Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast

Go down 
+18
Somath Cegem
Trioculus
WD40
Verandering
Eeveegou
Penguin
Cactus Wren
Jesus.
Quijotesca
Mikey Go WOOGA
bleachedblackcat
Lady Anne
Braigwen
Lapin
Jay/Cris
Drabbler
Miss Misery
Owlish
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:54 am

Lapin wrote:
Besides, not natural disaster in our recent memory will ever top Snowmageddon.

Dear Lord, don't remind me.....
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:18 am

Miss Misery wrote:
Lapin wrote:

So. Much. Snow. 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 886522 And then it snowed some more! It just kept fucking snowing!
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Lapin wrote:
We get hurricanes, not fucking earthquakes.
That's coming this weekend.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Drabbler wrote:
Lapin wrote:
We get hurricanes, not fucking earthquakes.
That's coming this weekend.

Aaaaaaaaannndddd cue fundie nutbags: if America doesn't face judgment soon, God will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah. And God doesn't offer apologies.

Quote :
Look, this earthquake turned out to be a warning only, without loss of life or serious property damage. But there will be a bigger one coming, as everyone should understand.

Your life can change dramatically in the blink of an eye.

I don't know what to expect from this hurricane on its way toward the East Coast. It could be devastating for some or nothing at all.

Washington, D.C., deserves more than the wallop it got today. It needs a much bigger shaking up than it got. And I have no doubts that it is coming – unless there is a real change of heart in the leadership of this country.

After all, if America doesn't face judgment soon, God will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah. And God doesn't offer apologies.

He does, however, offer second chances, third chances, fourth chances … He's trying to get your attention. Are you paying heed? What will it take? Will your world have to be turned upside down before you recognize what's happening? Would even that be enough?

I know. I know. It was just a little earthquake – and just another hurricane. They happen all the time. What are you making such a big deal about, Farah?

You're right. We escaped this time. No big deal. But when your world is shaking, you tend to think about the things that really matter.

And what really matters is our relationship with our heavenly Father, our Creator, the Lord of the universe.

He is trying to tell us something. His message is very clear. Don't say you weren't warned.

Mind you, he does start with:
Quote :
I welcome the ridicule that will inevitably come from a statement like that.

It sounds like foolishness to anyone whose life is not centered around the Creator of the universe.

Yes. Yes it does.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Quote :
He is trying to tell us something. His message is very clear. Don't say you weren't warned.

We were "warned" that the world was going to end on May 21, 2011. We all know how that turned out.

I can't wait for October 21st. 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 961878
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Owlish wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:
So... an earthquake hits the US and nobody dies?

Why, God, why!?

Hey, we had a decently-sized earthquake practically on Capitol Hill, and it couldn't take out a single one of those batshit Tea Bagger blowhards? At least put a temporary hold on their scheming to kill off the poor and elderly once and for all.

You can't tell me none of you thought about karmic (or divine, whatever) retribution. Come on. Colbert

Maybe not karma, but certainly irony: The epicenter of the quake was in the congressional district of Teabagger Republican Majority Leader Eric Cantor. Who back in March...

Quote :
Yesterday house republican leader Eric Cantor defended republican proposals to cut spending for the United States Geological Survey, the National Weather Service, and NOAA.
(emphasis added)
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Miss Misery wrote:
We were "warned" that the world was going to end on May 21, 2011. We all know how that turned out.

Yeah but this time we don't have the Macho Man to take the bullet for us.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 7:06 pm

I'll give them that they don't have Earthquakes on the East Coast much, so they've got something of a reason to shit themselves.

But a huge chunk of the bitch in me is going, "See how YOU like it!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:08 am

Lapin wrote:
Miss Misery wrote:
Lapin wrote:

So. Much. Snow. 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 886522 And then it snowed some more! It just kept fucking snowing!

And at the end of it all, the snow was almost shin deep. Upset

Mikey is not impressed.

Triocolus wrote:
Some bullshit

And? Not only is there absolutely no way this could have been prevented by throwing money at whatever that is, there's most likely no way it could have been predicted. Earthquakes are a bitch like that.

Harley wrote:
I'll give them that they don't have Earthquakes on the East Coast much, so they've got something of a reason to shit themselves.

But a huge chunk of the bitch in me is going, "See how YOU like it!"

Yeah, because you totally didn't flip your shit when an equally pitiful earthquake barely rattled your fruity teacups. The level of Mikey Is Not Impressed in this thread is approaching the Single Thread record.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Oh, father attack egg.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:04 pm

All joking aside, for future reference:

Never run outside in an earthquake. You're far more likely to be hit by a falling object (like a piece of a building) than the building is to collapse. Get under a desk or something (doorways are not as good an idea as they're made out to be with modern construction) to protect yourself from things inside from falling on you.

It takes a lot to make a building collapse. Don't go outside until the quake is over.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Verandering wrote:
Oh, father attack egg.

Is that like 'Man bites dog'?
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:12 pm

Penguin wrote:

Never run outside in an earthquake. You're far more likely to be hit by a falling object (like a piece of a building) than the building is to collapse. Get under a desk or something (doorways are not as good an idea as they're made out to be with modern construction) to protect yourself from things inside from falling on you.

It takes a lot to make a building collapse. Don't go outside until the quake is over.

And even then, unless you have structural damage making your building unsound or other major issue (fire, gas leak, etc), stay put! You're generally better off indoors, away from falling debris or power lines or things like that.

If you're forced to evacuate, stay the hell away from the buildings. Shit can still fall off during aftershocks.

(At some point all the stuff that I've been told by a family of first responders has to come in handy for someone.)
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:35 pm

lemmingwriter wrote:
Penguin wrote:

And even then, unless you have structural damage making your building unsound or other major issue (fire, gas leak, etc), stay put! You're generally better off indoors, away from falling debris or power lines or things like that.

If you're forced to evacuate, stay the hell away from the buildings. Shit can still fall off during aftershocks.

(At some point all the stuff that I've been told by a family of first responders has to come in handy for someone.)
If you're inside a room with huge windows or skylights (or both, like my work area), get away from them if you can. When we have earthquake drills, I tell the students near the windows to get under the table and turn their butts to the windows. Broken glass will do less damage to your butt than your head, and butts are usually covered by clothing, too, adding a little extra protection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast   5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Washington, United States East Coast
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2