Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home

Go down 
+33
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
The Unoriginal
Wolf
Rabid Badger
Blooferlady
the asylum
kelly
Sparrow
Penguin
Mafiosa
TheHermit
Maximilia
Adagio
Fairlight
Ezri Dax
Raine
ZoZo
Keith Fraser
rachel
Spotts1701
Lady Anne
EileenK98
Verandering
gaijinguy
Sutremaine
Jesus.
rae
Braigwen
Goat
Lapin
Miss Misery
Salamas
Saleha
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home Empty
PostSubject: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Story here

Quote :
Clay and his partner of 20 years, Harold, lived in California. Clay and
Harold made diligent efforts to protect their legal rights, and had
their legal paperwork in place—wills, powers of attorney, and medical
directives, all naming each other. Harold was 88 years old and in frail
medical condition, but still living at home with Clay, 77, who was in
good health.

Sounds like those two did everything in their power to get everything squared away in case one of them got sick or died. They should have been okay, right?

Wrong.

Quote :
One evening, Harold fell down the front steps of their home and was
taken to the hospital. Based on their medical directives alone, Clay
should have been consulted in Harold’s care from the first moment.
Tragically, county and health care workers instead refused to allow
Clay to see Harold in the hospital.

WE DUN CARE HOW MANY PIECES OF PAPER YOU HAVE WE DUN LET HOMOS SEE THEIR FUCKBUDDIES!

Think this is bad already? WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Quote :
Ignoring Clay’s significant role in Harold’s life, the county continued
to treat Harold like he had no family and went to court seeking the
power to make financial decisions on his behalf. Outrageously, the
county represented to the judge that Clay was merely Harold’s
“roommate.”

You can see where this is leading, right?

Quote :
What happened next is even more chilling: without authority, without
determining the value of Clay and Harold’s possessions accumulated over
the course of their 20 years together or making any effort to determine
which items belonged to whom, the county took everything Harold and
Clay owned and auctioned off all of their belongings.
Adding further
insult to grave injury, the county removed Clay from his home and
confined him to a nursing home against his will.
The county workers
then terminated Clay and Harold's lease and surrendered the home they
had shared for many years to the landlord.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
Who the HELL thought they had the authority to confine an otherwise healthy man in a nursing home against his will after selling all his shit without even consulting him, as well as ignoring all his paperwork that stated he had a damn SAY in the treatment of his life partner?!?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
Three months after he was hospitalized, Harold died in the nursing
home. Because of the county’s actions, Clay missed the final months he
should have had with his partner of 20 years. Compounding this tragedy,
Clay has literally nothing left of the home he had shared with Harold
or the life he was living up until the day that Harold fell, because he
has been unable to recover any of his property.

This is absolutely bloody horrifying. Clay is going to sue the county according to the website, but even if he gets reimbursed for his financial losses and pain and suffering, it's not going to bring back the last three months with his partner he lost out on.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:14 pm

That is disgusting, absolutely disgusting. There are no words to describe how horrible this is.

"Just his rommmate"?
Fuck you Sonoma. That is low, really fucking low. And I can't believe the judge believed it even with all the paperwork.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:32 pm

I hope Clay sues them into oblivion.

Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:40 pm

...I need...I just...I can't...

I need to walk away from this now. Before I go to California to kill some bitches.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home 309696

OH MY GOD, I HATE YOU PEOPLE, YOU DRIVE ME INTO ALCOHOLISM
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Nearly every county in California is going through hellish financial shit storms right now with falling tax revenues because of all the job losses. This is their shitty way of trying to get more money to waste on useless shit.

Anyway you look at it, it's just shit.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:39 pm

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK? I keep trying to come up with something coherent, but all I'm getting is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:57 pm

I seriously must know what bullshit legal precedent these stupid cunts had for ignoring legal documentation, seizing and auctioning their assets, and removing the civil liberties and right to his body from Clay. Please. Someone tell me what they used to justify this so I can take it and have Edward Scissorpenis rape them and their precedent sideways and backwards, because there is no way that this was one man's smart idea or one section of the government's gross oversight. This cannot be anything else than stone cold, blatant discrimination and there will be HELL TO PAY, MOTHERFUCKER. HELL.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:03 pm

What the hell? Did none of these people realise that the rest of the country going to hear about this eventually (or did they think that the rest of the country would support it if they did know), or were they hoping Clay would die and not be their problem any more? Or that they'd just be able to ignore him since he was stuck in a nursing home?
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Jesus. wrote:
I seriously must know what bullshit legal precedent these stupid cunts had for ignoring legal documentation, seizing and auctioning their assets, and removing the civil liberties and right to his body from Clay. Please. Someone tell me what they used to justify this so I can take it and have Edward Scissorpenis rape them and their precedent sideways and backwards, because there is no way that this was one man's smart idea or one section of the government's gross oversight. This cannot be anything else than stone cold, blatant discrimination and there will be HELL TO PAY, MOTHERFUCKER. HELL.

Easy...according to most of these cunts, gays and lesbians are second class citizens.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Stay classy, California.

Hey, Spotts, care to weigh in on the governmental aspect of this?

(Yes, I'm in reruns. Sue me.)
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:19 pm

I have nothing but tears, man.
And I don't cry.

This is absolutely, positively fucking repulsive. Fuck. You.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:36 pm

What possible legal justification could there be for forcing a healthy man out of his home, seizing and selling off everything he owned, and keeping him from someone dear to him? Other than "WE HAET THE GAYZ."
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Fuuuuuccccckkkkk...and California is supposed to be a liberal state.

This is why we need to legalize gay marriage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:32 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
Stay classy, California.

EileenK98 wrote:
What possible legal justification could there be for forcing a healthy man out of his home, seizing and selling off everything he owned, and keeping him from someone dear to him? Other than "WE HAET THE GAYZ."

Simply put, there wasn't one. The article stated that the court denied the county's motion to gain power of attorney, but did grant the county limited access to Harold's financial assets in order to pay medical bills.

Everything they did beyond that point was not authorized by that court, or any other court.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
gaijinguy wrote:
Stay classy, California.

EileenK98 wrote:

Simply put, there wasn't one. The article stated that the court denied the county's motion to gain power of attorney, but did grant the county limited access to Harold's financial assets in order to pay medical bills.

Everything they did beyond that point was not authorized by that court, or any other court.

So they broke the law big time?
I hope someone burns in hell.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:12 pm

Miss Misery wrote:
I hope Clay sues them into oblivion.

They probably figured he's to old to put up much of a fight. I really hope they're wrong.

(This has got me seething. My cousin--one of the best people you could ever meet--and his husband live in California. This same damn thing could happen to them.)
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:53 am

I have little to contribute beyond GRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. Upset

Verandering wrote:
I have nothing but tears, man.
And I don't cry.

"He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry...so I cry for him." Crying or Very sad

Lady Anne wrote:
This is why we need to legalize gay marriage.

Agreed. The current situation is a bit like the "separate but equal" racial segregation laws that used to exist.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:19 am

I have nothing to add but a very frowny face and some fist shaking. I was under the impression California was one of the slightly better ones.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:39 am

How the hell did something like this get out of hand when it was so clearly illegal, unethical, and damn insensitive? D:<
Back to top Go down
Ezri Dax
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ezri Dax

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:42 am

I think that homophobia probably had a lot to do with this, and I hope Clay sues their arse off and I hope whoever ordered these illegal actions loses their job. This is exactly the reasons why there should be gay marriage so that things like this can't happen, because nothing like this would have happened to a heterosexual couple.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:27 am

God, that's a depressing story. Let's hope Clay gets the money to replace his stuff at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:28 am

Ezri Dax wrote:
I hope whoever ordered these illegal actions loses their job.

Forget losing their job, I hope the people responsible go to jail for this. Jesus fucking Christ, this is so wrong. So, so wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:57 am

Ezri Dax wrote:
I think that homophobia probably had a lot to do with this
More like 'everything', combined with "hey, he's in a nursing home, that's as good as destroying the evidence, right?" (they're soul-sucking places, really they are).
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:15 am

Sutremaine wrote:
Ezri Dax wrote:
I think that homophobia probably had a lot to do with this
More like 'everything', combined with "hey, he's in a nursing home, that's as good as destroying the evidence, right?" (they're soul-sucking places, really they are).

Agreed there. If nothing else, it's likely better evidence of ageism than homophobia. "Ah, that old fart won't do anything."

But more than likely, it was greed and nothing else that fueled this. They could do it, so they did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home   Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home Empty

Back to top Go down

Gay couple forcibly kept separate, healthy partner forced into nursing home
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next