Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors

Go down 
+7
Manny
Rabid Badger
Cyberwulf
Lysander
bleachedblackcat
Maximilia
Zeiss Manifold
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors Empty
PostSubject: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:34 am

Hello again, Wugwuhers and Wugwettes! Today’s selection is “The Long Road”, a tract that makes clear the explicit danger of not being born a WASP. Enjoy!

Delcat: Shoot, Zeiss, I have the hiccups. Can you scare me to make them go away?
Zeiss Manifold: Okay, Del...imagine that you're in a parade...filled with ethnic people!
Delcat: GASP!
Delcat: Wait, how ethnic are we talking, here?
Zeiss Manifold: Well...let's find out with the amazing Ethnicoder!-
Zeiss Manifold: -damn, someone must have left it in the sandbox overnight. I guess we'll just have to read to find out.

Spoiler:

Delcat: Hey, he's not ethnic at all! But that is a scary shade of yellow, so that helps.
Zeiss Manifold: I take offense to the notion that anyone in a Chick tract deserves the banana sticker.
Delcat: I think if I saw a banana that color yellow, I'd run the other way.
Delcat: Because...bananas can...walk and shit, and...fuck, it's the cover, okay? It is really fucking hard to snark the cover. Fuck you for judging me.

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: JOHN used TELEPORT
Zeiss Manifold: I mean, he just spontaneously manifests himself...somewhere. Somewhere between the cubicle and the void.
Delcat: How many years until he's old enough to walk with Robin Hood through the forest, laughin' back and forth 'bout what the other'n has to say?
Delcat: You know, reminiscin', this-'n'-thattin', golly, what a good time? Oo de lally, oo de lally, golly what a day?
Delcat: I think the implication is that the cat left him on the doorstep. Times're tough for out-of-work furries.
Delcat: "Waaah! Waaaah! I asked for a rattle and these bozos gave me a washer on a stick! Call child services! Waaaaaaaaaah!"
Zeiss Manifold: It looks more like a doughnut-on-a-stick.
Zeiss Manifold: Or a radium lollipop.
Delcat: Oh fuck, I know what happened. He just Apparated, and splinched in the process. See how his legs aren't connected to his body? Bad news, that.
Zeiss Manifold: At least he scored a saucy Baroque head-collar out of the deal.

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: Rush Limbaugh Babies!
Zeiss Manifold: Area cat tries to keep on truckin‘, with tragic results.
Delcat: Good God, this single page is depression personified. Just look at that kid. He has seen the world he lives in, with the half-filled bottle of pudding and the family so poor they can only afford 2/3 of the ABC for his singular block, and he already wants out.
Zeiss Manifold: It's Funky Winkerchick.
Delcat: That cat has a scarf growing out of its neck and it's unpleasant.
Delcat: I would look that unhappy if my hands were two-dimensional planes, too.
Delcat: "From the cradle to the grave--your grave, Bond." shut up Goldeneye 64 you are not helping

Spoiler:

Delcat: "Honey, did you ever get around to babyproofing the house?"
"I put a brick in front of the liquor cabinet, what more do you want?"
Zeiss Manifold: I have nothing to add here except for the fact that John shoved an entire bouquet of flowers into a cat.
Delcat: I think that table is actually a 2x4 held in place by a couple of broken-off pool cues. What the hell kind of house is this kid living in?
Delcat: Of course, if I had a baby whose entire face migrated to the center two inches of his face, I would take to the drink too.
Delcat: *head
Zeiss Manifold: One without foreshortening, if his hand is any indication.

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: "At one year, John has a disembodied arm of his own."
Delcat: Thank you, Zeiss. This sobering look at what my life could be if I don't get my tubes tied ASAP has scared the hiccups right out of me.
Zeiss Manifold: "The lube is for the Fleshlight, John, not your head!"
Delcat: He doesn't have a sippy cup, but that's okay, because he doesn't actually have any liquid in his glass.
Zeiss Manifold: DID SOMEONE SAY
Zeiss Manifold: CUP
Zeiss Manifold: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Delcat: CURSE YOU ZEISS MANIFOLD
Delcat: YOU KNOW ALL ABOUT TEACUPS AND SPITE
Delcat: So is the theme of this one futility and existential dread?
Zeiss Manifold: It's like a Kafka tract. It's novelty!
Delcat: It's like even the whimsical act of overturning one's gruel has become a statement of "Life is shit, I realize this now and eschew nourishment!"
Delcat: And seriously, the kid's a year old. It's time for solids.

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: "At the age of 15, John is Vault Boy."
Delcat: Fourteen years, and with every birthday, the assurance of his parents that he'll grow into his head someday rings a little more hollow.
Delcat: Ethnicity check! We have a guy from ZZ Top, a Shriner, a bard, Superman in boxer shorts, a tiny-headed dude with a loaf of bread, and 1/3 of the Three Stooges.
Zeiss Manifold: Superman's got a Riddler bathrobe for some reason. And who's that above the Hassidic Jew? Bertrand Russell?
Delcat: I thought maybe there was a Moslem on the side there, but that proved to be a tourniquet wrapped around someone's severely flattened head as their friend, in denial, runs for help.
Delcat: "HOLD ON DUDE HOLD ON, IT'S GONNA BE OKAY! IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE LAME METAPHOR?"

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: "Hello, I'm Lee Mercer, and I'll be your server for the evening. With disease."
Delcat: Correction: 1/3 of the Three Stooges, and boy, has he let himself go.
Delcat: "I PUT OUT MY EYES WITH MY SAUSAGE THUMBS, AND IT FEELS GRRRRREAT!"
Zeiss Manifold: It's the obligatory and rather blobby swarthy Mohammedan!
Delcat: I think that black guy is meant to represent the butler Shirley Temple danced with in 1939, which, coincidentally, was the last time that Chick touched base with modern media.
Delcat: Chick was quoted as saying, "She's a painted Jezebel, but I suppose she can tapple-foot all right."
Zeiss Manifold: You know, I've always wondered what the love child of Walter Sobchak and Master Onion would look like.
Delcat: That's because you have a sad and lonely thought-life, Zeiss.
Zeiss Manifold: Del, this is not 'Nam. This is Jack Chick. There are rules.
Delcat: I can't help it, man! All those blank, staring eyes...it wears on ya, man!

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: No wonder he looks tired, he married Ayn Rand.
Delcat: So she's about to punt that baby into the crowd and start shoving people out of the way for more legroom?
Delcat: Wow, he drew the Virgin Mary with a bindhi! That's a really open-minded and tolerant move!
Zeiss Manifold: I think Chick's experience with Hindu culture is limited to the spine of a National Geographic.
Delcat: Well, duh. If you open it up, they show the heathen ladies nekkid! Who would do such a sinful thing? No, the cover is the only part of any magazine a good Christian reads.
Delcat: I think he's actually stressed out because his wife gave birth to that red hairy thing from Looney Toons. That, or a giant dandelion.
Zeiss Manifold: Or a Fry Guy Facehugger.
Delcat: The more I read of this, the more I want to throw caution to the wind and die young. That's what I'm taking away, here, is that conventional marriage is a festering cockhole of crushed dreams and despair.
Zeiss Manifold: Well, marriage does involve the rumping of naughticular bits, so yeah, it's evil.
Zeiss Manifold: Just saying.
Delcat: Just as long as we're on the same page.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 10:19 am

I think I actually have that Chick Track.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:21 pm

Marriage looks depressing.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:53 am

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: It's a Noh Inca!
Delcat: "John, when are you gonna man up and grow a mustache, instead of vaguely shading your upper lip?"
"Ooh, I tried, but I'm just too wormy!"
Zeiss Manifold: "I'll stop shading myself when you take that damned hairberry off!"
Delcat: A nun, Mr. Sulu, a czar from somewhere in the 1800s, Attila the Hun, some kind of abomination of nature, a man who was mauled by a cat, and...Batman sporting a soul patch? Fuck, I am so confused.
Delcat: "You don't know? We've been walking for FIFTY YEARS, and you're just NOW wondering why?"
"I like to walk :|"
Zeiss Manifold: I don't know why Mario is so pissed. The Tanooki Suit is like, the best suit in the whole game.
Delcat: I like people-watching with you, Zeiss, we should do this more often. Wanna go to 7-11 after for a slushie?
Zeiss Manifold: It's not one of those Inca places, is it?
Delcat: Shut up and put on the belt.

Spoiler:

Delcat: God wants YOU...to stop suddenly in front of a blind guy. Kind of a jerk move, actually.
Zeiss Manifold: Okay, so - Marianne Faithful, another nun, a mad scientist, Antonio Banderas, Basque Gran, Busey Claus, and an irritated, older Boognish.
Delcat: Plus whatever's attacking that guy's head in the corner there. It's like he went to comb his hair and then just left it.
Delcat: How come they're the only people with kids, ever? Is this some post-nuclear-apocalyptic thing where only they can reproduce? Are they on their way to the government-run feeding center?
Delcat: Or am I bored and wandering in my head to the last forty minutes of Threads?

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: Dammit Chick, leave the Muppets out of this.
Delcat: Okay, who have we got on thiAAAAUGH
Delcat: Hey, you're right! It's Animal, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, and...what was the name of the sweaty Shriner Muppet, I can never remember.
Zeiss Manifold: Welcome to Chickland, where all the girls are Ayn Rand.
Zeiss Manifold: Is this related to how the "good guy" in every other tract looks like Hitler? You decide.
Delcat: "You must...you must give your...I'm sorry, I'm really high as a Thanksgiving parade balloon right now and I have to watch my nose so it doesn't escape, excuse me."
Delcat: "Also, I have no lower jaw."
Delcat: He'd better hurry up and choose before a gang of roving nostalgia junkies tackle him and harvest his eyeballs for a whimsical kitty-cat clock.
Delcat: At least there are no other surprises on this paGAH A METH JUNKIE IS HANGING ONTO THE BOTTOM EDGE OF THE PANEL AND STARING WILDLY INTO OUR SOULS

Spoiler:

Delcat: "COME ON I PICKED THIS VERSE OUT FOR YOU PERSONALLY, GOT YOUR NAME IN IT AND EVERYTHING"
Zeiss Manifold: Even people who wear ironic Dennis The Menace t-shirts can be saved!
Delcat: Obsessive nose-watching is contagious.
Delcat: GAH IT'S THE PHANTOM BLOT oh wait no, they just shaded Grandma's headscarf badly
Zeiss Manifold: That guy's 'stache isn't pencilly enough, so he must be bad, I guess.
Zeiss Manifold: IT'S PYRAMID HOOD
Delcat: I know I said I wanted to be scared, but this is too much. I want out, Zeiss, I want out!
Delcat: John isn't mad at what he's saying, he's just trying to breathe. Wearing the same suit for thirty years has finally caught up with him, it's tightened enough to cut off his carotid artery. Listen carefully and you can hear the blood backing up in his face. His eyes are going to pop like short-circuiting lightbulbs in one...two...
Zeiss Manifold: ...3:16!

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: "(God the Son)"? Christ transcends syntax now?
Delcat: You know, I don't think I've ever seen Chick draw the other two crosses. I don't think Jesus forgiving the thief without giving him a thirty-page browbeating first sits well with him.
Zeiss Manifold: Well, it kinda drove the property value down when they put him up.
Delcat: I love the baby-talk breakdown of it. I know it's a children's tract, but c'mon.
Delcat: This from the same people that have heart attacks if you use the NIV instead of the KJV.
Zeiss Manifold: Like any kid is going to make sense out of "God the Son". I mean, whether you worship him or not, we can all agree he's not a Gung-Ho Gun.
Delcat: He isn't? *wibble face*
Zeiss Manifold: Well, they already had a priest, so it wouldn't make much sense either way. I think.

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: Someone should tell Archie his dad's strung out on the interstate again.
Delcat: "Excuse me, have you seen a lady with an 'O' hat around? You see, I'm a kiss, and she's a hug, and it's whimsical, and if you don't think so I'll punch you in the nuts."
Zeiss Manifold: He's a wandering Squidbillly.
Delcat: I dunno, this really looks like the prelude to these guys getting mugged, raped, killed, and dumped over the edge, and not necessarily in that order. "Yes, yes, follow me, I'm a nice Christian boy, come on, come over here where we're aloooone!"
Delcat: Aren't we supposed to not listen to strange men telling us to follow them because they'll give us the YAAAAAAHs? I'm so confused!
Zeiss Manifold: This guy isn't Hitler. I don't trust him.
Delcat: I hope you enjoy being quoted out of context.
Zeiss Manifold: I LOVE HITLER AND HITLER LOVES ME
Delcat: WHO'S TEACUPPING NOW, YOU SECRET NAZI

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: The sad thing is, this whole tract is unintentionally about how the Bible isn't meant to be taken literally.
Zeiss Manifold: If *this* analogy doesn't translate, what's to stop the rest of them?
Zeiss Manifold: long trip is loooooooong
Delcat: Hey, it's another third of the Stooges! We've almost won Stooge Bingo!
Delcat: A strange man comes up to you and says he'll give you something that makes you feel really good, but you have to come with him to an isolated place, and everyone else says it's dangerous. Seriously, we're not talking about religious conversion, we're talking about drugs.
Delcat: Why the random rocks, anyway? I know it's dictated to be narrow, but that's just bad upkeep. Did Heaven not get its road millage this year?
Zeiss Manifold: Those aren't rocks, those are Grimers making their way to salvation.
Delcat: Already on their way: Mother, Sister, Brother, and Hideous Handsnake.
Delcat: Actually, that one on the left is a Ditto. Shhhh, it thinks it's people.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Yes, come behind the outcropping where nobody can see us, so I can fill you with "God's love gift."
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:28 pm

That's the fucking Pilgrim's Progress (or that version of it that Enid Blyton wrote) with the narrow path etc. RIP-OFF
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:21 pm

I'm waiting for the part about Hell. You can't have a Jack Chick tract without at least on badly-drawn vision of Hell to scare the person into converting. Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors 453357
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:23 am

Spoiler:

Delcat: George Lucas, no!
Zeiss Manifold: Old Sulu, Nico, Colonel Sanders, and Lawrence Fishburn.
Delcat: "My lover of thirty years and only children just buggered off with a crazy rapist. Oh well, this endless gulag won't gulag itself!"
Delcat: Seriously, how haven't they gone stark raving crazy buggeryfuck batshit go-nuts yet? They've been walking on a featureless path for FIFTY YEARS. That's almost as bad as Hell!
Delcat: Granted, they obviously somehow found the time to get busy, the kids are evidence of that, BUT STILL.
Zeiss Manifold: I think Old Sulu's just as tired of this as we are.
Delcat: ...Zeiss? Have...have we been snarking this tract for fifty years?
Zeiss Manifold: OH GOD IT'S THE FUTURE
Zeiss Manifold: THEY EVEN HAVE "FOR VULCAN AUDIENCES" TRACTS NOW
Delcat: I WANT OFF OF THIS CRAZY THING, MAN
Delcat: LET ME OFF
Delcat: OH GOD, THEY'VE GONE AND DONE IT
Delcat: THEY FANGED IT ALL UP!
Zeiss Manifold:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Delcat: YOU DANGED DIRTY ETHTIC STEREOTYPES! YOU FANGED IT AAAAAALL!

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: "Hi, Jesus!" "Hi, kids!"
Delcat: "What? Oh, no, sorry, that's a star going supernova, that happens sometimes. Jesus is the one that WON'T melt your eyes out of your sockets if you look directly at Him."
"What about this pretty Ark? Can we open--"
"OH SHI--"
Delcat: "Gabriel, you dip, strapping a pair of surfboards to your back will NOT allow you to fly! Use your wings like a normal angel!"
Zeiss Manifold: I think those are rocket boosters. The kids love it.
Delcat: Man, if Heaven does not have jetpacks, I am going to be severely disappointed, it's true.

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: What is that, a castle-worshipper? I think Chick blew his bigot wad on the Antipope there and is just making stereotypes up now.
Zeiss Manifold: Further evidence: Masonic crotch-cop.
Delcat: It's just the most XTREEEEEME belt buckle ever. Well, outside of Texas, at least.
Delcat: "That's comforting. Know what else would be comforting? If WE HADN'T BEEN HAVING THIS CONVERSATION FOR THE PAST TWELVE YEARS."
"I'm lonely :<"
Delcat: "Please stop touching me, Colonel Sanders."
"I'm LONELY :<"
Zeiss Manifold: Are they still on the road? It looks like they're all in a heavily-waterstained basement.
Delcat: Man, I can't stop trying to figure out the castle thing now. Maybe it just got lost and she's trying to find it. "Have you seen my little castle? Short, black hair. Just turned seven last month."
Delcat: Maybe they've just been on a treadmill all this time and are too stupid to live.
Delcat: His head is getting bigger on every page. It looks like the slightest impact would either blow it up or send it rolling into a ditch.
Zeiss Manifold: He looks like a Fruit Gusher.

Spoiler:

Delcat: Lemmings: lol hax
Zeiss Manifold: "You just lost the DOUBLE DARE OBSTACLE COURSE, John!"
Delcat: Ain't all the Blockers in the world gonna save you now, beyotch!
Zeiss Manifold: Honestly, I forgot all about John about fifteen pages ago.
Delcat: Enh, it's not that bad. Sure, it's a ten-foot drop, but it's straight into the Land of the Giant Tribbles, so they should have a nice, cushioned landing.
Delcat: So, uh...call me nutty, here, but couldn't they maybe...stop walking?
Zeiss Manifold: They're walking on a giant tarp. Satan would just pull it out from under them or something.
Delcat: Couldn't they hop the railing, then? It's only a couple feet high and there's plenty of nice, grassy clear land on the other side.
Delcat: It doesn't even have spikes on or anything.
Zeiss Manifold: Well, they would but FLOOR IS LAVA
Delcat: OH NO DON'T STEP ON THE FLOOR DON'T STEP ON THE FLOOR
Zeiss Manifold: I'M ON THE COUCH I'M OKAY
Delcat: STOP PUSHING STOP PUSHING MOOOOOM ZEISS IS PUSHING ME AND THE FLOOR IS LAVA

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: It's the Ghost of Chicken Past!
Delcat: Heeey, what about the whole three score and ten deal, huh? I saw it in a fillum!
Delcat: No really, what are they falling onto? The Ghost of Shitty Photoshop Filters Past?
Zeiss Manifold: That isn't so much a mask as it is a flange.
Zeiss Manifold: I guess we now know what the fuck a Sanderflange is.
Delcat: How did it conceal his horns? Do...are they retractable? Do demons have retractable horns?
Zeiss Manifold: Do demons dream of ethnic sheep?

Spoiler:

Zeiss Manifold: Alright, one last one. Telly Savalas.
Delcat: "And guess what...I'M AN INCUBUS! I'm going to make you my bondage slave for all of eternity!"
"HUZZAH :D"
"wait what"
Zeiss Manifold: Del
Zeiss Manifold: I think you're getting a bit too tired of this.
Delcat: yeah yeah I know no incubus in his right mind would incarnate as a talking turtleneck wearing a Halloween mask but SWEET SONS OF SEA CUCUMBERS ZEISS I'M BORED
Delcat: WHY AREN'T THERE EVER ANY FUN DEMONS IN THESE
Zeiss Manifold: Well, there was the one in "Wounded Children" who had porn-sniffing powers...
Zeiss Manifold: GOOD NEWS DELLY
Zeiss Manifold: THERE'S ONLY ONE PAGE LEFT
Delcat: GOOD, LET'S END THIS TEDIOUS BUCKET OF PIG'S VOMIT AND MISSHAPEN HEADS
Delcat: I WANNA SEE CROWLEY GET ALL UP IN SOME TEMPTATION'S FACE

Spoiler:

Delcat: with...A BUCKET OF MISSHAPEN HEADS
Zeiss Manifold: It's Sgt. Pepper's Ethnic Hearts Club Tract.
Delcat: Russian (?) Head: Screw you, I don't have to be proportional to my row of heads if I don't want to! ...-ski!
Delcat: But I have not enjoyed the show!
Delcat: Although I did watch more than I wanted to of my evening let go.
Zeiss Manifold: Oh great, Darwin got into the coke again.
Delcat: That beard isn't actually connected to anything. It's just a floating beard.
Zeiss Manifold: And I think I see a dong in that there rock.
Delcat: Some people will try to screw anything.
Delcat: Well, apparently we're in the midst of a crush of confused, angry people, Zeiss. And you know what that says to me?
Zeiss Manifold: What, Del?
Delcat: MOSH PIT TIME
Zeiss Manifold: ROCK OUT
Delcat: STAGE DIIIIIVE
Zeiss Manifold: and then text page but meh
Zeiss Manifold: hey del
Zeiss Manifold: MOSH PIT IS LAVA
Delcat: AGH NO CROWD SURF CROWD SURF
Delcat: OH FUCK I'M TOO FAT NOOOOOO
Zeiss Manifold:
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I shouldn't have read this in the computer lab at school. My head almost puffed up like John's and exploded from trying not to laugh scandalously.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 8:15 am

Oh god, I sporfled. You people are amazing.
Back to top Go down
tachikoma01
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
tachikoma01

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 10:12 am

His family doesn't give a crap that he's not there in heaven with them. They don't even seem to notice he's gone.

So much for 'unconditional love.'
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:21 pm

tachikoma01 wrote:
His family doesn't give a crap that he's not there in heaven with them. They don't even seem to notice he's gone.

So much for 'unconditional love.'

That actually all fits into the Fundie Revenge Fantasy, the dream of one day being in Heaven with God and looking down at Hell and, with all of that Christian Love, laughing and applauding as the sinners have hot flaming pokers shoved up their asses by demons.

You see that scenario a lot on Rapture Ready and other Fundie sights, as chroncled frequently at Fundies Say The Darndest Things.

I think it says a lot about the real mindset of a lot of Fundies.
Back to top Go down
tachikoma01
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
tachikoma01

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:33 am

I can understand the appeal of looking down at, say, the girl who snubbed you in high school or the boss who seemed to be from hell him/herself, but there's just something unendingly CREEPY about the way Chick characters develop sudden amnesia with regards to loved ones who are sent to hell/any of the other problems. I suppose looking down and seeing someone you genuinely loved getting ripped apart by demons would put a damper on the whole 'eternal happiness clouds and mansions' thing. So basically, God deals with the problem of people in heaven being sad
for loved ones who aren't there by... giving them a big helping of
Torchwood's Retcon punch?

IE in the Chick track using a boy trying to rescue ants that are about to be flooded out (I think it was flooding) as some sort of analogy to saving sinful people. Of course, once generic white boy converts, he doesn't even TRY to go back to saving the ants. "I got mah Jesus. Screw you animals." Or the one about suicide, where the girl never gives a second thought to her supposedly burning in hell friend (who she was willing to kill herself for a few panels earlier) once SHE is saved. Suddenly getting Jesus for yourself isn't going to make your daughter's pregnancy/son's drug addiction/abusive husband's police record vanish.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 am

Trioculus wrote:
You see that scenario a lot on Rapture Ready and other Fundie sights, as chroncled frequently at Fundies Say The Darndest Things.
WELL LOOKY HERE.
Quote :
misshani

Horsefeathers - "You go ahead and name me one liberal tyrant in all of history."

O_o Gandhi, maybe? Martin Luther King, Jr.? Nelson Mandela?

The fact that unskilled78 apparently thinks those guys are more scary than W... is scary.
Quote :
agentCDE

"liberal/socialistic tyrant"

Someone clearly has no idea what words actually mean
Quote :
Anon-e-moose

"IMHO, it's better to have a conservative retard"

Making your country even more hated by the day, ruining your
economy until the US$ becomes even more worthless than the Zimbabwean
$, dragging it further into a new Dark Ages medically, technologically
& socially (polarising the population even more); the rich minority
becoming richer, the majority becoming poorer. Oh yeah, that's the
'Land of the Free', alright! Whereas...

"than a liberal/socialistic tyrant in the Oval Office"

You get someone who cares and truly loves his
country. Repairing diplomatic ties with other countries previously
frayed or severed by Dumbya, fixing the economy so that with investment
comes jobs (and thus spending) to restore the country financially.
Ensuring the US rejoins the race to develop gene therapy to cure a
myriad of ailments, and keep America one step ahead in R&D. And
spreading the wealth so that there's less social division, and to
create further jobs with social reconstruction programmes. Restoring
the Land of the Free.

Ask yourself this simple question, unskilled78: if that 'conservative retard' was, as you claim, 'better', why was the Democrat Obama elected, and not the Repubicans' McPain & Sarah Failin?

Take your time, I know it can be difficult for the hard of thinking such as yourself.
Quote :
I'm going for epic political definitions fail with a side-order of paranoia rather than fundie, I think. Nthing the WTF on "liberal tyrant",
and you'd think that if Obama was really a socialist then there'd be
more socialists celebrating one of their own being elected to the most
powerful office in the world rather than saying that in fact he really
isn't.
Quote :
Anon-e-moose

"IMHO, it's better to have a conservative retard"

And it takes conservative retards to vote for one. Such as you, unskilled78.

The fact you named yourself 'unskilled.' speaks volumes about you and your opinions. And why both are equally worthless.
ITT: You don't have to be a Nomad to think Unskilled is a dumbass
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:26 am

Delcat wrote:
ITT: You don't have to be a Nomad to think Unskilled is a dumbass
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:31 am

Zeiss Manifold wrote:

It is the thirty-first century. Ulysses killed the Giant Cyclops when he rescued the children and his son, Telemachus. But the ancient Gods of Olympus are angry, and threaten a terrible revenge...

"MORTALS! YOU DEFY THE GODS?! I SENTENCE YOU TO TRAVEL AMONG UNKNOWN STARS. UNTIL YOU FIND THE KINGDOM OF HADES, YOUR BODIES WILL STAY AS LIFELESS AS STONE!"

"Ulysses, the way back to Earth has been wiped from my memory."

"Father! Oh, Father!"
"You are alive, my son."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:40 am

Cyberwulf wrote:

It is the thirty-first century. Ulysses killed the Giant Cyclops when he rescued the children and his son, Telemachus. But the ancient Gods of Olympus are angry, and threaten a terrible revenge...

"MORTALS! YOU DEFY THE GODS?! I SENTENCE YOU TO TRAVEL AMONG UNKNOWN STARS. UNTIL YOU FIND THE KINGDOM OF HADES, YOUR BODIES WILL STAY AS LIFELESS AS STONE!"

"Ulysses, the way back to Earth has been wiped from my memory."

"Father! Oh, Father!"
"You are alive, my son."
Albator, Albator
Du fond de la nuit d'or
Albator, Albator
De bâbord à tribord
Tu veilles sur la galaxie
Sur la liberté aussi

Albator, Albator
Le corsaire de l'espace
Albator, Albator
Même si tu paraîts de glace
Ton coeur est bon
Ton coeur est grand
Comme le coeur d'un géant

Le bel Atlantis est ton vaisseau
Le pavillon noir est son drapeau
Bibop, Nausica sont avec toi

Albator, Albator
Avec ton equipage
Albator, Albator
Tu prends à l'abordage
Au stellarpon
Au planotir
Tous les Spatio-Cargyrs

Albator, Albator
Capitaine au coeur d'or
Albator, Albator
Bien plus fort que la mort
Tu es toujours au rendez-vous
N'importe quand, n'importe où
Tu es toujours au rendez-vous
Toujours avec nous
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:01 pm

Delcat wrote:
Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors 961878

It is the little things like this that make life worth living.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors   Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors Empty

Back to top Go down

Jack Chick Case Files #3: Experiments in Failed Metaphors
Page 1 of 1