Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rulke55

Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode Empty
PostSubject: Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode   Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:53 pm

I am a fan of Doctor Who and Peter Jackson directing an episode would be amazing. But well how do people feel about this? It's kinda TV and news at same time, figure just post it here.

More here

Quote :
Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann have told journalists in New Zealand that they'd like to see Peter Jackson direct a story for Doctor Who, amid celebrations of the series' 50th anniversary.

According to Stuff, the trio agree with Who star Matt Smith's idea that The Lord of the Rings director should get involved with the show, with any episodes he's involved in being filmed in New Zealand.

I think he would be above trying to make anything trendy. The story would be strong. He would be ideal to make it; he's above the kind of pressure, who could lean on him?

There's a chance they may get their wish, too; it's been revealed that Jackson recently met the show's executive producer and head writer Steven Moffat. Though obviously he's knee-deep in Hobbits at present.

Baker, who played the sixth Doctor, said, "I could only think he would make an epic Doctor Who story. I would like to be cast, not as the Doctor, even if it's inside a furry suit. Maybe I could be a villain."

McCoy backed up this sentiment by offering a ringing endorsement to the man who directed him in The Hobbit. He asserted, "He knows what he's doing. If he was in charge of the budget he'd most likely want to film it on the moon and has the ability to do it. If he was using the resources of Weta they would make some amazing magic.

A reviewer reaction on this

Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode   Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Can't be much worst then some of the newer Doctor Who episodes.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode   Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:48 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
I think it's actually grammatically incorrect to bitch about New Who and not include the term 'in my day,' italics necessary, sentence-level stress on 'my.' Would you care to rephrase?
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode   Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:07 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:
I think it's actually grammatically incorrect to bitch about New Who and not include the term 'in my day,' italics necessary, sentence-level stress on 'my.' Would you care to rephrase?

Well, seeing as I only started watching the old Doctor Who episodes after my friend had me watching the new episodes, nope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode   Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode Empty

Back to top Go down

Peter Jackson Wishes to Direct Doctor Who Episode
Page 1 of 1