not been five fast and furious movies

Six if you count the one that's scheduled to be released late next month.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 10:25 am

Quote :

This is the same poll that last year judged us as worse than companies responsible for the biggest oil spill in history, the mortgage crisis, and bank bailouts that cost millions of taxpayer dollars.

That's what you get for selling broken games with even more broken DRM. People want to take their minds off the crapsack land of capitalist sociopathy that is the USA and you're only rubbing salt in their wounds.

Quote :
This year’s contest started in March with EA outpolling a company which organizers contend is conspiring to corner the world market on mid-priced beer, and (gulp) allegedly waters down its product. That debate takes place in bars – our audience lives on the Internet. So no surprise that we drew more votes there.

Quote :
Many continue to claim the Always-On function in SimCity is a DRM scheme. It’s not. People still want to argue about it. We can’t be any clearer – it’s not. Period.

Oh yeah? Well, what is it then? Why can't folks just install their game and play it offline? And don't give me that social media crap, no-one I know uses those features. I turned off Store Mode in Sims 3 myself.

Quote :
In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America.

That last one is particularly telling. If that’s what makes us the worst company, bring it on. Because we’re not caving on that.

OK, you get points for that.

Quote :
We are committed to fixing our mistakes.

I bloody hope so.

Quote :
Over the last three weeks, 900,000 SimCity players took us up on a free game offer for their troubles. We owed them that. We’re constantly listening to feedback from our players, through our Customer Experience group, Twitter, this blog, or other sites. The feedback is vital, and impacts the decisions we make.

It's about bloody time EA started listening to their customers properly.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Looks like EA is considered the worst company this year. Again

Of course, this means that they're going to be all ANTIGAY PEOPLES ARE BEHIND THIS!!!!1111 in place of fixing their problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA CEO Resigns   EA CEO Resigns - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

EA CEO Resigns
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2