Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something Weird Happened to Me Today

Go down 
+83
Eeveegou
KelinciHutan
spork
TheIan
Cyberwulf
Mikey Go WOOGA
rae
Disco Stu
oracle
Kevin M
Shisaiga
I_Lam_Edhellen
the asylum
Reidmar
myeerah
TheHedonist
Chris91
knightwithoutacause
CaptainMcNeil
karmyn31
Nihilist
Hawaiian Shirt
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
bleachedblackcat
Owlish
Pierre Gringoire
Kommandar
The Unoriginal
John Marston
4shadowedice4
Quijotesca
Rabid Badger
KJM
Lapin
Spotts1701
Lembech
Saleha
InkWeaver
Dr. Quinzel
WD40
Nonsense Words
EricD
Somath Cegem
lemmingwriter
Lurv
Reepicheep-chan
Sakurelf
beepchoc
Kirby
Miss Misery
Aggie
Azzandra
Jesus.
Ratchetmon
Tungsten Monk
Lexin
theweirdkind
GamemasterAnthony
Sarin
NichoMas
Sutremaine
grmblfjx
Salamas
Fairlight
Sheba
Miss Prince
Snake Bandage
Mr.Doobie
dracowaltztard
moonpie
Maximilia
Blooferlady
Mafiosa
gaijinguy
Vilecat
Penguin
Seule
ZoZo
XLT-100852.0
SlyChild
Lady Anne
Braigwen
EileenK98
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:47 pm

grmblfjx wrote:

I frequently read Regretsy... *snip*

Offtopic question: do they require you to be a paying member to view password protected entries? Because I registered at that site just to see them but my password doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Eh. We're weird about parent-child nudity here. Everything is abuse to a lot of people. Personally, I grew up in the kind of house where nudity wasn't a big deal, because we were all female, so it's never bothered me. It's a really big deal to a lot of Americans for a parent and a child to be nude together, even same gender nudity though. We're very paranoid.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:38 pm

So it is a cultural thing, then. Because, I kept thinking there's something really obvious and I'm not seeing it.

Aggie wrote:
Offtopic question: do they require you to be a paying member to view password protected entries? Because I registered at that site just to see them but my password doesn't work.

Ha, no, that's just to fuck with people. The password is posted on their facebook page, which you don't have to "like" to see, and after 24 hours all passwords get changed to cf4l.
You don't even have to register on Regretsy to see the password protected posts, but people get confused and that pisses them off and I think that's the whole appeal.

Oh, and trying to guess how the password is going to relate to the post. :D
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:41 pm

My 2-year-old niece has a new nickname for me:

Auntie Bubble
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:48 pm

Lapin wrote:
Eh. We're weird about parent-child nudity here. Everything is abuse to a lot of people. Personally, I grew up in the kind of house where nudity wasn't a big deal, because we were all female, so it's never bothered me. It's a really big deal to a lot of Americans for a parent and a child to be nude together, even same gender nudity though. We're very paranoid.

My brother, his wife and their daughter used to shower together to save water. That changed when his daughter started referring to her father as "Apple Booty". Three guesses as to what she would point at in the shower. XD
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:01 pm

Lady Anne wrote:

Auntie Bubble

Okay, I'll bite. Why?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 6:51 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

Auntie Bubble

Okay, I'll bite. Why?
Because when I come over to baby-sit, I always bring a big bottle of bubble soap and a toy called the Unbelievabubble, which makes giant bubbles several feet long. My niece loves playing with it.
Back to top Go down
John Marston

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 9:56 pm

I must be losing it,an episode of fucking South Park has turned me into an emotional mess. scratch
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 8:36 am

...I got invited to a baby shower.

Oh gawd, I'm getting old.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:09 pm

One of the lids we refurbished in our company crushed a man to death yesterday.
It was one of those one-in-a-million freak accidents: he tripped and tried to hold onto something for balance, the "something" turned out to be the brake lever for the hoist, and the lid fell on his chest.
Life goes on, and our customer already arranged to bring back the lid in our workshop for due repairs (the paint chipped where it hit the ground).
I think I'll be on leave.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:52 am

My iTunes has a very loose definition for '70's Pop. I've been listening to my Genius Mix, and so far I've heard "Animaniacs," "Other Father Song" from Coraline, and "RE: Your Brains," none of which are from the '70's.

Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:58 am

o.O

I think I just saw one of my characters appear in an ad for MapleStory on GameFAQs.

The ad went "some and such are ruthless pirates...some and such are powerful magicians...and one dude...is a mime?"

Odd thing is...the mime they created kinda looks like one of my own characters.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:57 am

Sorry to double, but...I'm scared now.

I had the theme song to "The Greatest American Hero" running through my head earlier and I just now checked the TV to see what was on...

There's a "Greatest American Hero" Marathon on SyFY right now.

HIDE ME!!! I don't want anyone dissecting my brain for psionic secrets! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 4:35 pm

My store has started our annual charity drive. We have little cards that the customers can write their names on if they want.

This morning I came in, and the top card sitting on my register said Q.

scratch Shocked Excitedplz

Q was in our store? When? How did I miss him?
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:43 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
My store has started our annual charity drive. We have little cards that the customers can write their names on if they want.

Omnipotent. Duh.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:20 am

Sakurelf wrote:
EileenK98 wrote:

Omnipotent. Duh.

Now see here, Double-O Seven...are you QUITE sure it was that Q? After all, MI-6's master of gadgets could just as easily sneak in unnoticed just as long as he doesn't bluster about his genius.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:58 am

grmblfjx wrote:
So, guys, I need your help.

I frequently read Regretsy, which is a funny snarky site with a low tolerance for bullshit, and I enjoy it a lot, even if, sometimes, they are a bit narrow-minded.
So today, this was posted:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...cue a whole slew of comments about INAPPROPRIATE and MOLESTATION. Some of them funny, even, but I just.... didn't get it. I don't get what is inherently inappropriate about this picture.
I asked, and what I got was some downvotes and a comment about slapping me upside the head, which, as far as I know, hasn't helped anyone ever understand anything better, at least not without an accompanying explanation, and there wasn't one.
Further down the page was a comment about the man being apparently naked. Is that what all this is about? That his bathing suit doesn't go down to his knee?

Please, WGW, enlighten me. Is this a cultural thing? Am I blind? Is there a big penis elephant in the room and I keep missing it? What?

Look at the way they're positioned--the father seems to to trying to pull the child towards himself while the boy appears to be attempting to keep him at least at arms' length, as though he dislikes the contact. Add the fact that there is minimal clothing involved and viola, it looks like molestation.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:02 pm

I find myself excited about a tropical depression in the gulf. We need the rain desperately.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm on vacation in Mammoth Lakes, and today I went to Devil's Postpile. When I was getting back on the bus, who should I see getting off the bus but the most obnoxious principal from my district. I didn't know he was in the area, he didn't know I was in the area, and he's not someone I would seek out. Seeing him at the same random spot as me, hundreds of miles from home, was Shocked .
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:15 pm

I met a former Marine named Neptune.

...Where are people getting their baby names?
Back to top Go down
Kommandar

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:18 pm

From space.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:21 pm

^Or mythology.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:17 am

It's my 21st birthday and all I've done is panic about it for two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:33 am

Jesus. wrote:
It's my 21st birthday and all I've done is panic about it for two weeks.
Happy birthday!
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:34 am

Happy Birthday Jesus!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Something Weird Happened to Me Today
Page 9 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next