Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend Empty
PostSubject: 4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend   4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:16 pm

...take over Fort Stewart (in Georgia)
...(maybe) bomb the Forsyth Park fountain in Savannah
...blow up a dam in Washington State
...and poison the apple crop there
...overthrow the government
and assassinate the president.

They murdered two people and spent nearly $90,000 on wapons and bomb components, so I guess they were pretty serious. But how would three privates ans a sargeant come up with that kind of scratch? Well...

Quote :
Pauley said Aguigui (one of the privates) funded the militia using $500,000 in insurance and benefit payments from the death of his pregnant wife a year ago. Aguigui was not charged in his wife’s death, but Pauley (one of the prosecutors in the case) told the judge her death was “highly suspicious.”

They are being charged with "malice murder, felony murder, criminal gang activity, aggravated assault and using a firearm with committing a felony," and who knows what else later on.

ediited to fix quote tags and a typo

Last edited by rachel on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: 4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend   4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:05 pm

...That is not how military coups work, people.

Oh my god.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend   4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:11 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:

Oh my god.

If you count failures as how they work, this is exactly how they work... oh, I'd say 90% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: 4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend   4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Penguin wrote:
Snake Bandage wrote:

Oh my god.

If you count failures as how they work, this is exactly how they work... oh, I'd say 90% of the time.
No, I pretty much only thought of successful ones... We don't have enough wackos staging shitty military coups here to remember this is usually how it goes. Upset
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend   4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:55 pm

It's not an "around here" thing. A couple seconds on Google or Wikipedia and you'll be able to find a shitload of coups around the world, military or otherwise, that were plotted by complete idiots and ended in spectacular failure.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend   4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Quote :
Malice Murder

Quote :
Felony Murder

I'm Officer WOOGA from the Redundancy Department of Redundancy. I'm here to talk to you about your use of adjectives to describe nouns that already imply the adjectives. "Malice Murder" is one thing, if you consider something like manslaughter to be a murder lacking in malice. But to say "felony murder" is a waste of letters. Do me a favor, just say "murder" when you mean felony murder. There's only cause to clarify if it's somehow misdemeanor murder.

I'm going to let you off with a warning this time [strike]because this is lame schtick and I have no real power[/quote] because it's your first offense, just be careful in the future.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: 4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend   4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:20 am

Update: The alleged ringleader of the plot was a page at the Republican National Convention in 2008. Of course, it's just a coincidence that he was plotting to overthrow the government and assasinate Obama.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: 4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend   4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:53 am

Penguin wrote:
It's not an "around here" thing. A couple seconds on Google or Wikipedia and you'll be able to find a shitload of coups around the world, military or otherwise, that were plotted by complete idiots and ended in spectacular failure.

Not to drag my personal bugbears into the discussion but... The EDL (and several of it's predecessors) have been threatening this in Britain since around 1940 (and probably previous).

And let's not forget that one of those nationalist coups, despite the successful murders of a large number of people, fell flat on its face not too long ago, the ringleader was recently sentenced. The fact that it isn't referred to as such does not take away from the fact that this was his intention.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend   4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend Empty

Back to top Go down

4 soldiers killed a former comrade and his girlfriend
Page 1 of 1