Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names

Go down 
+21
SirDixonDongs
rae
Aggie
bleachedblackcat
Lady Anne
Cyberwulf
Reidmar
WD40
V3N0M
Chris91
Mikey Go WOOGA
TheHedonist
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Mr.Doobie
grmblfjx
Jay/Cris
Disco Stu
Sparrow
ZOOLANDER
Reepicheep-chan
Penguin
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ZOOLANDER
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
ZOOLANDER

Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:29 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
I thought the question is, are you a slut? If I remember the finer points of schoolyard debates from elementary school, sluts don't get paid, but whores do!

These differences are very important, see?

<--- Slutty McTramp, just for the record.

I heard it in high school (well, read it in graffiti, anyway) that "sluts get paid to go home, whores get paid to stay".
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:45 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
<--- Slutty McTramp, just for the record.
^Wishful thinking, for the record.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:09 am

Dunno, man- I think he's saying he'll fuck anyone who lets him, and I can totally believe that.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:38 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Dunno, man- I think he's saying he'll fuck anyone who lets him, and I can totally believe that.

Or anyone who pretends not to let me, for that matter.... Wink
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:11 am

...You come back a week later, in order to make a rape joke? Jesus, you're not even trying to pretend anymore.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Yes, trying to pretend is MY job.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Yes, trying to pretend is MY job.

I thought you pretended to try. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 am

grmblfjx wrote:

He'd shag a corpse if he had the chance. He's just that sick.
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Lol at how letting in women for free to draw more paying customers is acceptable but giving drinks mean names isn't. Feminists can dish it out but they can't take it.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:17 am

V3N0M wrote:
Lol at how letting in women for free to draw more paying customers is acceptable but giving drinks mean names isn't. Feminists can dish it out but they can't take it.

What?

Who brought feminism into this?

When did Feminists insist on ladies nights? (Or date-rape nights, whichever you prefer.) How can you see "Business exploits women customers, turning them into a customer draw" is in any way a feminist ideal.

And you don't have to be a feminist to think that naming cocktails Winey Bitch and Red-Headed Slut is sexist.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:23 am

WD40 wrote:
"Business exploits women customers, turning them into a customer draw"

LOLWUT

How is letting women into a venue for free - FOR FREE - exploitation? Next you'll be telling me kids feeding the animals at petting zoos is child labour.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:31 am

xerrofoot wrote:
WD40 wrote:
"Business exploits women customers, turning them into a customer draw"

LOLWUT

How is letting women into a venue for free - FOR FREE - exploitation? Next you'll be telling me kids feeding the animals at petting zoos is child labour.

Because it's basically putting a glowing sign over your bar door saying: "CHICKS GET DRUNK HERE QUICKER"

You can call it good business practice. I think it's tacky and exploitative.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 am

WD40 wrote:
See, that's the thing, you can't REALLY call it tacky and exploitative unless you're going to consider what all OTHER business venues do as well, coupons for grocery stores that over charge? Exploitative. All you can choke on buffets? Tacky/exploitative. Dry Cleaners? Exploitative of poorer/lower income people.Alcohol? Exploitative. See where I'm going with this? Now, granted it IS much more visible to give women free shit then be like 'oh, I didn't know she'd get drunk and -insert sexual reference/comment here- with 6 guys at the same time LOL!'. But in reality, don't all businesses exploit people?
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:28 am

Reidmar wrote:
WD40 wrote:
See, that's the thing, you can't REALLY call it tacky and exploitative unless you're going to consider what all OTHER business venues do as well, coupons for grocery stores that over charge? Exploitative. All you can choke on buffets? Tacky/exploitative. Dry Cleaners? Exploitative of poorer/lower income people.Alcohol? Exploitative. See where I'm going with this? Now, granted it IS much more visible to give women free shit then be like 'oh, I didn't know she'd get drunk and -insert sexual reference/comment here- with 6 guys at the same time LOL!'. But in reality, don't all businesses exploit people?

This. Basically, capitalism at work.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:42 am

Reidmar wrote:
you can't REALLY call it tacky and exploitative unless you're going to consider what all OTHER business venues do as well,
"oh gawd white western feminist why aren't you talking about bride burnings in india instead of your petty little problems"

Reidmar wrote:
But in reality, don't all businesses exploit people?
oh well i guess when you put it that way human trafficking is no big deal
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:30 am

Reidmar wrote:
WD40 wrote:

WD40's point was that Ladies' Night uses women to make more money off men. How do dry cleaners use poor people to make money off others? How is alcohol in and off itself exploitative? Exploiting who? How? I'm not even following your analogy here.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:36 am

WD40 wrote:
V3N0M wrote:

What?

When did Feminists insist on ladies nights? (Or date-rape nights, whichever you prefer.) How can you see "Business exploits women customers, turning them into a customer draw" is in any way a feminist ideal.

And you don't have to be a feminist to think that naming cocktails Winey Bitch and Red-Headed Slut is sexist.

Wasn't V3nom that Love-Shy guy who thought the government had to help him get his dick wet?
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 am

It's profitable because it takes less (theoretically speaking) to get a woman drunk. Straight bars employ this tactic because lots of people go in bars to hook up/flirt/have fun and guys are more likely to buy girls drinks, whereas a guy by himself would only buy X amount. A lot of these bars are gross dive places where a person rarely sees girls (aside from a bartender or two) and the guys are the seedy, sexist, unfun types. But then it's also exploitative. Protip: gay bars are more fun, less exploitative and some even do drives like bring a can of food to get in tonight! The can will go to the homeless/lgbt groups. They are more fun to be in, I think. Nice pubs are good, too.

Most of the time, a ladies night sign is a giant neon sign saying WE ARE TRASHY. Which is fine if that's your thing. And hell, if you got your own clientele and are experienced you can rename drinks. A redheaded slut can become Milli Vanilli's G-String. It's no big deal.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Ladies' Day is the worst thing ever. A mob of incompetent, stuck up, unbelievably slow fucking idiot women who can barely grip a golf club at the right fucking end descend on a golf course as if it were a social event and ruin it for the actual golfers.

But if you have a problem with Ladies' Day/Night/Dusk/Leap year or drink names that offend you, don't go to those promotions and either don't order those drinks or, even better, don't go to the bars that serve them. You can take your money and genitals (the only two things that matter, in the end) elsewhere. You can spend your money on things that don't piss you off and businesses can be free to operate.

Mikey? Well, Mikey would order a drink called "Mikey is an Ignorant Tool" if it has a large amount of alcohol in it and is reasonably priced. Because priorities. Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 588739
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
WD40 wrote:
V3N0M wrote:

What?

Wasn't V3nom that Love-Shy guy who thought the government had to help him get his dick wet?

Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 724940 No.

As for who brought feminists into this, do you know anyone else who gets offended over every minor slight, real or imagined? Aside from trannies I mean?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:13 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
WD40 wrote:
V3N0M wrote:

What?

No, you're thinking of...I wanna say Strychnine. The guy who wailed that he wouldn't know "what [he] would find" if he put his hand in his girlfriend's underwear. I said it at the time, but I swear he expected his girlfriend to physically take off his pants and actually put his dick in her for him.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:41 pm

V3N0M wrote:
As for who brought feminists into this, do you know anyone else who gets offended over every minor slight, real or imagined? Aside from trannies I mean?

Oh. I see. That's where you're coming from.

This conversation's over then.
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:03 pm

WD40 wrote:
V3N0M wrote:

Oh. I see. That's where you're coming from.

This conversation's over then.

Oh, I see, sounds like you got nothing throw back at me. And considering you take an idiot like manboobz seriously that's not surprising.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:48 pm

V3N0M wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:
WD40 wrote:
V3N0M wrote:

What?

Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 724940 No.

You?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names   Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names - Page 2 453357 C'mon peeps, lets fan the tensions up more.
Back to top Go down

Nightclub faces backlash over sexist cocktail names
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next