Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael Jackson Dead

Go down 
+61
Miraba
Ratchetmon
Somath Cegem
Sisco
Lysander
Trioculus
KJM
Bamshalam
Glorfindel
Sloth
Delcat
DeeDee
Knorg
Snake Bandage
Blooferlady
unskilled78
Maximilia
Lady Anne
Miss S
Lexin
grmblfjx
Freezer
karmyn31
Generic Thirteen
saeku
Dr. Professor Science
Mikey Go WOOGA
Rageful Jewel
I_Lam_Edhellen
DarthDarthington
Manny
Melissa
Rabid Badger
Seule
SokMunkie
Aggie
fishstickhater
Raine
Spotts1701
Narwhal
NastyHobbitses
Solitia
Ceres
Mae Bedlam
Miss Misery
Fairlight
Kirby
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
quamp
AngryRobotsInc
theweirdkind
Pelican
Fitchsticks
Root Admin
EileenK98
ZoZo
Mafiosa
King Bee
myeerah
Lembech
KelinciHutan
65 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss S

Miss S

Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:41 am

My mother when I told her about MJ and Farrah: "Oh fuck, I'm old."
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:00 am

EileenK98 wrote:
quamp wrote:

Tabloids everywhere are going to miss Whacko Jacko.

Are you kidding? They'll have a million special commemorative issues on the newsstands (are there still such things as newsstands?) by next week, if they haven't rushed them out already. Myself, I'm waiting for the "MICHAEL JACKSON WAS MURDERED!" headlines to break so I can laugh at them.
They'll spend the whole summer milking his death for all it's worth, you see if they don't.
They'll also do the "MICHAEL JACKSON SUICIDE!" angle, and the "MICHAEL JACKSON GAY!" angle, and the "MICHAEL JACKSON IN SECRET MEETING WITH OBAMA BEFORE HIS DEATH!" angle.

When that runs out, they'll announce that he's been seen on Mars with Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, and JFK.

Edit: I just found a newspaper website that makes no mention of Michael Jackson--their top headline is about a guy who works with motorcycles.

The Perris Progress
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:37 am

ZoZo wrote:
Were they expecting him to die, because it's like they had them on file?
Newspapers and news outlets have 'obituary' files on many famous people, and they keep them updated regularly. Because anyone can die at any time.

There was a lovely line in "Drop the Dead Donkey" (a 1990s comedy satire on news) where one character asked if she could update the obituary on Margaret Thatcher "because I've had a horrible day and it'll make me feel better".
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 10:30 am

Lexin wrote:
I can't be the only one who's going 'Meh. Who cares?'

You're not, Lexin. I'm pretty big of the 'I don't give a damn' camp too, but mostly, I think this news actually made my day. I hated Michael Jackson. I admit, he was talented, yes, but he was fucked up and possibly a pedo. The first thought I had was, "Maybe his kids will have a chance at a normal life now."
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 10:55 am

Maximilia wrote:
Lexin wrote:

You're not, Lexin. I'm pretty big of the 'I don't give a damn' camp too, but mostly, I think this news actually made my day. I hated Michael Jackson. I admit, he was talented, yes, but he was fucked up and possibly a pedo. The first thought I had was, "Maybe his kids will have a chance at a normal life now."

Third'd.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 11:16 am

karmyn31 wrote:
No, Freezer, it doesn't. Farrah isn't getting as much coverage, either. Celebrities have died on the same day before and have gotten equal coverage.

And behold, on this very board, the "Michael Jackson dead" thread is at four pages and counting, compared to the "Farrah Fawcett dead" thread which may be nearing the half-page-mark any day now.
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:24 pm

I just realized something, as any devout anime nerd should have. Michael Jackson was murdered. The culprit was this guy:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yup. Kira killed MJ.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:37 pm

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
I just realized something, as any devout anime nerd should have. Michael Jackson was murdered. The culprit was this guy:

Spoiler:

Yup. Kira killed MJ.

OH MY GOD. IT WAS KIRA.

Why did I not think of that? Shocked

A thousand internets to you.
Back to top Go down
Blooferlady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Blooferlady

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 1:03 pm

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
Spoiler:

Yup. Kira killed MJ.
I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one who thought this.
Back to top Go down
http://blooferblog.tumblr.com
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:26 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
Maximilia wrote:
Lexin wrote:

Third'd.
Yeah, I never liked him and I'm not going to pretend I did just because he's died. I am interested to see what exactly the media'll do though.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:32 pm

The one good thing about MJ's death is that it made MTV actually bother to play music videos instead of all that reality crap it has become so fond of.

Oh, sure, it's all Michael Jackson music. But whatever, you guys, as long as I'm enjoying it. :downs:
Back to top Go down
Generic Thirteen

Generic Thirteen

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 3:43 pm

If any of you have Sims 3, there's a really good version of him up on Modthesims.info. Hello neighborhood creepy guy!

In my area, we only have a four radio stations that aren't country music, and only one of those plays hip hop, rap, and pop stuff. And that station is playing 80% Michael Jackson songs today. They keep getting calls from irate teens, and the DJ's are making fun of them. It's great.

Last edited by Generic Thirteen on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 4:21 pm

4chan in mourning as Pedobear dies. Now sports.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:29 pm

ZoZo wrote:
My God they're getting the special tributes out quickly. Were they expecting him to die, because it's like they had them on file?

I don't know about TV or radio, but most major newspapers have 'fill-in-the-blanks' obituaries on file for anyone who qualifies as a major star, as well as rough-draft 'tribute stories' that only need the date and pertinent details added to be published. It wouldn't surprise me that TV and radio operate in a similar manner.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 6:17 pm

Knorg wrote:
4chan in mourning as Pedobear dies. Now sports.

In sports news, Dwight Howard is bawling his eyes out on Twitter. Important basketball stuff like the departure of Hedo Turkolu and Courtney Lee and the arrival of Vince Carter? No, sorry, more important stuff, like the death of batshit dumbfuck who hasn't done anything POSITIVE if the past decade has to take precedent.

Jim Rome (30 minute sporty talk show host), listed all many of the athelets who were Twittering about it.

Chad Johnson Tweeted that the death of Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson was as sad as 9/11.

As Jim Rome put it, "Sometimes athletes and Twitter mix about as well as alcohol and guns."
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Hey, did you all hear that Jeff Goldblum and Harrison Ford died too? :redangry:
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 7:09 pm

Maximilia wrote:
Lexin wrote:

I wouldn't go so far to say that I'm glad he's dead, but I can't say I'm terribly upset, either. The guy really creeped me out. And to be honest, I've never cared for his music that much.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 7:13 pm

One radio station tried doing a "tribute" to him. I wanted to call them up and remind them that Jacko did other songs than "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough", which seemed to be played on a loop.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 7:33 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
karmyn31 wrote:
No, Freezer, it doesn't. Farrah isn't getting as much coverage, either. Celebrities have died on the same day before and have gotten equal coverage.

And behold, on this very board, the "Michael Jackson dead" thread is at four pages and counting, compared to the "Farrah Fawcett dead" thread which may be nearing the half-page-mark any day now.

My mom put a positive spin on that: with about 98% of the media focused on Michael, it allows Farrah's family to grieve out of the public spotlight.
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 7:44 pm

It seems this was the only thing on the news this afternoon. Well, that and the weather. But the weather has pretty much been the same all month.
His doctor supposedly has some connection to Houston so they're running with that. I don't care. I need to know if it's only going to be 103 tomorrow or is it going to be 109 again.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:02 pm

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
Yup. Kira killed MJ.

That joke has been over /a/ all day now. And I'm still amused.

HNNNNNNNGGGG-!
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 1:36 am

Okay, everyone, we've had our fun. It's time to stop joking now and deal with the serious issue.

Specifically, WHAT are they going to do with the body? Cremation is out of the question, it'll either burn a hole in the ozone layer or explode, possibly both. If they bury it, it won't degrade for at LEAST 50,000 years. I vote they launch it into space, my sister votes they put it with the Elephant Man. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 1:39 am

"Lego have put in a bid for the body. They can recycle him into enough bricks to last a decade."
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 1:54 am

Delcat wrote:
Okay, everyone, we've had our fun. It's time to stop joking now and deal with the serious issue.

Specifically, WHAT are they going to do with the body? Cremation is out of the question, it'll either burn a hole in the ozone layer or explode, possibly both. If they bury it, it won't degrade for at LEAST 50,000 years. I vote they launch it into space, my sister votes they put it with the Elephant Man. Thoughts?

Madame Tussaud's. Nobody will be able to tell the difference and he'll probably last longer than the fakes.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 3:47 am

No, man, Body Worlds. He should totally be in Body Worlds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dead   Michael Jackson Dead - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Dead
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next