Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K

Go down 
+21
woodywoo0100
Verandering
saeku
Snoof
Exodia's Right Leg
TheHermit
KGarrett
Grimley Fieendish
Penguin
KJM
Poke_Freak
Raziel the Wise
Braigwen
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Mae Bedlam
Miraba
Manny
gaijinguy
Somath Cegem
Tillian
Lysander
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K Empty
PostSubject: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Well, this guy thinks that Warhammer 40,000 and it's assorted books/tabletop games/video games are an evil tool of the New World Order. He's a 9/11 Truther, and is about as sane as you expect people who seriously use the phrase "New World Order" to be.

He doesn't seem to grasp the concept that it's not really a kid's game, and that it's heavily laden with parody aspects and isn't the least bit serious, but, while the article is pretty lulzy, that's not why I'm posting this.

No, I'm posting this for what's at the bottom. His "message to gamers," dedicated to the people who responded to this misguided bashing of a beloved nerd franchise in the predictable manner of the fanboy.

Quote :
You don't even try to hear me. This isn't hard. You don't get it because you don't WANT to get it. You self excuse the worst behavior I've ever seen in my life. You are not entitled to abuse anyone you like at will. Why do you think you are?

Good God. What a bunch of bad mouthed children you are.

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH BETTER I AM THAN YOU.

Quote :
If you don't like what I'm saying, too bad. Deal with it. It's not my problem, it is your problem.

I don't care if you disagree. I don't care what you think. You can take or leave what I'm asking people to consider. It's a question, not a debate. It's not about my take against yours. It's about thinking. For yourself. And deciding, for yourself, whether there is something there to think about.

I'M NOT CLOSED-MINDED, YOU ARE.

Quote :
If you see something there to consider, then consider it. If you don't, then don't. If it doesn't appeal to you then move along. I don't care what you decide.

JUST BECAUSE I WROTE AN ARTICLE DECRYING SOMETHING BECAUSE IT HARMS CHILDREN, DOESN'T MEAN I ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT KIDS. GO AHEAD AND FUCKING DESTROY YOUR MINDS, YOU DELUDED FILTH.

Quote :
This is a personal exercise, an offer, to ponder something that some people have never thought about.

I THOUGHT I COULD OFFER A FRESH PERSPECTIVE, AFTER THE FIFTEEN SECONDS OF INTENSE RESEARCH I DID.

Quote :
It's for you to decide where you stand. I don't want to hear your "position". Listen to your own position. I'm not a part of it. I don't care what your position is. You can't even grasp the concept here.

YOU SHOULDN'T INTERRUPT ME WHILE I'M MASTURBATING ONTO MY BLOG, JUST BECAUSE I'M COMPLETELY MISSING THE POINT.

Quote :
No one came barging into your territory to trash you and diss the game and tell you all where to go. ONE OF YOU took my web page and my personal email address without asking and threw me down before you spoiled brats to be sacrificed. I am the victim here not you. You are so selfish and nasty it's disgusting.

SHAME ON YOU FOR SHARING INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET. BAAAAAAAAAAWL!

Quote :
As to my web page, this is simple. Do you pay for my web page? No.
Do you have any say about what I put on my personal web page? No.
Do you have any right to get in my face about anything on my web page? No.

FREE SPEECH BELONGS TO ME! MEEEEEEE! YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY!

Quote :
You're wasting my time and proving my point exactly. You think like thugs, not like responsible adults. You want to lash out and can't handle anything that isn't exactly the way you want it. There's no excuse to act like that.

I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO WHINE ABOUT A GAME I DON'T LIKE. YOU ARE ALL THUGS FOR WHINING ABOUT AN ARTICLE YOU DIDN'T LIKE.

Quote :
This is reality. I decide what I think, not you.

AND BECAUSE I'M AN IMPORTANT BLOGGER, I ALSO DECIDE WHAT YOU THINK.

Quote :
I'm not obligated to you and you have no right at all to get in my face.

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO GET IN MY FACE BY SENDING ME MESSAGES FROM INSIDE YOUR OWN HOME AND NEVER ACTUALLY MEETING ME IN PERSON.

Quote :
I don't know where you are coming from but you have blown any chance of being taken seriously. You're just inane.

THAT'S A DIAGNOSIS FROM DOCTOR BLOGGER, M.D.

Quote :
Feel whatever you want to, think whatever you want to. I do not care. Live and let live. To each his own. End of subject. Now don't bug me anymore. I'm not your baby-sitter. I'm not responsible for you. YOU ARE.

YOU AND THE FLUORIDE IN THE WATER.

tl:dr Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tillian

Tillian

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:15 am

God, Jack Thomson again? I don't know who's the worse offender, him or Fox News?

Thank the gaming gods that he got disbarred from pacticing law, otherwise who knows what hi-jinks he's going to being on the table.

Funny enough, when the news of him being disbarred being called out on that day, every development company brought cakes and booze to start up a party about him being disbarred, including Rockstar. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:43 am

Now I've always been a fan of the Fantasy game myself, it's been around longer, the rules a simpler, plus it has dwarfs. That said I love me some Inquisitor which is firmly entrenched in the 40K world, maybe even deeper than the original game.

So this post needs, More Funny!

Quote :
You don't even try to hear me. This isn't hard. You don't get it because you don't WANT to get it. You self excuse the worst behavior I've ever seen in my life. You are not entitled to abuse anyone you like at will. Why do you think you are?

Good God. What a bunch of bad mouthed children you are.

Fuck You! Wait...

Quote :
If you don't like what I'm saying, too bad. Deal with it. It's not my problem, it is your problem.

I don't care if you disagree. I don't care what you think. You can take or leave what I'm asking people to consider. It's a question, not a debate. It's not about my take against yours. It's about thinking. For yourself. And deciding, for yourself, whether there is something there to think about.

Am I truly batshit? Or have I just stopped taking my meds? That is the true question.

Quote :
This is a personal exercise, an offer, to ponder something that some people have never thought about.

Brain:- Pinky, Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky:- I hope so Brain, otherwise my IQ just jumped 400 points, narf.
Brain:- Using Warhammer 40K, You and I can take over the world!

Quote :
It's for you to decide where you stand. I don't want to hear your "position". Listen to your own position. I'm not a part of it. I don't care what your position is. You can't even grasp the concept here.

If you are not with the empire of man! You are against the empire of man!

Quote :
No one came barging into your territory to trash you and diss the game and tell you all where to go. ONE OF YOU took my web page and my personal email address without asking and threw me down before you spoiled brats to be sacrificed. I am the victim here not you. You are so selfish and nasty it's disgusting.

Somebody was looking for stuff about a thing they liked and stumbled across my site decrying it as the devils work. And I'm surprised they got pissed enough about it to show their mates, hmm, nope, that doesn't sound stupid at all.

Quote :
As to my web page, this is simple. Do you pay for my web page? No.
Do you have any say about what I put on my personal web page? No.
Do you have any right to get in my face about anything on my web page? No.

The Emperors word is law!

Quote :
This is reality. I decide what I think, not you.

Okay, and I decide what I think, and I decide you need to seek medical help before the voices stop telling you blame all the worlds woes on a world based on small plastic models and a tongue in cheek humour and start telling you get your dads gun and redecorate the nearest classroom.

Quote :
I'm not obligated to you and you have no right at all to get in my face.

Maybe if more women wanted to get all in your face we wouldn't be having this problem, that's right I went there.

Quote :
Feel whatever you want to, think whatever you want to. I do not care. Live and let live. To each his own. End of subject. Now don't bug me anymore. I'm not your baby-sitter. I'm not responsible for you. YOU ARE.

Sweet! Self responsibility, just what I always wanted. Now I can use this new found power to show everyone how batshit you are. Then they can all come and point and laugh, cause damn we needed more lulz with Thomson gone.

Dear god this guy is a twat.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:09 am

Don't you understand? He's doing it all for the Greater Good.

PURGE THE XENO FILTH!
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 7:36 am

I'm just going to quote a Yahtzee caption.

Ahem.

PFAHAHAHA

WHAT A PONCE
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
Miraba
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miraba

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:21 am

Thanks for reminding me it's Wednesday! *waits for latest Yahtzee review*
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:31 am

Crap, I misread the title and thought it actually was Jack Thompson, so I assumed that he had taken a hint from the Florida bar and retreated to a quiet life of writing angry blog entries from the safety of his home.

This one manages to know even less than Thomspon does about how the Internet works.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:24 am

It's nice how he says he doesn't care what we think and then starts complaining about how we don't agree with him. How he insults our intelligence and then says we're idiots for being offended.

I FUCKING LOVE IT when closed-minded, inane people do that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 10:38 am

I think all this did was get me interested in WH4K...LMAO
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 2:07 pm

Authority comes equipped with forcing children to accept authority without question; it would do so with or without the aid of Warhammer.

He appears to have missed the POINT of Warhammer totally.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Raziel the Wise

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:26 pm

God, Harley, how do you manage to suck so much? I've never met somebody quite as blandly, superficially OMGWAKEUPSHEEPLEish in my life. It's like somebody cored out your brain and replaced it with mindless, anti-authoritarian dogma.You, quite honestly, are a beautiful example of why mankind needs leaders in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Poke_Freak

Poke_Freak

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 2:10 am

The thing I like the most about it is how he ends it with this statement which is, of course, referring to America and and american culture.

Quote :
Mind control is hardly rare, we live under a giant net of absolute idea
and thought control now, and we have been for a very long time. Cut
off from the rest of the world we're not even interested in what's
going on out there. We never hear news from other countries
perspectives and the fact is we're living in lala land. A specially
designed place that keeps us stupid and fine with being stupid. How many Americans still believe that "we're number one" in so many things?

This goes on for a bit and shows that he sees WH40K as a huge plot by the American government to brainwash children into killing machines, and blah blah blah...

Games Workshop is a BRITISH company.

AFAIK the American branch is very small compared to their European offices.
You can even tell that it's British from the very link he's pasted on his website, because the first two letters in the adress are UK.
I can't even find words to describe how hard he failed there.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:22 am

So, in short, a dumb person is saying dumb things, and has no power to do anything about it.

Is that about right?
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:22 am

Poke_Freak wrote:
Games Workshop is a BRITISH company.

Obviously, it's a front. A dummy corporation set up by evil US interests. Obviously.
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Orks are more like the mutant descendants of inbred petrolhead rednecks...

Last edited by Grimley Fieendish on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:01 pm

More like football hooligans.
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Coming to a Video Retailer near you soon...
Island of Millwall Fans... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Available on VHS & Betamax...
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:23 am

Grimley Fieendish wrote:
Orks are more like the mutant descendants of inbred petrolhead rednecks...

With accents like that? No.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:34 am

I have to admit, I don't "get" WH4K. It's always put me off how most of the fans of it I know of are the kind of people who use the word "grimdark" unironically and think its presence is universally good.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:30 am

TheHermit wrote:
I have to admit, I don't "get" WH4K. It's always put me off how most of the fans of it I know of are the kind of people who use the word "grimdark" unironically and think its presence is universally good.

The appeal? It's fun to have a universe where the only difference between the good guys and bad guys is that the latter enjoy their work. It's liberating, if for no other reason than that it eliminates all arguments about character alignment.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:13 am

WH40K's grimdarkness is tempered by healthy (read: absurd) amounts of badass. It's ultimately an universe that runs on blood and overkill.
There's no good guys in WH40K, and Crystal Dragon Jesus is a crippled, near-dead shell kept alive by a church that, in his absence, has done all kinds of stupid shit in his name.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:55 am

Exodia's Right Leg wrote:
WH40K's grimdarkness is tempered by healthy (read: absurd) amounts of badass. It's ultimately an universe that runs on blood and overkill.
There's no good guys in WH40K, and Crystal Dragon Jesus is a crippled, near-dead shell kept alive by a church that, in his absence, has done all kinds of stupid shit in his name.

Not to mention that he was pretty much a Dark Messiah when he was alive. He's the one who started the dogma against Xenos, though this is fairly justified when you've got the Orks, Eldar, and Dark Eldar running around, and the Necrons still still dormant. By the same token, most the horrible shit the Inquisition does equally justified.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:37 am

Anyone else think that the Emperor must REALLY hate what the Ecclesiarchy and the rest of the assorted Adepta have done to his once-proud empire?

When he doesn't hate being mostly dead forced to feed on a thousand psykers a day, anyway.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:49 am

Penguin wrote:
Anyone else think that the Emperor must REALLY hate what the Ecclesiarchy and the rest of the assorted Adepta have done to his once-proud empire?

When he doesn't hate being mostly dead forced to feed on a thousand psykers a day, anyway.

Well, the Emperor would either be Heroic-BSOD-horrified, or rubbing his hands and going "Just as planned," depending on whether he foresaw this and is setting up his own apotheosis or not. Of course, the former scenario (as ever) is actually worse: it would mean that the Emperor is a generally good guy, but it would also mean that he wasn't expecting this to happen and got completely blindsided by Chaos, leaving the fate of the galaxy in the hands of Tzeentch, the Farseers, and the Deceiver.
Back to top Go down
Snoof
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snoof

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:48 am

gaijinguy wrote:
Well, the Emperor would either be Heroic-BSOD-horrified, or rubbing his hands and going "Just as planned," depending on whether he foresaw this and is setting up his own apotheosis or not. Of course, the former scenario (as ever) is actually worse: it would mean that the Emperor is a generally good guy, but it would also mean that he wasn't expecting this to happen and got completely blindsided by Chaos, leaving the fate of the galaxy in the hands of Tzeentch, the Farseers, and the Deceiver.
Sort of reminds me of this fanfic. Lots of the other 40K stuff on that site's pretty good, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K   Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K Empty

Back to top Go down

Nutjob goes all Jack Thompson on WH4K
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next