Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home

Go down 
+33
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
The Unoriginal
Wolf
Rabid Badger
Blooferlady
the asylum
kelly
Sparrow
Penguin
Mafiosa
TheHermit
Maximilia
Adagio
Fairlight
Ezri Dax
Raine
ZoZo
Keith Fraser
rachel
Spotts1701
Lady Anne
EileenK98
Verandering
gaijinguy
Sutremaine
Jesus.
rae
Braigwen
Goat
Lapin
Miss Misery
Salamas
Saleha
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Gai, you could have at least said you were too busy kissing girls or something.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
My oldest sister's lived in California since the early 1960s, and she's watched it go from the last bastion of Freedom of Expression to being more hidebound, homophobic and racist than anywhere in the deep south. She knows people who refuse to go to certain stores because there are foreigners working in them. Not illegal immigrants, but people who aren't 100% white whose ancestors didn't come over with the Pilgrims. Her brother-in law and his wife live across the street, are rabid Republicans, and basically spend all their time in a constant state of terror that 'they' are going to come to get them ('they' being anyone who isn't 100% white and straight).

She says if she didn't love where she lives and works so much, she'd move, but she's been there for close to 49 years, she turned 70 this year, she and her second husband own their house free and clear, and they can't just pull up stakes and leave.

But she's a rarity these days; someone who's non-racist, non-homophobic, and can't understand why the rest of the state seems to have gone crazy.
We're not all racist and homophobic, though there certainly are people who are this way. There's a nasty little group of white supremacists at the school I work for who think it's amusing to draw swastikas in the textbooks and pick on anyone who isn't straight and white. They're also dumb as all get out, because the school (and the town) are about 85% minority, and their attempts to put down anyone who isn't just like them results in frequent beatings, especially since these dumbasses like to pick on gang leaders. One of the little shits decided to pick on a gay kid last year and was promptly told by the most powerful gang leader at the school, "If you have a problem with him, you have a problem with us." Amazingly enough, the KKK wannabe backed off. It might have had something to do with the fact that the security guard he liked to refer to as nigger was watching.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
thebonerules

thebonerules

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
They're also dumb as all get out, because the school (and the town) are about 85% minority, and their attempts to put down anyone who isn't just like them results in frequent beatings, especially since these dumbasses like to pick on gang leaders.
I know what you mean and all, but something about that descriptor just seems off, wouldn't you say?

In other news, whoever's responsible for this deserves to be forcibly sodomized with a lamppost. Or anything else suitably large and phallic.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
... Amazingly enough, the KKK wannabe backed off. It might have had something to do with the fact that the security guard he liked to refer to as nigger was watching.
Wow. That's verging on "too fucking stupid to live" territory, for sure. I wonder of The Darwin Awards has a category for that sort of self-destructive dipshittery.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:49 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
I love my home state...but I can't stand the Governator or the legislature. Bunch of fucking morons. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Agreed. It's been steadily run into the ground by its leadership, and it's only going to get worse in the near future. I have little hope for any of the contenders for governor.

On topic, I hope he's got the strength (and resources left) to tear these folks apart in the courts, because they certainly shouldn't get away with this. If it can happen once, it can happen again. I agree that there should probably be a criminal prosecution element to this as well as civil; I would think that there are elements of both in this act.
Back to top Go down
Alex89

Alex89

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:32 pm

So, is California the new Florida now? Or is it Virginia?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:08 pm

Florida will always be Florida. No state can replace it in terms of fail. Not even Kaliforneea.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Penguin wrote:
Florida will always be Florida. No state can replace it in terms of fail. Not even Kaliforneea.

You know, that feels like it would be pronounced like it is "Black Friday Rule".
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:34 pm

I love that song. ...and pretty much consider it to be the theme of working here.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Penguin wrote:
I love that song. ...and pretty much consider it to be the theme of working here.

I really love that song too. But do you mean the theme of working where you are (England) or the theme of working in California?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:54 pm

I would say the theme of working at the RAF base where I'm at, yes.

The buildings they shake but my heart it beats still
Oh mother of Jesus, I feel pretty ill
I want to go home where my feet both feel safe
But there ain't no jobs in the old free state
Back to top Go down
Grunge

Grunge

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:55 am

Stale news is stale, the /b/
side of it is.
Quote :
The Guerneville man suing Sonoma County for separating him from his
partner and selling their possessions had attacked the other man and at
one point threatened to kill him, according to the sheriff’s department
report of the 2008 incident released Wednesday.
But no charges were brought against Clay Greene, 78, accused of
attacking Harold Scull, 88, because prosecutors said there was
insufficient evidence. Greene has repeatedly denied the allegations of
abuse and Scull at the time was unwilling to pursue charges.
They were looking out for the mans best interest, screw the one side screaming "homophobes" It's pretty easy to see why the state stepped in and saved the old man from certain demise.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:06 am

While this deal might not be as cut-and-dry as it initially appears, this article still has some contradictions in it that I wish would be cleared up.

See this:

Quote :
Scull allegedly told officials he no longer wished to live with Greene,
so he was placed in a nursing home.

vs. this:

Quote :
“The victim refused and told me he just wanted to go home,” Fong wrote.

Then we have this:

Quote :
According to a report from Deputy Dave Tait, Greene said he had a
romantic relationship with the man about 10 years ago and now the two
were simply living together to share expenses. He said they were
drinking Vodka and orange juice on the front porch when the man tripped
and fell. An ambulance was called.
Greene denied assaulting or threatening the man, Tait said. Greene
reaffirmed that position in an interview this week from his Guerneville
home.
The bit about Scull tripping and falling is likely a lie, considering that he wouldn't have a reason to claim assault in that case. Question is, is the remainder the truth?
Quote :
Greene was later deemed incapable of caring for himself and was sent to a
different facility, Spaulding said.
On what basis?
Quote :
The men were given a chance to remove possessions from their rented
Sebastopol house, he said.
This directly contradicts the allegations of Greene's case. Which one is true? Given that both men were likely already in nursing homes at that point, I have trouble believing this bit. If this opportunity had been given and Greene had had an opportunity to leave the nursing home to take advantage of it, his claim of having lost everything would not hold water.

In short, while this situation is more complex, especially considering the allegations of domestic abuse, it still seems that an entire basketball practice worth of balls were dropped by the authorities in this situation. At the very least, we likely still have elderly abuse here, as Scull allegedly wanted to go back home at first and we have no information on just why Greene was deemed unfit to care for himself.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:31 pm

Thanks for the update on this, Nih. What happened to the two of them was bullshit and it's good to get a sense of closure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3